What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 9 (1 Viewer)

Scoresman

Footballguy
Thursday, November 5th
8:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10.5 ) at Cincinnati ( -10.5 ) —- T: 46

Sunday, November 8th
1:00 PM EST : Washington ( 14 ) at New England ( -14 ) —- T: 52.5
1:00 PM EST : Miami ( 3 ) at Buffalo ( -3 ) —- T: 44
1:00 PM EST : St Louis ( 2.5 ) at Minnesota ( -2.5 ) —- T: 40
1:00 PM EST : Jacksonville ( – ) at NY Jets ( – ) —- T: —
1:00 PM EST : Oakland ( 4.5 ) at Pittsburgh ( -4.5 ) —- T: 48
1:00 PM EST : Green Bay ( -2 ) at Carolina ( 2 ) —- T: —
1:00 PM EST : Tennessee ( 8 ) at New Orleans ( -8 ) —- T: —
4:05 PM EST : NY Giants ( -2.5 ) at Tampa Bay ( 2.5 ) —- T: 47
4:05 PM EST : Atlanta ( -5 ) at San Francisco ( 5 ) —- T: 45
4:25 PM EST : Denver ( -3 ) at Indianapolis ( 3 ) —- T: —
8:30 PM EST : Philadelphia ( -3 ) at Dallas ( 3 ) —- T: 44.5

Monday, November 9th
8:30 PM EST : Chicago ( 3.5 ) at San Diego ( -3.5 ) —- T: 49

Seems easy this week.

Jeremy Hill (cheap and getting all the touches)

Stevie Johnson (with Allen out)

Heath Miller (Ben back and raiders D)

Jets D

... fill rest of lineup with studs.

They finally reached a price I wont pay for Gurley. Not sure how I feel about that. All the cheap options mentioned already should ease my sorrow though.

Scoresman said:
mrip541 said:
I might be buying all of the D. Williams this week.
It's tempting but the Raiders D is really good against the run. He should get the volume though.
Now that I've looked at the numbers ... ouch. RBs doing absolutely nothing against the raiders.

manziel starting Thursday

8:25 PM EST : Cleveland ( 10.5 ) at Cincinnati ( -10.5 ) —- T: 46

Cinci defense looking real good

This is the week to post some small $ h2hs. The new entry limit should keep the 20k win guys from snatching them all up. It should also keep them out of the huge $1 and $2 gpps and double ups.

First crack at a Sun-Mon cash lineup. 144.2 points according to MT's current IVR:

Brady

Freeman

McFadden

Jeffrey

Crabtree

Steve Johnson

Gates

Gost

Jets

Will likely pull one of the Chargers.

I'm playing all Thursday-Monday cash lineups this week. The Thursday game itself is nothing special and there's an edge you get from the people who will roster all Browns and Bengals that does not exist in the Sun-Mon slate. I may or may not roster Hill, but that's about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
mrip541 said:
I might be buying all of the D. Williams this week.
Only thing keeping me from D Williams is that I think Bryant, Brown, and Heath Miller could all get passing TD's. Or not, who knows, but I think Big Ben gets on track this week.

This is the week to post some small $ h2hs. The new entry limit should keep the 20k win guys from snatching them all up. It should also keep them out of the huge $1 and $2 gpps and double ups.
Been busy. What new guidelines were put into place? Preemptive move to clean this up prior to more government inspection?

Just curious what limits were put down on the pros, as Fan Duel has dramatically cut their smaller entry fee GPP this year

Been busy. What new guidelines were put into place? Preemptive move to clean this up prior to more government inspection?Just curious what limits were put down on the pros, as Fan Duel has dramatically cut their smaller entry fee GPP this year
Sliced $10 and under entry limit to 500 for NFL and 250 for all others. Thinking is that it will limit the high-volume players from dominating the volume of play at those levels.

Been busy. What new guidelines were put into place? Preemptive move to clean this up prior to more government inspection?

