What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Been watching the murder channels lately (1 Viewer)

IC FBGCav

Footballguy
Seems fear is insane.  They just take people from public places to be killed in the middle of nowhere later.  I keep screaming at the tv just fight there.   There is no situation where someone tries to kidnap you and it gets better later.  Fight there and die.  Almost always is guy overpowering a girl which isnt fair but if they take you, you still die and many bad other things happen too.

Many stories like that where the victim should fight and die right there if they have to.  The one that bothers me the most is Amber Dubois, the 14 year old grabbed by John Gardner.  He told her he had a gun and to get the #### in the car.  She did and she was raped and stabbed to death.  If she would have just ran she would have been able to get away.

Many stories like that where the victim should fight and die right there if they have to.  The one that bothers me the most is Amber Dubois, the 14 year old grabbed by John Gardner.  He told her he had a gun and to get the #### in the car.  She did and she was raped and stabbed to death.  If she would have just ran she would have been able to get away.
Same crap they teach in schools. I have to tell the kids to make themselves a small target. I tell them for real though, if someone pulls a gun and is shooting in here, we all bum rush. We don't just sit there and wait to get shot lIke idiots. The kids kids all agree that it's the obviously correct choice.

I remember watching some forgettable documentary about these robbers that had been taking a bank goer hostage when they did the robbery and then killing them later.  During one of their last robberies this one girl, early 20's, just sat on the ground when they tried to threaten her to move. She ignored them, either through shock or deliberate, and they obviously just left after they made the robbery. Simple enough. They didn't want to get filmed murdering someone. 

Seems fear is insane.  They just take people from public places to be killed in the middle of nowhere later.  I keep screaming at the tv just fight there.   There is no situation where someone tries to kidnap you and it gets better later.  Fight there and die.  Almost always is guy overpowering a girl which isnt fair but if they take you, you still die and many bad other things happen too.
Former exec I worked with was taken hostage at gunpoint in his semi-secluded home, and needed to stay composed while his wife came home (and was taken hostage) and then his two children from school. They were tied up and didn't try to escape when the thief took wife to a bank and drained an account. Eventually co-workers went to his home because it was out of character for him to miss an important meetings, and the thief got spooked and left. I think about that story - wondering if I would have gotten my entire family killed in that situation. My gut is the same as OP's, that its better to fight than wait to die. Hope I'm never in that position.

Former exec I worked with was taken hostage at gunpoint in his semi-secluded home, and needed to stay composed while his wife came home (and was taken hostage) and then his two children from school. They were tied up and didn't try to escape when the thief took wife to a bank and drained an account. Eventually co-workers went to his home because it was out of character for him to miss an important meetings, and the thief got spooked and left. I think about that story - wondering if I would have gotten my entire family killed in that situation. My gut is the same as OP's, that its better to fight than wait to die. Hope I'm never in that position.
We don't know how the story might have ended after the robbery. The kidnapper might have executed the whole family. 

Wow please flesh this out . Why did they try to grab you?
It was a wierd thing.  Was 12 or 13, remember I was wearing my little league jacket.  We went to a football game in Ringgold, PA.  New Catle at Ringgold.  It was during the first half of the game and a few of us walked back to the buses which were right behind the endzone.  There was also woods right next to the field.  3 older teens, two white and one black approached our group.  I guess they were asking people if we were from New Castle.  When they did a few people took off running.  As I saw them running, had no idea why, the teens asked me if I was from New Castle, I said yes, someone said get him.  Two white dudes had my arms and black guy had my legs and next thing I know I am in the woods.  They said they were going to kill me, and black dude was yelling give me the knife.  I dont know how I got free.  But I got my legs free first, think I kicked the black guy, got free and ran like hell.  I was running through the buses and they were behind me.  I made it behind the endzone and saw a huge guy, he looked like an offensive lineman.  He was with mother.  I think I grabbed his legs and begged him to help me.  5 seconds later the 3 guys show up.  Big guy asked me if those were guys, I was so scared, I said no.  The told them to get the  out of here.  They left and he looked at me and said, those were the guys after you, right?  I said yes and he walked me back to the stands where we were met by a my buddies dad and a group of NC people heading to look for me.  

My wife loves these channels and shows.  I really think she is working on the perfect murder of me.  If I seem to be gone from this board for a prolonged time, call the police.

I remember watching some forgettable documentary about these robbers that had been taking a bank goer hostage when they did the robbery and then killing them later.  During one of their last robberies this one girl, early 20's, just sat on the ground when they tried to threaten her to move. She ignored them, either through shock or deliberate, and they obviously just left after they made the robbery. Simple enough. They didn't want to get filmed murdering someone. 
They say you never go with someone if they try to force you like that. The reason the perp wants to is because they're not comfortable doing what they want to where you are at the time. Your chances of death greatly increase if you obey and let them take you.

My favorite is the scene in the movies where the killer makes his victim dig his own grave at gunpoint. Really? You're going to dig your own grave? At least force the guy to shoot you first then have to dig it himself.

That's the type of thing that can haunt you the rest of your life
I saw this right after you posted it and was posting, it didn't haunt me at all....then I started thinking.  One of the biggest things was my buddys dad coming into my house and telling my parents what happened, my buddies dad was really distrot over it, happened on his watch.  Cops were notified at the scene but nothing came from it as far as I know.  Pretty sure one of the white guys had a nose ring which wasnt common there in the early 80's so they had someone to look for.

