What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tyreek Hill, MIA (6 Viewers)

Is Demarcus Robinson a good start while Hill is out?  How will targets get distributed?
Doubtful. I like him as a deep bench dynasty stash,  but  not seeing a big role. Maybe low-end flex appeal, but I’d wait at least a week to see if Reid uses him or not. Agree with @CentralPA that it’s Hardman & Kelce with the bump.

fwiw... I saw that Hardman played 55 of 59 snaps after Hill went out.....I'm guessing that continues and IMO puts Hardman squarely in fantasy relevance discussion....

Mahomes may have not been looking his way...trusted him yet, whatever, but with a full week of practice, Hardman becomes more of an option each week moving forward for awhile....IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
fwiw... I saw that Hardman played 55 of 59 snaps after Hill went out.....I'm guessing that continues and IMO puts Hardman squarely in fantasy relevance discussion....

Mahomes may have not been looking his way...trusted him yet, whatever, but with a full week of practice, Hardman becomes more of an option each week moving forward for awhile....IMO
And on the same note, you have to believe the Raiders aren’t going to let Sammy Watkins ball out for 198/3 against them. 

They too saw game film from Sunday. I’d expect Sammy to get the respectful safety help in a double team to prevent that from happening, something JAX arrogantly refused to do. 

And on the same note, you have to believe the Raiders aren’t going to let Sammy Watkins ball out for 198/3 against them. 

They too saw game film from Sunday. I’d expect Sammy to get the respectful safety help in a double team to prevent that from happening, something JAX arrogantly refused to do. 
yeah....fantasy owners world wide are going to be chasing Sammy's numbers this week and for the next few....I for one like Sammy better when he isn't being looked at as the biggest threat....I think most Watkins owners will be a little disappointed moving forward as we probably witnessed Sammy kind of fluke/circumstance  his way to what will probably be his best game of the year....

the big one he busted early was nice, but I think it was the second where there wasn't anybody within 20 yards of him and Mahomes even like short armed/lofted it a bit to make sure he got it to him he was so wide open...not gonna get those two type of plays most weeks...although there were several plays where Watkins/Kelce whoever were all by themselves...

Raiders secondary is a mess.  Good luck with that.

Raiders secondary is a mess.  Good luck with that.
Well, it’s not awesome, but again - double coverage solves a lot of problems. 

IMO this is the Kelce game. Raiders have historically struggled with TEs and they don’t have anyone who can match up. 

they’ll take deep shots, but IMO Watkins isn’t going to be the guy that beats them deep. 

We’ll see in a few days. 

so until we hear otherwise I would think we have to stick with the 4-6 as reported.....meaning he could be back on the field by week 5.
If its the minimum of 4 weeks out - then he misses weeks: 2, 3, 4 and 5, and returns in week 6, and still has a bye in week 12.

I have him in a league with short a bench (3), so I don't think I will be able to hold him until he gets healthy.  For now, I'll go week-to-week to see if there are any updates, but once the byes start, it will be tougher to hold a spot for Hill.

If its the minimum of 4 weeks out - then he misses weeks: 2, 3, 4 and 5, and returns in week 6, and still has a bye in week 12.

I have him in a league with short a bench (3), so I don't think I will be able to hold him until he gets healthy.  For now, I'll go week-to-week to see if there are any updates, but once the byes start, it will be tougher to hold a spot for Hill.
It would be insane to drop a game-changing player before your fantasy playoffs. 

I guarantee if you can’t find a roster spot for him someone in your league will the second he hits waivers. 

Tyreek Hill WR | KC

Chiefs' Tyreek Hill: Slated to undergo tests in a couple of weeks

by RotoWire Staff
(1 hr ago) Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder indicated Wednesday that Hill (collarbone) started his rehab Monday night, while adding that the wideout will undergo some testing in a couple weeks, Nate Taylor of The Athletic reports.

