Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
spider321

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Dez said:

Price check on Sony Michel...because I been trying to move him and no one wants this dude.  What an awful pick this was that year when everyone was taking all those RB's 1-8 in a row leaving DJ Moore, Calvin Ridley and Cortland Sutton for the teams at the end of round 1.

Besides Barkley and Chubb the other 6 have not done much in the 2 years meanwhile those 3 WR's values have sky rocketed. 

Everyone always wants to take the RB's but sometimes it's the WRs that you want to get.  They last a lot longer in most cases as well.

He just went for a 2021 3rd in one league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

 

 

2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

or he blows up this year and breaks out. 

I think that ship has sailed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Boston said:

I don't see anyone giving up too much for him, he has almost no buzz to him right now...you are probably just better off keeping him and hoping he can give you some quality depth to your RB unit...while he did not look good last year he still has a very good opportunity to be productive this year as the Pats did not draft a RB or add a vet in free agency (they added JJ Taylor as a UDFA but with his size he would probably have a different role if he works out)...the x-factor is Damien Harris but even if he is legit I gotta believe Michel still gets some carries although it would kill any upside, if Harris is not legit then Michel is their primary ball-carrier by default...as I always say once the injuries start piling up during the season a guy like Michel who is not too appealing right now may be able to bail you out of some weeks...also he is only 25 and did have over 900 yards both seasons as well as 6 and 7 TDs, the big issue with him is he is pretty much useless in the receiving games so he never gets those add-on points which can turn a bad week into a semi-decent week so his weekly floor can be a killer.

In HyperActive 1 I traded Michel and the .2.09 for the 2.03 and took Aiyuk.  In Ultimate Fantasy Dynasty devy league I traded Michel, the 2.12, and a 2021 2nd rd pick (I won last year) for the 2.03 and I took Kyle Pitts TE Florida.  In Hall of Fame Dynasty I traded Michel and the 3.05 for a 2021 2nd rd pick.  In Fantasy Legends II I traded Michel, Montgomery, and James Washington for the 1.05 and took CeeDee Lamb.

Edited by JohnnyU
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

In HyperActive 1 I traded Michel and the .2.09 for the 2.03 and took Aiyuk.  In Ultimate Fantasy Dynasty devy league I traded Michel, the 2.12, and a 2021 2nd rd pick (I won last year) for the 2.03 and I took Kyle Pitts TE Florida.  In Hall of Fame Dynasty I traded Michel and the 3.05 for a 2021 2nd rd pick.  In Fantasy Legends II I traded Michel, Montgomery, and James Washington for the 1.05 and took CeeDee Lamb.

Good examples of where his value is at which is not much...the thought of him moving you up only 6 spots in the second round this time last year would seem almost laughable but that is where he is...nice move on that last one, unless Montgomery shows a lot more this year the other guy is gonna really regret that one...not really sure what his thinking on that one is as the downside on this trade is pretty obvious.

Edited by Boston

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am rebuilding, what is a reasonable asking price for Levon Bell to be dealt to a contender in rookie picks?  1.10?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Matt's Eagles said:

I am rebuilding, what is a reasonable asking price for Levon Bell to be dealt to a contender in rookie picks?  1.10?

1.10 is reasonable IMO.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Matt's Eagles said:

I am rebuilding, what is a reasonable asking price for Levon Bell to be dealt to a contender in rookie picks?  1.10?

I always like to get a throw in player with the pick. Someone everyone is more down on than me.....so like a Darrell Henderson. 

Edited by Milkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McClaurin vs. Slayton 

Who is in a better situation and why?

I know Mclaurin looked real good last season but Slayton looked good too, and is much cheaper right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Mark Football said:

McClaurin vs. Slayton 

Who is in a better situation and why?

I know Mclaurin looked real good last season but Slayton looked good too, and is much cheaper right now.

McLaurin is the primary and almost only option.

Slayton is in the mix of nearly a dozen.

Advantage McLaurin.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, RC94 said:

Has anyone seen any trades involving McLauren?  I haven't in any of my leagues. 

