What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

⚽ Soccer Match-day Thread (6 Viewers)

CCL may be the best hidden secret in the sport.  Game after game after game is fun with just enough Concacafness to make it crazy.
It does suck every year having to imagine what MLS teams could do if they were mid to end of season form instead of pre.

But to your point as a neutral...absolutely. barrel of monkey fun, and kinda fun to kick off MLS season 

Seattle has to be upset.  Their side of the bracket is so much easier than the other side of the bracket, they would have killed Montreal and walked into the semi's.

And they are just about to get their best player back in Lodeiro who missed both CCL games with a preseason injury.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bayern rampant, and Davies looking unstoppable.

I don't like having an active interest in Chelsea, especially without CP healthy. But they look better than burnmouth so far and deservedly in front.

One side thing...this Reece James braided sideshow Bob bowl hair do seems to be spreading. I assume they're going for cartoonishly ironic or something.

BM up 6 vs hoffenheim and the games been stopped in the 70 something minute. Some kind of issue in the stands/fans? Players have all left the field and benches. No idea what's going...my son is doing a practice test at home so I have the sound off...closed captioning  isn't explaining anything.

They say it was an offensive banner put up against owner of hoffenheim.

Game back on...I've never seen anything like this. Both teams are just walking slowly amd kicking it around to each other while talking hanging out. I guess until the game finishes.

ETA... And it's pouring rain. With ten minutes left. Absolutely bizarre. 

Had to happen sometime.

Little known fact: "Dejan" is Croatian for "calamity".  Assume Matip passed away overnight for Lovren to get into the side.

Watford could have had a fourth.  Sarr was played in behind the defense, but couldn't finish off the hat trick.  Poor attempt at a finish.  

Watford fans singing, "Can we play you every week?" 😄

Lovren needs to be shipped off Karius-style.  He's never been good and he's fallen off into late-Skrtel quality at this point.  Almost every goal that's surrendered when he plays is around him losing a challenge or not clearing a ball or etc.  Really don't understand why Matip wasn't in for Gomez.

To me, Liverpool's vulnerabilities showed again yesterday. Norwich I thought were a team built on pushing the ball long to pukki in space...short game to open up that run for him and then send him.

Over and over Norwich had guys lining up on Liverpool's high line (a defensive tactic that seemed flawed given norwichs main attacking strength), but instead of the short short long passing, they kept going short, square and back instead of just pushing it through. One of the few times they went long, they flat out should have scored.

Credit to them for defending Salah incredibly well (always doubling or even tripling up on him).

And credit to mane for taking that goal really well. The way firminho was playing, I thought he was going to out in 3 or 4...some filth on his touch yesterday.
The drum I've beating the last month plus...figured an opposing team would capitalize eventually. But never thought Liverpool would play so listlessly...was expecting them to lose in a barnburner showcasing their attack the way they used to- not like this 

The drum I've beating the last month plus...figured an opposing team would capitalize eventually. But never thought Liverpool would play so listlessly...was expecting them to lose in a barnburner showcasing their attack the way they used to- not like this 
LFC have been a bit uninspired since the United game. Probably hard not to be with a 22 point lead, but I’m worried it’s going to carry over to the games that count.  Chelsea in FA and Atletico are both dicey games now. Decent chance there’s nothing to play for 2 weeks from now.

Nashville clearly lacking in quality players but the game was very entertaining.
I thought Nashville played very well and had an absolute blast!

I thought Nash did an excellent job of pushing the ball and defended well at times.  Did seem to lack a goal scorer but I don’t know enough about the mls to know if this will be a one-off or some of these guys will do better against poorer teams. 

I thought Nashville played very well and had an absolute blast!

I thought Nash did an excellent job of pushing the ball and defended well at times.  Did seem to lack a goal scorer but I don’t know enough about the mls to know if this will be a one-off or some of these guys will do better against poorer teams. 
The crowd looked and sounded great. 

My guess is that the team will struggle a bit this year as they are missing a quality play maker.   But who knows.  Half the fun is watching what happens. :)

Users who are viewing this thread