What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (4 Viewers)

Hill was a RB why they don't get this guy out in space with ball in hand? I'd had him returning kickoffs, carrying the ball at least 4-6 times a game, a go at least 4.

He can go the distance every time he gets a chance. you give him that chance.
Everyone and their mother knew NE's plan was to try and not let Hill or Kelce beat them and try and take them out of the game. KC IMO kind of oddly just complied, instead of doing some of the stuff you suggest.  NE has one of the slowest D's in the league,  one would think Hill would have made a major impact on a few jet sweeps.

Everyone and their mother knew NE's plan was to try and not let Hill or Kelce beat them and try and take them out of the game. KC IMO kind of oddly just complied, instead of doing some of the stuff you suggest.  NE has one of the slowest D's in the league,  one would think Hill would have made a major impact on a few jet sweeps.
I put Hill in the backfield.  Pitchout, flare pass, will he go out left or right?

It was as if he was just an ordinary player and he isn;'t. 

I saw two field goals in the playoffs that came this.....................................................................close to being blocked by a guy coming off the edge, why not have Hill in there, he would have blocked both.

Wait what do you mean? I’m being completely serious. Not sarcastic. The Pats had to double team him all day. When I posted this it was right after Hill embarrassed the Pats CB on his line catch. I was worried at that point and posted. Without the double team he would have had a huge day I think. I want Hill on every fantasy team I own because he’s uncoverable. That doesn’t mean he can’t be contained by throwing 2 defensive backs on him. 
My apologies if I misinterpreted your post as sarcastic preening after pretty much shutting him down.  There's a whole ton of this on these forums lately and I can't stand that.

He's definitely a stud.  I thought NE did a good job on him and Reid fell on his face getting him involved.

My apologies if I misinterpreted your post as sarcastic preening after pretty much shutting him down.  There's a whole ton of this on these forums lately and I can't stand that.

He's definitely a stud.  I thought NE did a good job on him and Reid fell on his face getting him involved.
Haha no worries. Hard to get tone from a one word post. I’m not a fan of that behavior either so I get why you would have had that reaction. Also FWIW, I started him in DraftKings which illustrates why I suck at DFS.

Last edited by a moderator:
NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports the Chiefs are discussing a "record-setting deal" with contract-year WR Tyreek Hill.

Odell Beckham is currently the highest-paid wideout in league history, making $18 million per year on a deal that included $41 million guaranteed. In some ways, Hill is an unlikely candidate to top that, but his indefensible speed has led him to back-to-back 1,100-yard seasons. Still only 25, he offers an almost limitless ceiling with Patrick Mahomes at the controls.

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Mar 5, 2019, 12:10 PM

I think an argument could be made that Hill is worth the elite level money.  Granted he is not your "traditional" WR prototype like Julio Jones or something, but he is multi-dimensional and dare I say "harder" to game plan against than a Julio Jones or some of your more traditional guys. Hill may have the most"overall"  impact on a game than any other receiver in the game......even when he isn't touching the ball. Sometimes it's not just about the numbers a guy ends up with at the end of a game. I wouldn't be surprised to see his contract be higher than OBJ's.

Will be interesting to see how the Chiefs massage the contracts of their core Mahomes, HIll, Kelce so they can try to keep all three.  Because all three probably deserve  the largest contracts at each of their respective positions.   

I think an argument could be made that Hill is worth the elite level money. 
Who is trying to argue he's not worth it? 

Yes he's going to beat Odell's pay. I'd bet huge money on it. He or Julio I believe will end up as highest paid WR in NFL once this offseason is complete, 1 and 2.

Chiefs got Kelce locked up fairly cheap 3 more seasons. I think at some point he's going to want his contract redone. Mahomes locked up for two more and we all know he'll break the bank. They will keep all 3, but Watkins probably gets axed next offseason. Always thought way his contract was structured was a two year deal and then when they had to redo Mahomes they'd cut Watkins.

Who is trying to argue he's not worth it? 

Yes he's going to beat Odell's pay. I'd bet huge money on it. He or Julio I believe will end up as highest paid WR in NFL once this offseason is complete, 1 and 2.

Chiefs got Kelce locked up fairly cheap 3 more seasons. I think at some point he's going to want his contract redone. Mahomes locked up for two more and we all know he'll break the bank. They will keep all 3, but Watkins probably gets axed next offseason. Always thought way his contract was structured was a two year deal and then when they had to redo Mahomes they'd cut Watkins.
wasn't saying anybody was trying to argue it, but the Rappaport comment Faust quoted said Hill was an "unlikely candidate" to top OBJ's....I was just saying I think he could..

I agree Kelce may want a redo soon.....but I'm not sure KC makes Mahomes play under his rookie deal all the way through.....it may be sooner than that, and it will be large.....KC dumping Houston and probably Ford seems to show that they are at least planning for these things well ahead of time....they may not take an offensive player in this draft and just try to load up everything on defense they can with rookie contracts...

wasn't saying anybody was trying to argue it, but the Rappaport comment Faust quoted said Hill was an "unlikely candidate" to top OBJ's....I was just saying I think he could..
I did not see that part about OBJ's contract but yea like I agree with you. Hill is younger then Odell but main reasons I think he draws more pay is that he has been far more durable and he's simply doing his contract a year later.

