What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Otis fad diet thread — yoga, fasting, and kevzilla walking on🚶‍♂️ (13 Viewers)

You did 450 push ups today??  God I'm soft. 
300 earlier in the day and 150 tonight. Shooting for 10k push-ups in he next 3 weeks, then aggressively back in the gym.

- Fage fat free yogurt for breakfast

- turkey coldcuts (no bread) lunch

- 1/4 chicken white with haricot vert and spaghetti squash 

got back into dieting yesterday/today and getting ready to start exercising heavily again. 

Its March, nearing the cutoff if you don't want to be a fat pile at the pool or beach this summer.

Thought I had a good week, but not showing on the scale this time.  Time to re-check I am eating the correct portions and start exercising.  4 weeks to go.

Embarrassing.  Back to 208 after coming in at 206 last week.  I was 205 on Friday but yesterday went on a chicago pizza tour which was part of my valentines gift and I didnt hold back eating at all.  I ate all of mine, and whatever my fiancé couldnt finish (she doesnt eat much).  Im hoping this one day splurge is just sitting with me and ill be back to 205 in the next day or two and can start heading back in the right direction.  

@Sand

Last edited by a moderator:
All you can drink beer on @Chaka for anyone who joins me at Harpoon Brewery in Logan airport before 10:25 am.

I go through the same pattern every year - intense working out in the gym (90-120 minutes of weights, 4-5x a week) from Jan/Feb through August and then I turn into a pumpkin at the other times. This year I'm getting a late start. The pushups are really to wake my body up from the hibernation before getting back to the gym routine. I did another 50 this morning, so 150 on the day so far. It is amazing how sore I am after 600 pushups. Feels good, but shocking. 

207.5   - not the biggest drop but finally going in the right direction.

I can't believe I still want to lose 28 more :loco:

I go through the same pattern every year - intense working out in the gym (90-120 minutes of weights, 4-5x a week) from Jan/Feb through August and then I turn into a pumpkin at the other times. This year I'm getting a late start. The pushups are really to wake my body up from the hibernation before getting back to the gym routine. I did another 50 this morning, so 150 on the day so far. It is amazing how sore I am after 600 pushups. Feels good, but shocking. 
This is really too much volume on any specific day.  You need to tighten your #### up.  

If you really want to go 5x a week and put some serious time in, and want to get jacked rather than lift 6 plates then IMO, PHAT is about as good as you can do.  PHAT

Science is pointing to 5-6 40-50 min workouts a week as ideal for gainz in physique and 3-4 60 min workouts for gainz in strength.  

I've said it before but I'm right now doing a very close facsimile to the Reddit PPL split.  PPL  This is supposed to be a 6x a week program.  I usually try to go 3 on 1 off.  If I can get 6 days in a row then great.  I tweaked a few things from this for my own goals, but for the most part the base concept I stick with.

For those that have never lifted before, ever I'd still start you on 5x5 or SS until your second squat deload.  Then you can work on getting jacked and tan.

This is really too much volume on any specific day.  You need to tighten your #### up.  

If you really want to go 5x a week and put some serious time in, and want to get jacked rather than lift 6 plates then IMO, PHAT is about as good as you can do.  PHAT

Science is pointing to 5-6 40-50 min workouts a week as ideal for gainz in physique and 3-4 60 min workouts for gainz in strength.  

I've said it before but I'm right now doing a very close facsimile to the Reddit PPL split.  PPL  This is supposed to be a 6x a week program.  I usually try to go 3 on 1 off.  If I can get 6 days in a row then great.  I tweaked a few things from this for my own goals, but for the most part the base concept I stick with.

For those that have never lifted before, ever I'd still start you on 5x5 or SS until your second squat deload.  Then you can work on getting jacked and tan.
My biggest issue not being able to get everything into a session, I've tried chopping it down and I can't - a typical routine for chest/tri as an example:

Flat bench 3x8

Incline bench 3x8

Decline bench 3x8

Some form of cable combos (usually flies and something else) 3x16

Close grip bench 3x8

Skull crusher combos 3x16

Tricep pulldown/overhead extension 3x16

Some variation of abs

Unless I really lighten up the weight and reduce rest time to basically nothing, I can't get the time down.

interesting that this is a "thing"   In college we would always do 1 "heavy" day and 1 "light" day.

