What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rule Changes for 2017 Survivor and Anarchy...? (1 Viewer)

Stinkin Ref

IBL Representative
Are we allowed to propose suggestions for possible rule changes?

For instance I have a few that would not cause any drastic changes to format, etc.

1. If your player returns a punt or kickoff for a TD.....give em the 6 points.

2. If your player throws, runs, or receives a 2 point conversion.....give em the 2 points.

3. If your DST returns a 2 point conversion attempt the other way....give em the 2 points. (this may already be happening, I don't know)

*** IMO these are pretty big plays (especially #1) and your player should get individual points for them

and a question....if your player makes a reception during a 2 point conversion, have we been currently counting that as a reception so they get the points for the reception but not the 2 points for the score?

just some thoughts....

:banned:

David's initial reaction to SR's suggestion.

While we are at it I would like to argue that maybe we should have team kickers if we are going to continue with team QB. Or just get rid of kickers all together (like my teams do during the season).

David's initial reaction to SR's suggestion.

While we are at it I would like to argue that maybe we should have team kickers if we are going to continue with team QB. Or just get rid of kickers all together (like my teams do during the season).
I was thinking about the PK thing but I kind of like how picking a PK or 2 affects the mid-late rounds of the draft.....with some of the uncertainty at the position year in and year out before the season, some guys will grab 2 steady guys early while some totally punt the position and deal with the scraps....kind of like that it can be a 150+ point mistake that may not involve an injury....

It is all well and good until you draft Robbie Gould thinking not many more kickers are safer than him to watch him get cut after preseason in a money saving move for a 3 win team.

I decided my answer to the kicker question was to follow the money. Ooops.

You guys just want me studying kickers all spring. Can't do it.

Biabreakable said:
It is all well and good until you draft Robbie Gould thinking not many more kickers are safer than him to watch him get cut after preseason in a money saving move for a 3 win team.

I decided my answer to the kicker question was to follow the money. Ooops.

You guys just want me studying kickers all spring. Can't do it.
in that case round 10 or so sounds about right for you to go ahead and snag Gost and then Gano or something....

For instance I have a few that would not cause any drastic changes to format, etc.

2. If your player throws, runs, or receives a 2 point conversion.....give em the 2 points.

3. If your DST returns a 2 point conversion attempt the other way....give em the 2 points. (this may already be happening, I don't know)

*** IMO these are pretty big plays (especially #1) and your player should get individual points for them

and a question....if your player makes a reception during a 2 point conversion, have we been currently counting that as a reception so they get the points for the reception but not the 2 points for the score?

just some thoughts....

1) I thought the league was set up like that already, so I don't have a problem with that one.
2) All the Anarchy leagues already score 2 point conversions from offensive players.
3) I guess MFL leagues did not default to include scoring 2 pointers to D/ST. I will have to manually fix that for next year.

4) I like decimal scoring for kickers better, so that will probably change.
5) I may tweak D/ST scoring to award more points for safeties and add points for blocked kicks.

As for the last non-question, none the stats from a conversion count in real NFL stats. On those plays, no one gets credit for yardage, completions, interceptions, etc.

I will try to review scoring in general, as the point of creating the leagues in the first place was to have the value of each fantasy position relatively similar. However, at that time, the NFL was a league dominated by running backs (pause to sigh about the good old days). Now, not so much.

And (DRAMATIC PAUSE) . . . I may even revamp the scoring system to change with the times. I don't know what that means, but that might mean going to a revamped PPR system (off the top, maybe 0.5 RB / 1 WR / 1.5 TE). Again, back in the day, tight ends were mostly a fantasy after thought.

Last year, there were 3 running backs that hit 200 points at the end of the season. Compare that to 28 at WR, 12 at TE, and 4 DEF. Given the injury risk at RB (could be out an earlier pick by drafting a back that goes on IR), there needs to be more incentive to draft one before the 8th round.

And who said Ref could speak up in the first place?

1) I thought the league was set up like that already, so I don't have a problem with that one.
2) All the Anarchy leagues already score 2 point conversions from offensive players.
3) I guess MFL leagues did not default to include scoring 2 pointers to D/ST. I will have to manually fix that for next year.

4) I like decimal scoring for kickers better, so that will probably change.
5) I may tweak D/ST scoring to award more points for safeties and add points for blocked kicks.

