What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official Donald Trump for President thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's funny how that word has come to mean about the exact opposite of it's original meaning.
Yeah.  There is apparently a twitter account that hunts down people that use nonplussed all willy nilly.  He's a good dog.

PlasmaDogPlasma said:
Walter Mondale must be a little excited. Finally someone has a chance to make people forget about his electoral map.
538: The Bottom Could Fall Out for Trump

Perhaps the most relevant piece of context, however, is that Trump was extremely unpopular to begin with. In our national polling average, he’s varied between having 36 percent of the vote and 41 percent and was at about 40 percent heading into the weekend. That’s awfully low for our modern, highly partisan era, in which all major-party nominees since 2000 have received at least 46 percent of the vote. Clinton isn’t doing great either, but at about 45 percent in national polls, she’s closer to the normal range.

True, both candidates also figure to pick up some undecided or third-party support and finish higher than their current raw numbers — but put a pin in that thought for a moment.

On the one hand, the fact that Trump’s support was so low to begin with could presumably mitigate the damage to him. If you’re only getting 40 percent of the vote, the voters you do have are probably pretty committed to you — and Trump has some passionate supporters.

On the other hand, the fact that Trump has only 40 percent of the vote means that the downside for him is awfully far down. What if he doesn’t win over any undecideds, and 40 percent turns out to be more of a ceiling than a floor? Trump’s unfavorable rating was approaching 60 percent even before the “hot mic” tape surfaced, which means he was already running into a headwind in terms of picking up additional support. Furthermore, he’s targeted a narrow slice of the electorate instead of a majority coalition. Hedoesn’t have much of a ground game to turn out his marginal voters, and, especially if he’s losing in the polls, they could decide that it just isn’t worth the time to vote.

If Trump gets stuck at 40 percent of the vote, you could wind up with an outcome like Clinton 51 percent, Trump 40 percent, Gary Johnson 7 percent, Jill Stein and others 2 percent, or something of that nature. That is, a double-digit win for Clinton, which could potentially yield somewhere around 400 votes for her in the Electoral College, and make states as exotic as Texas and Alaska competitive.

That outcome might seem far-fetched. But in an election with high uncertainty, it shouldn’t be. Even before the “hot mic” tape, our model gave Clinton a 5 to 6 percentage point lead, and the error in the forecast is roughly symmetric. The polls could move by 5 or 6 points toward Trump, giving him a narrow win, or — equally likely, per our model — they could move by 5 or 6 points toward Clinton, giving her a double-digit margin. To put it another way, a Clinton landslide is no more far-fetched than a Trump victory — and given the events of the past 24 hours, probably less so.

What if he doesn’t win over any undecideds
"Gee, I wasn't sure whether to vote for Trump this whole time but now that I know he wants to #### my wife and grab my daughter in the ##### I have to vote for him!"

:lmao:

Why do you need tapes?  They have all come out and directly accused Bill.  Aren't you on the side that believes that all sexual assault victims deserve to be believed?
Are you defending Trump? Is he a horrible person, ya know, like Bill? Who is not running for President.

God, this is going to look terrible for the soulless fools who actually supported Trump all this time. Between forums and facebook, it's not like our parents / grandparents who could just lie about voting for Nixon.  We will know where you stood on the matter of the most unqualified and disgusting major candidate in our lifetimes.  Thank god we will have a record to speak for itself.  

Unadulterated, unfiltered and unfettered support for a sexist, racist, misogynistic narcissist.  On the record.  That will have some payback for some time to come, I expect. 

Are you defending Trump? Is he a horrible person, ya know, like Bill? Who is not running for President.

God, this is going to look terrible for the soulless fools who actually supported Trump all this time. Between forums and facebook, it's not like our parents / grandparents who could just lie about voting for Nixon.  We will know where you stood on the matter of the most unqualified and disgusting major candidate in our lifetimes.  Thank god we will have a record to speak for itself.  

Unadulterated, unfiltered and unfettered support for a sexist, racist, misogynistic narcissist.  On the record.  That will have some payback for some time to come, I expect. 
Yet Bill Clinton was elected President not once, but twice!!!!!  Amazing, isn't it?

And clarify one thing for me here:  Where do you think I stand on Trump?

Yet Bill Clinton was elected President not once, but twice!!!!!  Amazing, isn't it?

1. This is not about Bill Clinton.  Which was my point. 

2. I honestly don't know.  Just know you are trying to throw red herrings (a past President) rather than discuss the topic at hand (Donald Trump and his behaviors toward women, in this case).

