What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty Value Discussion Thread (15 Viewers)

I agree with @Boston above. You’re not giving up much of value to get two pretty darn good guys. And you free up some roster spots for the next Robinson that comes along. I think I’d take that deal.
Good point on the roster spots...always gotta factor in who you can add from waivers or who you have to cut from your team in these uneven player deals because the reality is those players are part of this deal.

He just offered Kupp, Parker, Jon Bostic, and ten blind bidding bucks for Robinson, Davis, Mims, and a sixth.

I'm tempted.
Lucky, my league won’t allow trading FAAB $. 
:kicksrock:

Kupp & Parker is solid if you don’t need the RB. 

the 6th is kinda worthless. I’m not sure why people include 5th and 6th rounders in trades. I guess IDP it kinda makes sense. 

JR is not exactly nibbling around the edge right now, but if I have too many RBs & need WR help, I do it. If it leaves me thin @ RB, I counter with something that gets me a playable RB in return
I agree about Robinson which is why I said I love him (I have him in both my leagues and could not be happier with what I see from him) but he is somewhat found money right now as he probably wasn't on most roster a month ago...doesn't mean you just move him but there is a chance he may never have more value then he has at this moment so I have no issues with anyone cashing in on him right now, especially if you are getting two quality starting level pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:
So while I was working with other managers for a RB, which seemingly nobody lets go of in my dynasty league, I got super close on Zeke (Boyd, Singletary, ARob & a 2022 1st) but ended up with Carson (Boyd & Singletary), I see another trade go through while I’m working on Carson.

Team A gets: Robinson

Team B gets: 2021 2nd round pick

:shock:

I’m friends with the team that got Robinson & texted, “how the...?”

They said that owner offered them Robinson for the 2nd.  

cmon man. Some people have all the luck. 

I own him in PPR dynasty & want to shop him, but I need him with CMC down. Not sure what to shop him for either player wise. Not really looking to accumulate picks...yet
He is such a tough guy to place a value on right now...a month ago he's an undrafted nobody on a very bad team then after three weeks he looks like a bigger Maurice Jones Drew...he is at a point where his value could fluctuate wildly on a week to week basis based on that week's performance although I do believe the fact he played on national TV last week and looked light's out has to feel pretty comforting for his Owner's, some of whom had probably never seen him play a down...this is very vague but if I was gonna move him I would need to make sure it either improved my starting line-up or gave me legit assets for the future (i.e. I am not talking about second or third round picks or players that are still very developmental).

So while I was working with other managers for a RB, which seemingly nobody lets go of in my dynasty league, I got super close on Zeke (Boyd, Singletary, ARob & a 2022 1st) but ended up with Carson (Boyd & Singletary), I see another trade go through while I’m working on Carson.

Team A gets: Robinson

Team B gets: 2021 2nd round pick

:shock:

I’m friends with the team that got Robinson & texted, “how the...?”

They said that owner offered them Robinson for the 2nd.  

cmon man. Some people have all the luck. 
There is zero logic to that Robinson deal...very painful.

There is zero logic to that Robinson deal...very painful.
I was like “I just paid what?”

I can’t believe a Robinson owner would just give him away for a 2021 2nd. 

to a good team!  So it’ll be a low second. 

Am i to believe they’re gonna find replacement value at the back of the second? 

cmon man. I was super displeased. Ain’t nobody offering me starting RBs for 2nds.  :rant:

What is D.J. Chark's value? Not looking to dump him, but I'm not a contender this year so I figured can't hurt to dangle him out there. I know he's been hurt/not performing so now is not the best time but maybe someone will surprise me. 

What is D.J. Chark's value? Not looking to dump him, but I'm not a contender this year so I figured can't hurt to dangle him out there. I know he's been hurt/not performing so now is not the best time but maybe someone will surprise me. 
I honestly don't know. I don't think it's decreased that much, but it certainly hasn't gone up given his stat lines. He was a mid-first in the offseason and I see no reason why that changes.

Is this JAX week where we all get scared (myself included) and sell high on some really young and promising guys because of the organization and that awful Thursday night game?

I honestly don't know. I don't think it's decreased that much, but it certainly hasn't gone up given his stat lines. He was a mid-first in the offseason and I see no reason why that changes.

Is this JAX week where we all get scared (myself included) and sell high on some really young and promising guys because of the organization and that awful Thursday night game?
I wouldn't sell for that reason. I was moreso curious his value as I know a few guys in my league are interested.

