What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Rhodens in Ohio (1 Viewer)

I'm sure authorities have some leads and or ideas as to why this transpired. They found evidence of a big scale marijuana operation as well as rooster fighting. They have come out and said they do not want to disclose the location of the surviving children because they may still be in danger. Mexican mafia is my guess. 

I'm sure authorities have some leads and or ideas as to why this transpired. They found evidence of a big scale marijuana operation as well as rooster fighting. They have come out and said they do not want to disclose the location of the surviving children because they may still be in danger. Mexican mafia is my guess. 
So then the Mexican Mafia is still the prime target here? 

I thought that the weakest of any theories and here is why...the biggest reason I read why they have very little is that the video surveillance tapes or cameras were destroyed by the perps, they knew where every one of them was. 

We also know that one of the members, not sure the exact one but one of them was treated slightly harsher than the rest...I hate to make things up but I feel strongly they took this person around or video taped the killings to show him when they finally arrived at his location. This seems like an inside job and one meant with a purpose...they must be able to track down all the folks who worked and distributed these grow houses...they must have been cutting in on someone's money. That sounds Mexican Cartel but honestly it seems unlikely IMO. 

The victim who was treated to a body torture and also dollars bills were left all over his corpse for the police to find...it seems that person did something that made the entire family sacrificial...

Last edited by a moderator:
Theory 1: This is predicated on the fact one of the victims had $1,000 in bills strewn over his body. 

Killers woke him first, beat him within inches of his life and then once he was incapacitated they marched him to every one of his family trailers and had him watch them murder the family Breaking Bad like when Jesse is held int he car. 

The money was verified by whoever found the family to start with...this was not released by the police to my knowledge. 

So then the Mexican Mafia is still the prime target here? 

I thought that the weakest of any theories and here is why...the biggest reason I read why they have very little is that the video surveillance tapes or cameras were destroyed by the perps, they knew where everyone of them was. 

We also know that one of the members, not sure the exact one but one of them was treated slightly harsher than the rest...I hate to make things up but I feel strongly they took this person around or video taped the killings to show him when they finally arrived at his location. This seems like an inside job and one meant with a purpose...they must be able to track down all the folks who worked and distributed these grow houses...they must have been cutting in on someone's money. That sounds Mexican Cartel but honestly it seems unlikely IMO. 
I get what you're saying. I say Mexican Mafia a little tongue in cheek. I do without a doubt think this was the work of people that you could say are not amatuers. They may not be Gambino family professionals, but this was planned and calculated very well.

As you said, the elder Rhoden I believe was shot several times and the others only once or twice. He pissed someone off or didn't pay someone and his family paid the price. I guess it could be an inside family member that went rouge, but that would make it much harder to cover up imo, unless the authorities were bought off. 

I get what you're saying. I say Mexican Mafia a little tongue in cheek. I do without a doubt think this was the work of people that you could say are not amatuers. They may not be Gambino family professionals, but this was planned and calculated very well.

As you said, the elder Rhoden I believe was shot several times and the others only once or twice. He pissed someone off or didn't pay someone and his family paid the price. I guess it could be an inside family member that went rouge, but that would make it much harder to cover up imo, unless the authorities were bought off. 
I hadn't thought of one of the family buying off the cops and county but anything is possible. Maybe everyone just wanted them gone but the entire family? No cops, even corrupt ones would allow that to happen IMHO. 

Why would the Mexican mafia or someone else semi rational come back to shoot the kids when they could have done it the first time around?

http://www.wcpo.com/news/crime/4-possible-motives-in-pike-county-ohio-murders

This was right after and the snapface theory has already been tossed. The others are still in play though. 
How about drug related but not Mexican Cartel?...I would be sending in undercover Feds and buy as many grams of Mj until I know every dealer within X amount mile radius. 

The Facebook one is very interesting, these folks were not the most liked and there were a lot of families that had bad blood with them but to kill 8 people senselessly, there just couldn't be a family member who had it in for the dad but kills the rest...that's not gonna happen IMHO. 

Thanks for links

The killers left money behind or on the corpse, could have been a message this had nothing to do with money...or everything to do with money. 

Might have been a crime of passion. 

Why would the Mexican mafia or someone else semi rational come back to shoot the kids when they could have done it the first time around?
That is a very good question. I don't know why the children at the crime scenes were not hurt. I'm about an hour away from pike county and I'm just reiterating whet I've read in local news. 

The killers left money behind or on the corpse, could have been a message this had nothing to do with money...or everything to do with money. 

Might have been a crime of passion. 
The money left as what seems like a taunting gesture is wild. I hope one day we find out what happened. It seems like one of those never gets solved deals, though. 

That is a very good question. I don't know why the children at the crime scenes were not hurt. I'm about an hour away from pike county and I'm just reiterating whet I've read in local news. 
 I'm about an hour away as well in southern Ohio, and I've read the same things you have.

In the one article it says one theory the Rhoden family has is the sheriff is saying they are in danger because he is up for reelection this year. 

Arrests made 

https://www.cnn.com/2018/11/13/us/ohio-piketon-killings-arrests/index.html

Four members of an Ohio family have been arrested in connection with the 2016 killings of eight members of a separate family, authorities said Tuesday, opening a new chapter in a massacre that stunned a rural southern Ohio community.

George "Billy" Wagner III, 47; Angela Wagner, 48; George Wagner IV, 27; and Edward "Jake" Wagner, 26, were arrested Tuesday and "are charged with planning and carrying out" the killings of eight members of the Rhoden family, Ohio State Attorney General Mike DeWine's office said in a news release.

Weird that the people who were “of interest” and picked up and moved to Alaska immediately were the culprits!

Sarcasm aside, it’s crazy it took two years to gather enough evidence or get one of them to break.  

Weird that the people who were “of interest” and picked up and moved to Alaska immediately were the culprits!

Sarcasm aside, it’s crazy it took two years to gather enough evidence or get one of them to break.  
Now that they are all facing the death penalty, I imagine the race to cut a deal will be fast and furious.

Never knew about this until now...crazy.

over/under on when this will become the next Netflix "Making of a Murderer" series?

Users who are viewing this thread