Though Ian Rapoport of NFL Network previously suggested that Hill is expected to miss 4-6 weeks with his sternoclavicular joint issue, Sam McDowell of the Kansas City Star relays via Chiefs trainer Rick Burkholder that the play-making wideout's issue is "truly a week-to-week injury." In any case, given that his tests won't occur for a couple of weeks, it's pretty safe to rule Hill out for the team's next's two games, at a minimum. In his absence, added opportunities alongside Sammy Watkins will be available for Mecole Hardman, Demarcus Robinson and De'Anthony Thomas
rehab started, testing in 2 weeks. So he could, in theory, be cleared in 3. Unlikely, but certainly not a guarantee he misses 4 weeks. 

The fact that he's cleared to start rehab is encouraging in itself - means he's not going to make it worse.  Doesn't tell us how long that rehab will take, but it's better than needing to keep it immobilized for a period of time.

The fact that he's cleared to start rehab is encouraging in itself - means he's not going to make it worse.  Doesn't tell us how long that rehab will take, but it's better than needing to keep it immobilized for a period of time.
Absolutely. I was a little shocked by that. 

Of course, rehab in this context could simply mean range of motion exercises and basic strength training, to test the severity. But the fact that it’s not immobilized is a hugely positive sign. 

It would be insane to drop a game-changing player before your fantasy playoffs. 

I guarantee if you can’t find a roster spot for him someone in your league will the second he hits waivers. 
3 man bench is crazy though.  There's probably some incredible players on the waivers already that you'd be shocked by.  I would never think of dropping him but with a 3 man bench it might not be that bad.   You're going to use 33% of your bench on your QB's bye week just to keep him on your squad.  

3 man bench is crazy though.  There's probably some incredible players on the waivers already that you'd be shocked by.  I would never think of dropping him but with a 3 man bench it might not be that bad.   You're going to use 33% of your bench on your QB's bye week just to keep him on your squad.  
Yeah, that’s a good point. 

God, why do people play in such restrictive leagues. I’ll never understand the appeal.  Why bother ever making a trade if the FA list is just stacked. 

Yeah, that’s a good point. 

God, why do people play in such restrictive leagues. I’ll never understand the appeal.  Why bother ever making a trade if the FA list is just stacked. 
It pretty much just makes all the teams equally as good and hurts skilled owners.  Can you imagine having Ertz, Fournette, Sony, and Edelman on your roster and being forced to drop one of them in week 10? 

It pretty much just makes all the teams equally as good and hurts skilled owners.  Can you imagine having Ertz, Fournette, Sony, and Edelman on your roster and being forced to drop one of them in week 10? 
Mind bogglingly awful. And worse, having to drop a Tyreek Hill because of a short-term injury, then seeing an opponent pick them up to face you when he’s healthy again. 

🤦🏼‍♂️

Right? No point 

A: “I’ll give you Hill fo Lockett & Carson”

B: ”nah, I’ll just pick up HIll off the wire when you drop him instead.” 
Not to mention the guy with Hill doesn’t have the extra roster space to even consider a two-for-one offer...

This league sounds like the missing link in the evolutionary development of DFS from the gene pool of traditional fantasy games.

Not to mention the guy with Hill doesn’t have the extra roster space to even consider a two-for-one offer...

This league sounds like the missing link in the evolutionary development of DFS from the gene pool of traditional fantasy games.
Its an old family league, and lets just say change does not come easily... (I'd rather deal with a bunch of strangers on the internet).

For a single short-term injury I could carry Hill, but I also used a late draft pick on AJ Green - so now I have two dead spots on my roster, and Green is the one more likely to be back soon.  And, as noted above - there are no real trade options here.  Best case scenario I have is to drop him just before kick-off, and force teams to use FAAB the following week.  For now, I'll hold and wait for updates.

Its an old family league, and lets just say change does not come easily... (I'd rather deal with a bunch of strangers on the internet).

For a single short-term injury I could carry Hill, but I also used a late draft pick on AJ Green - so now I have two dead spots on my roster, and Green is the one more likely to be back soon.  And, as noted above - there are no real trade options here.  Best case scenario I have is to drop him just before kick-off, and force teams to use FAAB the following week.  For now, I'll hold and wait for updates.
lol - didn’t mean to rip on your league specifically - just the format.

sorry about that. It wasn’t personal - it’s just such a strange format. 

