What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (1 Viewer)

From this site

Sergio Rodriguez - Out - Rodriguez missed his second-straight game due to left ankle sprain and will not play Friday against the Celtics.
Everything else I'm seeing shows TJ starting and Sergio questionable. No Sergio, TJ becomes very playable in all formats. 

Bleep it, got some Weller 12 year to sip tonight and going to have a nice fire in the pit so I went a little larger than usual for NBA tonight

1 cash LU

$20 worth of $2 Big DBL ups and $20 worth of $2 100 50/50s

Wall/Brog/AveB/Kilp/Mello/Coving/Love/JJohn/Embiid

GPP and $5 100 player League

Wall/Brog/Lavine/AveB/Mello/Wigg/Parker/Markif/Vucevic

My, my SF are better than yours GPP and $5 100 player League

Brog/TJMcCon/Hard/Ant/Coving/Crowd/Parker/JJohn/Monroe

My No Cheap PG GPP and $5 100 player League

Drag/Payt/Ant/AveB/Mello/AGord/JJohn/Markif/Gortat

My something completely different GPP and $5 100 player League

Wall/TYLaw/Beal/JJRed/KD/Mello/parker/Markif/MHarr

Express LU

Brog/TJMcCon/Ant/Kilp/Mello/Crowd/Love/Parker/Embiid

Late Night

Drag/Curry/JJRed/Ant/Gay/BINgram/parker/JJohn/Monroe

After Hours LUs

Curry/Drag/TAllen/JoshR/KD/Gay/JJohn/DRaymont/WReed

DAng/TY John/JJRed/JoshR/KD/MBarns/JJohn/Randle/Cousins

If ever the IVC was right about a player please let it be PF JJohnson tonight.

$206 in

Best of luck to all

going crazy and playing $5 in NBA tonight to see if I'm still hot

$2 50/50 and $1 25k dribbler lineup    curry brogdon greek Reddick Durant covington Johnson morris gortat

$2 50/50 express slate  brogdon irving Kilpatrick greek melo crowder parker illyasova noah

Last edited by a moderator:
Bleep it, got some Weller 12 year to sip tonight and going to have a nice fire in the pit so I went a little larger than usual for NBA tonight

1 cash LU

Express LU

Late Night

After Hours LUs

$206 in

Best of luck to all
Much action. If it makes you feel better, the Mathbox is high on Johnson too -- 2nd best $/point on the board. Mike's subjective comment:

"On the other end of risk is Johnson who is averaging 33.5 vs 27 with a super-tight range of 33-34 in those 3 games [with no Whiteside]. He's got a Confidence Range [standard deviation] of 23-40."

Good luck, BTW. 

going crazy and playing $5 in NBA tonight to see if I'm still hot

$2 50/50 and $1 25k dribbler lineup    curry brogdon greek Reddick Durant covington Johnson morris gortat

$2 50/50 express slate  brogdon irving Kilpatrick greek melo crowder parker illyasova noah
Keep an eye on Noah, notbsure he is playing

1 cash LU

Express LU

Late Night

After Hours LUs

$206 in

Best of luck to all
Seems Vucevic is on the bench, pivoting to Gortat

What a game. That was the most amazing quarter I can remember in a long time. If teams can't force Memphis's bigs off the court, Memphis might be really, really good. It doesn't even matter who wins in OT at this point. I think Memphis might be in GS's head a bit. Steph was lights-out for 3+ quarters at home and that still wasn't enough to get it done in regulation. 

Memphis outscored GS 49-21 in the 4th+OT. I don't even care that my cash lineup was a turd. Wow. What a collapse/comeback depending on your POV. Go Grizz. 

So what happens in tonight's late night slate??

3 game slate and 2 of those games postponed due to weather

Well damnit. I went to early drinks w/ my wife before she went to a work thing. Was careful to select only "safe" plays, but totally didn't think about weather. I have Morris going (actually not going) in Portland. 

Ugh. What could have been. 349.2 w/ a dead spot. I know exactly what I would have done had I known the Portland game was postponed -- Morris => MKG -- just b/c the salaries worked. Netted 2.7 credits as it was, but it could have been so much more. 

$1 10k dribbler

westy mcw oladipo hield mcdermitt Roberson davis mirotic towns

Maybe some of you NBA DFS vets can correct me if I'm wrong but thinking on a small slate that gpp is the way to go. Also think some of the pros may take the night off making it a softer game. Got all the studs I could and added cheap guys who may have extra minutes tonight.

$1 10k dribbler

Maybe some of you NBA DFS vets can correct me if I'm wrong but thinking on a small slate that gpp is the way to go. Also think some of the pros may take the night off making it a softer game. Got all the studs I could and added cheap guys who may have extra minutes tonight.
Guys far smarter than me insist that small slates lend themselves to GPP play, so I think you're correct. 

This is what I'm thinking on cash tonight:

Freak/Rose

Wade/Lee

Melo/Wiggins

Kanter/Dieng

Noah

if I get word that butler is playing I may move Wade out and try to turn Melo into Butler. That dude has been on fire  

I love that the Basketball Guys offered everyone refunds since they made the site free for the season, however it's become really watered down lately. I have no problem paying for a one stop source of information/stats/optimized, but based on how things have been playing out the past few weeks it's going to be tuff to see payment for the lack of content. 

To not be all negative, the projections have been far greater recently compared to early season. But would like to see the short paragraph breakdowns come back more frequently, as well as maybe a GPP article once a week for the big slate nights. 

Just my two cents, cause I love what these guys do on the football side. Hoping that with football winding down hoops info will pick up.

I love that the Basketball Guys offered everyone refunds since they made the site free for the season, however it's become really watered down lately. I have no problem paying for a one stop source of information/stats/optimized, but based on how things have been playing out the past few weeks it's going to be tuff to see payment for the lack of content. 

To not be all negative, the projections have been far greater recently compared to early season. But would like to see the short paragraph breakdowns come back more frequently, as well as maybe a GPP article once a week for the big slate nights. 

Just my two cents, cause I love what these guys do on the football side. Hoping that with football winding down hoops info will pick up.
I agree especially about the IVC-its been really good lately. I don't think Ive seen a single aritcle since December. I really liked the Daily Drive or whatever it was called that gave some insight to the matchups and top plays and fades.

I hope the rest of you were off of Rose because you are in for a good night.
It wasn't just Rose, but all the rest of the Knicks too. That team is really, really terrible w/o Rose. I might have been able to survive the lack of Rose if Melo, Noah, and Lee didn't also suck and the game get out of hand. 

It wasn't just Rose, but all the rest of the Knicks too. That team is really, really terrible w/o Rose. I might have been able to survive the lack of Rose if Melo, Noah, and Lee didn't also suck and the game get out of hand. 
I take that back -- Wiggins was awful too. Just a dumpster fire all around. 

Last night was extremely low scoring thanks to most of the chalk busting hard (McDermott, Lee) and the rose scratch.  I had 264 on fanduel and cashed in triple ups with some margin. 

Last night was extremely low scoring thanks to most of the chalk busting hard (McDermott, Lee) and the rose scratch.  I had 264 on fanduel and cashed in triple ups with some margin. 
Yeah. Even semi-competence on my part would have been enough. I loaded up on Knicks (4 to be precise), who ranged from useless (Rose) to horrific (Lee, Melo) to pretty bad (Noah) then Wiggins threw up a turd to boot. 

$1 10k dribbler

This lineup got me $3 scoring 274.5. Apparently Rose ditched the team on his own with no warning due to a family situation

What do we do w/ the Bulls tonight? While we've previously established that technically no one HAS to score, it sure seems like someone will score against Washington tonight. Is Rondo going to play? Does it matter? Feels like there's a ton a value to be found there if you know how to look for it properly. 

What do we do w/ the Bulls tonight? While we've previously established that technically no one HAS to score, it sure seems like someone will score against Washington tonight. Is Rondo going to play? Does it matter? Feels like there's a ton a value to be found there if you know how to look for it properly. 
Beat writer seems to think that Rondo wont play, I don't know anything about D Valentine

Users who are viewing this thread