.but I'm not sure KC makes Mahomes play under his rookie deal all the way through.....it may be sooner than that, and it will be large.....KC dumping Houston and probably Ford seems to show that they are at least planning for these things well ahead of time....they may not take an offensive player in this draft and just try to load up everything on defense they can with rookie contracts...
I think what normally happens and what I believe will happen with Mahomes is they will redo his contract before he is a FA but it's an extension. Different positions but similar to what we saw with Gurley and David Johnson's extensions, it was new money but did not replace the last year on their contract. My anticipation is that's what they do with Mahomes, give him new money before his contract runs out but he'll still be playing on terms of his rookie deal through end of 2020. I might be wrong on that, but I think that's similar to how Luck's deal was handled as well.

As for Chiefs off-season plans I've heard of a lot of interest in one of the safety's that hit the market but I read something yesterday, can't recall who it was but someone fairly plugged in, that surprisingly suggested they were going to be aggressive in offense this offseason.  This seems kind of surprising but I think they need another RB and with Watkins injuries and I think one year left on his deal they could use a WR3 updgrade and getting a guy ready to step in opposite Reek in 2020. Chiefs, to their credit, seem well aware of how special Mahomes is and are determined to surround him with elite talent.

The Star has obtained a police report from the Overland Park Police Department about a battery incident that lists a juvenile as the victim. Hill’s fiancee, Crystal Espinal, is listed under “others involved.”

Man, I'm afraid he's done.  I got to throw the IF if he did it in the mix but not looking good because unlike an accusation we know a kid has a broke arm, could be an accident but that's not how it's looking right now. You don't come from breaking your kids arm. I understand talent lets you get away with things less talented players can't but you don't get away with breaking away your kids arm especially after his past incidents. Wow, what a punch in the gut.

This isn't good (it's especially not good with Hill's background).  With that said, let's at least wait for more information before people start cutting him from dynasty teams, burning his jersey, and going full hot take.

Man, I'm afraid he's done.  I got to throw the IF if he did it in the mix but not looking good because unlike an accusation we know a kid has a broke arm, could be an accident but that's not how it's looking right now. You don't come from breaking your kids arm. I understand talent lets you get away with things less talented players can't but you don't get away with breaking away your kids arm especially after his past incidents. Wow, what a punch in the gut.
Well put. Took the words out of my mouth, literally. I just texted my friend the same thing as you posted this.

Previous record was expunged.  That may be a factor...But still, IF it did happen - how do you break your own kid’s arm intentionally?  

Previous record was expunged.  That may be a factor...But still, IF it did happen - how do you break your own kid’s arm intentionally?  
You'd have to be an awful human to do something like that and really dumb one to have an incident report filed by police and then another one 9 days later when you are in the midst of working on a long term contract extension. It would be beyond comprehension.

I checked his social media feeds to see if he was denying anything. Nothing yet. As recently as a few hours ago he was re-tweeting stuff about a football camp he just did. Like a man with nothing else to worry about.

I'm holding out hope he was not involved. Hope no one did anything to the kid and he had an accident but two incident reports in a 9 span don't leave that hopeful in that regard. I'm more or less sitting here right now thinking the most likely 3 options are  either Hill broke his kids arem, someone else the family did or option 3 is he's trying to find someone else in the family to take the fall.

From end of last PFT post:

Of course, if he’s cut, someone else inevitably will give him another second chance. And that will be a very real factor for the Chiefs to consider before making a final decision. If there’s no longer a place for him in Kansas City, one of the NFL’s other teams would find a way to hold its nose and look the other way to justify embracing arguably the hardest player to defend in the league.

For now, it will become impossible to defend Tyreek Hill as a person, if he did what he’s accused of doing. And if it’s true that he broke his child’s arm, the league office should consider protecting all 32 teams from the temptations of his talents by banishing him from the league.

Whoa.

Potentially sad story, and that has nothing to do with Hill hopefully getting football taken away from him for a substantial amount of time if some of the assumptions are proven true.

A little more info: .Police investigate child abuse at home of Tyreek Hill

Just reading between the lines but one thing I did not like about that article I posted was that it mentions the news station called Hill's agent and he refused to speak about it and hung up on them. Usually you expect a standard denial of some sort.
A few days ago there were reports the Chief's were working on a mega-deal extension, agent is probably seeing millions' of dollars going up in smoke and :rant:

If Hill is guilty he's ####ed. If he did this I never want to see him on a NFL field again. 
Agreed. There is nothing that can justify harming a child especially a 3 year old!! I adore my children and can’t even imagine spanking them let alone something more severe. People who do this clearly are missing something upstairs because I can’t even comprehend this on any level. 

Hunt seems to have learned his lesson, but this is way beyond Hunt. Way beyond AP using a switch on his kid. This is possibly one of the worst things that's happened in the NFL since Aaron Hernandez killed a guy. Breaking a toddlers arm is right up there IMO

Hunt seems to have learned his lesson, but this is way beyond Hunt. Way beyond AP using a switch on his kid. This is possibly one of the worst things that's happened in the NFL since Aaron Hernandez killed a guy. Breaking a toddlers arm is right up there IMO
Not sure you can say Hunt has learned his lesson quite yet...as you could have said the same thing about Hill over the last several years...

man, what a drag, you have to hope its an accident. My 3 year old jumped on me just sitting on the couch and he got injured....had something called nursemaids elbow or something. like his little elbow popped out of his socket, I was freaked out.

If the news link above is correct there was also an incident on March 5th along with the March 14th incident. So not an isolated incident either.

Users who are viewing this thread