What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
rockaction said:
No, that was a very real thing.  Every media outlet harped on that. Let's not have amnesia in the wake of this. It was supposed to show how out of touch he was with women voters. It certainly wasn't about groping women.  

The debate showed that Romney was out of touch with women's issues, but he wasn't what I would call demonized, like Trump is.

The debate showed that Romney was out of touch with women's issues, 
Yeah, that's stupid, and its what folks are getting at.  What Romney was referencing in his "binders" comment is a recognized best-practice in hiring with an eye toward diversity.  Many of the people who were criticizing him at the time undoubtedly knew that.

Last edited by a moderator:
McCain withdraws his support for Trump. 

Ryan?

Bueller? 

:unsure:  
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/08/us/politics/presidential-election.html?_r=0

Mr. McCain, who has criticized Mr. Trump repeatedly, officially withdrew his backing. “I have wanted to support the candidate our party nominated,” he said in a statement. He added: “But Donald Trump’s behavior this week, concluding with the disclosure of his demeaning comments about women and his boasts about sexual assaults, make it impossible to continue to offer even conditional support for his candidacy.”

What exactly is rape culture anyway? I keep seeing this on Twitter today.

GroveDiesel said:
This kind of ridiculous talk is what creates the stupid political environment that we have right now and has given us two candidates who shouldn't even have been in contention.

When perfectly reasonable people are demonized like this simply because you disagree with a few of their stances, each side figures they may as well go to the extreme since every single candidate will be painted as extreme anyway. Stop acting like every politician is really the next Hitler or Dr.Strangelove just because you don't like some of their moral views. It's ignorant and counterproductive.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm going to go ahead and say that the guy who said smoking cigarettes doesn't kill, believes the earth is 6,000 years old, wants to have funerals for fetuses, denies climate change, is pro gay conversation therapy and generally wants to deny the rights of gay people isn't perfectly reasonable. 

In feminist theory, rape culture is a setting in which rape is pervasive and normalized due to societal attitudes about gender and sexuality.
Doesn't the fact that most men are disgusted by the Trump video prove that rape is at least not 'pervasive and normalized'?

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Walter Mondale must be a little excited. Finally someone has a chance to make people forget about his electoral map.
Trump is still going to get almost all of the states Romney got, maybe losing 2-3 more. The US is too polarized now to ever see an election sweep like that.

What are you blathering on about?  I didn't reply to my own question I quoted a definition I posted. 
Looked to me like you were trying to respond to yourself from another account but didn't get the logins straight.  Ill let the mods sort it out. 

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I'm going to go ahead and say that the guy who said smoking cigarettes doesn't kill, believes the earth is 6,000 years old, wants to have funerals for fetuses, denies climate change, is pro gay conversation therapy and generally wants to deny the rights of gay people isn't perfectly reasonable. 
Grove also stated these positions are moral views, which most just aren't.  It's not a moral view that the planet is a handful of billion years old, or that the universe is 14ish billion years old, or that anthropogenic climate change is a real thing, or that cigarette smoking is dangerous to people; those saying such things are moral views is hiding behind religion (or whatever) for whatever bizarre reason.

Trump is in a total bubble right now but he is also desperate and wounded.

Absolutely anything can happen tomorrow. 
Going to be interesting for sure. If I were Hillary's team I would be coming up with a one, two line response to this and bill's past ("we've had our problems and worked through them as best we could to save our marriage") and end it with "all of this business is distracting from the real problems of our country that the voters want us to work on."  Otherwise the debate is going to be an episode of Maury. 

In shocking news to no one at all, a quick peruse through Twitter reveals Trump supporters are nonplussed (informal) by this latest development.

this is what makes people think Trump isn't fit to be President?
No, this is the shameless elite on the right reading the tea leaves and feigning outrage in a last ditch effort to save face.

Most people were already well aware of the fact that Trump is a huge piece of ####.

Just the latest thing.
yeah, but, people even in his own party are calling for him to step down over this. 

seems that maybe would have been something they should have done, i dunno, when he announced he was going to run.

all these "surprise" stories about him aren't new news. people have just been sitting on them. :shrug:

I'll be interested to see what happens here in Utah.  A few days ago 538 had it at 98% Trump.  After this latest debacle the Utah Governor and congressman have both publicly pulled their support for Trump and said they won't vote for him, and probably an even bigger deal Desert News, the LDS paper, just published an article urging Donald Trump to resign from his candidacy and telling people not to vote for him.

FreeBaGeL said:
"man did you see the rack on that girl" is locker room talk. Explicitly detailing how you've sexually assaulted women and describing how you're trying to #### some married woman while your pregnant newly-wed wife sits at home is not. 

To be fair there was some locker room talk mixed in there ("man look at those legs"). The problem is it was mixed in with a whole bunch of confessions about sexual assault and attempted adultery. You know, little things. 
yeah, again, why is Bill's sexual assault different than Trump's?  In fact, one of Bill's accusers even accused him of rape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread