What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Mike Williams, NYJ (5 Viewers)

Chris Simms
Mike Williams, if healthy, should play a huge role in the Jets offense. Line him up outside, downfield threat, and even if he's covered, he's not really covered because of his ability on 50-50 balls and back shoulder throws. Good option opposite Garrett Wilson
Who is Herbert going to throw to and who are the Chargers going to roll out at RB? Is Blake Corum a realistic target for Jim Harbaugh’s new team? Any draft rumors out there?

Who is Herbert going to throw to and who are the Chargers going to roll out at RB? Is Blake Corum a realistic target for Jim Harbaugh’s new team? Any draft rumors out there?

He's my dynasty QB in a very QB-centric 1QB league I'm in. Between Harbaugh and Roman and the Chargers absolutely gutting their receiver corps, I'm not only worried about the situation as I could possibly be or ever have been regarding Herbert, but his value as an asset has plummeted.

This has not been a good offseason for anybody that rosters him as their main QB. I'd post the kicking rock emoji, but I just want to curse.

**** this. It sucks.

eta* Haven't heard anything about replacements. Corum is a realistic but now ill-advised target for Harbaugh. I have heard no draft rumors and am attuned to Twitter/X and a few other places. They really sound like they have no plan to address their WR room. Perhaps they're punting the year because they're in cap purgatory.

He's my dynasty QB in a very QB-centric 1QB league I'm in. Between Harbaugh and Roman and the Chargers absolutely gutting their receiver corps, I'm not only worried about the situation as I could possibly be or ever have been regarding Herbert, but his value as an asset has plummeted.

This has not been a good offseason for anybody that rosters him as their main QB. I'd post the kicking rock emoji, but I just want to curse.

**** this. It sucks.

eta* Haven't heard anything about replacements. Corum is a realistic but now ill-advised target for Harbaugh. I have heard no draft rumors and am attuned to Twitter/X and a few other places. They really sound like they have no plan to address their WR room. Perhaps they're punting the year because they're in cap purgatory.
I don’t buy it. Harbaugh plays to win and is quite good at it. We don’t know his plan but rest assured, he has one. Their cap situation must be much improved with the departures of Allen, Ekeler and Williams.

I don’t buy it. Harbaugh plays to win and is quite good at it. We don’t know his plan but rest assured, he has one. Their cap situation must be much improved with the departures of Allen, Ekeler and Williams.

Fair enough. That "punting on the season" was simply one of the options they have if one looks at it from the outside, and was more my mind wandering and contemplating than concluding anything. I'm not really hanging my hat or digging my heels in regarding their intentions. The here and now is really where it's at, and it's not pretty for Herbert as it stands.

Fair enough. That "punting on the season" was simply one of the options they have if one looks at it from the outside, and was more my mind wandering and contemplating than concluding anything. I'm not really hanging my hat or digging my heels in regarding their intentions. The here and now is really where it's at, and it's not pretty for Herbert as it stands.

I’m with you on the hit for Herbert’s value but I think we all knew Harbaugh’s offense was going to be more conservative than past seasons. But I think that anyone who believes Harbaugh will implement the Michigan offense in the NFL Is being lazy in their offense. The Michigan defense that Minter is implementing does. Translate because it is essentially the Raven’s defense. Go back and look at how Harbaugh coached SF.

Harbaugh compiled a 44-19-1 record in the regular season and went 5-3 in the playoffs.

2011 451 passes 498 rushes
2012 435 passes 492 rushes
2013 417 passes 505 rushes
2014 487 passes 470 rushes

He was essentially a 50/50 guy. But the NFL has changed but last year Baltimore was essentially a 50/50 run/pass team.

But who are the players Harbaugh will lean on? That is the analysis I want to see.

So, they have youngsters Quentin Johnson and Josh Palmer, along with the 5th and 37th picks. If they are optimistic about Johnson and/or Palmer, they can grab one of the top 3 WRs in the draft and perhaps be set at WR for a while. If they use the 5 pick elsewhere, they will probably get one of the top 8 or so rookie WRs with the 37 pick. And they can add talented dart throws from the deep WR class further down the draft. Or they could drop down several spots from the 5 and pick up another 1st round draft pick.

Could they be without a top WR all year? Sure, but they could as easily have a top 7 or 8 WR room by the end of the 2025 draft. Kid WRs burst out every year from later in the draft and NFL rosters change in a hurry. IMO, Herbert makes a lot of good futures possible. Harbaugh's conservative nature is my only big worry about the Bolt's future.

Also it is important to remember who were the players Harbaugh was working with? His QB was Colin Kaepernick who was an, at best, mediocre, passer but a dynamic runner. In 2013 and 2014 Kaepernick, who started all 32 games, rushed 92 and 104 times, respectively.

Herbert won’t run that much. The real questions are what areas of the team need the most immediate work and how do the Chargers address them. Getting rid of older, higher cost players will help with the CAP. But now what holes are going to be addressed first. Is the OL solid? I believe Harbaugh has a plan. I just don’t know what it is.

So, they have youngsters Quentin Johnson and Josh Palmer, along with the 5th and 37th picks. If they are optimistic about Johnson and/or Palmer, they can grab one of the top 3 WRs in the draft and perhaps be set at WR for a while. If they use the 5 pick elsewhere, they will probably get one of the top 8 or so rookie WRs with the 37 pick. And they can add talented dart throws from the deep WR class further down the draft. Or they could drop down several spots from the 5 and pick up another 1st round draft pick.

Could they be without a top WR all year? Sure, but they could as easily have a top 7 or 8 WR room by the end of the 2025 draft. Kid WRs burst out every year from later in the draft and NFL rosters change in a hurry. IMO, Herbert makes a lot of good futures possible. Harbaugh's conservative nature is my only big worry about the Bolt's future.
Who is going to tote the rock. Harbaugh, and the NFL writ large, seem to prefer a 2-back committee approach.

Users who are viewing this thread