I think things would be much different if I got hurt in some way.  Maybe it was a joke?  I dont know but why did they chase?  Being carried from the lights of a football field into darkness, not knowing why is pretty scary.  Then kill and knife throws you into do anything mode.     Still dont really know how I broke free.  I was young but grew up on a playground, so i fought many times by then, i was not the toughest person there but I could hold my own, I think that helped.  

It really wasnt a big deal after it happened, just wasnt.  I do have nightmares a lot where I am being chased, but never really, linked it to this.  Maybe they will stop now if this is why.

It was a wierd thing.  Was 12 or 13, remember I was wearing my little league jacket.  We went to a football game in Ringgold, PA.  New Catle at Ringgold.  It was during the first half of the game and a few of us walked back to the buses which were right behind the endzone.  There was also woods right next to the field.  3 older teens, two white and one black approached our group.  I guess they were asking people if we were from New Castle.  When they did a few people took off running.  As I saw them running, had no idea why, the teens asked me if I was from New Castle, I said yes, someone said get him.  Two white dudes had my arms and black guy had my legs and next thing I know I am in the woods.  They said they were going to kill me, and black dude was yelling give me the knife.  I dont know how I got free.  But I got my legs free first, think I kicked the black guy, got free and ran like hell.  I was running through the buses and they were behind me.  I made it behind the endzone and saw a huge guy, he looked like an offensive lineman.  He was with mother.  I think I grabbed his legs and begged him to help me.  5 seconds later the 3 guys show up.  Big guy asked me if those were guys, I was so scared, I said no.  The told them to get the  out of here.  They left and he looked at me and said, those were the guys after you, right?  I said yes and he walked me back to the stands where we were met by a my buddies dad and a group of NC people heading to look for me.  
i had a gun put a gun to my head once.   that'll freeze you.   

My favorite is the scene in the movies where the killer makes his victim dig his own grave at gunpoint. Really? You're going to dig your own grave? At least force the guy to shoot you first then have to dig it himself.
i got a shovel, its now a weapon

i had a gun put a gun to my head once.   that'll freeze you.   
Only once, yeah, I had some bad situations.  Both the gun ones were just out of my control.  Both while at college in erie, pa.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea #### that ####. You ain't making me work on my last day alive. You do it #######.

In a car situation, i wreck the car into anything, if they are forcing you, do anything, fake a heart attack, a broken leg, anything to get them to let their guard down and attack with all, scratch, bite anything, target eyes and neck.

No internet tough guy shtick here but I always told my wife "if you ever get mugged like 'give me your money/purse!' hand it over.   But if someone tries to grab you, pull you into a car etc fight like hell...like your life depended on it...because it probably does".

when I was about 13 a couple of "friends" of mine handcuffed me as a joke.  They were just kidding around and nothing nefarious happened but I learned in those 5 minutes just how absolutely helpless your are.  No way would I ever let that happen again (aside from the cops).  

No internet tough guy shtick here but I always told my wife "if you ever get mugged like 'give me your money/purse!' hand it over.   But if someone tries to grab you, pull you into a car etc fight like hell...like your life depended on it...because it probably does".

when I was about 13 a couple of "friends" of mine handcuffed me as a joke.  They were just kidding around and nothing nefarious happened but I learned in those 5 minutes just how absolutely helpless your are.  No way would I ever let that happen again (aside from the cops).  
Now imagine you're black.

Years ago when i was a bank teller in our training they taught us no matter what, do not leave the building.  Fake a heart attack, pass out, whatever but DO NOT LEAVE.  Rationale was that at least you would get medical attention on sight.  You won't anywhere else.  

My wife loves these channels and shows.  I really think she is working on the perfect murder of me.  If I seem to be gone from this board for a prolonged time, call the police.
I keep telling my wife, "I know you only watch those to eliminate the errors that gets them caught." She just shrugs.

Watching First 48 hrs last weekend, there was this abandoned house with a couple bodies in it, raped and murdered, by some guy nicknamed, "Murder-man"... anyway.... They end up interviewing one of his almost victims.  She said he came up to her on the street, flashed his gun in his waist and told her she needs to come with him.   She said, "No, if you want to kill me you're going to have to do it right here on this street."   He apologized and hugged her and walked off. 

I keep telling my wife, "I know you only watch those to eliminate the errors that gets them caught." She just shrugs.
I saw one years back where the wife was slooooooooowly poisoning the husband via his coffee every morning.  Because it was such a small amount each day, it was hard to pinpoint.  I forget what her downfall was though.

A similar episode was on Forensic Files when this chick was poisoning her husband's iced tea.  She was putting something (arsenic, rat poison, don't remember exactly) in his iced tea thermos that he took to work. 

#####es, man.

What usually gets them caught is greed.....such as a new life insurance policy.

Future Huff Post Headline:

"Grumpy Middle School Teacher Stabs 10 Friends in Prank Handcuff-Pizza Incident Gone Bad."

Teacher says, "I regret nothing. Nothing."  

Watching First 48 hrs last weekend, there was this abandoned house with a couple bodies in it, raped and murdered, by some guy nicknamed, "Murder-man"... anyway.... They end up interviewing one of his almost victims.  She said he came up to her on the street, flashed his gun in his waist and told her she needs to come with him.   She said, "No, if you want to kill me you're going to have to do it right here on this street."   He apologized and hugged her and walked off. 
The ####?  

Users who are viewing this thread