What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Merry Christmas!!! (17 Viewers)

Vargas/Berchelt o 7.5 rounds -135

Berchelt's the better fighter and very likely to get (another) win tonight, but Vargas should be quite a bit fresher after having two fairly easy fights since their first matchup over two years ago. He also has a new trainer that emphasizes Vargas fighting a bit more craftily.

Berchelt doesn't have one-punch ko power, he breaks guys down over the course of several rounds, and all of his wins against quality opposition have gone fairly long.
Vargas' corner stopped it 1.5 rounds early. Smart for them, bad for us. 😕

DO IT.  Cpap isn't just for rotund dudes.  My brother-in-law is about 9% body fat, excellent shape, and he needs one.  Changed his (and my sister's) life because now he actually sleeps.
As a health insurance guy, I've never heard of someone having a sleep study and not getting a CPAP prescribed.  I've had some buddies of all sizes see game changing life results after they started using a machine.   If you can't breathe when you sleep you are really defeating the purpose.  College roommate used to sleep 12-14 hours a day and feel like crap, now he is prospering on 4 hrs.

Berrios 26-12 SU home (avg line -142)
bullpen allow more than 1 run: 1-11 SU
bullpen allow 1 or fewer runs: 25-1 SU

Twins -141

might try to buy whatever Angels is selling ATS going into the final ⅓

one of the best things I’ve ever done
the best thing I ever did was go into the strip club on a slow night and a woman who worked there - an actual professional acrobat, offered to drive me home in her full-sized conversion van - that she also lived in, and then had sex with me for free until the sun came up. but this sounds good. I'll roll the dice on this CPAP deal.

might back Fiers for a grip or two. dude is fire right now, so to speak. at the very least, wouldn't use the no-hitter as a reason to fade him. cheers bro

Since last season Foltynewicz 15-21 SU:
vs NL East: 10-6 SU with 25 runs allowed in 96 innings
vs non-division: 5-15 SU with 60 runs allowed in 109.2 innings

if Folty was on shorter rest the ML would look better, but since he's rested AND the line's still this way, I think it's just gonna be a ton of runs from both teams

Cards o4½ -115
Cardinals/Braves o9 -110

I got the Zoom whitening procedure at the dentist today and definitely recommend it. Got half price though. The chick said half price because they had too much of it in the fridge, so I guess it goes bad if they don't sell it by a certain date.

As a health insurance guy, I've never heard of someone having a sleep study and not getting a CPAP prescribed.  I've had some buddies of all sizes see game changing life results after they started using a machine.   If you can't breathe when you sleep you are really defeating the purpose.  College roommate used to sleep 12-14 hours a day and feel like crap, now he is prospering on 4 hrs.
man i got to stop in here more. What is this CPAP? i have been asked for years to do a sleep study since they think i have sleep apnea? last few months i am believing it cause i think i am waking up in middle of the night and catching my breath. 

man i got to stop in here more. What is this CPAP? i have been asked for years to do a sleep study since they think i have sleep apnea? last few months i am believing it cause i think i am waking up in middle of the night and catching my breath. 
Basically forces oxygen down your throat/nose allowing you to breathe and keep your airway open.  Lots of people stop breathing dozens of times an hour and can be a complete system drain.  Reggie White died from it.  If you snore or even experience restless sleep you're likely to be diagnosed.  Bring it up to your primary, they order a "sleep study", you come in and get hooked up to a bunch of stuff to be impossibly uncomfortable for a few hours and they prescribe the equipment.  Pricey process so you want to make sure you have good insurance. 

Or I suppose a guy could just buy a used machine for research purposes.

Disclaimer:. I'm not a doctor, but I sound like one on the radio.

If you're experiencing those symptoms, honestly do yourself and your family a favor and get it looked in to.  Sounds like you're brain is waking you up in complete panic, that's an incredible amount of stress on your system when you think you're getting resr.  It's head gear, not a surgery. And it feels absolutely amazing to get true rest.  I can speak from vacation.

As a scholar of competitive advantage:

1) CPAP

2) HGH

3) Testosterone

4) ADHD meds

Done ranting.  Back to making money.

The longer the odds and the harder to pronounce the name the more I like them in pga this week.

If you're experiencing those symptoms, honestly do yourself and your family a favor and get it looked in to.  Sounds like you're brain is waking you up in complete panic, that's an incredible amount of stress on your system when you think you're getting resr.  It's head gear, not a surgery. And it feels absolutely amazing to get true rest.  I can speak from vacation.
hmm. i am a total restless sleeper though and flip around from side to side all night. the thing looks annoying as hell to wear, but will look into. thanks bud

hmm. i am a total restless sleeper though and flip around from side to side all night. the thing looks annoying as hell to wear, but will look into. thanks bud
I'm sure there's places that sell straps too, mo.

The gear has came a long way in the last decade.  But seriously, the benefits of oxygen are tremendous.  Did you know cancer can't grow in an oxygen rich environment?

The sleep study was a terrible experience, felt like I slept not at all.  Doc prescribed CPAP as a result of it, and about 2 weeks later I got it and used it for the first time.  First night it was a little uncomfortable and I woke often to adjust it on my face.  Second night I slept like a baby.  That was 18 months ago and I have not been able to even take a nap without it since.  My blood pressure is down (because as Hooter said I'm not waking up in an adrenaline rush multiple times per night) and my wife actually gets to sleep now so she's way happier.  Win/win.

Going to preface this with the fact that I have zero knowledge of golf betting and am only barely up this year betting on golf because I got lucky due to new ruling where JB Holmes buried his ball in the mound and didnt have to take a stroke to get it out and because I accidentally bet CT Pan a few tourneys ago late at night. 

But anyway here is what I got. I took the leaders for 1st round scoring this year and compared to odds to lead first round. Anybody that was at 50-1 or more of a longshot and in the top 15 for scoring for round 1, I put down some money(small timer so I did 5 bucks each). Then I looked at history at Bethpage Black scoring and anybody that had a good history and was on the list I doubled the bet. Ryan Palmer fell just outside the top 15, but he had good history at bethpage so I put 5 bucks on him too. 

kisner +8000

Kuchar +5000

Horschel +10000

Ancer +12500

Vegas +10000

Mickelson(double) +5000

Palmer +12500

ETA:ooops forgot Bradley +15000

Last edited by a moderator:
Not much upside in those top 15 round 1 lines on a top 15 course.  Good chance that pot gets chopped 30 ways or more.

About as demanding as its going to get on tour this year besides the Open at Pebble.  Going to have to walk on a razor and scramble out of some tough spots over 4 days.  Going to need power and a great sand game for when accuracy fails.  Even with the rain greens should still be almost as fast as Augusta.  Shouldn't see half the scoring we did there this year.  Would be very surprised if the winner shoots under par all 4 rounds.

With the climate here, the Poa greens play truer than other parts of the country.  Wouldn't focus on putting nearly as much as getting the ball on the green because I don't plan on seeing a lot of one putts.  There will be some clown shots dropping that will keep this thing a crap shoot until Sunday afternoon.

Good chance that pot gets chopped 30 ways or more
Two things. 

Those bets were to be the first round leader. No way that gets chopped 30 ways ;)  

Also bovada doesnt chop top "x" bets. If a guy finishes tied for 10th with 8 guys, all 17 guys get paid at their respective odds. 

Eta: also i thought you lived in my neck of the woods, i didnt know you were in new york?

Last edited by a moderator:
Two things. 

Those bets were to be the first round leader. No way that gets chopped 30 ways ;)  

Also bovada doesnt chop top "x" bets. If a guy finishes tied for 10th with 8 guys, all 17 guys get paid at their respective odds. 

Eta: also i thought you lived in my neck of the woods, i didnt know you were in new york?
I misunderstood, thought you were playing Top 15 for 1st round, instead of just FRL, which by all means this course is a fantastic one to take a shot at.  

Was not aware BV operated that way on top "x" plays, guess I've been too ignorant to chase anything but win bets with them.  Last time I attempted anything out of my norm with them I got murdered by the live betting the next hole at the masters and cashing split pots.  2 different days I didn't "lose" a live play, but I ended up down money by the way the pots were chopped.

I'm in La Crosse, Wisconsin, I just happen to wander a lot.

Weird tidbit, the dood that went to Vegas and laid the 85k to win 1.2 million on Tiger is from the same hodunk 50,000 person town I live in.  Thank goodness he didn't tell anyone that was his intentions, because he would have never had to go to Vegas to get 14-1 on that bet.  

https://lacrossetribune.com/news/state-and-regional/wi/wisconsin-man-s-wager-on-tiger-earns-him-more-than/article_3c55e300-be73-521a-9b5b-142e6771fcc5.html

Water here must be pretty decent.  

:banned:

the best thing I ever did was go into the strip club on a slow night and a woman who worked there - an actual professional acrobat, offered to drive me home in her full-sized conversion van - that she also lived in, and then had sex with me for free until the sun came up. but this sounds good. I'll roll the dice on this CPAP deal.
Similar to my experience of booking a room at Hard Rock in Vegas on the weekend between the Adult video awards and the Superbowl.  Sandwich trick with a Benny got us upgraded to a $1k a night pool side multi-room suite for 4 days.

That was the trip where I paid the stripper $50 to get off my lap after she pitched and quoted me for the champagne room experience at the Spearmint Rhino.

I tried to find the fastest exit from the VIP room and attempted to avoid eye contact with the dude walking up the ramp as I was walking down.  WHAM!

Turns out the the dude I was going to walk by was actually me and I had walked head first into a mirror and spiderwebbed it.  Bouncer the size of Double Dragon boss literally used my head to open that thick oak exit door.

Wandered back over to Hard Rock and found a bunch of foreigners there for a rugby competition.  Buddies found me chanting drinking songs while riding around on the shoulders of a stranger a few hours later.

Next thing I know its 10am the next morning and I'm in the middle of the desert with my buddies watching a safety video in a tent on how large of a fine it was if you happened to run over some endangered species tortoise while jumping sand dunes in a buggy at 50 mph.

tTwo things. 

Thank you for pointing out the pay structure this week for the major and the full odds payout.

Played all the following Top 5 (All ties pay) at bv.  All afternoon tee off guys and I'm planning on cashing them all.

Mickelson +900

Kokrak +1400

Glover +1400

Moore +1600

Vegas +1600

Palmer +1800

Harman +2200

Fritelli +2200

Like I said, I've never done something like this before but I'm 100% confident in the process.  

hooter311 said:
the dood that went to Vegas and laid the 85k to win 1.2 million on Tiger is from the same hodunk 50,000 person town I live in
the fact the article mentions the dude is a day trader actually seems relevant somehow I just can't figure out why

regularguy said:
Any experience?
Not first hand.  If used as intended I've never even heard of any cons.

Doesn't stress the body like a test cycle would.

Have a number of clients prescribed androgel and they all rave about it.

Users who are viewing this thread