What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Al Pacino's best role? (1 Viewer)

So?

• Scareface

Votes: 29 22.0%
  • Godfather

Votes: 26 19.7%
  • Godfather II

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Godfather III

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Donnie Brasco

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • Dogday Afternoon

Votes: 18 13.6%
  • Scent of a woman

Votes: 13 9.8%
  • Serpico

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Any given Sunday (beacuse I'm gay) NTTTWWT

Votes: 3 2.3%

• Total voters
Dog Day is such a great movie. And he was awesome. It gets my vote.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sonny in Dog Day Afternoon>everything else :2cents:

ATTICA!!!!!!!! ATTICA!!!!!!!

I will say that Lefty in Donnie Brasco was a close second, it is among the few Pacino roles where he is believable.  Terrible in the Godfather movies, the only thing flawed about those first two movies IMO.  He was the central character in III, and hence the disaster. 

Scarface is great, but his acting is meh. 

ATTICA!!!!!!!! ATTICA!!!!!!!

I will say that Lefty in Donnie Brasco was a close second, it is among the few Pacino roles where he is believable.  Terrible in the Godfather movies, the only thing flawed about those first two movies IMO.  He was the central character in III, and hence the disaster. 

Scarface is great, but his acting is meh. 
Agree about Dog Day, just incredible. Him and Cazale on screen together is just special stuff. Leon for creepiest character ever?

But c'mon, awful as Corleone?  Especially II. He's so intense. 

Agree about Dog Day, just incredible. Him and Cazale on screen together is just special stuff. Leon for creepiest character ever?

But c'mon, awful as Corleone?  Especially II. He's so intense. 
I think II>I but it's all about Vito, not about Michael. 

Scent of a woman was his best acted role by far. Everyone remembers the big speech at the school, but seeing him humbled at his brothers thanksgiving, he just ran the gamut of emotions for a complex character and nailed them all.

Since when does his best role have to be his best "acted" role?  Seems like those are two different polls.

Best role for me is easily Scarface.  Best acted then no, not Scarface.

Watching Serpico with a friend in NY once could have been the longest three hours one could spend in Midtown.

No thanks. 

I miss Pacino movies for a reason, I guess. 

Agree.

Last week, PBS American Experience had a wonderful 2hour tribute to Sidney Lumet - perhaps the most underrated director of all time - and, like the Mel Brooks one of a couple yrs ago, it was centered on Lumet sitting & talking. A very on-top-of-it kinda guy who made movies for 75 yrs (child star even), there was only one point where you really hear wonder in his voice. 

Dog Day was such departure from anything that had been done that everyone was pretty sure it wasn't going to work, including Lumet. That changed in the read-thru. Pacino so instantly & completely internalized Sonny that all the problemic things the script had him saying - about identifying, fat wife, Attica, the idea he could still get out free & clear - made complete & casual sense as soon as it came out of his mouth. Pacino blew his oldproallpro director out the the water as much as he did us. nufced

Users who are viewing this thread