Evans and 1.07

for

McLaurin, 1.03, 2.03, 3.11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BradtheAg said:

Evans and 1.07

for

McLaurin, 1.03, 2.03, 3.11

That's a very interesting trade. I think I take the Evan's side but if you're in love with Dobbins or one of the 1st round WR I can see liking the other side. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Team A: trades two 2021 #1s ( both est. 1.01-1.03)

Team B: receives 2020 1.04

Dynasty, draft in August still to come. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, robb said:

Team A: trades two 2021 #1s ( both est. 1.01-1.03)

Team B: receives 2020 1.04

Dynasty, draft in August still to come. 

 

 

2 21 1sts if that's where they indeed end up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ended up flipping Michel + picks 20 and 47 for pick 10.

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 10:41 AM, Boone22 said:

I agree with you.  As an example.  A.J. Brown out scored McLaurin in my dynasty league by 3 points. 194 vs. 191.  But McLaurin missed 1 game while Brown missed ZERO.  And yet according to some sites (see below), Brown is ranked as WR11 in dynasty while McLaurin is all the way down at 25...why?

 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/dynasty-wr.php

http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/viewrankings-dynasty.php?viewpos=wr&howrecent=35

 

This is pretty interesting.

To answer your question Brown is 2 years younger than McClaurin and he has a more experienced QB to work with than McClaurin does.

I think that is too big of a gap to be reasonable, and that Brown is likely being over valued.

The both had fantastic rookie years. I was just looking at how good their rookie years were compared to all rookie seasons since 2000 with 900 or more receiving yards.

1	Keenan Allen	2013	21	3-76	SDG	NFL	15	14	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						105	71	1046	14.73	8	69.7	67.6%	9.96
2	Odell Beckham	2014	22	1-12	NYG	NFL	12	11	0	1	0.00	0	0	0		0	0.00	39.6	0	0	0.0%	0.00	0.00	0.00	0.0						130	91	1305	14.34	12	108.8	70.0%	10.04
3	Kelvin Benjamin	2014	23	1-28	CAR	NFL	16	15	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						145	73	1008	13.81	9	63.0	50.3%	6.95
4	Anquan Boldin	2003	23	2-54	ARI	NFL	16	16	0	1	0.00	0	0	1		0	100.00	0.0	0	0	0.0%	0.00	-45.00	-45.00	0.0	0	0	0			165	101	1377	13.63	8	86.1	61.2%	8.35
5	Dwayne Bowe	2007	23	1-23	KAN	NFL	16	15	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0	0	0	0			116	70	995	14.21	5	62.2	60.3%	8.58
6	A.J. Brown	2019	22	2-51	TEN	NFL	16	11	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						84	52	1051	20.21	8	65.7	61.9%	12.51
7	Michael Clayton	2004	22	1-15	TAM	NFL	16	13	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0	0	0	0			122	80	1193	14.91	7	74.6	65.6%	9.78
8	Marques Colston	2006	23	7-252	NOR	NFL	14	12	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0	0	0	0			115	70	1038	14.83	8	74.1	60.9%	9.03
9	Amari Cooper	2015	21	1-4	OAK	NFL	16	15	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						130	72	1070	14.86	6	66.9	55.4%	8.23
10	Mike Evans	2014	21	1-7	TAM	NFL	15	15	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						122	68	1051	15.46	12	70.1	55.7%	8.61
11	A.J. Green	2011	23	1-4	CIN	NFL	15	15	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						115	65	1057	16.26	7	70.5	56.5%	9.19
12	DeSean Jackson	2008	22	2-49	PHI	NFL	16	15	0	1	0.00	0	0	1		0	100.00	0.0	0	0	0.0%	0.00	-45.00	-45.00	0.0	0	0	0			120	62	912	14.71	2	57.0	51.7%	7.60
13	Andre Johnson	2003	22	1-3	HOU	NFL	16	16	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0	0	0	0			119	66	976	14.79	4	61.0	55.5%	8.20
14	Julio Jones	2011	22	1-6	ATL	NFL	13	13	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						95	54	959	17.76	8	73.8	56.8%	10.09
15	Terry McLaurin	2019	24	3-76	WAS	NFL	14	14	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						93	58	919	15.84	7	65.6	62.4%	9.88
16	D.K. Metcalf	2019	22	2-64	SEA	NFL	16	15	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						100	58	900	15.52	7	56.3	58.0%	9.00
17	Eddie Royal	2008	22	2-42	DEN	NFL	15	15	0	1	0.00	0	0	0		0	0.00	39.6	0	0	0.0%	0.00	0.00	0.00	0.0	0	0	0			129	91	980	10.77	5	65.3	70.5%	7.60
18	JuJu Smith-Schuster	2017	21	2-62	PIT	NFL	14	7	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						79	58	917	15.81	7	65.5	73.4%	11.61
19	Michael Thomas	2016	23	2-47	NOR	NFL	15	12	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						121	92	1137	12.36	9	75.8	76.0%	9.40
20	Sammy Watkins	2014	21	1-4	BUF	NFL	16	16	0	0		0	0	0					0	0					0.0						128	65	982	15.11	6	61.4	50.8%	7.67
Rk	Player	Year	Age	Draft	Tm	Lg	G	GS	Cmp	Att	Cmp%	Yds	TD	Int	Pick6	TD%	Int%	Rate	Sk	Yds	Sk%	Y/A	AY/A	ANY/A	Y/G	W	L	T	4QC	GWD	Tgt	Rec	Yds	Y/R	TD	Y/G	Ctch%	Y/Tgt
21	Mike Williams	2010	23	4-101	TAM	NFL	16	16	0	0	

