What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Williams, NYJ (1 Viewer)

Tyrell William's is criminally underrated, but much of it is of his own doing. He's got the physical gifts/tools to be a tier below elite, if/when he puts it all together. His ceiling is higher than Mike's imo, from a targets/receptions/yardage standpoint, but as good as he  could be, I dont think he'll ever be the Red Zone special that is Mike. Mike for sure is the priority in standard. He'll earn more value targets, and be more efficient with them..I question, because I dont have enough data, whether he's anything more than a red zone special.Just my opinion in, but I need a bigger sample between the 20's....but in ppr, I'm counting on Tyrell to play more to his potential this year, and would rather grab him at his discount adp and reap profit margin. If that happens, I think their end-season ppr profiles will be remarkably similar, but much cheaper from Tyrell.

Brown, Juju and Washington

Marvin, Tate, Galloday

DT, Sanders, Sutton

I think these teams are in the running but a common theme amongst them is an unproven yet talented commodity.
Yes, and lol no and no.

Why?  The question was best trio of receivers.  Kelce is more WR than TE anyway.

If what you guys are saying is true than LAC is home to the best trio of recievers in the league. It's of course possible but since I haven't seen it yet it's hard for me to make that leap. The only types of players that are better than Tyrell by the margin you guys claim Mike to be are players like Allen. Tyrell could start for a lot of teams. 
LAC certainly has a chance to be top 5, they just lack having done it.  Mike not having any actual production precludes any true claim from holding up, but if I'm creating Madden scores for each guy, LAC are going to be right up there. 

Not sure about this, but I definitely think they are in the running for best quartet, including Benjamin. I'd be interested to hear which teams others think have better trios/quartets.
Brown, Juju and Washington

Marvin, Tate, Galloday

DT, Sanders, Sutton

I think these teams are in the running but a common theme amongst them is an unproven yet talented commodity.
Yeah, this was a more interesting question than I thought.  A lot of teams in flux.  Browns are a wild card

Hankmoody said:
Just Win Baby said:
Why?  The question was best trio of receivers.  Kelce is more WR than TE anyway.
The context of the discussion made me think the point was about WRs. Most people use the term 'receivers' to mean WRs, and when talking more generally about all positions who catch passes use other verbiage, like targets or WRs and TEs, or similar. YMMV :shrug:  

As I said in my post, I think the Chargers have the best quartet of WRs in the league. Trios of WRs are more debatable.

nittanylion said:
Tyrell William's is criminally underrated, but much of it is of his own doing. He's got the physical gifts/tools to be a tier below elite, if/when he puts it all together. His ceiling is higher than Mike's imo, from a targets/receptions/yardage standpoint, but as good as he  could be, I dont think he'll ever be the Red Zone special that is Mike. Mike for sure is the priority in standard. He'll earn more value targets, and be more efficient with them..I question, because I dont have enough data, whether he's anything more than a red zone special.Just my opinion in, but I need a bigger sample between the 20's....but in ppr, I'm counting on Tyrell to play more to his potential this year, and would rather grab him at his discount adp and reap profit margin. If that happens, I think their end-season ppr profiles will be remarkably similar, but much cheaper from Tyrell.
Tyrell's got wheels. His route running and hands have been a problem. Mike and Tyrell just have different skill sets. In the end Rivers is going to focus on the guys who consistently catch the ball, guys he can trust when things get dicey. That's what Gates was even after he became immobile. Allen's role will be the same as always (and he's always an injury risk too), with Henry out, Mike has a chance to be that guy. I don't think Tyrell will get there - he's more Malcom Floyd material. I say this having been a Tyrell fan these past few years. If Mike can't catch any better than Tyrell, he won't surpass him in targets. We'll see. All signs in pre-season are that Mike is growing into that guy though.

Last edited by a moderator:
If what you guys are saying is true than LAC is home to the best trio of receivers in the league. It's of course possible but since I haven't seen it yet it's hard for me to make that leap. The only types of players that are better than Tyrell by the margin you guys claim Mike to be are players like Allen. Tyrell could start for a lot of teams. 
They've actually been discussing this on local radio.  It could be true.

I don't think Tyrell will get there - he's more Malcom Floyd material
Frankly, I think that is a bit insulting to Malcom. I don't say that about numbers, I say that about trust in the WR and his ability to play his position.  :shrug:  

Just Win Baby said:
Frankly, I think that is a bit insulting to Malcom. I don't say that about numbers, I say that about trust in the WR and his ability to play his position.  :shrug:  
I meant that more in terms of role than ability/trust. Floyd was always a distant 3rd in terms of Rivers's attention. He sure did love throwing Floyd the jump ball though.

Got him as my WR4. He went as the #37 WR/TE (combined position) in my draft on Saturday in my 12 team PPR, super-flex redraft (@10.12 in a 16 round draft).

Not thrilled with the Gates signing but I think he's going to prove to be everything the Chargers thought he was when they drafted him #7 overall last year.  I think he's simply better than Tyrell and he's got a shot to finish as a mid/high WR2 and if something happens to Allen the sky is the limit.

Who has the stones to start this dude week 1 in a tasty shootout matchup against a #### stained KC secondary?

(And over whom?)

Considering going with Big Mike over Cobb vs. Chi or Kupp @ Oak. 

Who has the stones to start this dude week 1 in a tasty shootout matchup against a #### stained KC secondary?

(And over whom?)

Considering going with Big Mike over Cobb vs. Chi or Kupp @ Oak. 
Starting him in the flex in full PPR over Josh Gordon, Tevin Coleman and Golladay

Doesn't feel very bold...

Kupp in PPR would be a harder decision I think

Wont get a ton of coverage cause he didn't score, and Tyreek went crazy, but Williams is going to demand more targets.  Kid is really good. 
Thanks for the comment.  I didn’t get to catch much of the game but he looked good on the one drive I saw. 

He is in for me going forward.

Sammy to the bench again, every year like clockwork.

Mike looked to have good hands.

Tyrell and his stumps dropped a wide open TD strike, Benjamin had a bad drop too.

Bump Mike! 

He is in for me going forward.

Sammy to the bench again, every year like clockwork.

Mike looked to have good hands.

Tyrell and his stumps dropped a wide open TD strike, Benjamin had a bad drop too.

Bump Mike! 
Benjamin had a baaad game.

Williams just looked like a man, like Brandon Marshall, or Cris Carter back in the day.  Strong.  

Didn't see the game- was he playing much early? Zero targets in the first 3 quarters of a shoot-out seems strange.

humpback said:
Didn't see the game- was he playing much early? Zero targets in the first 3 quarters of a shoot-out seems strange.
The failed 2-pt conversion in the 2nd quarter was to him, but not an official target

I drafted big Mike in a good number of leagues.  Last week was encouraging output but he played very few overall snaps.  I'm hopeful the high usage on low snap count is a sign of positive things to come.  I didn't like Mike coming out of college, avoided him in my dynasty leagues.  He's sort of the ideal WR to take a chance on in redraft.  I'm interested to see what he does in BUF.

With Tennessee's O-line injuries and Benjamin being out for the Chargers, I am really tempted to put Williams in for Corey Davis this week. The limited snaps for Williams last week is the only thing that scares me.  I think by the end of the season, Williams is going to be the clear-cut number two in San Diego behind Keenan Allen. looked great in preseason and we all know about his career at Clemson. Love the way he seems to always win the 50/50 balls. 

With Tennessee's O-line injuries and Benjamin being out for the Chargers, I am really tempted to put Williams in for Corey Davis this week. The limited snaps for Williams last week is the only thing that scares me.  I think by the end of the season, Williams is going to be the clear-cut number two in San Diego behind Keenan Allen. looked great in preseason and we all know about his career at Clemson. Love the way he seems to always win the 50/50 balls. 
I'm in a similar boat. I am tempted to throw Big Mike in at flex in a few leagues but I need to see that snap count get up a bit before trusting him.  Good luck.

It's a tough one. I'm thinking Buffalo shows up with some fight and pride for their home opener and try to make it a dog fight. Going with Golladay over Mike but to me it's closer than it sounds at 1st I think. 

:confused:

He played 3 less snaps than Benjamin (44-47), and Travis is out this week. 
That's interesting. Thanks. It didn't seem like he was involved at all until late in the game. But I was only following the stats. You just made my Temptation even greater to put him in today. Damn you

That's interesting. Thanks. It didn't seem like he was involved at all until late in the game. But I was only following the stats. You just made my Temptation even greater to put him in today. Damn you
damned if you do, damned if you don't.  In the same boat here.

Users who are viewing this thread