What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (11 Viewers)

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

Adrian Peterson allegedly said in an interview that he still beat his kid with a belt.  I can see the image conscious NFL suspending him again.  It would just be something else to happen this year.  I’m not judging him for his parenting but dang dude at least keep quiet about it.
Yea after the last incident he should have  kept that to himself.  But unless he was really excessive NFL should stay out of how people parent their kids.

but i could totally see them suspending him again.  🙁

Yea after the last incident he should have  kept that to himself.  But unless he was really excessive NFL should stay out of how people parent their kids.

but i could totally see them suspending him again.  🙁
I agree they should let him raise his kids as he sees fit as long as he’s not charged BUT NFL makes decisions based on PR and that’s what worries me...

Tell Bibbs and Maxwell to get ready...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/11/21/adrian-peterson-admits-he-still-hits-his-son-with-a-belt/

Adrian Peterson allegedly said in an interview that he still beat his kid with a belt.  I can see the image conscious NFL suspending him again.  It would just be something else to happen this year.  I’m not judging him for his parenting but dang dude at least keep quiet about it.
"Still spankin' after all these years"

/ADP

Hitting your kid ain't parenting, it's failure of parenting

Suspend his ###.

PS I write this from a place where hitting your kids has been illegal since Adrian Peterson was born.

Last edited by a moderator:
Short week really hurt here.  I didn’t like the play calling either.  On the plus side i like what the wrs are showing now.  Doctson is  getting better and Quinn was game.

Two things that drove me crazy Thursday:

1. Down 13-17 with 3:13 to go in the third quarter and it was 4th and 6 from the Dallas 38. And Gruden decides to punt. A punt instead of trying to pick up the first or kicking a 56 yard FG. A good punt by Way had Dallas at their 9, but then Cooper broke off his 90 yard TD. 

2. While in the midst of the slowest hurry up offense in the world, Dallas did us favor as they had to stop the clock for an injury. Gruden knew, or should have known, that the clock would start running when the refs blew the whistle. Yet the offense still wasn’t ready to snap the ball and way too many seconds ticked off before the snap (which was a sack and then the 2:00 warning). 

Two things that drove me crazy Thursday:

1. Down 13-17 with 3:13 to go in the third quarter and it was 4th and 6 from the Dallas 38. And Gruden decides to punt. A punt instead of trying to pick up the first or kicking a 56 yard FG. A good punt by Way had Dallas at their 9, but then Cooper broke off his 90 yard TD. 

2. While in the midst of the slowest hurry up offense in the world, Dallas did us favor as they had to stop the clock for an injury. Gruden knew, or should have known, that the clock would start running when the refs blew the whistle. Yet the offense still wasn’t ready to snap the ball and way too many seconds ticked off before the snap (which was a sack and then the 2:00 warning). 
The poor clock management stuff drives me up the wall no matter which team is making the colossal blunder(s) each week.

Kevin sheehan does an excellent rant on this topic every week or I should say he used to - which reminds me I need to checkout his podcast.

I checked out Kevin Sheehans podcast. Little weird to hear him cuss but its more or less the same show he had on 980. Cooley even does some of the shows.

The Redskins statement on claiming Foster is pretty disgusting IMO. Is there anybody that still believes when teams pretend that it's all about helping someone get their life together?

Ugh on claiming Foster. I've been a Washington fan since I was eight, but I really do find myself wondering what it is about the team I actually like anymore. Hate the owner, hate the nickname, and now let's add "lack of morality and common sense" to the hate pile.
It is definitely questionable, but I like this statement Doug Williams issued -

""Today we have claimed the rights to LB Reuben Foster. The Redskins fully understand the severity of the recent allegations made against Reuben. If true, you can be sure these allegations are nothing our organization would ever condone. Let me be clear, Reuben will have to go through numerous steps including the full legal process, an investigation and potential discipline from the NFL, as well as meetings with counselors associated with the team before he will ever have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold as a player.  That being said, we decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance. Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally."

Shameful. I’m for benefit of the doubt and innocent until guilty but three arrests and a suspension... you don’t get benefit of the doubt at that point. 

Shameful. I’m for benefit of the doubt and innocent until guilty but three arrests and a suspension... you don’t get benefit of the doubt at that point. 

I agree with you. The only reason I'm even giving this a slight chance is because half our defense came from Alabama and knows Foster. If any locker room has a chance to get him right and possibly turn his life around, it may be this one for that reason. Though, since I'm hoping this FO and coaching staff get blown up this offseason, I don't know what is really gonna end up happening here. 

Most likely the guy is an idiot, and a bad person. I hate the waiver claim and I'm glad he's going on the Commish Exempt list until legally it's all hashed out. But what I posted above is the only tiny silver lining, I guess. 

It is definitely questionable, but I like this statement Doug Williams issued -

""Today we have claimed the rights to LB Reuben Foster. The Redskins fully understand the severity of the recent allegations made against Reuben. If true, you can be sure these allegations are nothing our organization would ever condone. Let me be clear, Reuben will have to go through numerous steps including the full legal process, an investigation and potential discipline from the NFL, as well as meetings with counselors associated with the team before he will ever have the opportunity to wear the Burgundy and Gold as a player.  That being said, we decided to investigate the situation with Reuben further by claiming his rights after candid conversations with a number of his ex-Alabama teammates and current Redskins players who were overwhelmingly supportive of us taking this chance. Nothing is promised to Reuben, but we are hopeful being around so many of his former teammates and friends will eventually provide him with the best possible environment to succeed both personally and professionally."
I think someone needs to send Williams a dictionary with tabs on the entries for "condone" and "clear.'  Because they're definitely condoning his actions (it doesn't mean that you approve of something, only that you are willing to tolerate it), and there's nothing at all clear about what hurdles he needs to clear to join the team.  Will he be allowed to play if the "legal process" determines he's guilty?  Will the results of the NFL's investigation and discipline affect his status with the team?

Anyway, this team is the exact opposite of that famous Godfather III "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" bit.  Every time I get excited about the direction of the team and it's future, they do something new to turn me off.

So if you are running this team next year, don't you take a  WR and QB with at least 2 of your first 3 picks? 
The key is to have good drafts, so the key picks don't necessarily have to be in first 2 or 3 rounds.

It looks like the past draft may have been a pretty good one.  So give Doug Williams a chance to find more players.

I agree with you. The only reason I'm even giving this a slight chance is because half our defense came from Alabama and knows Foster. If any locker room has a chance to get him right and possibly turn his life around, it may be this one for that reason. Though, since I'm hoping this FO and coaching staff get blown up this offseason, I don't know what is really gonna end up happening here. 

Most likely the guy is an idiot, and a bad person. I hate the waiver claim and I'm glad he's going on the Commish Exempt list until legally it's all hashed out. But what I posted above is the only tiny silver lining, I guess. 
I don't have a huge problem with it, but the chances of Foster, but the chances of Foster ever playing for the Redskins is really remote unless they are willing to look the other way on his behavior.  There is also a chance Foster stays clean for a while, plays some for the Redskins, and then it all blows up.

I think someone needs to send Williams a dictionary with tabs on the entries for "condone" and "clear.'  Because they're definitely condoning his actions (it doesn't mean that you approve of something, only that you are willing to tolerate it), and there's nothing at all clear about what hurdles he needs to clear to join the team.  Will he be allowed to play if the "legal process" determines he's guilty?  Will the results of the NFL's investigation and discipline affect his status with the team?

Anyway, this team is the exact opposite of that famous Godfather III "just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in" bit.  Every time I get excited about the direction of the team and it's future, they do something new to turn me off.
How are you supposed to believe that this was actually Doug Williams's actual statement given the original official statement couldn't even spell his last name right.  Luckily the twitter person for the Skins isn't as stupid.   

https://twitter.com/kareemcopeland/status/1067887439803555840?s=21

"Both Jonathan Allen and HaHa Clinton-Dix said they did not talk to the organization about Reuben Foster. The team’s statement yesterday said they talked to some of the Alabama guys in the team and they were 'overwhelmingly supportive'."
:lmao: Redskins Management is so bad at handling media.  they deserve all the bashing they are getting.  I heard CNN was talking about it today.  lol

Dallas's defense was amazing last night.  Vander Esche and Jaylen Smith just flew to the ball, and Lawrence is clearly all-pro worthy.  Not used to seeing the Saints' offense handled like that.  

That's a pretty good read, thanks. I liked this part:

Do reporters make up news and just put "sources" to cover it?

Not the hard-working, reputable journalists that I know. It could happen, but not in my circles. That's a fireable offense. I have to tell my bosses who my sources are before they let me publish any report. Also, if you're making news up, the team you cover and other reporters will know. You will lose credibility. There are times that a team will shoot down a report, but that doesn't mean it was made-up news. It came from somewhere, and many times, from MULTIPLE sources. A team may try to discredit it, or maybe something has changed, but no, none of the journalists I work with and respect make up news and call it 'sources'.

Realistically if the Skins lose Monday night the season's over for them. Sure, this and that mathematical chance etc. etc., but it's over.

They were 5-2.

Realistically if the Skins lose Monday night the season's over for them. Sure, this and that mathematical chance etc. etc., but it's over.

They were 5-2.
After today, not as true. Today was a good day from a wild card perspective. 

I just checked twitter accounts for a few beat writers I follow to answer this question and they haven't tweeted in 4+ hours. Seems odd.
Could be focusing on more important Washington related things, like the transportation and laying in state ceremony of President GHW Bush?

Inactives tonight: RB Samaje Perine, RB Byron Marshall, WR Trey Quinn, DL Matt Ioannidis, CB Quinton Dunbar, OT Austin Howard

Users who are viewing this thread