Just curious what limits were put down on the pros, as Fan Duel has dramatically cut their smaller entry fee GPP this year
This was the announcement:

FanDuel will introduce a code-enforced limit on Sunday night of 500 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for NFL and 250 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for each other sport. Because Monday’s NFL contests are already posted, some players may exceed these limits prior to this time.

It seems like so many games that it wouldn't make a difference, but guys were blasting all the low gpps with 100 lineups per contest and taking up hundreds and hundreds of h2hs. Epic tears on Rotogrinders.

edit - above post beat me by a few sec...

James Daulton said:
WTF is Carr still so cheap? Because he's flying east to play Pitt?
:goodposting: Carr has been doing well.. after last weeks great showing vs. The Jets I thought for sure vs. Pitt his price would rise quite a bit. Plan on starting a few lineups with him.

Ok shaking off about $100 in losses last week...

Thurs Cash

Brady

Freeman

DMC

A Jeffery

M Crabtree

S Johnson

A Gates

Gost

NYJ

I am not sure I love having both Crabtree and Johnson or that I have both Johnson and Gates. I could come down from Freeman and upgrade Johnson or go cheaper at K to Nugent and upgrade to Olsen at TE.

Been busy. What new guidelines were put into place? Preemptive move to clean this up prior to more government inspection?Just curious what limits were put down on the pros, as Fan Duel has dramatically cut their smaller entry fee GPP this year

FanDuel will introduce a code-enforced limit on Sunday night of 500 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for NFL and 250 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for each other sport. Because Mondays NFL contests are already posted, some players may exceed these limits prior to this time.

It seems like so many games that it wouldn't make a difference, but guys were blasting all the low gpps with 100 lineups per contest and taking up hundreds and hundreds of h2hs. Epic tears on Rotogrinders.

Thanks guys

Paying member here for years and been at Rotogrinders the last 2 years. Given the volume of mutual back patting their "pros" give one another, I don't know how they find time to run their website at RG.

Thank God for the humility here. I've given up reading anything in the RG threads. Former Soviet Union and KGB think their policing and control of messaging is "too aggressive"

Glad to see Fan Duel doing something for the 90% of people using the site

FanDuel will introduce a code-enforced limit on Sunday night of 500 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for NFL and 250 entries per game schedule at $10 and below for each other sport. Because Mondays NFL contests are already posted, some players may exceed these limits prior to this time.

Thanks guysPaying member here for years and been at Rotogrinders the last 2 years. Given the volume of mutual back patting their "pros" give one another, I don't know how they find time to run their website at RG.

Thank God for the humility here. I've given up reading anything in the RG threads. Former Soviet Union and KGB think their policing and control of messaging is "too aggressive"

Glad to see Fan Duel doing something for the 90% of people using the site
I suspect the hope is that the high volume guys continue to enter trains in the low dollar GPPs and sacrifice the play in H2H and multiplier plays.

I agree Tennessee. I would expect them to use their 500 low stakes entry's on the tournaments and not 'waste' it with $1 h2hs. I haven't gone and looked at the h2h postings yet to verify though

I agree Tennessee. I would expect them to use their 500 low stakes entry's on the tournaments and not 'waste' it with $1 h2hs. I haven't gone and looked at the h2h postings yet to verify though
If they wanted to stop them from loading up on the GPPs, they could cap those at 100 entries (or a lower number for that matter). Honestly, I think it's better for the small stakes player for them to take this approach though. Throwing darts at a big GPP is such a low percentage play anyway that high-volume guys having 500 entries really doesn't matter much to the low-volume player as a practical matter. Gobbling-up those H2H, 50/50, and Double-ups spots has a larger negative impact on the low-volume guys IMO and has worse optics.

The guys who took my $1 and $2 h2hs so far this week have around around 0-100 wins, with 1 guy over 1k. ymmv.

If they wanted to stop them from loading up on the GPPs, they could cap those at 100 entries (or a lower number for that matter). Honestly, I think it's better for the small stakes player for them to take this approach though. Throwing darts at a big GPP is such a low percentage play anyway that high-volume guys having 500 entries really doesn't matter much to the low-volume player as a practical matter. Gobbling-up those H2H, 50/50, and Double-ups spots has a larger negative impact on the low-volume guys IMO and has worse optics.
I agree. Personally Id rather see it $5 and below than $10, casual guys shouldnt be playing above $5 anyway, but setting up the system to reward pros that target low stakes casual users isnt in anyones long term best interest.

