What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Raheem Mostert, MIA (2 Viewers)

Watching the game on Sunday, he didn't seem like the hammer type, IMO.

Just looked at his thread in the Pool, and this was in the write-up from the original post:

He got all his touches in the 4th quarter, so maybe he will be the hammer/finisher/closer, etc.  Doesn't seem like that's his best role, though. 
He looked good. Was running hard, had some nifty moves and seemed to laying some punishing hits.

Gotta think the door is open for Coleman though. He's long been a Shanahan favorite. Think I'm going after Coleman just in case lightning strikes for him again with Hasty next in priority (because I don't think my league will bother with him).

He looked good. Was running hard, had some nifty moves and seemed to laying some punishing hits.

Gotta think the door is open for Coleman though. He's long been a Shanahan favorite. Think I'm going after Coleman just in case lightning strikes for him again with Hasty next in priority (because I don't think my league will bother with him).
Im hearing Coleman wont be back this week.

Has Mostert been IR'd yet?

Hoping he avoids.

Still shocked it's this serious. Couldn't see anything happen. Meanwhile the likes of a M. Sanders goes for an MRI and is back in 1-2 weeks. Don't get it.

Has Mostert been IR'd yet?

Hoping he avoids.

Still shocked it's this serious. Couldn't see anything happen. Meanwhile the likes of a M. Sanders goes for an MRI and is back in 1-2 weeks. Don't get it.
Not officially yet (they have til Saturday to make all their IR moves) but this was from profootballtalk:

The injured reserve only requires missing three weeks this season but Shanahan said that it’s possible the recovery is longer than that for Mostert.

“We’ll see how it progresses,” Shanahan said.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not officially yet (they have til Saturday to make all their IR moves) but this was from profootballtalk:

The injured reserve only requires missing three weeks this season but Shanahan said that it’s possible the recovery is longer than that for Mostert.

“We’ll see how it progresses,” Shanahan said.
Week 7, I.R 3 games at least.. Shanny saying recovery will be longer..

Is Mostert even worth keeping right now?

Week 7, I.R 3 games at least.. Shanny saying recovery will be longer..

Is Mostert even worth keeping right now?
There's no way I cut the chord now without first seeing him on IR.

Last year, I stuck with Saquon's sucktitude when he had a HAS and when he came back (prematurely). Was a total bust...until playoff time.

Knowing how Shanahan wants to use this guy I'm holding regardless.

kyoun1e said:

Coleman is the ultimate suck. The Shanny system has made him serviceable, but every other RB I have ever seen in the same Shanny system at the same time as Coleman have looked worlds better. Shanny knows more about scheming and running an offense more than all of us combined, I got to believe he finally sees a little bit of this now.

With that said, I have been in the McKinnon camp since this summer knowing Mostert can't stay healthy and Jet was the cheapest of the 3.

Still no IR move? Yet I've seen SF put another guy or two on there this week.

Wishful thinking but maybe they are holding out hope he's responding to treatment and doesn't need to hit IR.

Still no IR move? Yet I've seen SF put another guy or two on there this week.

Wishful thinking but maybe they are holding out hope he's responding to treatment and doesn't need to hit IR.
I didn't know this and think you are probably correct. According to Bramel and others, the mechanism didn't seem to show a severe HAS, but who knows. If it doesn't happen by today, I'd say there is hope he only misses 2-3 weeks. 

I didn't know this and think you are probably correct. According to Bramel and others, the mechanism didn't seem to show a severe HAS, but who knows. If it doesn't happen by today, I'd say there is hope he only misses 2-3 weeks. 
While possible, I think there are other factors involved in these decisions; perhaps that we aren't privy to.

The Cowboys knew Dak was done for the year last Sunday, but they didn't place him on IR until after this weekends' games.  I don't know why, but there had to be some reason for that delay.  Maybe SF is holding out hope Raheem can come back earlier, but there could also be another factor(s) at play.

While possible, I think there are other factors involved in these decisions; perhaps that we aren't privy to.

The Cowboys knew Dak was done for the year last Sunday, but they didn't place him on IR until after this weekends' games.  I don't know why, but there had to be some reason for that delay.  Maybe SF is holding out hope Raheem can come back earlier, but there could also be another factor(s) at play.
Interesting point. Thx 

A lot of it has to do with if they need the roster spot for someone else.  The reason they go on IR is to free up a roster spot for another player.  If they don't have someone they really need there is no reason to go on IR. 

A lot of it has to do with if they need the roster spot for someone else.  The reason they go on IR is to free up a roster spot for another player.  If they don't have someone they really need there is no reason to go on IR. 
question: so hypothetically, they don't IR him this week, but wind up needing the roster spot next week--won't the minimum 3 week stint on IR be pushed back a week? 

Of course that’s true.  And that’s one of the possible other reasons for not IRing him yet.  But you can place a player on IR without adding another player.  So, needing/not needing the roster spot doesn’t fully explain why Dak wasn’t IR’ed for over a week.  They knew he wasn’t coming back, so there had to be another factor(s) that led to the delay.  Perhaps contractual language?  Maybe something incentive-based?  I don’t know; I’m just speculating.  Best-case scenario, SF doesn’t IR Mostert b/c they think he can make it back sooner than 3 weeks.  My point was merely that there could be other reasons he hasn’t been placed on IR yet.

Of course that’s true.  And that’s one of the possible other reasons for not IRing him yet.  But you can place a player on IR without adding another player.  So, needing/not needing the roster spot doesn’t fully explain why Dak wasn’t IR’ed for over a week.  They knew he wasn’t coming back, so there had to be another factor(s) that led to the delay.  Perhaps contractual language?  Maybe something incentive-based?  I don’t know; I’m just speculating.  Best-case scenario, SF doesn’t IR Mostert b/c they think he can make it back sooner than 3 weeks.  My point was merely that there could be other reasons he hasn’t been placed on IR yet.
I was agreeing with you in the original comment.  There are many reasons to delay the actual placement on IR and it really is only needed to do when the team absolutely needs the roster spot. 

question: so hypothetically, they don't IR him this week, but wind up needing the roster spot next week--won't the minimum 3 week stint on IR be pushed back a week? 
I have no idea if the NFL has a similar system to MLB.  In MLB you can place a guy on the IL retroactive to the last game he actually played in so the player doesn't have to be on the IL but can still count the time as long as he never played in a game back to the retroactive date.  I do not know if the NFL has this same ability...….I tend to think they do not which means if he isn't placed on IR before this week's game then the three weeks get extended (at least that is my guess).

Shanahan said today that Mostert was indeed headed to IR and he will most likely be out til after the week 11 bye.

Source please.
From today.. scroll down to bottom of article

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/141323-receive-regarding-williams-injury-richard-sherman-expected-until/

"Running back Raheem Mostert is headed to injured reserve with a high-ankle sprain."

Barrows on Twitter 

Add Dee Ford (back) and Richard Sherman (calf) to the list of players the 49ers hope to have back after bye in late November, per Shanahan. Also on that list: Weston Richburg, Ronald Blair and Jordan Reed. Maybe Raheem Mostert.

SI article yesterday

"Niners coach Kyle Shanahan said Monday that running back Raheem Mostert suffered a high left ankle sprain in Sunday's 24-16 victory over the Rams. Shanahan added that Mostert will "most likely" land on injured reserve with the capability of returning after missing three games, though his injury could keep him out longer.

"We'll see how it progresses," Shanahan said."

Add Dee Ford (back) and Richard Sherman (calf) to the list of players the 49ers hope to have back after bye in late November, per Shanahan. Also on that list: Weston Richburg, Ronald Blair and Jordan Reed. Maybe Raheem Mostert.
"Maybe Raheem Mostert."

And that's an hour ago.

Going to be a glass half full guy here and hope he avoids IR.

"Maybe Raheem Mostert."

And that's an hour ago.

Going to be a glass half full guy here and hope he avoids IR.
Hes saying Maybe Mostert back after week 11. The first article I linked clearly says he's headed to IR. The 49ers are famous for waiting til Friday or just before the Saturday deadline to announce the last IR moves for the week.

I’m happy FFPC recently moved their 2nd waiver run til Sunday morning so I have a chance to IR him and fill the empty roster spot before next week. I like FFPC but I hate FFPC :)

Wingnut said:
Its official, hes on IR. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/49ers/49ers-call-johnathan-cyprien-jared-mayden-place-raheem-mostert-injured-reserve

The 49ers placed top running back Raheem Mostert on injured reserve due to a high ankle sprain.
Finally!  I have no idea why they wait so long - some day they're going to have a problem with their fax machine or something and not get it in time.  Once you've made the decision to put a player on IR, just do it.  I don't see any point to the shenanigans.

Finally!  I have no idea why they wait so long - some day they're going to have a problem with their fax machine or something and not get it in time.  Once you've made the decision to put a player on IR, just do it.  I don't see any point to the shenanigans.
Just in time for the last Sunday morning waiver run in FFPC. Phew. 

RAHEEM MOSTERT RB, SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan is "hopeful" Raheem Mostert (ankle), Tevin Coleman (knee) and Deebo Samuel (hamstring) will be ready to return following the team's Week 11 bye. 

Week 12 against the Rams has always been the soft target for all three. The 49ers badly, badly need a boost in the backfield, where Jerick McKinnon is not hacking it on early downs and JaMycal Hasty just landed on injured reserve. By far the best running back on the roster, Mostert has not played since Week 6. Mostert handling the mail with Coleman and McKinnon mixing in as change-of-paces would be the backfield the Niners originally envisioned before injuries decimated the offense. Mostert will return to RB2 status. 

RELATED: 

Tevin Coleman

, Deebo Samuel

SOURCE: Matt Maiocco on Twitter 

Nov 17, 2020, 4:54 PM ET

Are they practicing at all this week, or completely off till Monday? He posted a cryptic a few days ago, "Patiently waiting." I hope that's a good sign for week 12 moving forward. 

Rotoworld:

49ers designated RB Raheem Mostert (ankle) to return from injured reserve. 

Mostert is still technically on injured reserve, but this opens his 21-day practice window. Coach Kyle Shanahan went into the 49ers' bye saying he hoped to have Mostert and Tevin Coleman (knee) back for Week 12. Jeff Wilson (ankle) has also been designated to return from injured reserve. If Coleman and Wilson are both ready to go, Mostert will find himself in an extremely crowded backfield against the Rams, though his absence has made it clear how important he is to the 49ers' offense. He will be the lead back, and offer low-end RB2 appeal. Mostert's status won't necessarily be updated on Wednesday's practice report since the 49ers do not have to issue updates on I.R.ed players. 

SOURCE: Tom Pelissero on Twitter 

Nov 24, 2020, 4:55 PM ET

Any practice report today for Mostert? Coleman?

RBs are falling like flies today. Need him.
Rotoworld:

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Raheem Mostert (ankle) will be activated from injured reserve but remains questionable for Week 12 against the Rams.

Jeff Wilson, Richard Sherman, and Mostert will enter Sunday as questionable with no real read on their respective injury situations since the Niners have been locked down with walkthroughs since Wednesday. Mostert handled 19 of the team's 31 backfield touches in his only full game (Week 1) with both Jerick McKinnon and Coleman available this year and would return as San Francisco's bell-cow if available Sunday. McKinnon would start if both Mostert and Coleman are ruled out.

Nov 27, 2020, 4:47 PM ET

49ers coach Kyle Shanahan said Tevin Coleman (knee) won't play in Week 12 against the Rams.

Coleman will be out for one more week. Meanwhile Raheem Mostert (foot) and Jeff Wilson will be activated from injured reserve on Saturday with a shot to play versus Los Angeles. With Deebo Samuel in but Brandon Aiyuk likely still on the team's COVID list, the entire Niners offense is a touch-and-go situation for fantasy. Coleman will merely get a handful of touches as Mostert's backup when the former is cleared to return.

Nov 27, 2020, 5:04 PM ET

Users who are viewing this thread