There are a few one year wonders in here but for the most part pretty good company to be in.

Also a promising sign for DK Metcalf. What is his ADP right now?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thoughts on Joe Mixon’s value? I feel that he’s pretty undervalued after a bit of an underwhelming season last year. That being said, I love his talent and workload, I think the Bengals offense will be much improved and score more with Burrow under center and their OL should be better than last year’s disaster after a couple of FA signings (would be even better if they sign Warford) + Jonah Williams being healthy this season.

I recently traded for 1.01 because I got an offer that was too good to pass up but is flipping that too much for Mixon? My team is ready to win now and while I have strong RB’s (Saquon, Chubb), my depth is very poor and Mixon could start for me in the FLEX over Robert Woods, as well as give me insurance in case Saquon or Chubb gets hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Thoughts on Joe Mixon’s value? I feel that he’s pretty undervalued after a bit of an underwhelming season last year. That being said, I love his talent and workload, I think the Bengals offense will be much improved and score more with Burrow under center and their OL should be better than last year’s disaster after a couple of FA signings (would be even better if they sign Warford) + Jonah Williams being healthy this season.

I recently traded for 1.01 because I got an offer that was too good to pass up but is flipping that too much for Mixon? My team is ready to win now and while I have strong RB’s (Saquon, Chubb), my depth is very poor and Mixon could start for me in the FLEX over Robert Woods, as well as give me insurance in case Saquon or Chubb gets hurt.

I'd trade the 1.01 for Mixon. Think he's in line for a huge year. There is some holdout risk here though. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I'd trade the 1.01 for Mixon. Think he's in line for a huge year. There is some holdout risk here though. 

Seems like the Bengals want to sign him long term and I’d think they wouldn’t want to have a distraction + key player held out for their franchise QB’s rookie season which makes me feel better about the potential holdout situation.

I’m thinking I’m going to offer 1.01 straight up to the Mixon owner and see what he says.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Seems like the Bengals want to sign him long term and I’d think they wouldn’t want to have a distraction + key player held out for their franchise QB’s rookie season which makes me feel better about the potential holdout situation.

I’m thinking I’m going to offer 1.01 straight up to the Mixon owner and see what he says.

 

12 minutes ago, Milkman said:

I'd trade the 1.01 for Mixon. Think he's in line for a huge year. There is some holdout risk here though. 

I gotta figure after the Bell and Gordon holdouts, along with what happened with Gurley, that every single agent (that wasn't already on this wavelength already) in the sports world took a collective breath and said "never again". I just can't imagine him holding out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, barackdhouse said:

 Igotta figure after the Bell and Gordon holdouts, along with what happened with Gurley, that every single agent (that wasn't already on this wavelength already) in the sports world took a collective breath and said "never again". I just can't imagine him holding out. 

