What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Brand Spanking new ***OFFICIAL*** Ohio State Buckeyes thread! (3 Viewers)

Honestly, did not watch it.  Checked the score from time to time, but spent the evening helping a daughter with homework and playing Ghost Recon with my son. :shrug:

Looks like we will steal DE Tyler Friday from Michigan, which has been his lean for a long time.

Javontae Jean-Baptiste is another lean that has gone all Buckeyes recently.  Intriguing and amazingly athletic OLB/DE prospect.

Crystal balls leaning OSU for Rasheed Walker now as well, which is huge.

Good recruiting week for OSU. :hifive:

Dixon, Campbell and Dre’Mont coming back. Dre’Mont makes the bigger impact but love seeing these guys back. 
These were great decisions for them and us.   Both Paris and Johnny have amazing speed and potential at WR and Jones is a great blessing. 

Mad Cow said:
These were great decisions for them and us.   Both Paris and Johnny have amazing speed and potential at WR and Jones is a great blessing. 
I like the idea of some continuity within the WRs.  I feel like many have been around for a year or two and left.  Very non-existant, which may be a product of JT and his use of his legs rather than his arm.  I'm interested to see how this guys fair with a pure thrower vs a running QB.

Tyler Friday committing today and looks like the good guys will land him.  The D Line haul this class is amazing.

Rasheed Walker starting to trend to Ohio State, as well, which would be YOOOOGE.  He has risen to the #2 OT prospect.  Hoping for a few more #Booms in the coming days.

#Boom, Friday chose tOSU on Friday.  Looks to be pretty impressive, and the plan is to move him to DE.  Best part of this one is he was a top target for Michigan in this class.  I believe he would have been their highest rated recruit.  Now, nah. :)

#Boom, 4 * WR Chris Olave commits over UCLA and Utah.  Has huge playmaking ability.   4 WRs this cycle shows that the early signing period has developed a strategy of best player available like in the NFL draft. 

Interesting development yesterday.  Dayton RB Tavion Thomas that was committed to Oklahoma decommitted after visiting with Urban and has an offer in hand.  3 RBs in one class would be a little crazy, but this kid is huge and has incredible speed.  The biggest concern is his academics.  Word is that he might take a year at a JUCO to get his grades up to be able to enroll and then join the 2019 class.  Either way, seems to be very underrated.

Bucks are distancing themselves from Tavion, likely due to grades.

In a potential HUGE coup, Nicholas Petit-Frere is trending to Ohio State at 79%.  The #1 OT and #7 overall player in the country would all but seal the #1 recruiting ranking for 2018.  :excited: for tomorrow.

That would be amazing, especially since the kid from Ohio buckled. 
This Petit-Frere kid looks amazing.  Super smart and driven.  The more you read about him, the more you respect and like him.  Crossing fingers.  Getting him and Max Wray would make for a huge strength in this class.

Had a couple of #Boom's over the last month.  RB Sampson James looks like a fantastic RB with the size and athleticism to be a star.  OT RYan Jacoby could go either way.  This 2019 class looks like it will be heavy on OL and DE.  As long as we get Zach Harrison, which looks like a sure thing, will be amazing.  We have a couple of great OT still looking like they will sign.

Meanwhile...

Devastating recruiting losses today.  Nicholas Petit-Frere was on the radar for 2 years and went to OSU after one visit.  Otis Reese, as I predicted, went to Georgia and man that is a beast of a haul for Georgia.  We did get Ronnie Bell, 3* WR, he was a basketball commit at Missouri State.  There are reports that Jim McElwain will join the staff in place of the departed Dan Enos.  

The season could ride with the decision by the NCAA on Shea Patterson.  Peters may improve, but with Patterson's experience and mobility, they may be able to hide some deficiencies.  Overall it's just a bad day in recruiting.  Georgia got as many 5*'s as Michigan got 4*'s with 7.

Meanwhile...
Things sound like they are moving in a positive direction on Shea.  Recruiting could be better, but at the end of the day...if you get the QB right, then you're good.

Funny, I didn't know this thread existed until you popped in my mentions.  Like most OSU and MSU fans, you all seem much more concerned with our team than you own. 

#GoBlue

https://youtu.be/SFmvFPiZB4A

Last edited by a moderator:
Things sound like they are moving in a positive direction on Shea.  Recruiting could be better, but at the end of the day...if you get the QB right, then you're good.

Funny, I didn't know this thread existed until you popped in my mentions.  Like most OSU and MSU fans, you all seem much more concerned with our team than you own. 

#GoBlue

https://youtu.be/SFmvFPiZB4A
Some people enjoy watching train wrecks 

Had a couple of #Booms this past weekend.  Athlete (Will play S) Ronnie "Rocket" Hickman and DE Micah Potter.  Both were assumed to be all but a given.

It is going to get really interesting in the next few weeks with WR Garrett Wilson and OC Harry Miller decide.  Both are fantastic prospects and leaning heavily to the good guys.  Looks like the Bucks are all-in on Grant Gunnell as the QB this cycle, as well.

#Boom for perhaps the kid with the best name in this entire recruiting class.  RB/OLB Steele Chambers.  Freak athlete with simply a legendary football name.  Welcome to Buckeye Nation, Steele.

Didn't realize Chambers played for Blessed Trinity. The team I broadcast for dropped down a classification this year, and Blessed Trinity is in our new region.

Also, looks like Prince wasn't able to lock down the LT job. Hopefully Munford can get the job done.

So Antonio Williams is transferring to UNC.  Makes sense really given JK and Weber where they are and the impressive spring that Master Teague has, let alone the rest.  There is just no room.  Embarrassment of riches at RB/HB.

I’m sorry to hear that. He didn’t get near the credit for what he did there, IMO. 

Apparently, Buck I Guy showed up at the Bruce viewing and signed a photo of Bruce for the family that was reserved for coaches and players. Then, he decides to show up to the memorial in the middle of a speech. 

Incredible. SMH
Yeah, you will notice my change of avatar, as well. ;)   Big Nut seems to be very opposite to the Buck I Guy.

Been hoping for him....supposed to be a good one!

Garrett Wilson‏ @GarrettWilson_V 8m8 minutes ago

Buckeye Nation... if you think i ain’t bringing some Texas boys with me, you’re wrong. So happy to be apart of the family, Go Bucks!

Dang, came here to post those. Garrett is also a former teammate of freshman QB Matthew Baldwin.  He's originally from Dublin, so he's coming home.   Stover is another local kid that looks phenomenal.  We just need to get Zach Harrison committed and this class will be outstanding. 

Also Garrett is promising to bring more Texas kids to OSU.  Let's see if we can have another coup like 2017 with JK, Browning, etc.

Can't forget the Friday flip and commit of S Bryson Shaw.  Just read about him and he looks like his rankings are going to rise in a big way shortly.  247Sports has him much higher than the composite.

As has been expected for a while, QB Joe Burrow will transfer as a graduate transfer.  That is too bad he broke his thumb last year.  I really like how he had played at QB.  All of our eggs are now in the Haskins and Martell basket.

Good luck to him.  He's a high class guy and good player...just couldn't get a chance.

#Boom! One of the most sought after offensive linemen C Harry Miller commits.  He's a very smart kid and looks to be a great value kid as well with all the humanitarian missions he does. 

I've called a ton of Buford games. The local joke is to call them Buford University, because their facilities are just amazing (plus, since they are a city school, as opposed to a county school, the players don't have to live in Buford to play for them. Leads to some shady ####...). Amazing program, and they pump out studs. Glad to get this one.

Trying to plan my annual pilgrimage back for a game.  Deciding between the 9/22 Tulane, 10/6 IU and 10/13 Minnesota game.  My mom likes me to come back early and spend a day golfing with her and my step dad on Friday, then game Saturday and home Sunday.  Thinking that IU game is about perfect for weather.

#Boom!  Athlete Craig Young commits.  This kid is intriguing.  His ceiling and athleticism is through the roof.  Playing and ranked 3* as a WR, but at 6'4" and 210, Urban had him work out at LB and DE at the recent camp.  He is excited to go to defense, apparently.  Should end up a solid 4* in updated rankings.

#Boom!  4* QB Dwan Mathis flips from MSU to the Buckeyes after being a surprise show for Friday Nights Live.  Could lead to a flurry of commits after the dead period.  Word is Mathis might bring another MSU lean or 2.

2020 QB Jack Miller III is reportedly very close to committing and really wants to start building a big time class.

2020 QB Jack Miller III set to commit this Sunday.  2020 class will be off to a great start with OT Wray and then QB Miller.

#BOOM!  2020 4* DB Lejond Cazavos commits to the Bucks.  He has apparently been very close to Wray and Miller.  These 3 are going to make huge pushes for another stellar class in 2020.

Holy crap! #Boom!  2020 5 star OT Paris Johnson from Cincy commits.   2020 looking amazing.   He had not seemed close to making a decision this soon.  

Users who are viewing this thread