I thought that was the "norm"

My biggest issue not being able to get everything into a session, I've tried chopping it down and I can't - a typical routine for chest/tri as an example:

Flat bench 3x8

Incline bench 3x8

Decline bench 3x8

Some form of cable combos (usually flies and something else) 3x16

Close grip bench 3x8

Skull crusher combos 3x16

Tricep pulldown/overhead extension 3x16

Some variation of abs

Unless I really lighten up the weight and reduce rest time to basically nothing, I can't get the time down.
This is simply too much volume for those areas unless on gear. Need to work in other areas and distribute this better across the week.

This is simply too much volume for those areas unless on gear. Need to work in other areas and distribute this better across the week.
This is 2x a week, then 2x with a similar routine for shoulders/biceps and one day for back/legs/cardio.

I'd love to get it down to 60 minutes, I just have never been able to since I'm 16.

fantasycurse42 said:
This is 2x a week, then 2x with a similar routine for shoulders/biceps and one day for back/legs/cardio.

I'd love to get it down to 60 minutes, I just have never been able to since I'm 16.
I mean compare what you are doing to the PPL "push" routine.  Now I've mixed it up a bit.  I'll detail it here:

Push Day 1 - Bench focus

• Flat BB Bench - 5x5 - Goal: Raise 1RM
  • Incline BB Bench - 3x(8-12) - Goal increasing volume
  • OHP - 3x8-10 - Goal increasing volume, also form work.  Stop short of failure.
Superset block (Repeats both Day 1 and Day 2 but tricep exercises change up, mostly based on machine availability)

• 2x3 SS of a combination of
  • (Pick2) (Crusher, OH Extention, Pulldown, close grip DB) (8-12 rep range) (Total of 2 exercises rotated for 6 sets)
  • With (15-20 rep range) of side laterals or cable side laterals.  (Total of 6 sets here)
Push Day 2 - Press focus

• OHP - 5x5 - Goal: Raise 1RM
  • Flat Bench - 3x(8-12) - Goal increasing volume and form work, stopping short of failure.  
  • Decline Bench - 3x8-10 - Goal increasing volume.
Then follow that with the same super-set routine as above, changing tri work as required but keeping in side laterals for high reps.

As a non-geared lifter this gives me some advantages.  Biggest of which is I've now divided up my shoulder work to front/back shoulders on my push/pull day and avoided high volume across the entire shoulder area in one single day.  This IMO is important for dudes older than 35 to skip a strictly shoulder day.  The OHP works a lot of tricep areas that are hard to get in isolation and puts them in a more functional movement that brings in abs, delts, traps, and even glutes.  Plus you look like a badass and people figure you know what the #### you are doing.  You might say, whoa, OHP and flat bench on the same day??? But it works if you can stick to the proper volume ranges and really focus on the first lift of the day as the heavy one.

I don't think you can hit all three tricep heads hard on the same day and hit the chest 3 ways all in the same day consistently without gear, I just don't.  The above I think is superior in that it changes rep-ranges each workout towards different goals (1RM and volumetric) and also gives you some pump activities for the beach at the end while not overly taxing you for the next workout.  

If your back routine is on point also you will touch the accessory tricep stuff there as well.  This is why I do pull first then the push, to pre-tax my triceps prior to the push day.  PHAT uses much of the same concepts but uses just slightly more time in the gym. 

culdeus said:

I think bodyweight stuff done right can do the job fine.  Lifting heavy is perhaps required to add mass, not necessarily to maintain it.  

I think bodyweight stuff done right can do the job fine.  Lifting heavy is perhaps required to add mass, not necessarily to maintain it.  
Yes. But I strongly believe you need to increase volume or weight to continue to see progress. At some point doing 5000 pushups or 10000 air squats takes all damn day. 

