What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oregon Militia Takeover - Ammon Bundy arrested (2 Viewers)

If they have video, why are they not releasing it to stop this "Finicum was murdered" bs?
They said at the presser that they were going to take their time with this investigation. I don't know how long that's supposed to be, but I can't imagine they will rush to show the video if there is a clear one available.

If they have video, why are they not releasing it to stop this "Finicum was murdered" bs?
Recent political history shows you can win in impressive fashion by sitting back and not doing what the nutcases want you to do... at least for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Joe Summer said:
Authorities say LaVoy Finicum reached for handgun in his waistband

On the radio this morning, I heard an interview with a reporter who claims that the FBI showed him video footage of the shooting, and the reporter confirmed that Finicum was reaching for his waistband. Hmm.
FBI releases video of LaVoy Finicum shooting

Dude reaches for his waistband TWICE.

Everyone who supported the lie that Finicum was surrendering can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Credibility = lost.

Joe Summer said:

On the radio this morning, I heard an interview with a reporter who claims that the FBI showed him video footage of the shooting, and the reporter confirmed that Finicum was reaching for his waistband. Hmm.

Everyone who supported the lie that Finicum was surrendering can go to hell as far as I'm concerned. Credibility = lost.
Seems pretty clear the dude was reaching or put his hand down in a manner that was threatening.

Since there is no sound and we are obviously at a distance, the only plausible explanation that I can conjure up to defend Finicum would be if he was shot when his hands were up and him getting hit caused his hands to come down and appear to be grabbing a gun.

Heck I see what might be 3 or 4 downward movements of the hands. The only other thing that would give me pause was that he came out with his hands up immediately upon exiting the vehicle so I am really curious to know exactly what happened between that point and when the first agent at the bottom of the screen (not the guy in the trees) approaches him.

Joe Summer said:

What I saw. (Includes some speculation)

The white vehicle fled from a traffic stop. It drove at a high rate of speed towards a road block. Some of the vehicles at the road block appeared to have emergency services lights. I could not see if the vehicles at the road block had additional markings or insignia identifying them as law enforcement. The white vehicle tried to run the road block at a high rate of speed by going into the snow bank and right towards a person. It is unclear if the vehicle hit the person or not, though it certainly was in close proximity under circumstances where steering was severely compromised. The person did appear ambulatory immediately after.

A person exited the driver's side of the vehicle and fled on foot away from the persons apparent at the road block. Approximately 30 to 35 feet from the vehicle the person who exited the vehicle turned from fleeing the majority of the persons at the road block. He allowed his hands to move from the position they were in towards his waistband. A person apparently dressed like the majority of the persons at each road block came out of the woods. It appears, though this is supposition that the fleeing man must have seen him and that is why he stopped moving in that direction. When the fleeing person's hands went towards his waistband the person emerging from the woods, and one from the road block each took a posture for shooting a handgun. The fleeing person was felled in a direction away from the person in the woods. The fleeing person did not exhibit much movement. From the direction of his fall I would speculate that the fleeing person was shot by the person emerging from the woods.

Pretty area of the country from that video.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are four dudes left. Everyone else bailed.
Apparently they just want to go home but are worried about being arrested.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sej-oregon-standoff-final-5-20160128-story.html
Can you imagine if G-Dubs and the other American Revolutionaries just tried to go home immediately after the first guy caught a hot one?

They don't make 'em like they used to.
"Sir, the Regulars opened fire on the militia at Lexington. 8 men will killed!"

"Ah, #### it."

There are four dudes left. Everyone else bailed.
Apparently they just want to go home but are worried about being arrested.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-sej-oregon-standoff-final-5-20160128-story.html
Can you imagine if G-Dubs and the other American Revolutionaries just tried to go home immediately after the first guy caught a hot one?

They don't make 'em like they used to.
"Sir, the Regulars opened fire on the militia at Lexington. 8 men will killed!"

"Ah, #### it."
"What was it? One by land two by sea?"

"Shut up and hit this bong"

BigSteelThrill said:
I was expecting a punchline.

Was that filmed at the refuge? What are they doing with the backhoe?
Building up their defenses.
Maybe my question should have been how? Was the backhoe already on the refuge, or did they let them bring it in?
I don't know. It's been there throughout the occupation.

Users who are viewing this thread