What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Liverpool FC - The Climb to a Superclub (1 Viewer)

So this is apparently going to happen...

George Sephton

@VoiceOfAnfield -Stadium Announcer & matchday DJ at Anfield since 1971
I’ve been humming that stupid song ever since that little nerd made that video.  This one might actually catch on

Sanchez

ETA: To clarify, I think the guy is a Man City reporter, I expect it to be for City.

Last edited by a moderator:
Words that every Liverpool fan wants to hear:

Liverpool's Dejan Lovren - 'I'm helping Virgil van Dijk as much as I can'

Liverpool striker Divock Origi has been told to find a new club this summer.

On-loan this season with VfL Wolfsburg, the Belgium international hasn't done enough to convince the Germans to turn the deal into a permanent transfer.

And Het Laatste Nieuws says Origi's minders have also been warned by Liverpool there is no place for him in manager Jurgen Klopp's plans.

During defeat to Hoffenheim on Sunday, VfL coach Bruno Labbadia hooked Origi on 42 minutes.

Origi joined Liverpool almost four years ago from Lille.

Read more at http://www.tribalfootball.com/articles/liverpool-and-wolfsburg-tell-origi-to-find-new-club-4223736#QXiszTdUB0cBmrwq.99

Klopp  :lmao:

James Pearce‏Verified account @JamesPearceEcho

Klopp on Oxlade injury: "It's not fair but if you get a lemon you have to make lemonade out of it. We will wait for him like a good wife when the man is in prison." #LFC

This is a little mean-spirited, so apologies in advance, but i still :lmao:

Looks like Steven Gerrard is going to become Rangers manager.

To be fair, he is the last person to stop Brendan Rodgers from winning the league so it makes sense.

I always wondered how it works with coaching certificates for players that only recently retired, like Gerrard and Zidane. Do they need top level coaching certs to take over managing a top level club?

I always wondered how it works with coaching certificates for players that only recently retired, like Gerrard and Zidane. Do they need top level coaching certs to take over managing a top level club?
I think many of them start working on the badges before they retire - don't know specifically about Gerrard or Zidane.  Gerrard at least has taken charge of Liverpool's U18s this season, so he may have been working towards his advanced badges this year.

ETA - And, I would not put Rangers in the class of a "top-level" club at this stage...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think many of them start working on the badges before they retire - don't know specifically about Gerrard or Zidane.  Gerrard at least has taken charge of Liverpool's U18s this season, so he may have been working towards his advanced badges this year.

ETA - And, I would not put Rangers in the class of a "top-level" club at this stage...
They are top flight in the SPL again, right?

Beckenbauer didn't have a coaching certificate in 1986, so was appointed "team manger" (roughly translated) rather than coach.  I expect clubs have similar workarounds, but don't know for certain. 

I can pretty comfortably say if there existed a thread dedicated to Tottenham, I can't imagine myself opening it up very often let alone posting in it more than Tottenham fans were. 

Congrats to all the Liverpool denizens residing here...

(...sigh...34 more years?)

FORZA ROMA!
Thanks Kafka.  Roma played great and inspired.  Never gave up.  That tie seemed 100% over at 5-0.  Just shows that you guys are well coached.  

Monchi is a stud and I think you guys are in great hands and will be back in the knockout stages next year. 

When I started this thread I never thought this team would make it to the CL final AND get top 4.  For a PL team, that's quite an accomplishment (last time an English team made the CL final they finished 6th in league).

But as a longtime sports fan, I know the idea that "we'll be back next year" rarely happens.  Even though Liverpool will on paper be stronger next year, there are no guarantees.  Heck Barcelona failed to make the CL final 3 straight years with Leo Messi at the top of his game.

So yeah, there is disappointment and I don't know when that will fade.  The most frustrating thing is that it feels like the team didn't get a fair shot at Madrid with the injury.  But the lack of depth finally exposed Liverpool in the cruelest of ways possible.  Lallana comes on for Salah and does nothing for 60 minutes.  Bale comes on for Madrid and wins the game with an absurd goal.

Liverpool will spend BIG this summer and should be extremely hard to beat next year.  The optimist in me will come out by August and I'll be making bold predictions for this club.  I truly think Klopp will finally build his perfect team with depth and quality in all areas and it will be fun to watch.  I think Klopp is doing a great job of doing what he set out to do, transform Liverpool back into a European power.  I'm sure titles and trophies will happen in the next 3-4 years.  

But sports history teaches me that the odds are, this was a missed opportunity that this current squad of players won't get to rectify.  And that will sting for a few months.

Can’t speak about Zidane, but Gerard has been working on his badges for 3-4 years.

I seem to remember another guy named Philippe signing a long term contract not too long before he departed.
January 25, 2107:

“I am very happy to sign a new contract here. It is a club that I am very grateful to and this shows my happiness here. I will work much harder to repay the belief shown in me.

“I signed this new contract to stay here for a few more years because it’s a great honour for me. It gives me great happiness because I was welcomed here with open arms by everyone at the club and the supporters right from my first day. I am very thankful to this football club for everything.”

August 11, 2017:

Liverpool have rejected a transfer request from Philippe Coutinho and insist the player will not be sold in this transfer window. Coutinho emailed the request to Liverpool’s sporting director, Michael Edwards, at lunchtime today having earlier reported for training as normal.

Seriously though - not sure why Salah would want to leave a system that is designed to get the most out of the attacking-3.

At Liverpool he is an important piece - go to RM, and he is just a cog.

Having said that, I think Salah will regress a bit this season, even if Liverpool improve.

Seriously though - not sure why Salah would want to leave a system that is designed to get the most out of the attacking-3.

Having said that, I think Salah will regress a bit this season, even if Liverpool improve.
Agree with all of this.

It all kicks off Saturday against Chester.  

Get your first looks at Keita and Fabinho behind the fab 3.  Wilson, Origi and Woodburn, that is.

I think Salah will regress statistically because he almost has to.  But I agree this is a great place for him to be.

January 25, 2107:

“I am very happy to sign a new contract here. It is a club that I am very grateful to and this shows my happiness here. I will work much harder to repay the belief shown in me.

“I signed this new contract to stay here for a few more years because it’s a great honour for me. It gives me great happiness because I was welcomed here with open arms by everyone at the club and the supporters right from my first day. I am very thankful to this football club for everything.”

August 11, 2017:

Liverpool have rejected a transfer request from Philippe Coutinho and insist the player will not be sold in this transfer window. Coutinho emailed the request to Liverpool’s sporting director, Michael Edwards, at lunchtime today having earlier reported for training as normal.
He doesn’t count.  He’s a snake

Users who are viewing this thread