What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

1970s music draft- Link to google spreadsheet in first post (1 Viewer)

timschochet

Footballguy
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-Tt1TmVZwHedpxZy5CLHxeCSWsbD3Yg9uarYrAnMO1I

Song

1. 1970-1979 song (1 song for each year; 10 categories)

2. Best soft rock/singer-songwriter song

3. Best hard rock/classic rock song

4. Best funk/soul/Disco song

5. Best punk/post-punk song

6. Wildcard song

Album

1. 1970-1979 album (1 album for each year; 10categories)

2. Best soft rock/singer-songwriter album

3. Best hard rock/classic rock album

4. Best funk/soul/Disco album

5. Best punk/post-punk album

6. Wildcard album

Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly... I'll check in later depending on how busy work is -- when do you expect it to start?

wanna take the plunge here ...

IN 

ETA - IN for drafting only

Last edited by a moderator:
I count 5 for sure IN's with 5 maybes (Floppo, Higgins, Eephus, Popeye, Loan Sharks).  I'll say IN as well.

Would think we need at least 15 drafters to make this interesting, otherwise it's a kid in the candy store draft.  

:hey:

Drafting.  I'd judge but it would just be stuff I like, not real knowledgeable about this stuff but it's fun. 

A lot of people like the judging, but I can go either way. We just need more people. We have 6, we need at least 12-15

i can draft but we need to keep a steady pace here and not wig the #### out like most of your drafts and force everyone to pick 10 things at once after 3 days because youre impatient and eager to tell everyone your next pick.

Seriously - if you can exercise some patience on a planned schedule, I'm in.  No flipping out after 4 days with "JUST PICK THE REST OF YOUR PICKS ALL AT ONCE" stuff.

i can draft but we need to keep a steady pace here and not wig the #### out like most of your drafts and force everyone to pick 10 things at once after 3 days because youre impatient and eager to tell everyone your next pick.

Seriously - if you can exercise some patience on a planned schedule, I'm in.  No flipping out after 4 days with "JUST PICK THE REST OF YOUR PICKS ALL AT ONCE" stuff.
I agree. The main reason I've done that in the past is not because of impatience though- it's because so many people are on autoskip that I can't keep track. But nonetheless I agree. 

In all fairness, it was always longer than 4 days, but yes, most drafts lose steam about halfway through. "2 a day" was always a good solution then.

I'd like to participate, but I am going to be on vacation from June 11th to 18th, and that would put me way behind in the draft. 

Bump. In so far:

timschochet

jwb

worrierking

otb_lifer

Doug B

The Dreaded Marco

Fubar

John Bender

simsarge

higgins

Buzzbait

That's 11. Can we get at least 4 more? Then I will set up an order. 

I'm willing to jump into this...long time lurker of a number of the other ones, so I have (I think) a vague idea of what I am getting into (nearly jumped in for the recent 50 year song one).

Can't . Not . Draft

Suggestion #1 - feel free to ignore, but how about 1 pick per day, per drafter? If somebody is concerned with getting sniped, I'll dredge up a few good alarm clock recommendations.

Suggestion #2 - Since this is a 70s draft, I think a loosely defined category of "Duets" is in order.

I think the song for each year business is good for a mixtape but not so much for a judged cluster.  Thematic categories work better for judging than some arbitrary date criteria.

Around a month. Please don't worry about holding things up though. 
Sorry to mess with your numbers but if you anticipate a 1 month long draft them I'm going to have to bow out.  I was anticipating knocking it out by mid June and I'll be unavailable the last half of this month with very spotty internet access.  Looks like you're getting a few other drafters though, so should be fine.

Looking forward to following along when I can.

I think the song for each year business is good for a mixtape but not so much for a judged cluster.  Thematic categories work better for judging than some arbitrary date criteria.
Well we have both, but I do like the year by year for albums and songs. It should expose us to some music less people are aware of (I hope.) 

OK I'll set up a random order later tonight or tomorrow. We'll have a clock starting next week but we can start drafting earlier than that. 

OK I'll set up a random order later tonight or tomorrow. We'll have a clock starting next week but we can start drafting earlier than that. 
Ah, #### it.  If you're going to start it tonight, I'll play.  We can get through at least half the draft before I may fall off the radar. 

OK here is the first round: 

ROUND 1

1. Buzzbait

2. Tom Skerritt

3. Eephus

4. ScottNorwood

5. worrierking

6. Dal_Boys_Phan

7. timschochet

8. jwb

9. The Dreaded Marco

10. DougB

11. John Bender

12. Fubar

13. simsarge

14. OTB_lifer

15. Mister CIA

16. higgins

We'll start the clock Monday morning (7am PST to 4 pm PST, 1 hour Monday through Friday.) But people can start drafting now. All categories on the first page; it's pretty self-explanatory. Let's do this! 

Users who are viewing this thread