Weights bring an efficiency component into the mix. 

Keerock said:
Week 9 Weigh In

Starting Weight: 256.8
Last Week: 229.9
Current Weight: 225.5
Week Lost: 4.4 lbs
Total Lost: 31.3 lbs
Total % Lost: 12.2%

@fantasycurse42 @Sand

Keerock said:
Finally back on the + side for BF% as well... 31.3 total lbs lost... 31.7 fat lbs lost :thumbup:  
Also... "officially" half way to my goal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean compare what you are doing to the PPL "push" routine.  Now I've mixed it up a bit.  I'll detail it here:

Push Day 1 - Bench focus

• Flat BB Bench - 5x5 - Goal: Raise 1RM
  • Incline BB Bench - 3x(8-12) - Goal increasing volume
  • OHP - 3x8-10 - Goal increasing volume, also form work.  Stop short of failure.
Superset block (Repeats both Day 1 and Day 2 but tricep exercises change up, mostly based on machine availability)

• 2x3 SS of a combination of
  • (Pick2) (Crusher, OH Extention, Pulldown, close grip DB) (8-12 rep range) (Total of 2 exercises rotated for 6 sets)
  • With (15-20 rep range) of side laterals or cable side laterals.  (Total of 6 sets here)
Push Day 2 - Press focus

• OHP - 5x5 - Goal: Raise 1RM
  • Flat Bench - 3x(8-12) - Goal increasing volume and form work, stopping short of failure.  
  • Decline Bench - 3x8-10 - Goal increasing volume.
Then follow that with the same super-set routine as above, changing tri work as required but keeping in side laterals for high reps.

As a non-geared lifter this gives me some advantages.  Biggest of which is I've now divided up my shoulder work to front/back shoulders on my push/pull day and avoided high volume across the entire shoulder area in one single day.  This IMO is important for dudes older than 35 to skip a strictly shoulder day.  The OHP works a lot of tricep areas that are hard to get in isolation and puts them in a more functional movement that brings in abs, delts, traps, and even glutes.  Plus you look like a badass and people figure you know what the #### you are doing.  You might say, whoa, OHP and flat bench on the same day??? But it works if you can stick to the proper volume ranges and really focus on the first lift of the day as the heavy one.

I don't think you can hit all three tricep heads hard on the same day and hit the chest 3 ways all in the same day consistently without gear, I just don't.  The above I think is superior in that it changes rep-ranges each workout towards different goals (1RM and volumetric) and also gives you some pump activities for the beach at the end while not overly taxing you for the next workout.  

If your back routine is on point also you will touch the accessory tricep stuff there as well.  This is why I do pull first then the push, to pre-tax my triceps prior to the push day.  PHAT uses much of the same concepts but uses just slightly more time in the gym. 
I know I need to shorten - I might give a chest, shoulder, back, tri, bi, legs/cardio, rest day, repeat routine in place (mixing in abs 3x a week). That'll get me to 6 days in a row, 1 day of rest, but typically 60 minute sessions, so it will equal less overall time in the gym... Curious how this will impact my strength and physique, both equally important to me. 

http://i.imgur.com/tShqXSy.jpg

This will be in the main rotation, 450 calories, pretty tasty. Soup/half sandwich and 1/4 chicken with carrots/roasted potatoes will be the other mainstays. Catered lunches are the crux of my downfalls, need to be careful on those days. 

Yogurt and fruit throughout the day is something I can maintain. 

Need to be aggressive, behind the 8ball. 

Starting Weight: 288

Last Week: 

Current Weight: 252.7

Lost: 

Total Lost: 

Total % Lost: 

DOn't remember all the other numbers. Down a little bit. Weighed in Thursday at 251, felt invincible and proceeded to ramp back up to 252.7

Updated.  As usual I am on too much travel - stayed pretty static here.  Would love another 5 lbs before this thing ends.

Users who are viewing this thread