What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (11 Viewers)

Interesting timing that Cousins now says he's going to sign his offer sheet. Maybe there was really some bad blood in that "how you like me now" moment. 
Idk. Most of what I see indicates Scot was a Kirk supporter. Maybe Kirk didn't know that, though. The conspiracy theory would say that maybe "they" led Kirk to believe that Scot didn't want him. Who knows? Too much ridiculousness. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/03/09/report-kirk-cousins-will-sign-tag-expects-to-play-2017-in-washington/

If true that Cousins is ready to sign the tag, curious timing.

I don't necessarily but the narrative that Scot wanted Cousins but Allen did not.  I still think there is a chance that Allen shafted Scot partially as part of an effort to get KC under contract.

Actually I agree w DGreen that it's likely that there is truth to BOTH he alcohol narrative and the Evil Bruce narrative.  For some reason the media wants to just push one story but a lot could be going on here.

But the timing of this latest report is odd and I'm not sure it is a coincidence.

Sadly, we kind of saw this coming. 
What could Snyder possibly do to bring back fans now.  Honestly I've never seen fans so disgusted. 

Not even when Fat Albert was doing the worm in the Fed Ex turf.

Not even when he brought in a bingo caller to design plays.

Its like treating a girl bad.  You can't do that forever.  Eventually she really will leave.

One of the six players the WP interviewed said they've seen him out of control. What are the chances that was a one time deal? What kind of proof do you want?
Who knows what the truth is at this point.  We also have limited proof regarding many things we believe that Allen did.  Everyone just believes what they want to believe, on both sides, just like politics.

but yeah who the Hell knows 

If true that Cousins is ready to sign the tag, curious timing.
It makes sense to me thinking about it this way:

McCloughan wanted a longterm deal for Cousins, and Allen did not. McCloughan is being forced out. Then Cousins loses not 1 but 2 1000-yard WR's on the same day. Then he asks to be traded before he signs his tag. Snyder says no way, we'll only trade you if we want to. So to facilitate a trade Cousins decides to sign it.

Between now and the draft the team has the leverage. A team without a satisfactory (to them) starting QB, that is scared they won't get one in the draft, is likely to make their best offer for him right before or during the draft.

Yeah, refresh my memory about that? That was certainly an embarrassing moment for Scot and the team. That could have been where thing started to go south.
That was just his wife tweeting about some reporter Diane Rossi or something .  I mean, it was definitely a sign that he may be living in the wild side.  But I suspect a lot of folks in the NFL do

What kind of garbage is that? It doesn't even say "anonymous sources said" or "people around the team"...it sure as hell doesn't quote Cousins. This is why I can't believe half the #### the WP write about the Redskins. Their axe to grind is so obvious. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Female reporter (first name maybe "DeeDee"?) on NFL Network just said Cousins lost his biggest advocate in the front office.
Yeah but I heard she was Scot's side piece. ?
:lol: I remember that. That was what McCloughan's wife called Diana Russini.

edited to add funny link: http://deadspin.com/wife-of-skins-gm-apologizes-for-accusing-espn-reporter-1728376386

The NFL Network reporter was a different woman. http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/onairtalent/aditi-kinkhabwala

Last edited by a moderator:
What kind of garbage is that? It doesn't even say "anonymous sources said" or "people around the team"...it sure as hell doesn't quote Cousins. This is why I can't believe half the #### the WP write about the Redskins. Their ax to grind is so obvious.
I'm honestly not trying to be a #####; you're a good guy. But your axe to grind against McCloughan drinking is so obvious. Whether drinking affected his job or not.

Actually I agree w DGreen that it's likely that there is truth to BOTH he alcohol narrative and the Evil Bruce narrative.  For some reason the media wants to just push one story but a lot could be going on here.
Despite all our advocating, this'll probably end up being the real situation.

What kind of garbage is that? It doesn't even say "anonymous sources said" or "people around the team"...it sure as hell doesn't quote Cousins. This is why I can't believe half the #### the WP write about the Redskins. Their ax to grind is so obvious. 
Right I agree.  Quoting the Washington post on any Redskins matter is not proof in my opinion.  And I'm not defending Snyder here.  But the Post reporters definitely position speculation as fact and many of us online lap or up like it's the truth.  

I'm honestly not trying to be a #####; you're a good guy. But your axe to grind against McCloughan drinking is so obvious. Whether drinking affected his job or not.
What does that have to do with McCloughan? How can a journalist write a sentence like the one you quoted and not attribute to anyone? This is why the traditional media is dying. 

The team felt otherwise. Also, how the #### would they know that? 
The same way the other player "knew" McCloughan was drunk. Duh. You cherrypicked the one out of six you agree with.

"The team" is Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, proven liars. Having power doesn't make them honest.

The same way the other player "knew" McCloughan was drunk. Duh. You cherrypicked the one out of six you agree with.

"The team" is Dan Snyder and Bruce Allen, proven liars. Having power doesn't make them honest.
Bruce is definitely a liar.  Just two days ago he said Scot would be back as soon as he worked some #### out!

Who knows what the truth is at this point.  We also have limited proof regarding many things we believe that Allen did.  Everyone just believes what they want to believe, on both sides, just like politics.

but yeah who the Hell knows 
Obviously, no one knows exactly what happened. My guess is that if they fired McCloughan for cause, which they claim, they've got reasons documented. I guess they only way we'll know for sure is that things come out in a unlawful termination lawsuit. 

What does that have to do with McCloughan? How can a journalist write a sentence like the one you quoted and not attribute to anyone? This is why the traditional media is dying. 
Dude, you're relying on one out of 6 players said in that piece to make your argument. Are you saying what you relied on was crap? Or just the part you don't agree with?

They interviewed 6 players and 1 player corroborated what the team claimed. All 6 didn't have to see him drunk for proof. 

Dude, you're relying on one out of 6 players said in that piece to make your argument. Are you saying what you relied on was crap? Or just the part you don't agree with?
First of all, there's more than 6 players on a football team. 6 players isn't all the people in the Redskins organization. If one of that small sample size said they saw him drunk in the building, there was probably a whole lot more people that back up the teams account. Also, it's not like the other 5 said the one guy was lying. They just hadn't witnessed the same thing. That's not a contradiction. 

McClain and McGee -- the 2 defensive linemen they signed. Do they play tackle or end? We better not end up with no good nose tackle again, keep running the 3-4, and getting gashed for mega rushing yards again.

John Keim‏Verified account @john_keim 28m28 minutes ago

One thing I will say: Players i talked to liked McCloughan. seemed genuine. Asked one tonight; he said he had nothing but respect 4 him.

That's what I mean by cherry picking. It's easier to believe 5 than 1.
:lmao:

Eye witnesses don't have to be unanimous. That's not cherry picking.

But like I said before, it's very doubtful that the team doesn't have documented proof if he was fired for cause.

Terrelle Pryor met with Skins tonight, will meet with them again tomorrow. John Keim says it's 50-50 if they sign him or not. Man I'd love for him to be on the team.

Biggest takeaway for me:

The past few weeks have been about Washington letting McCloughan go without having to pay the final two years of his contract. And McCloughan, according to sources, was advised to get what he could, get out and present the image that he is healthy and ready to work. The battle over compensation may just be beginning.

That's a very fair take and I agree. Like I said Allen hired an alcoholic who admitted he still drank. They gambled on that and lost. Allen should fall on his sword for bringing him and it failing so spectacularly. 

I think this signing may work out well. Goodbye Donte Whitner.
He's an upgrade for sure.

I do wish we would have kept Baker.  He'll look At all the $ we saved by not resigning 2 WRs 

But yeah I do think with some of these signings and a good draft the defense at least could take a step forwars

Master Tesfatsion‏Verified account @MasterTes

Nothing expected on #Redskins front with WR Terrelle Pryor tonight. We'll see what develops Friday morning.
I realize people here don't like the Post, but Tesfatsion and Jones have done some pretty good reporting this year. I think some of the Post distrust/dislike is leftover from Jason Reid, who actually did a tremendous article on Allen if I remember correctly, but never missed a chance to bash the Skins.

Terrelle Pryor met with Skins tonight, will meet with them again tomorrow. John Keim says it's 50-50 if they sign him or not. Man I'd love for him to be on the team.
yeah if doctson would get healthy we could roll with Pryor Reed crowder and doctson...that is not horrible though we could still add a burner

I realize people here don't like the Post, but Tesfatsion and Jones have done some pretty good reporting this year. I think some of the Post distrust/dislike is leftover from Jason Reid, who actually did a tremendous article on Allen if I remember correctly, but never missed a chance to bash the Skins.
And somehow they got Reid to quit the Post and take a radio job at the team radio station...then they fired him. 

I'm sorry I don't mean to trash the post.  I do read it actually.  I think I'm just distrustful of media generally.  You know "fake news" and all. ?

yeah if doctson would get healthy we could roll with Pryor Reed crowder and doctson...that is not horrible though we could still add a burner
If Doctson gets and stays healthy I'd like that receiving corps a whole lot. Pryor was good in Cleveland, and improving, and Cleveland sucks. And he's young.

2017 motto: Better than Cleveland!

The problem is the WP can't seem to separate their news articles from their editorials. 

Users who are viewing this thread