Elliot's holdout was a success for him but I see no way on earth Mixon is holding out for more then 5 days. Really just no way you can anymore under the new CBA, especially when you are in the last year of your deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I wouldn't give up Mixon for 1.01 because why?  So you can maybe get a guy that might transition as well as he did?  Unless my team is desperate and I need the homerun that Mixon isn't (he ain't Barkley or CMc) but the 1.01 could be (if CEH is actually Westbrook in that offense, or Taylor gets bellcow work behind that line and a real QB to keep the D honest) I would just stay with the known.  He's super talented and has produced nicely and improved and now that team might be improving too.  No reason to move that for what could be a Trent Richardson or a Leonard Fournette type arch.  Rookies bust and we know Mixon isn't.

Edited by Hankmoody
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Biabreakable said:

This is pretty interesting.

To answer your question Brown is 2 years younger than McClaurin and he has a more experienced QB to work with than McClaurin does.

Just two quick comments;

1) McLaurin is only 24 so while you’re right that he’s two years older than Brown, does that really matter at that age?

2) People keep talking about Haskins being inexperienced and just plain “bad” but to me, that makes McLaurin’s performance EVEN more impressive.  Imagine if he was playing with Tannehill, like Brown did?   
 

Im not saying I disagree with your comments because I absolutely see your points.  I’m just don’t think either explain that drastic of a gap between the two (which you mentioned as well so I think we pretty much align) 🤝

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Just two quick comments;

1) McLaurin is only 24 so while you’re right that he’s two years older than Brown, does that really matter at that age?

2) People keep talking about Haskins being inexperienced and just plain “bad” but to me, that makes McLaurin’s performance EVEN more impressive.  Imagine if he was playing with Tannehill, like Brown did?   
 

Im not saying I disagree with your comments because I absolutely see your points.  I’m just don’t think either explain that drastic of a gap between the two (which you mentioned as well so I think we pretty much align) 🤝

Plus Haskins and McLaren were college teammates. That helps. 

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Hankmoody said:

 Leonard Fournette type arch.  Rookies bust and we know Mixon isn't.

 

I actually think Fournette has had a better fantasy career then Mixon so far so I can't call Fournette a bust and say Mixon is not. I would personally label both of them as disappointing so far, but for me Mixon has been more so.

That's not the same thing as saying Fournette does not stand a much higher chance of spiraling down and becoming a bust more then Mixon. That's something else entirely, of course I like Mixon's future more.  But that, like pick  how pick 1.1 will perform, is a projection.

I'm not sure what I'd do if offered 1.1 for Mixon because my point here is not to defend Fournette but to say Mixon was one of the biggest busts of the year last year, is giving his owners an underwhelming 13.95 fantasy points in his career with one low end RB1 performance on his resume.  Him being a stud or elite fantasy prospect, like whoever you draft at 1.1, remains a projection.  Again I would not call Mixon a bust, but he's not performed like a stud either for fantasy purposes.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

Just two quick comments;

1) McLaurin is only 24 so while you’re right that he’s two years older than Brown, does that really matter at that age?

I dont think the age difference matters that much as far as their career path and what they can do this season and the near future. WR tend to peak in their performance at age 26 to 28 and then a shallow decline until 32 years old where the decline gets steeper historically.

It does matter if you are looking at things from the view of break out age and what those studies say about a players odds to have a successful career. The younger prospects having a better chance of having a good career.

I am not saying I agree with that specifically when it comes to McClaurin having worse odds of having a good career for FF. I just acknowledge this perception exists and may continue to exist based on the difference of the players ADP.

I think you make a good point that perhaps we shouldn't still be evaluating these players through such a lens when they have already proven to be performers in their rookie seasons. That is why I brought up the list of WR who had 900 yards or more in their rookie seasons. It is a pretty short list. 21 players. Being curious I looked at all WR going back to 1990 and that only adds 5 more players. Randy Moss, Terry Glenn, Joey Galloway, Kevin Johnson and Eddie Kennison.

