What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL*** Washington Commanders Thread (23 Viewers)

I'm sorry, fellas. I share very little of the optimism regarding the last few days. I'll offer an explanation for my position when I have the time, but for now,  here's to Day 3 yielding some decent players and a few unpolished gems.

I'm sorry, fellas. I share very little of the optimism regarding the last few days. I'll offer an explanation for my position when I have the time, but for now,  here's to Day 3 yielding some decent players and a few unpolished gems.
Cheer up dude. Haskins, Sweat, and a WR who works his ### off that happens to run a 4.3 40. 

Also, on lure draft pick value, we crushed the Colts on the trade up to get Sweat. Add to that that Sweat is a top 10 talent and there is nothing not to like about it. 

We just need to not rush Haskins. 

Cheer up dude. Haskins, Sweat, and a WR who works his ### off that happens to run a 4.3 40. 

Also, on lure draft pick value, we crushed the Colts on the trade up to get Sweat. Add to that that Sweat is a top 10 talent and there is nothing not to like about it. 

We just need to not rush Haskins. 
Completely agree.  Let him learn.  Who knows, maybe Case will play well and we can get some value out of him.  worst case we have a bad record and get better draft picks next year to really setup Haskins for success.

Of course, we all know that there will be huge pressure to start him.  so i guess we will see. 

Not sure I totally understand the RB pick...guess there is not much faith in Perrine and Kelly backups to Guise long term?

Not sure I totally understand the RB pick...guess there is not much faith in Perrine and Kelly backups to Guise long term?
No I don't think they have faith in those backups. I"m thinking their plan is in 2020 they won't be resigning AP or Chris Thompson so they draft Bryce now, give him a year if need be, and have him ready to roll with Guice in 2020.

No I don't think they have faith in those backups. I"m thinking their plan is in 2020 they won't be resigning AP or Chris Thompson so they draft Bryce now, give him a year if need be, and have him ready to roll with Guice in 2020.
Maybe also a hedge against guice too in case he doesn’t come back as they expect.

Much more this. 👆

Maybe also a hedge against guice too in case he doesn’t come back as they expect.
Than that. 

Last edited by a moderator:
All the more reason they should have signed Tevin Coleman instead of AP if they didn't have AP/Thompson in their plans for 2020.

People should remember that the Redskins passed on both Deionte Thompson at FS and Amani Oruwariye at CB to draft Love and Wes Martin. Seems odd to me as both Thompson/Oruwariye could have stepped in and helped right away.

I don't understand the folks that think the Redskins are fine in coverage as it stands right now.

Much of today has been so so but grabbing Kevin Harmon in the 6th could end up being a nice move
There must have been a reason he fell so far, but even if it was a medical/drug concern..... at this price it's a stand-up triple as the "safe" players on the board would be a long-shot just to make the team anyway.

If he's healthy and playing 16 games this season I wouldn't be shocked at all if he outproduced McLaurin and there's even a chance Harmon could end up leading the team in receiving.

Eagles just signed Zach Brown. I don't know anything about him. How did he play for the Redskins?
Sideline to sideline guy.  Despite good speed he stinks in coverage.  He flashed a lot when he first got here but was mostly invisible last year, except when allowing third and 10 conversions.  Won't miss him at all.

Sideline to sideline guy.  Despite good speed he stinks in coverage.  He flashed a lot when he first got here but was mostly invisible last year, except when allowing third and 10 conversions.  Won't miss him at all.
Slash cut to Peterson getting dragged down by Brown near the LOS two games a year.

What he does, he does very well. But he won't be a three-down-LB as skinfanjon says and if the Eagles are counting on him as a replacement for Jordan Hicks they will be sorely disappointed. If they are planning on Brown being an upgrade to LJ Fort in the middle of the defense, they may end up very happy. So it's really a matter of perspective. 

This just wasn't a great year for PHI to try to sign/draft a replacement for Hicks. I was really surprised at the contracts Mosley/Alexander/Hicks/Perryman/Baron all got. There's a reason PIT traded up for their MLB. Of the group of guys that were left PHI was smart to sign Brown imo.

I'm not a huge PFF guy but Rotoworld had this to say about him..."Brown doesn't turn 30 until after the season starts and graded out as Pro Football Focus' No. 3 off-ball linebacker out of 61 qualifiers last season, behind only Luke Kuechly and Bobby Wagner. After losing Jordan Hicks in free agency, Brown is a quality replacement in the middle of the Eagles' defense."

Saw that blurb and well aware of his pff ranking.  He is still a liability on the majority of snaps.

And in not so surprising news Doctson's option is not being picked up. 
I wasn't surprised and I wasn't disappointed either.  In fact, even though we have been sorely lacking in WRs and also lost Jamison Crowder, I'm not sure it's the best thing to even start Josh Doctson this year.  As a thought experiment, who would your 3 starting WRs be on the Redskins be this year.

I'm going to assume that they are thinking:  Richardson, Doctson, Quinn are the top three, with McLauren, Harmon and Sims the next three (not in that order necessarily but situationally depending on what they are looking for...e.g. McLauren is a burner, Harmon is a big body who can muscle for an end zone ball...)

While I agree that Richardson and Quinn are worth starting, I'm not sold on Doctson over one of the rookies or Sims, who flashed potential last preseason before getting injured.  Why not start the season with Richardson, Quinn and one of the young guys?

Here is an article where some are touting Harmon as a guy who could start sooner rather than later: https://redskinswire.usatoday.com/2019/05/05/clinton-portis-kelvin-harmon-redskins-no-1-receiver/

What do you guys think?  I just can't stomach the idea of Josh Doctson taking all those snaps this year, just to see 3 catches for 40 yards per game along with 2-3 drops at crucial points to kill drives...

John Keim
@john_keim

Reuben Foster down. Just carted off. Was in tears. Looked at by trainers. Left leg. Bruce Allen And Jay Gruden over with them

Over/under on the number of infections after this surgery? It's getting morbid up in here.

That first day of the draft had you hoping things could turn around.

I ####### hate being a fan of this team but it's roots are too deep to ever quit.

Also this has gotta be one of the faster football Karma's of all time.

Foster is made of glass, so glad the 49ers don't have to deal with him any more.

Mingooch said:
I will translate, he was 15 when it originally aired.  Today he is watching it with his now 15 yr old step son.
.... but how many people were in the rowboat to start with, again? I hate riddles.

Apparently Trent wants to get paid or traded?  They better get creative and figure this out.  
This is one place on the roster they can't screw up. They will pay the man. Gruden's presser he responded to "what are you missing with Trent not out there" he answered "the best lineman in football. They better get this done asap

This is one place on the roster they can't screw up. They will pay the man. Gruden's presser he responded to "what are you missing with Trent not out there" he answered "the best lineman in football. They better get this done asap
Yea i feel like it came out of no where but there is no choice.  Dudes been the best player for us for years.  Pay the man.  Not to mention if you want to play the rookie you kind of need some protection.  Not mad at him.  Maybe we can get creative tho so that he gets paid and the team can still make moves.

Sigh.  Trent turns 31 in a month and is always battling a nagging injury, or worse.  What do you think the Patriots would do with him?  Give him a raise/extension or trade him for picks?  

I love love love Trent.  He's been a cold beast for most of a decade and punching Richard Sherman in the face gets you in my own personal ring of honor.  But this team isn't close to contending and his (new) contract will be an albatross a year or two from now.  He should be dealt to Houston or a similar type situation for picks.

Sigh.  Trent turns 31 in a month and is always battling a nagging injury, or worse.  What do you think the Patriots would do with him?  Give him a raise/extension or trade him for picks?  

I love love love Trent.  He's been a cold beast for most of a decade and punching Richard Sherman in the face gets you in my own personal ring of honor.  But this team isn't close to contending and his (new) contract will be an albatross a year or two from now.  He should be dealt to Houston or a similar type situation for picks.
You probably aren't wrong. It's just terrible timing because they aslo need to lock up Schreff. He's going to get the biggest Guard deal in history. 

You probably aren't wrong. It's just terrible timing because they aslo need to lock up Schreff. He's going to get the biggest Guard deal in history. 
Sign Schreff tomorrow.  Today even.  Back the truck up, dudes in his prime.

I'm all for the importance of offensive line and resigning studs.  Just not when they're 31.  Sorry Trent.  Hate to feel this way but we should move on or at the very least, not pull an Alex Smith here.

Sign Schreff tomorrow.  Today even.  Back the truck up, dudes in his prime.

I'm all for the importance of offensive line and resigning studs.  Just not when they're 31.  Sorry Trent.  Hate to feel this way but we should move on or at the very least, not pull an Alex Smith here.
We have the best contract/cap guy in the business. Hopefully they work something else like only adding a year and moving most to guaranteed signing bonus or something. 

welp.

https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1136311148775653376

Jason La Canfora‏Verified account @JasonLaCanfora

Trent Williams issues with Skins are not financial at all according to numerous sources with knowledge of the situation. He's told teammates he has demanded a trade or his release from the club due to their handling of his recent medical situation. Has vowed not to play for them
https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41066384-4

Redskins tackle Morgan Moses said of Trent Williams not showing up in part because of dissatisfaction with how the growth on his head was treated this offseason. "It's about time someone like that stands up," Moses said. "It's not just a situation here; it happens throughout the league. To have one of our peers like Trent to stand up like that means a lot. His scare is one you never want to have, but you've got to take care of yourself." There have been complaints over the years about the medical staff, often centering around communication during recovery periods, per multiple sources.

John Keim

Users who are viewing this thread