Yet, you keep bringing it up as if it helps anything.

Tell us again how you, a guy who doesnt like Trump, and wont vite for him yet you will serve some crow.
Huh?  If Trump wins you don't think there won't be crow served here?  Doesn't have to be me, but the bragging by the liberals certainly demands that crow will be eaten.

You make a lot of incorrect assumptions.
I did couch it in a question which really is less of an assumption and more of a, y'know, question.

However, if you feel that was an assumption then I did not mean to assume you agreed that sexual assault victims deserve to be believed.  

Bill Clinton is none of the things you bolded. Well, narcissist maybe :lol:  but what president isn't.

Huh?  If Trump wins you don't think there won't be crow served here?  Doesn't have to be me, but the bragging by the liberals certainly demands that crow will be eaten.
Trust me, if Trump wins, eating crow will be about the 119th worst thing we will have to deal with.

Something very important has been glossed over in this thread..

Cruz obviously picked the most inopportune time to ditch his guise of being principled and having morals to endorse Trump. I'm ####### ecstatic that Cruz doesn't come out on top here. 

Do you really think Trump is going to win?  If you do, you can quadruple your money. 

Hell, quintuple it with me, I'll give you 5-1

yeah, again, why is Bill's sexual assault different than Trump's?  In fact, one of Bill's accusers even accused him of rape.
Both Bill and Trump have sexual assault allegations against them.  Trump's is different in one sense because he's the only one of the two that essentially admitted and bragged about committing those offenses.  Crudely, no less.

The other major difference is that people had already voted when Bill's allegations went mainstream.  There is a difference between trying to impeach someone not legally convicted of a crime and deciding morally that person shouldn't get your vote.  Had Bill's allegations come out prior to the election he certainly would have lost votes over it, even without bragging about it being true.  There simply wasn't anything that a regular joe could do about it with Bill.  There is with Trump.

One other issue is that hypocrisy is only being charged one way here but it's being committed both ways and arguably to a greater extent the other way.  That is, the people that once said merely having an affair (before sexual assault allegations actually came out) was an impeachable offense are now defending and voting for someone that has had numerous affairs, has sexual allegations against him, and has vulgarly bragged about committing those offenses.

I wonder how many guys are going to dress up as Trump this year as an excuse to grab women in the #####?

Both Bill and Trump have sexual assault allegations against them.  Trump's is different in one sense because he's the only one of the two that essentially admitted and bragged about committing those offenses.  Crudely, no less.

The other major difference is that people had already voted when Bill's allegations went mainstream.  There is a difference between trying to impeach someone not legally convicted of a crime and deciding morally that person shouldn't get your vote.  Had Bill's allegations come out prior to the election he certainly would have lost votes over it, even without bragging about it being true.  There simply wasn't anything that a regular joe could do about it with Bill.  There is with Trump.

One other issue is that hypocrisy is only being charged one way here but it's being committed both ways and arguably to a greater extent the other way.  That is, the people that once said merely having an affair (before sexual assault allegations actually came out) was an impeachable offense are now defending and voting for someone that has had numerous affairs, has sexual allegations against him, and has vulgarly bragged about committing those offenses.
I don't think any reasonable person said that an affair was impeachable.

Bill Clinton was being sued for sexual harassment.  As part of the evidence gathering phase of that court case. Bill Clinton lied under oath, pressured others to lie under oath and directed people to destroy evidence.  It was that felonious behavior that got him impeached.

I don't think any reasonable person said that an affair was impeachable.

Bill Clinton was being sued for sexual harassment.  As part of the evidence gathering phase of that court case. Bill Clinton lied under oath, pressured others to lie under oath and directed people to destroy evidence.  It was that felonious behavior that got him impeached.
That's what GOT him impeached, but you've lost your flipping mind if you don't think there weren't a bajillion Republicans calling for it as soon as the Lewinsky thing came out.

FOX news just reported Trump left Trump towers moments ago. In the video they showed, the sky was a little cloudy. Um, it should be dark in New York right now. FOX doctoring video again. 

That's what GOT him impeached, but you've lost your flipping mind if you don't think there weren't a bajillion Republicans calling for it as soon as the Lewinsky thing came out.
When the Lewinsky thing came out the story was that he lied under oath

go ahead and find me reasonable people that said that an affair was a high crime and/or misdemeanor worthy of imoeachment.

it was always the perjury, subornation of perjury and destruction of evidence attempting to cheat a woman of her day in court.