Well I've come to a decision. My goal is to get into the top 250 of a large GPP at least once. It is hard enough statistically to do that, so I'm just gonna throw Gronk into every GPP line-up from here on out, so that eliminates TE-making decisions for me. Lol.

Anyone know why 4pm slate isn't posted?

Edit: Support says no later than tomorrow afternoon.

Initial Pass for Thursdays (also would work with Sunday-Monday lineups):

Carr

Gurley

Woodhead

Antonio Brown

Jeffery

Crabtree

Olsen

Janikowski (other K)

Jets

I built the lineup below that is $8,400 below the cap that I legitimately think can place in a 50/50. I may throw $1 at it just to see.

Jameis Winston
Danny Woodhead
Deangelo Williams
Eric Decker
Michael Crabtree
Steve Johnson
Delanie Walker
Josh Lambo
New York Jets

JFS171 said:

Carr

Gurley

Woodhead

Antonio Brown

Jeffery

Crabtree

Olsen

Janikowski (other K)

Jets
Woodhead isnt a safe cash RB anymore IMO. The Chargers running back usage is seemingly random. Theyll use one running back on every snap for 3 drives, then swap into another for the next drive, then use the third on the next two. Hes not reliably even the third down back anymore, Oliver is on the field for those situations atleast as often. Last week that showed in his stat line, but it was the exact same situation the week before with his great numbers. Prior to about 3 minutes in the game Woodhead was at about about 5 fantasy points. Oliver was on the field for well over a quarter straight, obviously that makes no sense, Woodhead is the significantly better football player, but rational coaching has been an alien concept in San Diego since the 1980s. Then at the very end of the game they bring Woodhead back in the game and magically he explodes for like 20 points in 2 minutes.

Theres a running joke in my home league that I have man crush on Danny Woodhead, Ive refered to him as "The Fantasy Superstar Danny Woodhead" for years. But I wouldnt put money at risk that the Chargers will use him correctly right now.

JFS171 said:

Carr

Gurley

Woodhead

Antonio Brown

Jeffery

Crabtree

Olsen

Janikowski (other K)

Jets
Woodhead isnt a safe cash RB anymore IMO. The Chargers running back usage is seemingly random. Theyll use one running back on every snap for 3 drives, then swap into another for the next drive, then use the third on the next two. Hes not reliably even the third down back anymore, Oliver is on the field for those situations atleast as often. Last week that showed in his stat line, but it was the exact same situation the week before with his great numbers. Prior to about 3 minutes in the game Woodhead was at about about 5 fantasy points. Oliver was on the field for well over a quarter straight, obviously that makes no sense, Woodhead is the significantly better football player, but rational coaching has been an alien concept in San Diego since the 1980s. Then at the very end of the game they bring Woodhead back in the game and magically he explodes for like 20 points in 2 minutes.

Theres a running joke in my home league that I have man crush on Danny Woodhead, Ive refered to him as "The Fantasy Superstar Danny Woodhead" for years. But I wouldnt put money at risk that the Chargers will use him correctly right now.
Well Oliver is on IR, so he's not stealing snaps anymore... and the Chargers just lost one of their best passing game weapons in Allen for the year. My guess is Gates and Woodhead are the constants in that passing game moving forward. I know everyone wants to jump to Stevie Johnson, but I personally need to see it first. Woodhead fills the possession gap with Gates, IMO, while Floyd continues to run deep and Johnson takes whatever's left over.

I agree with everything youre saying. Thats how you, me, and everyone whos ever watched a game of football in their life will look at the situation. Then theres the Chargers.

He may go back the consistent 10-15 points he was scoring in years past, I hope he does, but theres just as good a chance they recognize their season is over and keep letting Melvin Gordon pound away for his 2 YPC as many as 30 times a game "just to know what they have."