Yeah, I didn’t mean to rip the league either. I’m in a 23+ year league at work. It took 22 years to convert to 1/2ppr. We still don’t require starting a TE (have 3 generic "receiver" slots), tried to add a "flex" position to give teams the option of going 2RB/3Rec or 1RB/4Rec, but that change never gets enough support. So I get it totally :)  

but, dang, it’s still my favorite, very competitive league of work friends I practically grew up with at this point. 

As for your league...jeez, keep both Green and Hill til bye weeks hit you, then drop Green if reports on Hill returning closer to 4 weeks start sounding legit. 2cents...

joey said:
Yeah, I didn’t mean to rip the league either. I’m in a 23+ year league at work. It took 22 years to convert to 1/2ppr. We still don’t require starting a TE (have 3 generic "receiver" slots), tried to add a "flex" position to give teams the option of going 2RB/3Rec or 1RB/4Rec, but that change never gets enough support. So I get it totally :)  

but, dang, it’s still my favorite, very competitive league of work friends I practically grew up with at this point. 

As for your league...jeez, keep both Green and Hill til bye weeks hit you, then drop Green if reports on Hill returning closer to 4 weeks start sounding legit. 2cents...
My two "old" leagues have pretty crazy scoring, and I love them.  Non-ppr also, which I prefer.  I like lower scoring leagues

Sinn Fein said:

Just out of curiosity, do you have 2-3 starters with the same bye week?   How do you handle these situations?

Just out of curiosity, do you have 2-3 starters with the same bye week?   How do you handle these situations?
Oddly enough after the draft I had 4 players with a Week 12 Bye (Hill, Butker, Ekeler, and Justin Jackson).  Knowing the type of roster turnover in the league, I was not worried.  But, the answer is it always a balancing act - its a 12-team league and it takes about 8 wins to get to the play-offs, so you weigh the chance/need for a win in a given week, against the need to have the best team in weeks 14-16.  Sometimes you are willing to take a blank if it means you have a better chance to win it all.

The season becomes a game of cat and mouse where you look to see who has to drop a good player (Like the situation I am in now).  I had a good first week, even with Hill going out injured, so I can afford to roll the dice on a thin squad for a couple of weeks - I dropped Jackson to pick up John Brown to replace Hill in my starting line-up.  I have AJ Green and Boyd, so hopefully Green is back healthy by week 4 or so, and I can drop Boyd at that point - if not I'll have to decide on whether I can afford to keep both Green and Hill.

But, bringing this back to Hill - a 4-6 week injury is close to worst case scenario for me - if its a longer injury, then dropping is a no-brainer, and if its a week-to-week type injury, then holding is a no-brainer.  This length of injury - where its still too early to tell if it will be 4 or 6 weeks makes for a tougher decision.

Oddly enough after the draft I had 4 players with a Week 12 Bye (Hill, Butker, Ekeler, and Justin Jackson).  Knowing the type of roster turnover in the league, I was not worried.  But, the answer is it always a balancing act - its a 12-team league and it takes about 8 wins to get to the play-offs, so you weigh the chance/need for a win in a given week, against the need to have the best team in weeks 14-16.  Sometimes you are willing to take a blank if it means you have a better chance to win it all.

The season becomes a game of cat and mouse where you look to see who has to drop a good player (Like the situation I am in now).  I had a good first week, even with Hill going out injured, so I can afford to roll the dice on a thin squad for a couple of weeks - I dropped Jackson to pick up John Brown to replace Hill in my starting line-up.  I have AJ Green and Boyd, so hopefully Green is back healthy by week 4 or so, and I can drop Boyd at that point - if not I'll have to decide on whether I can afford to keep both Green and Hill.

But, bringing this back to Hill - a 4-6 week injury is close to worst case scenario for me - if its a longer injury, then dropping is a no-brainer, and if its a week-to-week type injury, then holding is a no-brainer.  This length of injury - where its still too early to tell if it will be 4 or 6 weeks makes for a tougher decision.
Ya that's wild.  I'd keep boyd even with aj back but that's just me.  Wish so many week 12 byes you're probably safe to stash hill for a while and not run into many bye week situations before week 12 where you have to drop someone. 

Any news updates? Team in my main that has Hill is 0-2 and I was going to make some offers.

Really didn’t see any new info and there was still talk of IR I thought if he isn’t healing.

Was thinking of offering TY.

Any news updates? Team in my main that has Hill is 0-2 and I was going to make some offers.

Really didn’t see any new info and there was still talk of IR I thought if he isn’t healing.

Was thinking of offering TY.
I watched a video of Hardman’s touchdown that got called back in his thread.  Tyreek was in a sling but going nuts on the sideline waving his arms around and running up the sideline.

I know that means nothing. But that’s all I got.

Interestingly I own Tyreek and TY as my WR2. Not sure I’d take that deal as a Tyreek owner I’m optimistic he comes back sooner and watching mahomes light it up with the rest of the squad makes you excited. Although it also proves the ball can easily be spread to whoever needs to get it in that offense.

https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1174376711867326465?s=20

Adam Teicher

@adamteicher

Tyreek Hill was in Chiefs locker room before practice and he didn’t look like a guy who was going to be out much longer. He no longer had his right arm in a sling and he was dribbling a basketball . . . With each hand
He scored 47 points in my two handed locker room basketball dribbling league.

Unfortunately, I left him on my bench.

https://twitter.com/adamteicher/status/1174376711867326465?s=20

Adam Teicher

@adamteicher

Tyreek Hill was in Chiefs locker room before practice and he didn’t look like a guy who was going to be out much longer. He no longer had his right arm in a sling and he was dribbling a basketball . . . With each hand
I will take any news, let alone news like this that he's active and using that arm in motion, as phenomenal.

But it's not the motion and activity that matters with this injury. It's the contact. 

Realist in me believes they will not be rushing Hill back -- this offense is clicking well in his absence so why get him back any earlier than they have to, and help ensure he is strong and healed for the late stretch/playoffs.

I will take any news, let alone news like this that he's active and using that arm in motion, as phenomenal.

But it's not the motion and activity that matters with this injury. It's the contact. 

Realist in me believes they will not be rushing Hill back -- this offense is clicking well in his absence so why get him back any earlier than they have to, and help ensure he is strong and healed for the late stretch/playoffs.
Agreed. Dribbling a light basketball and taking a hit to your shoulder are 2 very different things.

Tyreek Hill's (clavicle) right arm is no longer in a sling.

Per ESPN's Adam Teicher, Hill "(doesn't) look like a guy who is going to be out much longer." He was reportedly dribbling a basketball with both hands at the Chiefs' facility on Wednesday. Perhaps a Week 4 return isn't out of the question, but it should still be considered a long shot.

SOURCE: Adam Teicher on Twitter

Sep 19, 2019, 3:02 PM ET

Week 4 seems insanely optimistic, but I guess not out of the question.  Will he practice this week or will they hold him out?  

Week 4 seems insanely optimistic, but I guess not out of the question.  Will he practice this week or will they hold him out?  
I'm jonesing for good news like everyone else, but I can't think after that kind of injury, we won't see Hill for a few more weeks yet.

I know the injury is week to week, but with that designation, thought I'd hear more updates on how he's coming along.

Guess we need to be resigned to the fact that the first we'll hear of him is when he is back at practice, and at that point would imagine it could be another week or two before he's fully ready to suit up and play on gameday. Just a guess.

Why would they rush him back?
A month isn’t really “rushing”, but I think week 5 is more optimistic. 

Dislocations suck - before I had shoulder surgery I dislocated mine half a dozen times. 

But you recover pretty quickly once it’s popped back in. 

Now what I had was different than what Hill had, but from what I’ve read about Hill’s injury, because he didn’t need surgery, it’s just a matter of stability. 

I wouldn’t be shocked if he came back week 4,  but I do agree they should hold him out a little longer. 

Mostly because he’ll have a bullseye on him for defenses. Going deep shouldn’t be an issue, but across the middle could be a problem. 

I know the injury is week to week, but with that designation, thought I'd hear more updates on how he's coming along.
I mean, it can’t really be better than “no sling, dribbling a basketball in the locker room”, right?

what really excited me is the emergence of Demarcus Robinson. Not only because I got him super cheap in Dynasty I’m the preseason, but also because that’s one more weapon to open up the field. Between Watkins, Robinson & Mecole I can’’t imagine how defenses will possibly cover Hill in 3 & 4 WR sets. 

Gonna be :popcorn:

I mean, it can’t really be better than “no sling, dribbling a basketball in the locker room”, right?

what really excited me is the emergence of Demarcus Robinson. Not only because I got him super cheap in Dynasty I’m the preseason, but also because that’s one more weapon to open up the field. Between Watkins, Robinson & Mecole I can’’t imagine how defenses will possibly cover Hill in 3 & 4 WR sets. 

Gonna be :popcorn:
It can't? How about he's actually handling pain, running light drills, etc.

I'm impatient, and I'll take the news we have with great optimism he's coming along.

I'll also take it with a grain of salt. I'll wait until I hear he's a limited or full participant in practices before I start to get excited.

To your point, with the emergence of Mecole and Robinson, not to mention Watkins and Kelce being solid, it is going to be interesting to see how targets are distributed when he is back on the field for gameday. Actually wondering if Hill's targets decrease given the abundance of wealth in the receiving game.

I'm impatient, and I'll take the news we have with great optimism he's coming along.

I'll also take it with a grain of salt. I'll wait until I hear he's a limited or full participant in practices before I start to get excited.
I heard an unsupported rumor that he was seen dwarf tossing at a vegas strip club, high AF & wearing nothing but black socks & a dickie. Reportedly he was tossing them with both arms, so.....

is that more like it?   :shrug:

To your point, with the emergence of Mecole and Robinson, not to mention Watkins and Kelce being solid, it is going to be interesting to see how targets are distributed when he is back on the field for gameday. Actually wondering if Hill's targets decrease given the abundance of wealth in the receiving game.
He’s the kind of player who’s going to do more with 4-5 receptions than most WRs do with 10. 

Fact is he wasn’t a high volume guy last year. What’d he have, ~85 receptions? 

One 75 yard TD & it’s a little less significant that he’s not getting peppered with passes. 

In terms of distribution, he's their WR1. If anyone loses targets in 2 WR sets it’ll be Watkins. KC goes 3 wide a lot, so I don’t see an issue here. Likely Hill 1, Watkins 2 & a rotation of Robinson/Mecole 3-4

I’m 3-0 in my league with Hill. Adams/CooperI/Lockett filling in nicely, and Marquis Brown is helping to bridge the gap at flex. I do hope hill gets nice & rested then comes back 100%. 

Slight Hijack:

Robinson seemingly stepped into Hill's role while Hardman's snap % has stayed about the same (little decrease this week). I think for ROS and long term that these weeks without Hill are actually helpful for KC. I will not be shocked at all when Sammy gets cut next year and Robinson gets an extension and moves into Watkins outside role opposite Tyreek.

Week 5 would be sweet, but I'm realistically hoping for week 6. 

With Robinson looking better this year and the addition of Hardman, that offense is going to be impossible to contain all game. The speed is just ridiculous.

Andy has always loved his speedy players, I remember Belichick once had a quote about Andy's Eagles when they had D-Jax, Maclin, Shady that it was like trying to play defense against a bunch of kick returners since they were all so fast and shifty. 

to play football
They signed him to a $54M 3 year extension. 

If I'm the Chiefs, I not just thinking about him playing football this year, but not jeopardizing their investment and Hill's ability to play long term as well. This is the kind of injury that just seems to need to heal as opposed to risking more serious injury coming back (I think, though not sure), 

Chiefs are undefeated, but they have a fairly stout schedule coming up. If they can keep winning in this stretch of facing the Lions, Colts, and Texans (all no pushover teams), I can see the team being more cautious with Hill's return than if they start losing these games, knowing they have Broncs (not as much of a concern but a divisional game on the road), Packers, and Vikes on deck next.

Users who are viewing this thread