As for the last non-question, none the stats from a conversion count in real NFL stats. On those plays, no one gets credit for yardage, completions, interceptions, etc.

I will try to review scoring in general, as the point of creating the leagues in the first place was to have the value of each fantasy position relatively similar. However, at that time, the NFL was a league dominated by running backs (pause to sigh about the good old days). Now, not so much.

And (DRAMATIC PAUSE) . . . I may even revamp the scoring system to change with the times. I don't know what that means, but that might mean going to a revamped PPR system (off the top, maybe 0.5 RB / 1 WR / 1.5 TE). Again, back in the day, tight ends were mostly a fantasy after thought.

Last year, there were 3 running backs that hit 200 points at the end of the season. Compare that to 28 at WR, 12 at TE, and 4 DEF. Given the injury risk at RB (could be out an earlier pick by drafting a back that goes on IR), there needs to be more incentive to draft one before the 8th round.

And who said Ref could speak up in the first place?
When you put up the most points in league history maybe you get a little slack.... :banned:

I could very well be wrong about some of these and we already do them maybe confusing with subscriber contests or something but I thought I remembered something about "no advantage to taking guys that return punts,etc."....

like the decimal kicker thing

love bumping safeties a point or two....those are huge plays....and blocked kicks....

cool with PPR changes....

could maybe do away with position limits except at QB, PK, and DST.....I hate position limits in total points leagues...

Stinkin Ref said:
could maybe do away with position limits except at QB, PK, and DST.....I hate position limits in total points leagues...
Let's not say things we can't take back. That's part of the strategic element of these leagues.We all at some point will have to hold our collective noses and pick that 80th RB or 38th TE. IMO, that required more knowledge and more skill. Ultimately it may not change the overall team scoring a lot, but if you know the guys drafting between your picks can't take another TE, you can better strategize and map out your next pick. Well, at least theoretically.

Let's not say things we can't take back. That's part of the strategic element of these leagues.We all at some point will have to hold our collective noses and pick that 80th RB or 38th TE. IMO, that required more knowledge and more skill. Ultimately it may not change the overall team scoring a lot, but if you know the guys drafting between your picks can't take another TE, you can better strategize and map out your next pick. Well, at least theoretically.
no I agree....I actually thought more about it and will back peddle a little...

but I think there is also some strategy involved if I decide to take 0 RB, 0 WR, and 12 TE.... 

might be fun to try an Anarchy like that with position limits at QB/PK/DST...but thats it....No Limits Anarchy....and see how it would shake out compared to others...

no I agree....I actually thought more about it and will back peddle a little...

but I think there is also some strategy involved if I decide to take 0 RB, 0 WR, and 12 TE.... 

might be fun to try an Anarchy like that with position limits at QB/PK/DST...but thats it....No Limits Anarchy....and see how it would shake out compared to others...
Hmmm. Literal No Limits Anarchy might be interesting. As in NO POSITIONAL LIMITS OR REQUIREMENTS. That sounds intriguing. Draft whomever you want whenever you want. With everyone drafted from the same player pool, it might make for some interesting roster combinations. I will get my minions to research that.

At some point I looked into creating an all-flex league. You have to nerf QB scoring in order to maintain positional balance - I think I was looking at something like -5 for each turnover, -0.1 for each sack yard lost, and only +3 per passing TD. It might be fun as a new league, but I wouldn't want Anarchy to change to that format.

I am pissed off about kickers this year (I took Josh Brown and Robbie Gould as my two "safe" kickers, and am currently 193 points out of the lead in Anarchy 3 and 196 points behind the leader in kicker scoring), but I still think that Anarchy is better with individual kickers.

At some point I looked into creating an all-flex league. You have to nerf QB scoring in order to maintain positional balance - I think I was looking at something like -5 for each turnover, -0.1 for each sack yard lost, and only +3 per passing TD. It might be fun as a new league, but I wouldn't want Anarchy to change to that format.

I am pissed off about kickers this year (I took Josh Brown and Robbie Gould as my two "safe" kickers, and am currently 193 points out of the lead in Anarchy 3 and 196 points behind the leader in kicker scoring), but I still think that Anarchy is better with individual kickers.
No limits, all flex auction could be fun.

just some thoughts....

:thumbup:

I suppose we can have an airing of grievances once the season is over. But for now, on to . . . the feats of strength!

Users who are viewing this thread