What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oregon Militia Takeover - Ammon Bundy arrested (2 Viewers)

When the whackos on the fring left had their Occupy Wall Street groups all over the country taking over city parks across the country, did the government violently respond or did they wait for months while those idiots stunk up the cities? Seems like the actually closest analogy to this situation then the utterly ridiculous strawmen being put out by a few deranged posters.
You literally have no idea what you are talking about w/r/t Occupy. Please do not equate the two.

When the whackos on the fring left had their Occupy Wall Street groups all over the country taking over city parks across the country, did the government violently respond or did they wait for months while those idiots stunk up the cities? Seems like the actually closest analogy to this situation then the utterly ridiculous strawmen being put out by a few deranged posters.
You literally have no idea what you are talking about w/r/t Occupy. Please do not equate the two.
You're right. Nobody has been shot in Oregon yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hundreds of people haven't been arrested either.

A real shame.

This is what we're going with? One person was shot in an OWSt demonstration, so the two are equal?

Non-violent protest means that you're willing to be arrested to make a point. You go into it expecting to pay the price for your crime.

Bringing a small army's worth of weapons and threatening to kill anyone who tries to stop you isn't the same thing. HTH

This is what we're going with? One person was shot in an OWSt demonstration, so the two are equal?

Non-violent protest means that you're willing to be arrested to make a point. You go into it expecting to pay the price for your crime.

Bringing a small army's worth of weapons and threatening to kill anyone who tries to stop you isn't the same thing. HTH
A few people were shot in the camps. I think only one died from their wounds though.I imagine there will be arrests here, but like OWS I doubt it will be anywhere near the majority (unless it escalates somehow). OWS was allowed to illegally takeover large public areas for months. I don't see why this should be any different. These guys are in the middle of nowhere. It's not like they have a tent city in Central Park.

Obviously I hope it remains non-violent. I wasn't wishing drone strikes or shootouts in the OWS camps either. There's no reason for it. Let them protest.

Have threats like this been made? I'm asking because I don't know.
They said they would defend themselves if attacked.

You literally have no idea what you are talking about.
Same as day 1.

A few people were shot in the camps. I think only one died from their wounds though.I imagine there will be arrests here, but like OWS I doubt it will be anywhere near the majority (unless it escalates somehow). OWS was allowed to illegally takeover large public areas for months. I don't see why this should be any different. These guys are in the middle of nowhere. It's not like they have a tent city in Central Park.

Obviously I hope it remains non-violent. I wasn't wishing drone strikes or shootouts in the OWS camps either. There's no reason for it. Let them protest.
But they're looking through monoculars in a tower!!!

Can you give us a link to the OWS shootings? I did a quick google search and the only thing I found was a shooting at/near the Oakland protest site that was not related to the protests.

I love reading the facebook comments from all the poor hillbillies who really want to come up and join in the fight, but are too strapped for cash to make it. But they really wish them good luck and want them know that the lord is on their side and they will be praying for them.

"I really want to overthrow this tyrannical government, but I need to keep my 7 dollar an hour job to make ends meet!"

Can you give us a link to the OWS shootings? I did a quick google search and the only thing I found was a shooting at/near the Oakland protest site that was not related to the protests.
http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/officials-move-break-occupy-protests-deaths-days-article-1.976605

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/national/officials-move-break-occupy-protests-deaths-days-article-1.976605
Thanks. Looks like the one I knew about and one suicide.

Thanks. Looks like the one I knew about and one suicide.
The camps here in the Bay Area were eventually shut down because they became unsafe, not because protestors were illegally occupying the land.

I love reading the facebook comments from all the poor hillbillies who really want to come up and join in the fight, but are too strapped for cash to make it. But they really wish them good luck and want them know that the lord is on their side and they will be praying for them.

"I really want to overthrow this tyrannical government, but I need to keep my 7 dollar an hour job to make ends meet!"
:lmao:

:goodposting:

Plus the shooting was unrelated to the OWS protests.

Details, shmetails.

Taking over a federal building armed with a gun is most definitely illegal.
Actually it's only illegal, from a firearms perspective, if they take the weapons inside the building (Source : TITLE 18 > PART I CHAPTER 44 § 930) . Otherwise the firearms themselves are of no consequence in this example.
These guys would sooner leave their ittybitty manhood outside than leave their guns outside. If they are in the building, their guns are in there with them. They probably sleep, eat, poop, and have sex while holding them. The federal law has zero meaning to these yahoos.

These guys are radicals and will not win but do not mistake that millions of gun owning Americans are in the same book but not the same page as these protesters.

While the vast majority would not go to the extent that these guys have gone they mostly all share the same sentiment and although not for this protest would eventually show their disdain for the way this government has taken them.

We luckily only have one more year of this dark cloud hanging over us, so I don't think we will see it in my lifetime but it could eventually happen. Every empire dies and so will this one. It could be an interesting death roll.
I think this is what background checks are for... can't have people like this getting guns willy nilly.
You would be waaaaay too late on me, not to mention I have passed numerous background checks already. Like most on this thread you have no idea on what you are talking about in all reality.
Exactly why we have to fix the background check process.

they won't be on the OWS level until they set up the rape tents

Not sure why that's funny. :confused:

:goodposting: Plus the shooting was unrelated to the OWS protests.

Details, shmetails.
Not related? The shooter and the victim were both from the OWS camp. The shooting and the rapes were what led to the whole thing being shut down.

If the protestors in Oregon started shooting each other would you claim it's unrelated to the protest? I sure wouldn't.

They support the protestors but can't afford to travel and support them physically. I think it's basically a shot at poor people.

the guy (singular) wasn't shot because he was protesting. by all accounts, it wasn't a protester who did the shooting. As I recall it, it was simply a shooting at the protest. Random violence completely unrelated to the cause.

silly to suggest otherwise.

:goodpost:

:goodposting: Plus the shooting was unrelated to the OWS protests.

Details, shmetails.
Not related? The shooter and the victim were both from the OWS camp. The shooting and the rapes were what led to the whole thing being shut down.

If the protestors in Oregon started shooting each other would you claim it's unrelated to the protest? I sure wouldn't.
You really have your facts mixed up here, or you simply can't process them. Your own link proves your original statement incorrect, that's pretty poor support of your narrative.

the guy (singular) wasn't shot because he was protesting. by all accounts, it wasn't a protester who did the shooting. As I recall it, it was simply a shooting at the protest. Random violence completely unrelated to the cause.silly to suggest otherwise.
A guy that lived at the OWS camp was shot by a guy visiting the OWS camp, just outside the OWS camp. This incident, along with the rapes in the OWS camp, led to the OWS camp being shut down. Yet somehow none of this violence has anything to do with the OWS camp?

the guy (singular) wasn't shot because he was protesting. by all accounts, it wasn't a protester who did the shooting. As I recall it, it was simply a shooting at the protest. Random violence completely unrelated to the cause.silly to suggest otherwise.
A guy that lived at the OWS camp was shot by a guy visiting the OWS camp, just outside the OWS camp. This incident, along with the rapes in the OWS camp, led to the OWS camp being shut down. Yet somehow none of this violence has anything to do with the OWS camp?
I now feel compelled to do this in response to your posts:

sorry, just caint not do it

This is all becoming a bit clearer now.

This is all becoming a bit clearer now.

They support the protestors but can't afford to travel and support them physically. I think it's basically a shot at poor people.
Yep. It's poor people that I am making fun of.

Yep. It's poor people that I am making fun of.
Whatever floats your boat.

Why are we talking about OWS?
Because when for some bizarre reason your poltics inspire you to defend something that is indefensible, the only option is a poo-flinging "the other side did bad stuff too!!!" argument.
Indefensible? I don't think protests like these are bad. They are an important part of a free society. I think it's good that we allow flexibility.
Yes, I've seen your posts in defense of the armed criminals who are occupying a federal building and demanding that the government give them free stuff. You should consider it a compliment that I'm assuming you're just fishing and not serious.

Because when for some bizarre reason your poltics inspire you to defend something that is indefensible, the only option is a poo-flinging "the other side did bad stuff too!!!" argument.
Indefensible? I don't think protests like these are bad. They are an important part of a free society. I think it's good that we allow flexibility.
Yes, I've seen your posts in defense of the armed criminals who are occupying a federal building and demanding that the government give them free stuff. You should consider it a compliment that I'm assuming you're just fishing and not serious.

I don't have a problem with non-violent protests as long as they stay non-violent. If we shut down every protest that illegally occupied government land/buildings there wouldn't be a whole lot of protesting anymore.

Obviously, there are those that take offense to the fact that some of these guys are armed. I don't. Not unless they actually engage in violence. Having a gun isn't violent.

I am sure if we comb through the OWS and BLM threads we will find equal zeal regarding the rights of protestors from jonessed.

I'm late to this latest debate but having a gun and threatening people, saying you are ready to die for your cause, etc is pretty violent.

I believe that has happened with these guys.

I'm in the camp where you let these dorks camp out, and arrest them later.

I am sure if we comb through the OWS and BLM threads we will find equal zeal regarding the rights of protestors from jonessed.
You can always look. Some of the things they did certainly irritated me, especially the violence. BLM did some pretty unsafe things as well, like shutting down the freeway and pushing there way around active mass transit stations. They had a much bigger impact on me.

I actually think OWS was given too much slack in that they stayed in city centers occupying widely used public land for months. I think they should have been removed earlier. These guys may have to be moved out eventually, but we are a long way from that.

I don't have a problem with non-violent protests as long as they stay non-violent. If we shut down every protest that illegally occupied government land/buildings there wouldn't be a whole lot of protesting anymore.

Obviously, there are those that take offense to the fact that some of these guys are armed. I don't. Not unless they actually engage in violence. Having a gun isn't violent.
Nobody "takes offense" to them being armed. They just have enough common sense to know that when you have a gun and threaten to use it to defend your illegal activity, you are in fact doing something far different from peaceful protest. As do you, I hope. Although this is good shtick. "It wasn't armed robbery, your honor. I simply asked for some money while holding a gun and threatening to use it if I didn't get what I wanted. More of a loan, really."

they won't be on the OWS level until they set up the rape tents

:lmao: I don't have a problem with non-violent protests as long as they stay non-violent. If we shut down every protest that illegally occupied government land/buildings there wouldn't be a whole lot of protesting anymore.

Nobody "takes offense" to them being armed. They just have enough common sense to know that when you have a gun and threaten to use it to defend your illegal activity, you are in fact doing something far different from peaceful protest. As do you, I hope. Although this is good shtick. "It wasn't armed robbery, your honor. I simply asked for some money while holding a gun and threatening to use it if I didn't get what I wanted. More of a loan, really."
They have yet to do anything violent. They aren't rioting or looting or shooting each other. We'll see what happens once the FBI starts talking to with them.

Users who are viewing this thread