Looking over the slate this week, some really obvious plays seem to jump out at you...

QB - Tyrod Taylor ($7200) and Carr ($7,000):

Taylor comes back against a Miami defense playing much better, but still not elite. They allow the 13th most fantasy points to QBs in the league. Taylor's running ability gives his floor a nice boost as well. Carr's also got a good matchup, but remember this Pittsburgh D just shut down Dalton and the high flying Bengals. Pittsburgh's been much better of late, though Crabtree and Cooper give Carr nice weapons to work with, and he just destroyed the Jets stiff passing D

RB - Gurley ($9,000), Freeman ($8,900), Martin ($7,100), Hill ($6,800), McFadden ($6,500), Langford ($6,400), Woodhead ($6,000):

Gurley's a beast, and he's almost in the category for me of "bet against at your own risk." Minnesota isn't the greatest matchup, as the Vikings give up the 5th least points to RBs in the league... but Gurley is just a different animal IMO. Minny keeping the game close and ensuring Gurley gets 20+ touches may actually be a benefit. Freemanmay be the better value, though. He gets a great matchup where there's likely plenty of garbage time. The 49ers are about to roll over, starting Blaine Gabbert. Freeman should easily get 20+ touches against a team allowing the third most points to RBs in the league. Martin's coming off a stretch of great games as well, and now gets the Giants, allowing the 9th most points to RBs in the league. The Browns are an awful run D as well, allowing the second most points to RBs. Hill dominated the workload last week in a game that seemed to suit Gio a little better. Hill's a little riskier given Gio's presence, but I'd bet he scores at least once if not multiple times. McFadden is the true feature back for Dallas, and Dez is back. While Cassel is still an awful QB, that OL has been playing well, and McFadden is catching a ton of passes. 25 touches against anyone leads to value, and while the Eagles aren't slouches on defense, McFadden just dropped 113 total yards on Seattle, catching 6 passes in the process. The Bears are now saying Langford can be a feature back, and the Chargers happen to be the worst run defense in the league... if he gets 20+ touches, he should easily return value. I discussed Woodhead at length in an earlier post, but he would seem to be the easiest solution to their passing game losses, Oliver is now out of the picture completely, and Gordon's probably a fumble away from the doghouse again.

I'll add my thoughts on WRs and TEs later...

K - I generally go cheap, but that's my personal perspective. Gould ($4,600), Janikowski ($4,500), and Boswell ($4,500) seem like great options

DST - Falcons ($4,900), Jets ($4,700) -- Falcons get to play against Blaine Gabbert and some RBs just signed off the street. Giddy up. The Jets come home to face the Jags after being embarrassed in Oakland last week. Something tells me they step up big time.

Talk about a statistical outlier. Chicago is generally terrible vs. the pass, but they rank 2nd in DVOA against receiving RBs according to FO. Is this enough of a reason to fade Woodhead? I dont watch Chicago Bears games.

Looking over the slate this week, some really obvious plays seem to jump out at you...

QB - Tyrod Taylor ($7200) and Carr ($7,000):

Taylor comes back against a Miami defense playing much better, but still not elite. They allow the 13th most fantasy points to QBs in the league. Taylor's running ability gives his floor a nice boost as well. Carr's also got a good matchup, but remember this Pittsburgh D just shut down Dalton and the high flying Bengals. Pittsburgh's been much better of late, though Crabtree and Cooper give Carr nice weapons to work with, and he just destroyed the Jets stiff passing D

RB - Gurley ($9,000), Freeman ($8,900), Martin ($7,100), Hill ($6,800), McFadden ($6,500), Langford ($6,400), Woodhead ($6,000):

Gurley's a beast, and he's almost in the category for me of "bet against at your own risk." Minnesota isn't the greatest matchup, as the Vikings give up the 5th least points to RBs in the league... but Gurley is just a different animal IMO. Minny keeping the game close and ensuring Gurley gets 20+ touches may actually be a benefit. Freemanmay be the better value, though. He gets a great matchup where there's likely plenty of garbage time. The 49ers are about to roll over, starting Blaine Gabbert. Freeman should easily get 20+ touches against a team allowing the third most points to RBs in the league. Martin's coming off a stretch of great games as well, and now gets the Giants, allowing the 9th most points to RBs in the league. The Browns are an awful run D as well, allowing the second most points to RBs. Hill dominated the workload last week in a game that seemed to suit Gio a little better. Hill's a little riskier given Gio's presence, but I'd bet he scores at least once if not multiple times. McFadden is the true feature back for Dallas, and Dez is back. While Cassel is still an awful QB, that OL has been playing well, and McFadden is catching a ton of passes. 25 touches against anyone leads to value, and while the Eagles aren't slouches on defense, McFadden just dropped 113 total yards on Seattle, catching 6 passes in the process. The Bears are now saying Langford can be a feature back, and the Chargers happen to be the worst run defense in the league... if he gets 20+ touches, he should easily return value. I discussed Woodhead at length in an earlier post, but he would seem to be the easiest solution to their passing game losses, Oliver is now out of the picture completely, and Gordon's probably a fumble away from the doghouse again.

I'll add my thoughts on WRs and TEs later...

K - I generally go cheap, but that's my personal perspective. Gould ($4,600), Janikowski ($4,500), and Boswell ($4,500) seem like great options

DST - Falcons ($4,900), Jets ($4,700) -- Falcons get to play against Blaine Gabbert and some RBs just signed off the street. Giddy up. The Jets come home to face the Jags after being embarrassed in Oakland last week. Something tells me they step up big time.
At RB I forgot a very obvious Mark Ingram ($7,700) -- that's a likely steal for a guy that's been a rock solid RB1 all year. His floor has been 8.4 points, and he's averaging 15.6 per game. Now Khiry is out for the year, and Tim Hightower is the only other big back on the roster. In a game NO should dominate, Ingram should see 20-25 touches and a very likely goal line plunge. His average covers his cost, and now game script and goal line production are both trending in his favor.

Talk about a statistical outlier. Chicago is generally terrible vs. the pass, but they rank 2nd in DVOA against receiving RBs according to FO. Is this enough of a reason to fade Woodhead? I dont watch Chicago Bears games.
Watching the Ravens/Charges game last week, Woodhead was hardly on the field. As others have mentioned, maybe he's getting phased out.

WR - Brown ($8,700), Edelman ($8,000), Jeffery ($7,900), Cooper ($7,300), Decker ($6,300), Crabtree ($5,800):

Oakland's been surprisingly stout against the run this year, so the game doesn't line up especially well for DeAngelo Williams. That said, Roethlisberger and the passing game should start to feast against a pretty woeful Raiders secondary. I'm somewhat expecting a shootout as Oakland can move the ball as well. Roethlisberger came out last week looking Brown's way early and often. The Bengals weren't putting up any points, and Bell was getting chunk yardage on the ground -- thus the volume was limited. I think Pittsburgh uses the passing game this week, and Brown's among the top WR plays at slightly less than elite $$. Edelman is such a huge part of the Patriots passing game that he's hard to fade at his $8K price. Vegas is betting on a huge number from the Pats, and while there's likely a lot of garbage time, Edelman is usually a huge part of getting them to garbage time. He's also a high floor option given such volume, but lately has been finding the end zone as well. Jeffery's played 3 games this year, getting 11, 11, and 15 targets. He has no fewer than 5 receptions in a game (his first game back), no fewer than 78 receiving yards (also first game back), and has scored in the past 2 weeks. Cutler looks at him all the time, and throws to him regardless of the coverage. Jeffery feels like a gift at $7,900. Cooper and Crabtree both offer interesting upside in a game I expect Pittsburgh to lead. Cooper is now off of Revis Island, and gets the same secondary AJ Green just torched. Crabtree is getting more volume than Cooper, however, and has just as good a matchup. At his price, he's probably the better buy. Decker at $6,300 is still dirt cheap... just make sure he'll have someone to throw the ball to him before locking him in. Still, he's a great price for the production you can usually bank on.

