What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2016 Goal Line RBs? (1 Viewer)

Tsunami

Footballguy
I'm doing a league with points for TDs only and I neglected to get enough RBs early.  But this is a league where LeGarrette Blount outscored Latavius Murray, so there's still some hope.  Any sleeper RBs that might vulture some touchdowns but aren't in the top 30-50? Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
Just taking a few shots in the dark at this point but here would be my guesses:

Jordan Howard - CHI

Ridley/Zenner - DET

Spencer Ware - KC

Khiry Robinson - NYJ

Like the Spencer Ware and Jordan Howard (later in the season) ideas.

Thinking also a guy like Morris in Dallas. I know I'll have to beat back the Barbarians of Zeke at the gate for even suggesting it but it makes "real world" sense, especially if Dallas is doing well this year.  Late in the season, IF you don't have to, it's a great time to share the love on the tough jobs and for FF, that's a great way to get some wins late in a TD only league. Happens all the time.

When Adrian Peterson was out in 2014 Matt Asiata scored 9 TD.

Jerrick McKinnon was a rookie that season, so it is possible that he would not cede the goal line short yardage role now. This is what has happened in the past however and Asiata has been pretty effective in that role.

If you are looking for guys outside the top 50 you pretty much have to be looking at back up players. There were only 30 RB who had 5 or more combined TD last season.

Chris Johnson ARI - obviously he'll have a role

Turbin IND - if they save grind off Gore

Artis-Payne CAR - if they save grind off Stew (longer shot Devon Johnson)

Michael SEA - gonna be an ugly timeshare, if he has a part then probably includes goalline (longer shot Collins)

Blue HOU - maybe more effective in those situations than Miller

Watson CLE - could carve a role, but limited upside given bad offense

Say Gore goes down for the count, is Turbin the man then? 

Not just as a goal line back but as an every down guy?  Is he viable in all formats at that point?

Not just as a goal line back but as an every down guy?  Is he viable in all formats at that point?
They don't have much else. You'd think whoever looks best of Trey Williams and Josh Ferguson would get a lot of work, but neither is enough to be a full time starter. Maybe they sign someone who is dropped like whoever doesn't make the Ravens (other than you know who).

2nd in line behind Gore is the million dollar sleeper question. Whoever that is will be viable in all formats.

Users who are viewing this thread