Assume for a minute he is elected, how long do you think it would be before he would be impeached (for this, or anything)

Ramsay Hunt Experience said:
You act as if history began in 2015.  The Republican Party actively pushed resentment against immigrants, resentment against minorities, pushed for "law and order" policies.  And of course, they've fetishized the idea of "projecting American strength" overseas.  They've spent decades propagating those messages.  And you want to absolve them of responsibility when a guy from outside their clubhouse comes in and appeals to the very element they worked so hard to recruit to their side.

When the primary for the "party of small government" can be won by a guy who pretty much believes in anything but limited government, you have to wonder how much of that party's message has been about limited government and how much has been about just demonizing anything a Democrat did over the past few decades.  And now it's a surprise that a guy can get a base in that party by doing birther stuff?   Who in the party stood up against that? 
Your post shows that you completely misread the situation.   No matter how many likes your post gets from other like-minded people who also just want to rail against the other team does not make your post correct in any way.

The reality is that Trump received most of his support from people who left the Republican Party or felt alienated by the Republican Party specifically because that party refused to take Trump's hardline stances that you falsely attribute to that party. 

Republicans like Bush called Islam the "Religion of Peace", and other elected Republicans tip-toed around the issue of equating terrorism with Islam.  People gravitated toward Trump specifically because he took a hardline stance on the issue that other candidates and the Republican Party on the whole refused to take.

Republicans talked about illegal immigration, but did little to stop it.  Further, Republicans seldom talked in as stark terms about illegal immigrants as Trump.  People gravitated toward Trump specifically because he took a hardline stance on the issue that other candidates and the Republican Party on the whole refused to take.

Republicans talked about inner city crime, but were always hestitant to speak about the demographics of that crime for fear of being called names by emotional people adverse to facts.  People gravitated toward Trump specifically because he talked in ore true terms about the dynamics of that crime.

If Trump's views were a natural extension to the party then why did the party try to distance itself fro Trump?  Why didn't all the Republican candidates say similar things and take similar positions?

You talk of Trump being borne out of what the Republican Party was saying, but the reality is that Trump was borne out of what the Republican Party was not saying and refused to say even though a humongous portion of the population, and particularly their base, held those legitimate beliefs.  

You talk about Trump being an extension of the Republican Party's "projecting American strength" overseas, but part of the reason why the Republican Party dislikes Trump is because he has enunciated a more paleo-conservative, isolationist foreign policy as opposed to the neo-conservative, interventionist foreign policy that has been the Republican's foreign policy for decades and you're more apt to see from Clinton.

"When the primary for the "party of small government" can be won by a guy who pretty much believes in anything but limited government you have to wonder how much of that party's message has been about limited government and how much has been about just demonizing anything a Democrat did over the past few decades."

And you don't think much of the Democrat Party's message over the decades has been demonizing the Republican Party and holding itself out as a contrast to it?  That's the nature of the two party system, man.  You're not dumb so you must be so blinded by your ideology to not see or not be honest that your team plays a similar game. 

Bill Clinton’s Assault Victims Speak Out: Trump said bad things! Hillary threatened me after Bill raped me

Jim Hoft Oct 8th, 2016 3:16 pm 49 Comments

After the audio release Friday of Donald Trump talking about p*ssy Bill Clinton’s sexual assault victims are speaking out.

Republicans aren't about controlling women with their hands.  They use laws to control women.  Silly Donald.

Pence 'cannot defend' Trump remarks, skips campaign event

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/10/08/pence-says-he-cant-defend-trumps-comments/91791182/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

"Hollywood actor and former Republican California Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger sent out a statement on Twitter on Saturday saying he could not support Trump for president."

Lewd Donald Trump Tape Is a Breaking Point for Many in the G.O.P.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/09/us/politics/donald-trump-campaign.html

"And in an unheard-of rebuke by a running mate, Gov. Mike Pence of Indiana, the Republican vice-presidential candidate, declined to appear on Mr. Trump’s behalf at a party gathering in Wisconsin and offered him something of an ultimatum on Saturday afternoon.

Mr. Pence said in a statement he was “offended by the words and actions described by Donald Trump” in the video, and cast Mr. Trump’s second debate with Hillary Clinton, on Sunday, as an urgent moment to turn around the campaign.

“I do not condone his remarks and cannot defend them,” Mr. Pence said, adding, “We pray for his family and look forward to the opportunity he has to show what is in his heart when he goes before the nation tomorrow night.”

By early evening, no fewer than 35 Republican members of Congress and governors who had not previously ruled out supporting Mr. Trump disavowed his candidacy, an unprecedented desertion by the institutional Republican Party of its own standard-bearer."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread