What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Hoopsguys - FBG ventures into NBA DFS (2 Viewers)

Does that leave any attractive options in that game?Does that leave any attractive options in that game?
Well, you the winner so what do you think. Seriously, I'm on a cold streak and keeping the bank roll close to the vest. So many juicy games to exploit tonight, I generally fade these big slates. I guess Boogie is the primary beneficiary of no Gay and Casspi, but Temple too sort of.

Well, you the winner so what do you think. Seriously, I'm on a cold streak and keeping the bank roll close to the vest. So many juicy games to exploit tonight, I generally fade these big slates. I guess Boogie is the primary beneficiary of no Gay and Casspi, but Temple too sort of.
thought you were on epic win streak???

thought you were on epic win streak???
I had a big day November 20th and used the bankroll wisely through Thanksgiving and a little beyond (not epic $, but redhot teams for a couple weeks), then I started treading water again, and for the last half dozen slates, I have been bad. It happens. 

I had a big day November 20th and used the bankroll wisely through Thanksgiving and a little beyond (not epic $, but redhot teams for a couple weeks), then I started treading water again, and for the last half dozen slates, I have been bad. It happens. 
somebody posted here like a month ago that they were not using the projections and crushing it at like 90% win rate or something.  was that you?  if not, i apologize it was a while ago and im too lazy to go back and look.

tonight is tough.  lot of options for studs.  i think temple has to be a lock in fd cash games so that leaves giannis vs harden.  then paul, boogie or lbj.  lots of good plays at c but man cousins is in a sick spot.  40+% usage in highest o/u of any competitive game.  plus narrative is that por is bad vs frountcourt.

I never used terms like crushing it or 90% win rate, but yeah, I don't use anyone's projections for anything more than understanding what to expect from others on a given slate. I'm a pretty hardcore hoops junkie dfs or not. I pretty much jot down the Grind Down recommendations every day before it publishes. I watch bits of every game, and sometimes all of every game. I'm feeling bored with this for some reason this year. It's probably the mediocre results. I'm spending a week in Tahoe after Christmas, maybe that will do me good. No DFS in Nevada.

tonight is tough.  lot of options for studs.  i think temple has to be a lock in fd cash games so that leaves giannis vs harden.  then paul, boogie or lbj.  lots of good plays at c but man cousins is in a sick spot.  40+% usage in highest o/u of any competitive game.  plus narrative is that por is bad vs frountcourt.
We're just having fun with it here. Me my daughter my brother his son and another nephew have 3 leagues going. One on the entire slate. One in the three game turbo and one in the three game late slate. Everyone has $30 on the line, pizza and beer is on me. :)

sweet! ill be over for beer and pizza after lineups lock.
You're always welcome if you love hoops. 

Also if you ever have a h2h opponent that you know, you HAVE to do the turbo slates against him. It is a riot, three or four games starting and ending at once.

Honestly don't put much time into analysis on the big slates. Use others projections and focus my time on chasing overlay.  Finding overlay seems to help my odds better than a coin flip player decision

forgot to mention this earlier but no writeup for every game again.  cmon guys youre better than that!  we want to hear devins analysis on every game.

(in before "its free now so what did you expect?")

forgot to mention this earlier but no writeup for every game again.  cmon guys youre better than that!  we want to hear devins analysis on every game.

(in before "its free now so what did you expect?")
And no articles for over a week.  I'm guess the 15 experts they promised didn't pan out when Tenn_ATO said his daughter had to go to school.

looks like another crazy night.  cash lines already at 192 in fd cash games with multiple games in ot and 3 high scoring late games not started yet.  harden, abc, lbj and every pg did well.  cp3 65% owned.  dont think we'll quite have last nights cashlines but could be close...

331.  cashed everything.  4 winning nights in a row!
Was up over $550 with a quarter left in the last game, 1st place in 4 $5 100 player leagues and cashing in multiple GPPs at $25+, and then the bomb hits and the trailers catch up, LUs finished at 318.80, 327.60 and 336.2,$54 in $194 out.

Was up over $550 with a quarter left in the last game, 1st place in 4 $5 100 player leagues and cashing in multiple GPPs at $25+, and then the bomb hits and the trailers catch up, LUs finished at 318.80, 327.60 and 336.2,$54 in $194 out.
gjge

interesting night upcoming.  almost all the stars are playing, a lot of them on b2bs.  and another cle/mil game.

I'm back after taking a couple days off. I was just awful for awhile. 

Any word on Love tonight yet? I think his presence/absence is the biggest driver of the night. 

no interest in frye really.  not in cash games.  looked good last night though.  only started one other time this season and it was that mem debacle where he put up < 6 pts.  idk maybe its different with lbj/kyrie on the court?

Tennessee_ATO said:
Now the question is:  Who do you roster? Frye gives you some salary relief and looks ok. After that, LBJ? Kyrie? Both?
RJeff is starting in his place

Last edited by a moderator:
running good and love my lineup so obv tonight will be a disaster :/  went pretty balanced.  fd cash:

rwb/mack -  well not balanced here but felt like both were locks

lavine/booker - def a little scared with these 2 in cash games since neither are exactly known for their consistency.  but i think both are in great spots tonight.

bazemore/porter

parker/millsap

gortat

gl everyone

sweatin it out big time.  10 pts above cashline with only 4th qtr from booker and mack left.  hope porter getting hurt isnt what prevents me from cashing.  that would suck.

is that real or sarcasm?  didnt see what he did tonight.
Real. It didn't matter for me though. McCollum's turd doomed me. I was in decent shape headed into late games -- well north of the cutline w/ Mack and Nene having a half to go and CJ tipping off. From that moment on -- bupkis. 

Still playing all gpps.  $18.50 in winnings on $21 in entry fees.  Hit the $1 gpps and lost the $3 gpps.

Now normally I don't play for tickets because they are a huge scam, but I've been seeing overlay there.  Invested $9 in 5 contests.  Won 4 of 5 netting a 2 $5 tickets and 2 $7 tickets.  Looks like these tickets are all for Mega qualifiers so FD will be collecting rake 3 times before playing out.  The only reason I got in was because of huge "overlay" that should offset some of this rake.  One contest was giving away 5 tickets ($5 value) and only had 8 entires ($2).  $16 collected for "$25 value".  Second was 5 tickets ($5) with 11 entries ($2).  $22 collected for "$25 value".  Third and fourth contests were 17 tickets ($7) with 50 entries ($2).  $100 collected for "$117 value".  Hit those four and missed on a fifth that had $78 collected for "$100 value".

Here's my early gpp look at tonight...

Thomas/Payton

Fournier/Thompson

Durant/Crowder

Young/Ibaka

Vucevic

Tough night.  The value is in the GS/Brooklyn game but will it stay close enough?  There should be value in LAC/SA but I'm not finding it.  Would love for someone to weigh in here.

Here's my early gpp look at tonight...

Thomas/Payton

Fournier/Thompson

Durant/Crowder

Young/Ibaka

Vucevic

Tough night.  The value is in the GS/Brooklyn game but will it stay close enough?  There should be value in LAC/SA but I'm not finding it.  Would love for someone to weigh in here.
I agree with this last paragraph. I'm currently considering Maresse and Danny Green as possible value plays in the SA-LAC game. I'm also eyeing CP3 at PG, tho his price point is pretty high given the matchup. In that GS-BRK game, I don't know. I have Klay and Iggy as possibilities, but I really haven't drilled down much. Durant has been really efficient so he's a consideration. I kind of like Bog for some reason too. 

I agree with this last paragraph. I'm currently considering Maresse and Danny Green as possible value plays in the SA-LAC game. I'm also eyeing CP3 at PG, tho his price point is pretty high given the matchup. In that GS-BRK game, I don't know. I have Klay and Iggy as possibilities, but I really haven't drilled down much. Durant has been really efficient so he's a consideration. I kind of like Bog for some reason too. 
CP3 really hasn't had that "pop" for his price.  Consistent, which is fine for cash, but not many 50 and 60 point nights to cash in a gpp.  If Sprights could get some play time he'd kill it at his pt/min rate.

CP3 really hasn't had that "pop" for his price.  Consistent, which is fine for cash, but not many 50 and 60 point nights to cash in a gpp.  If Sprights could get some play time he'd kill it at his pt/min rate.
He's had a couple 60 pointers the last few weeks with a 50-burger too. And I think he's more apt to go off w/o Blake, but your point is valid -- he's more of a cash play than GPP, especially facing SA. 

My quick lineup last night doesn't look awful to me today at lunch. A little more risk than I like, but it works as a foundation. 

CP3/Teague

Richardson/Klay

Melo/Iggy

Porzingis/Speights*

Whiteside

* My daughter has told me that if I ever want to win, never use him again so I may have to bail there. 

I could go w/ Vuc over Whiteside and IT2 over CP3 and use the savings to do something with Speights, but I don't really know what that would be. 

My quick lineup last night doesn't look awful to me today at lunch. A little more risk than I like, but it works as a foundation. 

CP3/Teague

Richardson/Klay

Melo/Iggy

Porzingis/Speights*

Whiteside

* My daughter has told me that if I ever want to win, never use him again so I may have to bail there. 

I could go w/ Vuc over Whiteside and IT2 over CP3 and use the savings to do something with Speights, but I don't really know what that would be. 
Some crossover from mine

Curry/Teague/Klay/JoshR/Wins/Mello/Thad/Ibaka/White

Paul/Drag/JJRed/JohsR/Wins/Mello/Thad/Porz/White

Drag/IThom/Fourn/JoshR/Wins/KD/Thad/Porz/MTurn

Some crossover from mine

Curry/Teague/Klay/JoshR/Wins/Mello/Thad/Ibaka/White

Paul/Drag/JJRed/JohsR/Wins/Mello/Thad/Porz/White

Drag/IThom/Fourn/JoshR/Wins/KD/Thad/Porz/MTurn
You're big on the Heat. I'd like to get Thad instead of Mareesse but it's tough. I can't get there with CP3=>IT2, but going to Goran or Whiteside=>Vuc leaves me with a ton of unspent salary.  I could take Iggy to Luol I guess, but I don't have confidence with him despite his crazy run recently. 

You're big on the Heat. I'd like to get Thad instead of Mareesse but it's tough. I can't get there with CP3=>IT2, but going to Goran or Whiteside=>Vuc leaves me with a ton of unspent salary.  I could take Iggy to Luol I guess, but I don't have confidence with him despite his crazy run recently. 
It's not that I particularly like the Heat, but with the injuries Drag/JoshR and Winslow should get 40 minutes plus and the Lakers are really bad defensively.  Whiteside, outside of MTurner is the only C I liked tonight, looks at B Lopez but C just seem to struggles against GS

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread