Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
The Ref

*** OFFICIAL *** FFA WAGERING THREAD - Tailing College Softball

51 minutes ago, lumpy19 said:

Every major I end up piling on to Fowler in matchups, he's been a cash cow the last few years, love him.

I forgot to play matchups :kicksrock:

3 hours ago, facook said:

Some MLB stuff to be ticked about later:

Indians

Astros

Cubs +.5 F5

2-1  Slight profit.  Stupid injuns.  Meh.

Either I’m missing something or Twinkies -133 tomorrow is too good to be true.

Bovada has odds for taking second place in pga championship for anybody interested. 

I threw 2 bucks on this jazz janetrenonowood character at 100-1.

Edited by parasaurolophus

9 hours ago, The Ref said:

Either I’m missing something or Twinkies -133 tomorrow is too good to be true.

If you like at at -133 you will love it at -127

Horse matchups

Improbable -140 over War of Will

Alwaysmining -135 over Anothertwistafate 

warriors charge +170 over Owendale

I actually kinda like owendale but he’s currently 25-1  vs 18-1 for Warrior with an hour to go.  ML had Owen 10-1 and a Warrior 12-1, so matchup odds should have been much closer IMO.  I’ll take +170 on what’s basically a coin flip IMO

Apparently I was looking at some dumb profit line metric, owendale is indeed favored but I still think it’s good value

Edited by Dan Lambskin

Wowwwww.  Had over 3 dimes on Chi Wsox F5, game goes 4 1/2 with Chicago leading going into their AB in bottom of 5, game called for rain and bets get no-actioned.  Full game Chi bets graded a winner, F5 no-actioned.

2 hours ago, Dan Lambskin said:

Horse matchups

Improbable -140 over War of Will

Alwaysmining -135 over Anothertwistafate 

warriors charge +170 over Owendale

I actually kinda like owendale but he’s currently 25-1  vs 18-1 for Warrior with an hour to go.  ML had Owen 10-1 and a Warrior 12-1, so matchup odds should have been much closer IMO.  I’ll take +170 on what’s basically a coin flip IMO

Apparently I was looking at some dumb profit line metric, owendale is indeed favored but I still think it’s good value

Nailed it 

Berrios struggled for the first time in 2019 on Monday against the Angels, when he was tagged for a career-high 12 hits

Opposing teams 4-0 SU 8±3 runs per game hosting Berríos after he allowed more than 7 hits his last outing.

Mariners +122
Mariners o4½ +120
Mariners F5 o1½ -150
Twins/Mariners o10 +120
Twins/Mariners F5 o5 -110
Twins/Mariners F5 o6 +160

21 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

Opposing teams 4-0 SU 8±3 runs per game hosting Berríos after he allowed more than 7 hits his last outing.

Mariners +122
Mariners o4½ +120
Mariners F5 o1½ -150
Twins/Mariners o10 +120
Twins/Mariners F5 o5 -110
Twins/Mariners F5 o6 +160

People pay for worse leans that you give away in here.  What a 5th inning for your ####.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Was F5 O2.5 - 105 - NYM starting a dude with 6 innings this year and an era of over 7 as the opener. The guy who is supposed to follow him has an era north of 4.

Edited by Angry Beavers

So the twins opened -120 and are now +120.

at the same time thevteam total is priced for the twins to score >4.5 and the angles <4.5

market is going all next level on us

she can sniff it out
that's why number two
cuz if she doesn't smell it
she starts running shıt
leave it to you now
unless u wanna be ran

Booty Woman caught the feelings for the Saw... who can blame her?  :shrug:

Way too many baseball games tonight - :bored: 

TOTAL u½-135 (OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1ST INNING vrs CLEVELAND INDIANS 1ST INNING)
TOTAL o½-115 (BOSTON RED SOX 1ST INNING vrs TORONTO BLUE JAYS 1ST INNING)
TAMPA BAY RAYS +125
TOTAL u7-120 (ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS vrs SAN DIEGO PADRES)
SAN DIEGO PADRES -110
TOTAL o8EV (ATLANTA BRAVES vrs SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS)
MIAMI MARLINS -110
COLORADO ROCKIES 1ST HALF PK-130
TOTAL o5-115 (MINNESOTA TWINS 1ST HALF vrs LAA ANGELS 1ST HALF)

6 minutes ago, Angry Beavers said:

Booty Woman caught the feelings for the Saw... who can blame her?  :shrug:

Way too many baseball games tonight - :bored: 

TOTAL u½-135 (OAKLAND ATHLETICS 1ST INNING vrs CLEVELAND INDIANS 1ST INNING)
TOTAL o½-115 (BOSTON RED SOX 1ST INNING vrs TORONTO BLUE JAYS 1ST INNING)
TAMPA BAY RAYS +125
TOTAL u7-120 (ARIZONA DIAMONDBACKS vrs SAN DIEGO PADRES)
SAN DIEGO PADRES -110
TOTAL o8EV (ATLANTA BRAVES vrs SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS)
MIAMI MARLINS -110
COLORADO ROCKIES 1ST HALF PK-130
TOTAL o5-115 (MINNESOTA TWINS 1ST HALF vrs LAA ANGELS 1ST HALF)

Played this one too, based on a tout I follow who's pretty good at these things.  

Also took Bucks -2 yesterday, based on them being 21-4 ats after a loss or whatever stupid record they have.

5 hours ago, comfortably numb said:

Golden State to win the finals at -220 seems like free money...lets find out. What could go wrong

My unscientific homer GS opinion is that Milwaukee is worrisome. More worrisome than the last two Cleveland teams GS faced, for sure.

Rox worst MLB team in G2 (tied with Miami) while Bucs are the best. Bucs have that bullpen game going. Gray threw a ton of pitches yet only lasted less than five innings last outing and I think that will translate to an over in this start. Also, a note on Rockies' starters:

Before Marquez's outing Tuesday, Colorado starters ranked at the bottom of the National League in ERA (5.64), opposing batting average (.276) and WHIP (1.45), and were tied for the most homers allowed (47).

One might blame yesterday's shutout as a hangover from the west coast road trip plus the subsequent day of rest/travel for the Bucs. This looks like the most popular total on the board, plus there's a little weather snag to be aware of:

A bit of a raggedy looking storm line moving in to PIT in the later innings or (more likely) after the game. There's a chance for a later-inning delay or even a game that doesn't go 9, but I think the more likely outcome is that they finish this up before the storms arrive.

Gray strikeouts o5½ -114
Rockies/Pirates F5 o4½ +100

In his career Jon Gray 12-2 O/U after throwing more than 87 pitches in 5 or fewer innings in his last start (12-0 O/U when the Rox plate more than 1 run). sdql

@psaundersdp Me thinks Rockies Jon Gray is not happy with the home plate ump. 5:39 PM - 17 May 2019

@fromtherockpile Angel Hernandez is the worst! Jon Gray just threw 3 strike 3s that all got called balls. 5:39 PM - 17 May 2019

Since last season teams have gone 48-26 SU (avg line -112) when their starter had to deal with Angel Hernandez as the home plate umpire in his last start. That's the third-most profitable umpire in that situation behind Culbreth and Bill Miller. Upcoming starters who just faced one of those three dudes:

Today: Cole Irvin, Jon Gray (Hernandez last time)
Friday: Miles Mikolas (Bill Miller last time)
Saturday: Cal Quantrill, Joe Musgrove (Fieldin Culbreth last time)

...just thought it was interesting to go check out and see. might try to find more reasons to back Irvin later on

Jesse Chavez was added to Oakland's starting rotation in April 2014.
Since May 2014, opposing teams have gone 39-24 SU in Chavez's starts:
non-division: 19-19 SU (avg line -101)
AL West: 20-5 SU (avg line -119)

About to live bet the Mariners...

Watched "the best of it", late last night on Amazon prime.

Thought it did a great job portraying the "luxurious life of a professional gambler".  :rolleyes:

Has it been discussed here?

Edited by hooter311

14 minutes ago, hooter311 said:

Thought it did a great job portraying the "luxurious life of a professional gambler".  :rolleyes:

I watched about 3/4 of it, and then lost interest and turned it off. Don't really remember much of it. :shrug:

1 hour ago, hooter311 said:

Is Alan Boston on that?  Just listening to him interviewed on VSiN a couple of times he sounds legitimately mentally ill.

6 hours ago, ChainsawU said:

might try to find more reasons to back Irvin later on

didn't do any more research. just pulling the trigger action junkie style

Phillies +154

• Like 1

5 hours ago, facook said:

Is Alan Boston on that?  Just listening to him interviewed on VSiN a couple of times he sounds legitimately mentally ill.

Yes and yes.  You could crack him like an egg, and it's rather obvious that he doesn't interact with any humans.

One of the subjects goes completely off the rails at the end.

Dink was the only legitimate "wiseguy" imo, although, I have less of a problem with V Runner than most.  Guy just has aspirations for glamour.

Glad I grew up at the racetrack where I was taught what it takes to be a winner, and 95% of the time it isn't a "glamorous" experience.

Admitted lifetime degenerate online, real life I mostly just mirror whoever I'm dealing with.

Edited by hooter311

6 hours ago, Good Posting Judge said:

I watched about 3/4 of it, and then lost interest and turned it off. Don't really remember much of it. :shrug:

I was enthralled.

she needed someone to talk to. for the most part. she got herself in too deep, so to speak, with all the anal daytime texts. once night arrived I think she was on one. it was just her talking the entire time on my leather couch. probably fake. yo, have you ever legit had a chick cry a tear onto your lips. like two tears as she reminisced. what do you do. do you lick them away. do you wipe them off. or do you ignore them and just feel that itch of water droplets remaining stoic. dude

I guess the actual t-bone, redlight-ignoring car crash I witnessed tonight on 7th street became an omen.

On 5/19/2019 at 7:35 PM, got_nugs said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1HnYrZI6vg

If you look close enough you'll catch a glimpse of my truck, the real hero in this video.

She's seems like an awesome kid. I wish her the best.

Were those granite countertops from Cornerstone?

14 hours ago, hooter311 said:

Yes and yes.  You could crack him like an egg, and it's rather obvious that he doesn't interact with any humans.

One of the subjects goes completely off the rails at the end.

Dink was the only legitimate "wiseguy" imo, although, I have less of a problem with V Runner than most.  Guy just has aspirations for glamour.

Glad I grew up at the racetrack where I was taught what it takes to be a winner, and 95% of the time it isn't a "glamorous" experience.

Admitted lifetime degenerate online, real life I mostly just mirror whoever I'm dealing with.

👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, eoMMan said:

She's seems like an awesome kid. I wish her the best.

Were those granite countertops from Cornerstone?

Thanks!  She is.

No, got the materials out of one of those bazillion stone shops on Metro Pkwy.  Had a mom/pop company install them in the kitchen/bathrooms and did the plumbing myself (not my best idea), tried to save money, probably cost me money in opportunity cost that I could have been working, plus I bought the fixtures from Swedish Walmart, doh.  Live and learn.  I've seen the commercials for that company and the work looks really nice but I don't know any more about them.  You?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, got_nugs said:

Thanks!  She is.

No, got the materials out of one of those bazillion stone shops on Metro Pkwy.  Had a mom/pop company install them in the kitchen/bathrooms and did the plumbing myself (not my best idea), tried to save money, probably cost me money in opportunity cost that I could have been working, plus I bought the fixtures from Swedish Walmart, doh.  Live and learn.  I've seen the commercials for that company and the work looks really nice but I don't know any more about them.  You?

Nice. I don't have any experience with Cornerstone firsthand but with all the advertising they do, I might at least get an estimate when we have to spruce up our kitchen and bathrooms in a couple years.

Are the Minnesota Twins really this good?

I put a smallish bet of $25 on them to win it all (pays something like $900) before the season (along with my Phillies, Padres, and stinky Mariners). 

I feel a massive crash and burn coming up for the Twins, no?

Twins are for real IMHO. No one in the Central is making a run at them. Talk on sports radio in Cleveland is when do you trade Bauer and Hand to get something for them. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, eoMMan said:

Are the Minnesota Twins really this good?

I put a smallish bet of $25 on them to win it all (pays something like $900) before the season (along with my Phillies, Padres, and stinky Mariners). 

I feel a massive crash and burn coming up for the Twins, no?

I bet CWS for the series.