What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Web Hosting for Dot Net MVC app (1 Viewer)

Steeler

Footballguy
Arvixe blows chunks and I now hate them.

Can anyone recommend another hosting site for Dot Net MVC Web apps?

I'm the VP of sales for a "large" hosting company that does everything from VPS to AWS. Pm me and I will try to help. 

What problems have you been having with Arvixe?  I've been using them for years without issue, so I'm a little concenered to hear you now hate them.  

I have a very small website with minimal adsense "revenue"... for the most part arvixe has been fine.  However, my site has been down since 7/16/16!  Not even a friendly error message from the hosting company... just a blank page saying "service unavailable".  I've contact support by phone, live chat, service tickets via their website, and by email - the site is still down!  I pay them for one thing and they can't deliver.  They say it is the server farm I am on but they  (apparently) are incapable or unwilling to move my site to a server that actually serves Web pages.   I contacted billing asking for some sort of credits/refund - crickets.  I've contacted support through each of those avenues mentioned above each day for the last three days - site is still down - crickets as a response - WTF??

Yeah, That is unacceptable.  Having a website down since 7/16/16 is enough to cripple many businesses. 

I've only ever really used Godaddy and Arvixe for hosting.  I host my personal sites through Arvixe as they were a recommended site by someone that supports Windows servers pretty well.  The sites I manage through my employer have always been on Godaddy.  I can only tell you that my experience with Godaddy was hit or miss.  I had some sites on a shared hosting server and it sucked.  Slow, was down from time to time, etc.  As we grew I moved these sites to a dedicated server with Godaddy, and it has been awesome.  But of course it is a dedicated server where we pay $$$$$$$$$$ for it.  It better be awesome and never go down. 

I'm on a share server now, and the performance was acceptable (when pages were being served).

The site doesn't generate enough  cash to warrant a dedicated server, but for grins how much is a dedicated server at go daddy?

I'm on a share server now, and the performance was acceptable (when pages were being served).

The site doesn't generate enough  cash to warrant a dedicated server, but for grins how much is a dedicated server at go daddy?
You should Pm me. 

Depends on your need.  For comparisons...

At Arvixe I have 4 sites on a shared hosting... Only one of them is anything more than static pages... None of them have high traffic.  I think I pay $10 / month average.

With Godaddy we have 5 sites on a dedicated server.  2 of them are e-commerce sites.  Much more traffic than what I have going on at Arvixe.  For the server, a hardware firewall (which we have full web access to), and 7 days backup retention we paid about $1700 for a year.  

Users who are viewing this thread