53% of this sample has happened in the last 10 seasons. So the NFL changes have caused more WR hit this 900 yard threshold as rookies than they had prior to 2010.

Going back to the age question. Only two WR in this sample were 24 years old as rookies. McClaurin and Joey Galloway. 58% of the guys who did this as rookies were 22 or younger in their rookie season.

50% of these players were 1st round picks. 31% of them were 2nd round picks, McClaurin and Keenan Allen were the only 3rd round picks. 

To answer your question the age matters differently to different people.

2 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

2) People keep talking about Haskins being inexperienced and just plain “bad” but to me, that makes McLaurin’s performance EVEN more impressive.  Imagine if he was playing with Tannehill, like Brown did?   

I am still trying to come to grips with this alternate reality where Ryan Tannehill is considered to be a good QB. Small sample size. But the QB do seem to play their best football age 28-32 which is the window he is in right now.

2 minutes ago, Boone22 said:

m not saying I disagree with your comments because I absolutely see your points.  I’m just don’t think either explain that drastic of a gap between the two (which you mentioned as well so I think we pretty much align) 🤝

Yeah I don;t think the age and draft position are enough to justify the gap in value. At the same time I am looking at why people may be so high on AJ Brown and how reasonable that is.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Tried to get Kareem Hunt and Tony Pollard for a mid first-round pick in 2021. Guy needed to hold Hunt.

It doesn't fit the calculators, but I really don't blame him. If you've held Hunt for this long, he's just about at free agency this next year, so why not see where he goes. IMO, Hunt's value can only increase as time moves along. Get him now. 

eta* I should say I tried to get Higbee, too, but it was an initial offer and no counter-offer was sent in regard to anyone. He's jus' holding. 

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

mmm Higbee

Gotta love some Higbee, I guess. That was really what he said. Wasn't gonna move Higbee. Or Hunt, for that matter.

I dunno, guy drafted ninth, so finished in fourth. What the heck do I know? I only know I was pretty clear in stating that I was really interested in Hunt and Pollard. Pollard went unmentioned in his response, though he had earlier won auctions for two Dallas rookie RBs at a buck a pop.

I'm the guy who rosters Elliott. Is he trying to tell me something?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, IHEARTFF said:

Not sure, but I think Pollard is key for Zeke owners if they can get him.

Yeah, I just tried.

What would a price check on Tony Pollard be, then?

A mid first-rounder for he and Hunt was a pretty significant offer.  Calcs have me losing by a lot in that deal, but I'd still take it.

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I just tried.

What would a price check on Tony Pollard be, then?

A mid first-rounder for he and Hunt was a pretty significant offer.  Calcs have me losing by a lot in that deal, but I'd still take it.

Yeah that's a hefty price. Not sure of Pollard alone. Probably ahead of Zach Moss so early 2ndish.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Yeah, I just tried.

What would a price check on Tony Pollard be, then?

A mid first-rounder for he and Hunt was a pretty significant offer.  Calcs have me losing by a lot in that deal, but I'd still take it.

Hunt is super undervalued. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Milkman said:

Hunt is super undervalued. 

What's your value, then?

That he is undervalued is sort of what I'm saying by both word and deed.

I don't think he's undervalued in redraft, but he's a free agent after the year. Somebody will sign him. If Ke'Shawn doesn't work out in Tampa, I could see him there easily. Hunt does it all in the backfield. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, rockaction said:

What's your value, then?

That he is undervalued is sort of what I'm saying by both word and deed.

I don't think he's undervalued in redraft, but he's a free agent after the year. Somebody will sign him. If Ke'Shawn doesn't work out in Tampa, I could see him there easily. Hunt does it all in the backfield. 

I agree Hunt is a buy so you can hopefully sell the news of his pending free agency, but you are already offering a premium pick. Not sure you will be able to turn a profit.

You may be better off trying to get Pollard for something else.

I would try to ask him what players you have that he would be willing to trade Pollard for and go from there.

I dont think him not mentioning Pollard means anything.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

Tried to get Kareem Hunt and Tony Pollard for a mid first-round pick in 2021. Guy needed to hold Hunt.

It doesn't fit the calculators, but I really don't blame him. If you've held Hunt for this long, he's just about at free agency this next year, so why not see where he goes. IMO, Hunt's value can only increase as time moves along. Get him now. 

eta* I should say I tried to get Higbee, too, but it was an initial offer and no counter-offer was sent in regard to anyone. He's jus' holding. 

Hunt will only decrease in value from here on out.  Even if he goes somewhere in FA, he's either going to a committee or being "the guy" for 2 months and the draft torpedo's all value.  There is no upside.  Nobody is going to pay him as a dominant workload type of player.  Those days have set sail.  I would have gladly taken your 1st for those 2.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

Hunt will only decrease in value from here on out.  Even if he goes somewhere in FA, he's either going to a committee or being "the guy" for 2 months and the draft torpedo's all value.  There is no upside.  Nobody is going to pay him as a dominant workload type of player.  Those days have set sail.  I would have gladly taken your 1st for those 2.  

Wow, we really disagree then. That would make us perfect trading partners! Would you throw in Higbee? ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

What's your value, then?

That he is undervalued is sort of what I'm saying by both word and deed.

I don't think he's undervalued in redraft, but he's a free agent after the year. Somebody will sign him. If Ke'Shawn doesn't work out in Tampa, I could see him there easily. Hunt does it all in the backfield. 

He's an proven player that has played at an elite level. I think he's better than Chubb. He could push Chubb off the field. Unlikely but possible. He's more versatile and he's going to be "the" free agent RB to sign next year. I think you're right he's someone you want to try an acquire right now before his value spikes. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

I agree Hunt is a buy so you can hopefully sell the news of his pending free agency, but you are already offering a premium pick. Not sure you will be able to turn a profit.

You may be better off trying to get Pollard for something else.

I would try to ask him what players you have that he would be willing to trade Pollard for and go from there.

I dont think him not mentioning Pollard means anything.

Thanks. I agree with this. I was already offering a premium for him. There's really no there there unless we hit mid-year and he's trying to win now and I have guys that are win-now mode. 

Yeah, I sort of figured that asking about Pollard alone was the next step. But I immediately know on my roster who fits perfectly and I really don't want to part with either of those two just yet.

I agree it means nothing. I asked with a tone in my head that was joking. I couldn't really believe that he'd picked up two Cowboys running backs at auction and didn't have the guy to cuff them to, that's all. 

Edited by rockaction

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bucsfan5493 said:

Thoughts on Joe Mixon’s value? I feel that he’s pretty undervalued after a bit of an underwhelming season last year. That being said, I love his talent and workload, I think the Bengals offense will be much improved and score more with Burrow under center and their OL should be better than last year’s disaster after a couple of FA signings (would be even better if they sign Warford) + Jonah Williams being healthy this season.

I recently traded for 1.01 because I got an offer that was too good to pass up but is flipping that too much for Mixon? My team is ready to win now and while I have strong RB’s (Saquon, Chubb), my depth is very poor and Mixon could start for me in the FLEX over Robert Woods, as well as give me insurance in case Saquon or Chubb gets hurt.

I have Mixon in my highest stakes league and am relatively excited about his upside on the new Bengals offense but I'm not sure "undervalued" is the word I would use here.

His startup ADP is 1.09 as RB6 despite his career best finish being RB10 aka a low RB1.

He had a down year last year, is a year older, is on the last year of his contract, and his threatening holdout yet his startup ADP has actually risen from 1.12 last year to 1.09 this year.

Again, I am a fan of the upside, but I don't think I would say undervalued.  He's being valued on the cusp of the elite RB tier despite having yet to ever actually finish close to there.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing about Hunt is he's a sneaky RB2. Cleveland used him as their 3rd down back a lot last year and he delivered. He's a high end RB3 with elite RB1 in his range when he signs with another team or Chubb gets hurt. I'd give a late 1st for him now, that's what I think he's worth now, but he's not valued like that......heck he's an afterthought right now, you might be able to get him as a throw in. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Milkman said:

The thing about Hunt is he's a sneaky RB2. Cleveland used him as their 3rd down back a lot last year and he delivered. He's a high end RB3 with elite RB1 in his range when he signs with another team or Chubb gets hurt. I'd give a late 1st for him now, that's what I think he's worth now, but he's not valued like that......heck he's an afterthought right now, you might be able to get him as a throw in. 

No, I wouldn't be able to. I don't even think a mid-to-late first would get him with the owner. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Maybe I need to inquire about where in the middle we can meet or something, but he's not on the block, already rejected a generous offer, and I don't want to badger some dude who doesn't necessarily live or die by his dynasty team in the off-summer. I'm really conscious of personal punctilio when it comes to these things, and you win more flies with smart approaches and honey than bold moves and vinegar. 

But back to valuation: I agree with your assessment. I'm looking at the guys that went at the end of the first this time and last time, and I can't see anybody I like more than Hunt. So there lies his value, at least to you and me. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

No, I wouldn't be able to. I don't even think a mid-to-late first would get him with the owner. That's just the way the cookie crumbles sometimes. Maybe I need to inquire about where in the middle we can meet or something, but he's not on the block, already rejected a generous offer, and I don't want to badger some dude who doesn't necessarily live or die by his dynasty team in the off-summer. I'm really conscious of personal punctilio when it comes to these things, and you win more flies with smart approaches and honey than bold moves and vinegar. 

But back to valuation: I agree with your assessment. I'm looking at the guys that went at the end of the first this time and last time, and I can't see anybody I like more than Hunt. So there lies his value, at least to you and me. 

Yeah I can see that. I make the same mistake too sometimes. You should never ask for a player directly that you think is undervalued. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Something like LeVeon Bell + 2020 1st + 2021 1st for Sutton + Hunt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Milkman said:

Yeah I can see that. I make the same mistake too sometimes. You should never ask for a player directly that you think is undervalued

Interesting. I'll file that one away in the memory bank. To be fair to this guy, his best back is Aaron Jones and then a loud murmur from a generally disappointed crowd is his next. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Something like LeVeon Bell + 2020 1st + 2021 1st for Sutton + Hunt. 

I'm never taking that deal, but I'm sold -- like you are -- on Sutton and Hunt. No way that even approaches my radar to hit accept for that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rockaction said:

Interesting. I'll file that one away in the memory bank. To be fair to this guy, his best back is Aaron Jones and then a loud murmur from a generally disappointed crowd is his next. 

The only time I do is when I'm super confident the player I'm after is going to pop and then I blow them away. 

For instance. I offered my Corey Coleman + 2nd for Tyreek Hill + a 3rd a couple years ago. Before Hill popped. I knew he was going to pop. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I'm never taking that deal, but I'm sold -- like you are -- on Sutton and Hunt. No way that even approaches my radar to hit accept for that. 

Yeah but remember Hunt's nothing to most and Jeudy scares Sutton owners. 

 

Jeudy is the shiny new toy.......

Edited by Milkman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Milkman said:

The only time I do is when I'm super confident the player I'm after is going to pop and then I blow them away. 

For instance. I offered my Corey Coleman + 2nd for Tyreek Hill + a 3rd a couple years ago. Before Hill popped. I knew he was going to pop

I see. That certainly was a winner. That's a good strategy, but I don't want to give the other guy pause, as your incidental throw-in theory tacitly acknowledges. But Hill was a rare one. As soon as I saw him play a game, I knew too. I had him immediately on all my redrafts the year he began to pop. Almost won a title with him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Yeah but remember Hunt's nothing to most and Jeudy scares Sutton owners. 

Jeudy is the shiny new toy.......

Jeudy looks like a splay-legged foal out there. Sutton's a horse already.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

I see. That certainly was a winner. That's a good strategy, but I don't want to give the other guy pause, as your incidental throw-in theory tacitly acknowledges. But Hill was a rare one. As soon as I saw him play a game, I knew too. I had him immediately on all my redrafts the year he began to pop. Almost won a title with him. 

Yeah it's an art I have not mastered lol. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.