Yeah, I can give you calc value. It's around 350. Right now a first round pick from 2021 is valued at 253. That's from Dynasty League Football. McLaurin is valued a tad more than Chark, but they're comparable right now.
Dynasty noob here - Is there a source for a trade value chart that has both players and future picks? Looking at an offer right now where I'd take a hit on the WR component, but get a 2021 2nd out of the deal.

ETA - found one here - reasonable?

Dynasty noob here - Is there a source for a trade value chart that has both players and future picks? Looking at an offer right now where I'd take a hit on the WR component, but get a 2021 2nd out of the deal.

ETA - found one here - reasonable?
I'm fairly new, too. I find it to be a helpful guide. They all differ, though. FantasyPros will differ from Footballguys will differ from Dynasty League Football will differ from...

you get the idea. I find that the better answers come from this and other threads. That's what people are really thinking rather than taking proprietary rankings into consideration. That's my two cents on it. 

The Davante Adams owner in my PPR dynasty league just came to me asking for Gaskin, Aiyuk & James Robinson for Adams. We start 2 RB, 3 WR & 2 flex. That would screw me @ RB as I'd only have CEH as a viable starter till CMC comes back. The rest of the RBs on my bench are junk or fliers, I think I might have to do it anyway & just then try to trade Parker for another RB as I still have AR15, Golladay & K. Allen ahead of him on my roster.

Starting 1-2 doesn't help me feel good about winning this season either...
I like Robinson but I would give that for Adams pretty easily.

And even at 1-2 I think CEH/CMC/Adams/AR15/Golladay/Allen is definitely a contending roster.

hispeedthinmint said:
Depends on when Adams is coming back. If I drop to 1-3 after this week, I'm playing for next year. Screw it lol

I sent him an offer of my Gaskin, J. Robinson & Aiyuk for Adams & K. Hunt. Can't hurt to try to get a RB in return!
Why would you spit in the face of a slam dunk for an even bigger slam dunk, damn. Getting greedy might cost you here. 

I offered him exactly what he wanted &, instead of simply accepting or rejecting the trade offer on the site, he is letting it sit & instead sent me an offer of Adams for CEH. I rejected that. SMH
I hate when this happens. They aren't willing to reject the trade but they simply want to see if they can get more out of you and if not, they might take the original one.

I offered him exactly what he wanted &, instead of simply accepting or rejecting the trade offer on the site, he is letting it sit & instead sent me an offer of Adams for CEH. I rejected that. SMH
This, after you rejected his (more than) reasonable offer and asked for way too much in a counter (imo of course). At that point he was probably just sending one of those annoying spite counters that people sometimes do when they feel they’ve been sent an awful trade. He knew he was reasonable with his initial offer and then really didn’t like your counter trying to squeeze a bunch more value, if I had to guess. But deep down he still likes that original deal. I wouldn’t send agitated messages or get petty now, you might still have a deal on your hands if you play it cool.

Hey man, I never rejected anything. As I already posted, he simply told me in a message what he wanted. Never actually sent an offer so I never rejected a thing. I then sent the official offer exactly as he wanted. Welcome to my ignore list
Feel free to ignore if that’s what you think is best, but I hope it’s clear I haven’t attempted to be adversarial with you at all. In fact I think I’ve offered a lot of decent (asked for in the threads) advice/feedback to you since you recently started posting a lot. I certainly don’t think I’ve said anything worthy of an “ignore”, and if I have it was unintentional and my bad 👍

I do have to point out that the part where you said you never rejected his original offer, it was just in a message, I didn’t actually know that. I quoted you and responded to you before you edited it in. It does add context, but doesn’t really change my feedback that he probably really didn’t like the offer (the Hunt one) you sent in place of what he originally asked for, so he decided to also ask for more while leaving the original deal out there once you did sent it. 

Hey man, I never rejected anything. As I already posted, he simply told me in a message what he wanted. Never actually sent an offer so I never rejected a thing. I then sent the official offer exactly as he wanted. Welcome to my ignore list
So he'd messaged you the deal with Hunt included?  Because if he didn't, you changed it, in a big way.  No surprise he rejected and offered you an FU deal in return.  I do the same when I feel like I'm being taken advantage of, and the fact of the matter is in the deal you proposed you were getting the two best players in the deal after Chubb went down.

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
hispeedthinmint said:
I hate when this happens. They aren't willing to reject the trade but they simply want to see if they can get more out of you and if not, they might take the original one.
I always do this.  First, a rejection is a negative response and I don't want to trigger that with a trade partner.  Never say no.  Salesmanship 101.  "Can you take 10K for that car?"  The answer is never "no, I can't."  The answer is always "how about $11.5k and I give you a couple hundred more buck on your trade-in?"  Counter, never reject.

Second, I want that record there.  If I send a different offer I don't want to make him go back and find it in the transaction log so he can compare what I countered with to his original.  In many cases I'm leaving the principal pieces intact and just nibbling around at different corners - what I see as a big difference between Gabe Davis and Drew Sample he might see as a toss-up and think it's the exact same deal he just offered me.  That leads to a deal that I like a lot better.

First you posted his offer, then said "it never hurts to get a RB" after flat out adding Hunt to a counter, then you're claiming to send him exactly what he asked for but didn't actually ask for, but how can that be "who he really wanted" when your give never even changed?  I'm guessing there are more story changes coming up.

Looking for getting a value check on Zeke in a devy league. With his current salary, I wont be able to keep him and same for the team that I might trade him to.  With that thought Zeke for Deboo, Paris C and Bateman seem appropriate?  With Zeke going back into the pool next season, obtaining him again is possible. 

Dynasty value: What do you guys think of his Cooper Kupp and DeVante Parker and a third for James Robinson and Denzel Mims and a sixth?

I'm thinking of offering James Robinson, Denzel Mims, and a fourth for Cooper Kupp, DeVante Parker, and a second.
clear win for you. Robinson has surely looked good but he's guaranteed nothing going forward. 

clear win for you. Robinson has surely looked good but he's guaranteed nothing going forward. 
Continuing our previous conversation, I’m ready to say Robinson is worth more than a random 1st. At some point draft capital gives way to more valuable data. Jacksonville won’t be investIng heavily in the position for the same reason that the Chiefs won’t: they have their guy. It’s not a matter of Jax having other needs and maybe being able to get by with him. He’s it. He is what they’d be hoping to land with a day 2 pick.

What sort of RB should I expect in return for D. Parker in PPR?
I'll answer since I don't see why this would go to the AC. It's an overall dynasty value question, so that's what this thread is for. Don't know why all of a sudden Joe is saying it wouldn't be here.

I don't like Parker all that much but he gets a ton of looks, is signed long term, and here's a big "if", IF Tua is legit he is the number 1. As painful as that is for me to admit. I have Parker as a top25 dynasty WR. I'd want a top~20 dynasty RB? Someone like Akers/Swift/Dobbins if they've soured on them a bit would be a great starting target. If you can't get them I'd say James Robinson/Moss/Kelley possibly straight up, but I'd probably want a kicker on their end. 

Take those types of league specific questions and any other like them to the Assistant Coach forum please. 
There’s definitely been stuff posted that should be in AC.  But I’m with Zyphos on this one...why would that question not belong in the Dynasty Value Discussion thread?  Seems exactly what this thread is for, no?

Unless you were thinking this was the completed trades thread?

Honestly FAAB$ does very little to swing a deal anyway.
there's one owner in my league who i trade with but the negotiations are excruciating... and one of us always end up asking for FAAB $ in the deal and then we have to haggle over that. but everyone else in the league is not interested in FAAB $ in trades

Heat check on Deandre Hopkins? I know he’s super valuable - but how about if he’s on an expiring contract? Will be a free agent after this year. So whomever is buying would essentially only be gaurenteed his services for the rest of THIS season.

He would then go to auction in 2021, with the current owner holding RFA (can match any bid if enough salary cap is had)

Heat check on Deandre Hopkins? I know he’s super valuable - but how about if he’s on an expiring contract? Will be a free agent after this year. So whomever is buying would essentially only be gaurenteed his services for the rest of THIS season.

He would then go to auction in 2021, with the current owner holding RFA (can match any bid if enough salary cap is had)
The reality is these kind of questions are almost impossible to get helpful advice on a message board as no one here has anywhere near the feel for how your league typically values expiring contracts like you do.  We can speculate but we'd be lucky to get in the ballpark relative to what you've seen these kind of situations amount to in your league in the past.

Obviously if you're not contending he's an obvious sell and you should be approaching the contenders and seeing what you can get.  As to a starting point, again league specific but start not much below his normal dynasty value and work down from there.

Continuing our previous conversation, I’m ready to say Robinson is worth more than a random 1st. At some point draft capital gives way to more valuable data. Jacksonville won’t be investIng heavily in the position for the same reason that the Chiefs won’t: they have their guy. It’s not a matter of Jax having other needs and maybe being able to get by with him. He’s it. He is what they’d be hoping to land with a day 2 pick.
It's too small of a sample size to make definitive statements like that - they come back to haunt you. I think he's looked very good but nothing special - mostly just a straight ahead powerful runner with good burst. 

There’s definitely been stuff posted that should be in AC.  But I’m with Zyphos on this one...why would that question not belong in the Dynasty Value Discussion thread?  Seems exactly what this thread is for, no?

Unless you were thinking this was the completed trades thread?
My email blows up with people reporting these threads a lot. It's usually when people try to get a specific situation for their league discussed in the forum. Those always belong in the Assistant Coach forum. Thanks. 

It's too small of a sample size to make definitive statements like that - they come back to haunt you. I think he's looked very good but nothing special - mostly just a straight ahead powerful runner with good burst. 
Wesseling was calling Foster special a few weeks into his breakout campaign and I wish I would have listened to him. 

There is a ton of risk built into the cost, from my perspective. If I’m right he should be a top 25 dynasty asset. If I’m wrong I overpaid for a year of RB1 production.

I guess it depends on what you mean by special. He’s looked like a top 10 back to me. I don’t think he’s in the Cook, Kamara, Chubb league, but he’s looked as good or better than guys like Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders and current Zeke.

Rig24 said:
Looking for getting a value check on Zeke in a devy league. With his current salary, I wont be able to keep him and same for the team that I might trade him to.  With that thought Zeke for Deboo, Paris C and Bateman seem appropriate?  With Zeke going back into the pool next season, obtaining him again is possible. 
I think in general if you’ve got a guy you can’t keep next year and you aren’t competitive you put him on the block for whatever assets you can get. In Zeke’s case I think you maybe wait to see if he can put together one of his monster games that he hasn’t had yet this year since the passing narrative seems to have people gunshy on him. He’s RB4 in my leagues yet people seem to be talking as if he’s a low end RB1, he just hasn’t had a monster yet to pump up that PPG avg.

Wesseling was calling Foster special a few weeks into his breakout campaign and I wish I would have listened to him. 

There is a ton of risk built into the cost, from my perspective. If I’m right he should be a top 25 dynasty asset. If I’m wrong I overpaid for a year of RB1 production.

I guess it depends on what you mean by special. He’s looked like a top 10 back to me. I don’t think he’s in the Cook, Kamara, Chubb league, but he’s looked as good or better than guys like Mixon, Jacobs, Sanders and current Zeke.
I’ll agree to disagree on that last part but I get your point and you could very well turn out to be correct. I just wouldn’t buy at those prices, but that could be my loss.

I’ll agree to disagree on that last part but I get your point and you could very well turn out to be correct. I just wouldn’t buy at those prices, but that could be my loss.
I could certainly be wrong as well. And I respect your call. 

I’ve been thinking about your list of guys whose teams had a decision to make at RB. The “they have other needs” conversation. The two big names for me, in terms of guys I valued at a 1st, were Ajayi and Drake. Both slight misses. I’ll give myself a mulligan on Ajayi for the knee issues. Just for what it’s worth. 

Didn't he just sign an extension? He did.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-deandre-hopkins-was-a-big-winner-in-self-negotiated-contract-extension-with-cardinals/

I can relate to not being on top of these things. I've done it, too.

Selling Tonyan in TE bonus league...early 2nd round rookie value?
TE premium doesn’t sway me much since I don’t expect Tonyan to be a high volume TE.  Can’t imagine someone paying more than an early 2nd.  Personally, I’d rather the early 2nd than a TE likely to get no more than 5-6 targets a game on a team whose targets will, as always, be dominated by Adams in just a week.  I don’t see his talent to be anything special nor do I believe the situation is.  It’s been a nice run with 5 TDs on 13 catches over three games, but I’d rather gamble on nabbing a younger prospect with more upside next year.  

Didn't he just sign an extension? He did.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/agents-take-deandre-hopkins-was-a-big-winner-in-self-negotiated-contract-extension-with-cardinals/

I can relate to not being on top of these things. I've done it, too.
No. Our dynasty league is auction based supplemented with a rookie draft. Real life contracts have nothing to do with this.

Players bought at auction are “under contract” for 3 years. After the 3 years the player will be up again for auction, with the original owner holding the “RFA” rights.

sorry for the confusion. I am aware Hopkins signed an extension - but I was referring to our league rules. 

thanks though. 

No. Our dynasty league is auction based supplemented with a rookie draft. Real life contracts have nothing to do with this.

Players bought at auction are “under contract” for 3 years. After the 3 years the player will be up again for auction, with the original owner holding the “RFA” rights.

sorry for the confusion. I am aware Hopkins signed an extension - but I was referring to our league rules. 

thanks though. 
Yeah, I thought about that after I typed it. If I'd read your entire post, it probably would have been clearer. My bad.

Users who are viewing this thread