What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Chicago Bears Thread*** A dynasty begins... (13 Viewers)

My biggest issue is that I think Taylor Gabriel is the second coming of Eddie Royal. A big overpay for a very limited player. I like Trey Burton, but that is an overpay too. However, I love the ARob signing. Glad to see Pace making moves, but I think you build through the draft. You can’t buy a Championship team. That worries me.

Not if we keep trading away draft picks.  That has to stop this year.  Plenty of teams have had success rebuilding quickly via both avenues.

Notable FA's still available

DL- Richardson, Suh, Poe, Logan & Claiborne

S- Mathieu, Burnett, Reid, Boston, Vaccaro

Edge- Okafor, Ealy, Barwin, Lynch, Attouchu, Galette, Flowers

As much as I've knocked a few of the moves, I do like keeping the Fuller/Amukamara/Callahan trio together. After the Chargers, Rams and Saints, that is probably the best CB trio in the league. Also really like Craven LeBlanc as a dime guy. 

Last edited by a moderator:
so with some corner backs signed, who to take at the 8th spot? 

I hope we get lucky and snag Quenton Nelson. The 8th spot is going to be weird because I think there is going to be a lot of trades going on in the first 6 picks.

Nelson will likely be gone though, no way the Bucs skip over him. So in order of preference:

1) Fitzpatrick

2) Trade down

3) Edmunds

4) McGlinchey (yes it is a reach and he is probably just a RT, but damnit if he fills a need. All we really have is Leno at this point.)

5) Highest rated Edge or DT on their board

Nelson would be far at the top of my list. Trade down has to be the first thing they try, though. If not and Nelson is gone, I go with Edmunds, Mcglinchey or Davenport.   

Thoughts on Crabtree if he gets released by the Raiders?
Nope, WR is actually starting to get crowded, add a mid round (2-4) draft pick in there and call it a day I think.

Need to start looking for some players on D, I didn't know we were going to lose Unrein and our DL was already pretty thin.

twistd said:
My biggest issue is that I think Taylor Gabriel is the second coming of Eddie Royal. A big overpay for a very limited player. I like Trey Burton, but that is an overpay too. However, I love the ARob signing. Glad to see Pace making moves, but I think you build through the draft. You can’t buy a Championship team. That worries me.
You could be right but you also have to take some chances. This is also about the development of Trubisky. You can't just sign one big name free agent and then stick him out there with last years group. I like what Pace has done... and once again he's provided himself an out after a couple years with both of these guys.

You could be right but you also have to take some chances. This is also about the development of Trubisky. You can't just sign one big name free agent and then stick him out there with last years group. I like what Pace has done... and once again he's provided himself an out after a couple years with both of these guys.
Situations nothing alike. Gabriel entering his 5th season and is an ascending player. Royal was entering his 8th season and had been injured and was on the downside of his career with a lot of wear and tear. 

Situations nothing alike. Gabriel entering his 5th season and is an ascending player. Royal was entering his 8th season and had been injured and was on the downside of his career with a lot of wear and tear. 
I wouldn't say Gabriel is an ascending player. The Falcons offense two years ago was historically amazing.

I wouldn't say Gabriel is an ascending player. The Falcons offense two years ago was historically amazing.
I don't want to argue semantics but he's a very fast guy and has no history of injuries. He also appears to be getting better each year I've watched him. Another speed guy we desperately need. A good pairing with AR

Really going to be the first draft where they can go a lot of different directions. Need at least a couple pass rushers, though. 

Fitzpatrick not even decided between CB of safety yet. I'll pass. 
He can play both very well. He'll probably be the best defensive player in the draft regardless of which he plays and perhaps he plays both. I don't want him in Chicago either (although I did take him there in the pre combine mock).

Trey Burton is going to blow up on this team. Great signing!
I'd like him more if didn't like Shaheen.  But I guess there's room for both.

Trubisky has no excuse to not develop well in year 2.

He can play both very well. He'll probably be the best defensive player in the draft regardless of which he plays and perhaps he plays both. I don't want him in Chicago either (although I did take him there in the pre combine mock).

I'd like him more if didn't like Shaheen.  But I guess there's room for both.

Trubisky has no excuse to not develop well in year 2.
I think his development will completely depend on the OL.  It's only his second year and he's going to need time to throw.

Isn't that Gabriel? I guess he can play everywhere but he's got the speed.
Yes, but a QB needs time to throw to those deep routes.  That's been a problem in the past.  I remember when Martz was the OC and had Cutler doing 7 step drops and he got crushed.  Martz was such a terrible OC for that team.  He was trying to implement his "greatest show on turf" offense to a team that wasn't even close to the same.

Kevin White has been injured for sure, he isn't a good route runner at least not yet. Although very limited he might still offer something sikmilar to the Willie Gault role. Word is he is ripped and if he is still fast might as well get something out of him even if it is only deep threat on 3rd down and 4 spread wide. Two TE with good running backs is one look, Robinson,Gabriel, White and ??? with Cohen as outlet is another look for Defenses to plan for. I get White has given nothing, appears to be over drafted has been injury prone but...still on roster. Otherwise he is 5.2 mil of dead money. https://247sports.com/Bolt/Blueprint-for-Kevin-White-to-finally-produce-under-Matt-Nagy-114062045

Looks like the packers are forcing our hand with Fuller and signed him to an offer sheet.  No numbers yet, so we'll see if we match or let him go to the Packers.  Unless it's a completely stupid, highest paid corner in the league type offer, think we pretty much have to match.  Pace would look really bad if he let him go to the packers and he were to nail us twice a year.

Looks like the packers are forcing our hand with Fuller and signed him to an offer sheet.  No numbers yet, so we'll see if we match or let him go to the Packers.  Unless it's a completely stupid, highest paid corner in the league type offer, think we pretty much have to match.  Pace would look really bad if he let him go to the packers and he were to nail us twice a year.
A Bear negotiating with the packers?  Should be cut for treason. 

The #Bears are matching the #Packers’ offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller, sources said. Fuller stays.

It’s a 4-year deal worth $56M. The key number is $18M guaranteed. Fuller already had $13M guaranteed from the translation tag. For $5M more guaranteed, they get him long-term??

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Thanks Pack! Idiots. Just allowed to lock up our guy long-term or get out cheap after one year. Did our negotiating for us.   :lol:

The #Bears are matching the #Packers’ offer sheet for CB Kyle Fuller, sources said. Fuller stays.

It’s a 4-year deal worth $56M. The key number is $18M guaranteed. Fuller already had $13M guaranteed from the translation tag. For $5M more guaranteed, they get him long-term??
I think it is a pretty stout overpay. I don’t think Fuller is very good. For that kind of money I’d prefer they let him go and draft a corner. Fuller did play better last year, but he is far from a shut down corner. And you paid him like that. 

I think it is a pretty stout overpay. I don’t think Fuller is very good. For that kind of money I’d prefer they let him go and draft a corner. Fuller did play better last year, but he is far from a shut down corner. And you paid him like that. 
WHAT?!? lol

That literally sounds exactly like the Eagles plan this past past year.  Worked out ok.  Key difference is a very good O-line - a good line makes all the difference in the world.

That literally sounds exactly like the Eagles plan this past past year.  Worked out ok.  Key difference is a very good O-line - a good line makes all the difference in the world.
The Bears have a lot better line than some think. Leno has gotten better every year. Hopefully Long is back. Whitehair will return to form on a real offense. If we can somehow get Nelson in the first I can deal with Massie at RT again.  The line will be very solid and the offense will have aot of weapons. No excuses for Trubisky.  But they're not near the Eagles level talent wise yet. Still many holes to fill. I'd be excited with 8-10 wins. 

After decades of being cheap, the Bears finally went all in after Pace got his qb and coach. 
FTFY.

I read an article found on B/R the other day where it mentioned that better FAs have been more receptive to joining us, due to Nagy's scheme and potential.

It just accentuates my deduction that better FAs didn't want to come here in previous seasons because of...  John Fox.

So again, one can't lay all the blame on Pace for previous seasons' poor FA results.  Fox f'd us in more ways than one.

FTFY.

I read an article found on B/R the other day where it mentioned that better FAs have been more receptive to joining us, due to Nagy's scheme and potential.

It just accentuates my deduction that better FAs didn't want to come here in previous seasons because of...  John Fox.

So again, one can't lay all the blame on Pace for previous seasons' poor FA results.  Fox f'd us in more ways than one.
Ultimately, Pace is the GM and signing players falls completely on him. He blew it last year. On him.  If this turns out like it appears it will, everyone should be kissing his ###. 

Users who are viewing this thread