What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

I'm back in business for a night.  

Curry, Thomas, Thompson, Richardson, Durant, Winslow, Robinson, Zinger, Turner

Curry, Paul, Young, Richardson, Durant, Winslow, Robinson, Young, Whiteside

:shrug:

hate my lineup tonight.  wish no dray news so i could have just faded gsw.  now i have steph and kd who will get mid-30s each and then sit the 4th up 27.  sigh.

dragic/curry

richardson/redick

durant/deng

young/lma

whiteside

Having a huge night, LUs at 306.80, 332.10 and 260 with JJred and Paul left

Cashing all DBL UPS, 50/50s and winning 2 $5 100 PLs and 1 $10 100PL

So I need a big night from Mareesse and CP3. 
Have Teague Durant Winslow Lin and some not so great picks along with Crawford and Speights going. Teams in the top 300 of a big gpp with nowhere to go but up. I was +138 yesterday recovering some of the recent low scores.  Oof, as I type Crawford hits MoBuckets with an easy one and he whiffs!

Currently 83rd and 14 pts back. Two cp3 owners in front of me so 3rd place is best potential placing. Two jj red owners in there too

Have Teague Durant Winslow Lin and some not so great picks along with Crawford and Speights going. Teams in the top 300 of a big gpp with nowhere to go but up. I was +138 yesterday recovering some of the recent low scores.  Oof, as I type Crawford hits MoBuckets with an easy one and he whiffs!
Just another turd in a string of them from me. I'm not building horrible rosters, just not good enough rosters. My low-owned plays tonight (Iggy and Speights) will both be really good (assuming Speights is even half decent in the 2nd half). I just stubbed my toe a bit on a couple and didn't have any monsters from anyone else to compensate. Been this way for a week straight. My only consolation has been scaling my action way back.  

Ended up winning $53 on $12 of entries. Far cry from the grand that was there for the taking. Only my Javale lineups tanked as everything else was between 315 and 350. Also spent $7 on 5 ticket contests and hit on all accumulating $29 worth of tickets. 

Massive slate tonight. I know my ability to build a winning cash lineup is compromised on these huge slates, but I thoroughly enjoy the process a ton. I'll probably go from 1/3 units in play to a full 2 or 2.5 units in play tonight. Not good bankroll management I know, but I don't care. 

My initial lineup tonight:

Goran/Mudiay

Lavine/Fournier

LBJ/Luol

Millsap/Speights

Gobert

Gotta watch on Fournier, but I think I almost have a plan if he's out. 

Big slate so going with 3 cash LUs tonight

Dangelo/Mudiay/Harris/Crabb/LB/Kawi/AD/Lee/Vucevic

Westy/Mack/Harris/Crabb/LB/Winslow/AD/Lee/RLopez

IsiahT/Holiday/JoshR/Crabb/LB/Kawi/Deing/Lee/KAT

Could also go

Drag/Holid/Harris/Crabb/Butl/Kawi/Deing/Lee/Cousins

Some GPPs

Mudiay/Mack/Harris/Crabb/Kawi/LB/AD/Lee/KAT -Really Like this one, will enter it into both GPPs and a $10 and $25 100 player League

Westy/Mudia/Harris/Crabb/Wiggs/Kawi/Aldrich/Lee/KAT

Westy/Mack/Hard/Crabb/LB/Cov/Deing/Lee/Dedman- really like this one as well and wll enter into several GPPs and 100 player league

Deangl/Mack/Booker/Harris/LB/Kawi/AD/Deing/Dedman

Westy/Holday/Harris/Crabb/Butler/Baze/Deing/Lee/KAT

Good luck tonight fellas

Would have been best to avoid Westbrook and his 30 points

28 in and 14 out plus 30 in tickets on 6  in. 

I think I found the key on when to fade hoopsguys. When the analysis and ivc don't jive there's a problem. When I've used their info and won the ivc supported the story they were telling

If anyone is in the Christmas spirit I'd love to have a couple of low priced options for tomorrow's slate

its hard to stay away from the clev gs game but everyone is going to be on that game

If anyone is in the Christmas spirit I'd love to have a couple of low priced options for tomorrow's slate

its hard to stay away from the clev gs game but everyone is going to be on that game
For what it's worth I like Reddick as a cheap option today. Lakers defense is awful, and at only 4500 it's good salary relief for all the studs that are available today. 

HFS - I think I might actually hit a cash line in NBA!!  I know very little about the game and trying to learn players, etc.. if I hang on it might make me 1 for 10 on NBA lineups. 

I also have 2 EPL LUs in for tomorrow, and looking at hockey too.  I think I need help.  ;)

Baab200 said:
For what it's worth I like Reddick as a cheap option today. Lakers defense is awful, and at only 4500 it's good salary relief for all the studs that are available today. 
Thank you. Made money in santa slam thanks to this

Anyone interested in tonight slate? I normally play GPP's on slates this small but I'm not too crazy about any of the games tonight.

Anyone interested in tonight slate? I normally play GPP's on slates this small but I'm not too crazy about any of the games tonight.
Did some GPPs and 100 player leagues, favorite LU is

West,DAng, Hood,JoshR,Hayward,Winslow,Randle,Powell,Whiteside

A close second

West, Mack, Harden,JoshR,HBarns,Winsl,Kantar,JayG,MHarr

Swing for the fences

West,IThom,Hardwn,Hood,Winsl,JJohnson,Powell,JayG,Mejri

If  PBev doesn't play then I want more Harden exposure

Last edited by a moderator:
Did some GPPs and 100 player leagues, favorite LU is

West,DAng, Hood,JoshR,Hayward,Winslow,Randle,Powell,Whiteside

A close second

West, Mack, Harden,JoshR,HBarns,Winsl,Kantar,JayG,MHarr

Swing for the fences

West,IThom,Hardwn,Hood,Winsl,JJohnson,Powell,JayG,Mejri

If  PBev doesn't play then I want more Harden exposure
With Drag out I'm moving off DAng to TylerJ

Nice night for me last night. Finally. Would have been much nicer if I had stuck w/ Harrison over Mack. But that would have required me to (a) roll out 4 Grizzlies and (b) go w/ $1700 in unused salary. So I "upgraded". Still hit 309 on a relatively low-scoring night and made some money. I'm still way down for the last couple weeks though. 

Tonight I think I'm all-in on Rose and Wall at PG. Hard to ignore those cherry match-ups. If I knew who was going to get the minutes for the Clips, he might bump Rose. But that feels like it'll be a "hot hand" kind of a share tonight. Good for GPP but not for cash. 

Why do the projections not match the IVC projections? Is the IVC updated and the projections page not updated?
And they handed the keys back to the guy who does the unrealistic projections.  Every lineup i come up with is in the 310-316 range.  That will never happen.  31 guys with a 50+ value.  I'll say 70-80% don't hit value.  

And they handed the keys back to the guy who does the unrealistic projections.  Every lineup i come up with is in the 310-316 range.  That will never happen.  31 guys with a 50+ value.  I'll say 70-80% don't hit value.  
To a certain extent the absolute projections don't matter since it's all about comparisons -- if the best play is projected to score 30 or 40 is irrelevant if he's the best projected play. That said, yeah the whole cohort (at least at the top) is skewed too high. Whatever algorithm they're using needs to be tweaked to flatten out at the top. 

Users who are viewing this thread