What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (2 Viewers)

Playing mostly GPPs and 100 player leagues

One cash LU

RegJ,TJMcConn,Ant,GHarris,KD,Harkl,Aldrich,Jokic,Gasol

Best GPP LU

Holid,RegJ,Ant,Stauk,Wiggs,Bazemr,AD,Leuer,Embid

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not sure I wouldn't take my $1 that I spent to win it back. I can't believe people actually spend $5 on a contest like this. Top 0.28% is literally just random. 
80 people didn't submit a lineup.

I didn't realize that I was in a satellite to a satellite when I entered.

BassNBrew said:
Well Aldridge is going to torpedo 3/4s of my lineups.
Yesterday was gross. My only saving grace was just playing 1/3 a credit. Of course I liked the early slate much better and played 1/3 a credit there too. I was right -- I was much better in the early slate, just missing the cutlines instead of being in the bottom 15%. 2/3 a credit in 0 credits out.  

Aldridge sunk my lineups as well. $30 in $15 out. So all in all wasn't a complete disaster. 

Moving on to tonight's slate there's a lot of top guys I like, Westbrook not being one of them.  Thinking I'm going to fade West for the likes of Giannis, Harden, Butlet, and Porzingis.  I really want to like Heyward, but he seems to be one dimensional.  If he doesn't score, he's not getting points from boards or assists.  Also like Love, but for 800 less I think you can get the same production from Porzingis.  Unless Irvin sits then could get a slight bump from Love

Aldridge sunk my lineups as well. $30 in $15 out. So all in all wasn't a complete disaster. 

Moving on to tonight's slate there's a lot of top guys I like, Westbrook not being one of them.  Thinking I'm going to fade West for the likes of Giannis, Harden, Butlet, and Porzingis.  I really want to like Heyward, but he seems to be one dimensional.  If he doesn't score, he's not getting points from boards or assists.  Also like Love, but for 800 less I think you can get the same production from Porzingis.  Unless Irvin sits then could get a slight bump from Love
I think I'm all-in on Love -- early slate and late. He's got a great match-up regardless of Irving's status and I think it's better than 50/50 that Irving sits. I don't see going w/ Freak either. I'm liking Harden and LBJ as my 5-figure guys I think. 

Any feeling on Rondo's status? MCW gets really interesting if Rondo is in the basement of the dog house. 

$10 in and $15 out.  $49 of tickets flushed down the drain.  Shame because I had some really solid lineups, but 8 of 1700+ is tight.

Is it me or do the BasketballGuys matchup analysis seemed skewed.  The points against per position don't seem to be showing the same data they were last week. For example it's showing the Nets as having a great defense.

Finally cashed a ticket last night.  Won a $25 millymaker ticket a week ago on a $2 entry and cashed it for $40 when Rodgers to Adams for a TD and 2 pt propelled me from way back to just clearing the cash line.

cashed out sunday and took the last week of the year off but now im back.  hope everybody here is much richer...

first thought is that it might be a good night for 2 cash game lineups with all the studs and great value choices tonight.  thoughts?

cashed out sunday and took the last week of the year off but now im back.  hope everybody here is much richer...

first thought is that it might be a good night for 2 cash game lineups with all the studs and great value choices tonight.  thoughts?
I found 15 lineups I like.

haha.  going just 1 since a lot of the value closed up.  big time stars and scrubs tonight.  we'll see how it goes...

Looked at rotoworld and another site I used for football.  Looked at DvP, minutes, injuries, used their suggestions and still suck horribly at this.  Probably just best to move on.  Not sure I've had one lineup much more than 250pts on DK and most barely clear 200.  Good thing I was just doing $.25 entries and an occasional $1 entry as I did this. 

Looked at rotoworld and another site I used for football.  Looked at DvP, minutes, injuries, used their suggestions and still suck horribly at this.  Probably just best to move on.  Not sure I've had one lineup much more than 250pts on DK and most barely clear 200.  Good thing I was just doing $.25 entries and an occasional $1 entry as I did this. 
:yes:

besides the occasional scratch the itch play.

The projections have been really bad lately.
Are you using hindsight or have you thought the projections were off before tipoff?  If the later, what process are you using to determine which players you like?  I still don't really know anything about DFS basketball but I'd still like to learn more... right now I'm relying heavily on the IVC and the daily email from Hoops guys. 

Are you using hindsight or have you thought the projections were off before tipoff?  If the later, what process are you using to determine which players you like?  I still don't really know anything about DFS basketball but I'd still like to learn more... right now I'm relying heavily on the IVC and the daily email from Hoops guys. 
Both, but I've notice the days to stay away are when you can make team after team in the 320 range or when the IVC and the daily e-mail don't match.  An example of the later is when someone values out in the 55 range on the IVC and doesn't even make a secondary play.  Regarding the former, some have argued that it should matter but I think it might influence Studs and Duds approach vs Balance Lineup approach.

KarmaPolice said:
Same here. I'm 2/20 in NBA and down like $35

Steeler said:

BassNBrew said:
Both, but I've notice the days to stay away are when you can make team after team in the 320 range or when the IVC and the daily e-mail don't match.  An example of the later is when someone values out in the 55 range on the IVC and doesn't even make a secondary play.  Regarding the former, some have argued that it should matter but I think it might influence Studs and Duds approach vs Balance Lineup approach.
the projections and the ivc are a good start to get an idea of what you should do.  problem is that nothing matters before 6pm.  use them very cautiously.  ive said this before: the game writeups are great in giving you insight into who might be good plays. keep all that in mind.  then, wait for 6 pm.  everything changes in the last hour.  tons of value opens up and tons of value closes.  ive said this before too: if you want to do this seriously you absolutely need to be sitting in front of your computer between 6-7 or at the very least between 630-7.

at this point ignore all the ivc/projection stuff except in cases where no injury info has come out.  follow rotoword nba headlines at the very least.  other late breaking news sites are basketballmonster and also the rotogrinders daily thread.  keep in mind that theres tons of assclowns, trolls and losing players on rotogrinders but it is a good source for last minute news (just ignore pretty much all the actual advice given in that thread as its basically all garbage).  then just follow whos out and see where the value plays emerge.  that will allow you to fit in the studs you need.  hope this helps a little.

also, are we supposed to get paid back for our hoopsguys subscriptions?  i thought i heard that somewhere.
I think BnB did.

So I'll get sucked in tonight because of the Knotts freeroll. Boogie is the only high priced player (over 10k) going tonight. On the IVC, he doesn't compute into the top LUs. When u put your holders in before 6pm, are u using him or not? Obviously many of u run out many LUs so u will have shares regardless. But if u only had 1, where do u stand? 

center is so deep tonight and den has been pretty good against them.  right now i have kat instead.  if something opens up or changes i would def be open to playing cousins tonight.  fwiw the centers i like for fd cash tonight are m gasol, cousins, kat, embiid.

Same here. I'm 2/20 in NBA and down like $35
I guess it's not just me. I think you have one more winning LU than me though.  ;)

Tonight I used a LU generator with a couple players I identified, so we will see how that goes.  I have 4 LUs in for a total of one whole dollar!. 

I will fully admit to not knowing a ton about basketball or follow it that much.  Now I am just being stubborn b/c I know less about Premiere League Soccer and have been able to win more at that, or at least have my LUs on the brink of winning.  Same for hockey.   NBA I don't seem to come close for some reason. 

also, are we supposed to get paid back for our hoopsguys subscriptions?  i thought i heard that somewhere.
I received a refund for hoopsguys on 12/28 without having to ask for it. I would definitely follow up with them to make sure you didn't slip through the cracks. 

I guess it's not just me. I think you have one more winning LU than me though.  ;)

Tonight I used a LU generator with a couple players I identified, so we will see how that goes.  I have 4 LUs in for a total of one whole dollar!. 

I will fully admit to not knowing a ton about basketball or follow it that much.  Now I am just being stubborn b/c I know less about Premiere League Soccer and have been able to win more at that, or at least have my LUs on the brink of winning.  Same for hockey.   NBA I don't seem to come close for some reason. 
Just made the cash line in a $2 50/50 last night scoring 285.8 to finish 46/100. just realized yesterday that the content was still free and gave it a go. Kind of disappointing to see the FD specific analysis articles were incomplete even on a small slate but there was more info then last time I used the site 4 weeks ago.

Just made the cash line in a $2 50/50 last night scoring 285.8 to finish 46/100. just realized yesterday that the content was still free and gave it a go. Kind of disappointing to see the FD specific analysis articles were incomplete even on a small slate but there was more info then last time I used the site 4 weeks ago.
:thumbup:

I also had my first 300+ LU on DK last night.  I had taken out my money from FD, but transferred some of my winnings back to FD for the others sports to compare sites.  It seems like FD's pricing is usually a little softer when I look at it (not sure if that is good or bad), but what I did like is that the positions are solid for sports on FD.  I believe DK has more strategy b/c you have to decide if you are playing a guy at PG or SG or what players are best in the utility position.  I figure if I have to narrow my focus I could just concentrate on other things as I learn this more.  Looks like the same goes for soccer and hockey on FD too. 

Just knocked down 1st in the NBA Shot and NBA Shot #4 (both 7:30 slate) for $204 out on $6 in.  Rolling the dice on Labron and Mcrae was the key.

Have $108 in total in play tonight with $40 of that in 8 lineups in the Jumbo qualifier ($40 tickets).  One lineup is sitting at 320 with Al-Far left so that should be at least a push.  Only went crazy there because they were giving out $1200 in tickets with 218 entries x $5 = $1090 collected.  Hoping to sneak a second entry through.

One contest had 8 spots chopped, the other had 10.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just knocked down 1st in the NBA Shot and NBA Shot #4 (both 7:30 slate) for $204 out on $6 in.  Rolling the dice on Labron and Mcrae was the key.

Have $108 in total in play tonight with $40 of that in 8 lineups in the Jumbo qualifier ($40 tickets).  One lineup is sitting at 320 with Al-Far left so that should be at least a push.  Only went crazy there because they were giving out $1200 in tickets with 218 entries x $5 = $1090 collected.  Hoping to sneak a second entry through.
Building on this...

All 3 $1 swat entries cashed for $3, $4, and $5.  $3 in, $12 out.

325 was even close to getting a $5 ticket thru to the mega, needed 362

$1 single busted, $2 single cashed for $4.  $3 in, $4 out

Football guy freebie busted, needed 356.  Hopefully some of you played these lineups elsewhere.

5 $3 entries in a mini-shot netted $0, $0, $6, $6, and $8.  $15 in, $20 out.

Got 3 of my 8 $5 entries thru for a $40 ticket to the Jumbo Slam.  Interesting note, the last winner had a 8 team train so FD had to give out 4 extra tickets on a contest that already had overlay.  $40 in, $120 out in tickets.  

1 of 2 $4 entries in the late Clutch cashed for $8.  $8 in, $8 out

Put 2 $12 entries in the late satellite to the Jumbo Dunk.  5 $150 tickets available ($750) with only 50 entires ($600).  Got one thru in the last minute of the Por/GS game.  $24 in, $150 in tickets out.

Total on the night including tickets won, $108 in, $248 in cash, $270 in tickets ($518 total)

Users who are viewing this thread