What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

EG72's 2013 1st Round Mock, with "It's Always Sunny" q (1 Viewer)

In all seriousness, this was a well thought out and realistic draft (sans the dozens of trades that are likely to happen).

I hope the Steelers go w/ one of Austin, Jarvis Jones, Corradelle Patterson or Kenny Vaccaro (or if one of the top rushers like Mingo/Ansah/Etc drop)
Thanks pal.

They probably will, I was trying to think a little outside the box, particularly with their pick. I actually think it's more likely that St. Louis takes Austin at #16 leaving Patterson for Pittsburgh, but in the moment, I pretended I was the St. Louis brass and decided to take a shot on a guy I thought could develop into a true top-level #1 rather than another complementary receiver. The Rams desperately need 1 guy to be their Larry Fitzgerald/Calvin Johnson and give Bradford a chance.. the Steelers could use a guy like Austin who can attack a defense in a number of different ways to take some heat of Brown and Sanders on the outside. At least, that was the logic behind those picks.

BTW, the 5 cool points for identifying the "Sunny" quote that applies to the team/pick being made above it are still up for grabs.

If cordarelle patterson AND tavon austin are still available when the pantrs pick at 14, isee no way they pass it up.

They have brought in 14 guys and 10 are receivers.

If cordarelle patterson AND tavon austin are still available when the pantrs pick at 14, isee no way they pass it up.They have brought in 14 guys and 10 are receivers.
14 is too early for any WRs (not just in this class, too early in almost any class). The hype train on Austin is getting out of control.

The scarcity of the bigs warrant that they should be selected. I think it would be a folly for more than one or two WRs taken in the first round this year. And even those should be in the late first round.

If cordarelle patterson AND tavon austin are still available when the pantrs pick at 14, isee no way they pass it up.They have brought in 14 guys and 10 are receivers.
It's very likely that both will be there at 14.

I think there's a better chance the Panthers don't take a WR. It'll more likely be a defensive player.

1) I have a hard time believing 0 QBs will go day one. I can see it being only 1 or 2, but zero would be an absolute shocker.

2) While the Bengals have a big need at safety, I think they either go OT. If it plays out the way you say, though, EG, I think the Bengals would be a trade-down candidate at 21. In recent years they have stayed away from the small schools for the most part so gambling on a small school player in round 1 would be a surprise as well.

Bengals non-BCS picks in the last 5 years:

2012 5c S-George Iloka - Boise St

2011 2 QB-Andy Dalton - TCU

2011 3 LB - Dontay Moch - Nevada

2011 7a CB - Corey Lindsey - SIU

2010 5 G-Otis Hudson - Eastern Illinois

2009 6b RB-Bernard Scott - Abilene Christian

2009 7a FB-Fui Vakapuna - BYU

2009 7b DT-Clinton McDonald - Memphis

2009 7c WR-Freddie Brown - Utah

2008 2 WR-Jerome Simpson - Coastal Carolina

2008 5 G-Jason Shirley - Fresno State

2008 6a S-Corey Lynch - Appalachian State

2008 6b TE-Matt Sherry - Villanova

The last time the Bengals drafted a player from a non-power* conference in Round 1 was DE-Jason Buck of BYU in 1987.

* - I didn't count Klinger in '92 b/c Houston was in the SWC, which was a major conference at the time

Anyway, great work EG :) Always a fun read!

-QG

Nice job. I wouldn't mind Warmack for CLE but I would be pretty shocked, especially if Jordan is on the board. Agree that Millilner is their #1 target. If both are gone I suspect they would try to trade back and recoup their already used 2nd rd pick or at least another 3rd.
Browns probably want to trade down in the 1st round to get a 2nd round pick which will then be dealt to the Patriots for Mallett on draft day.
no

Great read. Loved the Always Sunny quotes, but nothing will ever top the Star Wars Mock draft. That one was epic. ;)
:lmao:

On that one, I actually took the time to match the quotes to the picks. This one, it was simply impossible, and I didn't really have the time to boot.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

1) I have a hard time believing 0 QBs will go day one. I can see it being only 1 or 2, but zero would be an absolute shocker.

2) While the Bengals have a big need at safety, I think they either go OT. If it plays out the way you say, though, EG, I think the Bengals would be a trade-down candidate at 21. In recent years they have stayed away from the small schools for the most part so gambling on a small school player in round 1 would be a surprise as well.

Bengals non-BCS picks in the last 5 years:

2012 5c S-George Iloka - Boise St

2011 2 QB-Andy Dalton - TCU

2011 3 LB - Dontay Moch - Nevada

2011 7a CB - Corey Lindsey - SIU

2010 5 G-Otis Hudson - Eastern Illinois

2009 6b RB-Bernard Scott - Abilene Christian

2009 7a FB-Fui Vakapuna - BYU

2009 7b DT-Clinton McDonald - Memphis

2009 7c WR-Freddie Brown - Utah

2008 2 WR-Jerome Simpson - Coastal Carolina

2008 5 G-Jason Shirley - Fresno State

2008 6a S-Corey Lynch - Appalachian State

2008 6b TE-Matt Sherry - Villanova

The last time the Bengals drafted a player from a non-power* conference in Round 1 was DE-Jason Buck of BYU in 1987.

* - I didn't count Klinger in '92 b/c Houston was in the SWC, which was a major conference at the time

Anyway, great work EG :) Always a fun read!

-QG
I love getting homer insight on my mocks - good info here QG, thanks !

Users who are viewing this thread