TE - Gronk ($8,500), Olsen ($6,400), Gates ($6,000), Eifert ($5,800), Reed ($5,700):

Gronk is Gronk. He's put up 20+ points the past two weeks. The tricky part with Gronk (and Edelman too) is knowing which one will get the volume as they build the lead. Eventually the foot will come off the gas in this game, assuming they flame Washington as everyone expects. Given the much cheaper other options, I'm likely to bet on Edelman for my piece of the Patriots offense and turn elsewhere at TE. Olsen is Carolina's possession receiver, keeps making tough catches, and keeps dominating targets. they're likely going to have to pass more in a tight one with GB (though I wouldn't bet against the Carolina D keeping this one close). Opposing Ds should also be focusing on Olsen as very few other receivers on Carolina can truly hurt them. Gates at $6,000 feels like the play of the week, assuming he's healthy and practices as we'd expect this week. From reports I read, he was moving around pretty well in the Baltimore game, and with no Keenan Allen, Gates is the primary read on nearly everything. If he starts seeing Allen's 15+ targets per game, he should easily return positive value on that $6K price tag. Eifert was kind of a dud last week, but the whole Bengals offense stunk up the joint. He's usually the red zone weapon of choice, and is a likely bet to score Thursday night. He was still targeted 8 times against Pittsburgh, but Cinci didn't sustain any drives, limiting the volume. Still, Cleveland is middle of the pack vs. TEs, and I expect Cinci to build a big lead, then get Hill on track grinding the clock. Eifert should get his while building that cushion. Last we saw of Reed he was throwing down with 11 receptions for 72 yards and 2 TDs. He's almost always the leading receiver for the Redskins when healthy, but the Patriots have been hard on opposing TEs, and this could be a game where the Redskins barely move the ball. I think Reed's floor is solid and he likely returns value, but the ceiling isn't there this week, despite game script that should be in his favor. Those Patriots LBs can really play.

Watching the Ravens/Charges game last week, Woodhead was hardly on the field. As others have mentioned, maybe he's getting phased out.
According to the snap counts from Football Outsiders, Woodhead played 25 snaps to Gordon's 34. Oliver had 8 snaps, the majority of which now likely go to Woodhead.

If the Chargers are leading, Gordon's likely going to lead them in snaps and touches (unless/until he fumbles or makes a major error). Woodhead will get the rest. IMO Woodhead's floor is still solid, especially with the loss of Allen. His ceiling is dependent on game flow and Gordon's miscues.

According to the snap counts from Football Outsiders, Woodhead played 25 snaps to Gordon's 34. Oliver had 8 snaps, the majority of which now likely go to Woodhead.

If the Chargers are leading, Gordon's likely going to lead them in snaps and touches (unless/until he fumbles or makes a major error). Woodhead will get the rest. IMO Woodhead's floor is still solid, especially with the loss of Allen. His ceiling is dependent on game flow and Gordon's miscues.
25 snaps and 5 touches. He was in there mainly to block even though the Ravens pass rush sucks. Regardless, just food for thought. Gordon was the one who seemed to dominate the touches from the HB position.

It was more of a funny. I get what you are trying to do. I just don't know if he as the ability to get garbage points. My gut is there will be more garbage points for Kurt Cousins, of course at a higher price tag. Although I am as John Lee says, "he is just bad at the game of football" (fantasy, that is). I am very bad.

Incompletions and interceptions arent worth any points even in garbage time.
True, and Ive been consistently off of these under priced QBs. I just get the feeling alot of these guys are going to come out hungry, and their pride will show through even that much awful now that Kaepernick is out of their way. For Gabbert that could be a ceiling of like 225 yards and 2 touchdowns, but they could be down by 30 at the half and the Falcon defense isnt that good yet.

Has anyone done the CBS double-up on FD? It's like the FBG contest. I'm wondering (1) how high the cutlines have generally been in relation to "regular" double ups and (2) how easy are tickets to get.

Any info would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread