Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
gussy

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last!

46 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

He lost a trademark case this year to a music teacher representing himself in court.

All part of his 50D chess game

1 minute ago, Mile High said:

We don't have the money to feed old people but enough for Trump to hire his own personal spy force?

I'm not quite as concerned about the spying part as I am about the kidnapping foreign nationals to torture them part.

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

All part of his 50D chess game

"I'm going to move my horsey.... here.  Ha!  I passed GO!  Give me $200!"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, McJose said:

Why do they hate Jesus?

Don't have time for Jesus when there are children to diddle

WTF!

The White House and CIA have been considering a package of secret proposals to allow former US intelligence officers to run privatized covert actions, intelligence gathering, and propaganda missions, according to three sources who’ve been briefed on or have direct knowledge of the proposals.

One of the proposals would involve hiring a private company, Amyntor Group, for millions of dollars to set up a large intelligence network and run counter terrorist propaganda efforts, according to the sources. Amyntor’s officials and employees include veterans of a variety of US covert operations, ranging from the Reagan-era Iran–Contra affair to more recent actions in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Amyntor declined to discuss the proposals, but a lawyer for the company said in a statement to BuzzFeed News that the type of contract being contemplated would be legal “with direction and control by the proper government authority.”

Another proposal presented to US officials would allow individuals affiliated with the company to help capture wanted terrorists on behalf of the United States. In keeping with that proposal, people close to the company are tracking two specific suspects in a Middle Eastern country, the sources said, for possible “rendition” to the United States.

A source speaking on behalf of the company stressed that while Amyntor officials are aware of and involved in the rendition plan, the company itself would not be involved.

Just a coincidence:

Amyntor Group is a reclusive company headquartered in Whitefish, Montana, a town of 6,500 residents that recently gained notoriety after a company based there won, then lost, a $300 million contract to rebuild Puerto Rico’s electrical grid. There is no known relationship between the two companies.

Amyntor’s website describes its mission as “providing extraordinary security solutions.” It claims to “maintain an experienced cadre of cleared professionals that possess Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in the areas of intelligence training, collections and analysis, risk assessment, and counterintelligence to support U.S. and friendly foreign government activities around the globe.”

Among the management of Amyntor is John Maguire, a former CIA case officer who reportedly led a US effort to provoke Saddam Hussein into war before the 2003 invasion of Iraq.

Read the whole disgusting thing

https://www.buzzfeed.com/aramroston/trump-administration-mulls-private-rendition?utm_term=.bs61Ezgna#.fo2lyLWrN

• Like 3

1 hour ago, cosjobs said:

Lindsey Graham on CNN
:“You know what concerns me about the American press is this endless, endless attempt to label the guy as some kind of KOOK NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT"

Graham on Fox on 2/17/16
On Trump : “I think he’s a KOOK. I think he’s crazy ..He’s NOT FIT TO BE PRESIDENT”

The GOP hypocrisy in the age of Trump is amazing.  They support the man while he tweets some of the most obnoxious and irresponsible #### imaginable. And today the RNC called for the Huffington Post to fire one of their writers for tweeting "congratulations to John McCain's wife and children on their upcoming tax-free inheritance" after he came out in favor of the bill.   They considered this to be mocking McCain's condition somehow, apparently believing him to be immortal were it not for cancer. At most it was slightly off-color comment from a snarky social media reporter. Trump, who is the President of the United States, tweets worse things twenty times a week, some of them much worse.

It's funny how all the people who loved to complain about snowflakes and political correctness turned out to be the most sensitive snowflakes around once they seized power.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

The GOP hypocrisy in the age of Trump is amazing.  They support the man while he tweets some of the most obnoxious and irresponsible #### imaginable. And today the RNC called for the Huffington Post to fire one of their writers for tweeting "congratulations to John McCain's wife and children on their upcoming tax-free inheritance" after he came out in favor of the bill.   They considered this to be mocking McCain's condition somehow, apparently believing him to be immortal were it not for cancer. At most it was slightly off-color comment from a snarky social media reporter. Trump, who is the President of the United States, tweets worse things twenty times a week, some of them much worse.

It's funny how all the people who loved to complain about snowflakes and political correctness turned out to be the most sensitive snowflakes around once they seized power.

While I generally like the Huffington Post, I find that to be a classless and tasteless comment. McCain is one of the few Republicans who actually votes with his conscience and isn't afraid to cross party lines. Just because he didn't in this case is not an excuse to make a comment about his imminent death. Disgusting comment. 

8 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

While I generally like the Huffington Post, I find that to be a classless and tasteless comment. McCain is one of the few Republicans who actually votes with his conscience and isn't afraid to cross party lines. Just because he didn't in this case is not an excuse to make a comment about his imminent death. Disgusting comment. 

I see the argument that it's mildly tasteless. But it's not like she wished for him to die or even said he was gonna die very soon. You could just as easily make the statement about any rich old Republican who doesn't have cancer and it would make just as much sense. "Congratulations to Melania, Don Jr, Eric, Barron and Ivanka on their upcoming tax-free inheritance" works just as well and is not remotely out of bounds. I'm assuming Don will freeze out poor Tiffany here.

And bottom line, calling for someone to be fired for making an arguably mildly tasteless joke on twitter when your boss posted a bunch of bigoted propaganda material and wrongly accused Joe Scarborough of murder on twitter yesterday is just a little absurd, wouldn't you say?

Edited by TobiasFunke
  • Like 4

Or as the journalist put it:

Ashley Feinberg‏Verified account @ashleyfeinberg

to be clear—i shouldn’t have been glib and callous in pointing out that john mccain’s family stands to benefit massively from the estate tax provision in the tax bill he’s voting on this week, and i am sorry for that

There is value in pointing out that many of the people who are most instrumental in turning this pile of garbage into law also stand to benefit significantly from it. She could have phrased it slightly differently, but cancer doesn't give you a free pass from being called out for voting for legislation that is clearly bad for most of the country but that provides huge personal/family benefits. In fact one could argue that its a relevant factor to the discussion.

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

I see the argument that it's mildly tasteless. But it's not like she wished for him to die or even said he was gonna die very soon. You could just as easily make the statement about any rich old Republican who doesn't have cancer and it would make just as much sense. "Congratulations to Melania, Don Jr, Eric, Barron and Ivanka on their upcoming tax-free inheritance" works just as well and is not remotely out of bounds. I'm assuming Don will freeze out poor Tiffany here.

And bottom line, calling for someone to be fired for making an arguably mildly tasteless joke on twitter when your boss posted a bunch of bigoted propaganda material and wrongly accused Joe Scarborough of murder on twitter yesterday is just a little absurd, wouldn't you say?

If it were a speech, I could excuse it as mistakenly saying something inappropriate that they would have said regardless of the guy's health. But it was in print. And proof read.  McCain's cancer/diagnosis is very well known and very recent.It wasn't unintentional.  It was something that I'd expect Trump to say. 

36 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Yes. I agree with this part.  I wouldn't want to see anyone lose their job. But an apology is certainly in order.

2 hours ago, RBM said:

Amazing people are still foolish enough to challenge this guy. He just doesn’t lose. 

He loses in court often.

32 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

There is value in pointing out that many of the people who are most instrumental in turning this pile of garbage into law also stand to benefit significantly from it. She could have phrased it slightly differently, but cancer doesn't give you a free pass from being called out for voting for legislation that is clearly bad for most of the country but that provides huge personal/family benefits. In fact one could argue that its a relevant factor to the discussion.

Two tasteless comments does not make a tasty comment.  Huffington Post was wrong to go there.  

1 minute ago, knowledge dropper said:

Two tasteless comments does not make a tasty comment.  Huffington Post was wrong to go there.  

They didn't, it was a tweet. I don't think it was tasteless, but you're obviously welcome to disagree.

Let me know the next/first time you criticize Trump for making a tasteless comment.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, TobiasFunke said:

The GOP hypocrisy in the age of Trump is amazing.  They support the man while he tweets some of the most obnoxious and irresponsible #### imaginable. And today the RNC called for the Huffington Post to fire one of their writers for tweeting "congratulations to John McCain's wife and children on their upcoming tax-free inheritance" after he came out in favor of the bill.   They considered this to be mocking McCain's condition somehow, apparently believing him to be immortal were it not for cancer.

First, why would the writer automatically assume that John would predecease his wife if his condition played no role in the comment?  By the way, only about 10% of people with the type of cancer that John McCain has survive more than five years.  Median survival rate is between 14 months and three years.

Second, isn't his wife the one who is worth all the money?  I question whether John McCain's death would trigger the estate tax under current rules depending on how his assets are held.

Edited by bigbottom

1 hour ago, Sammy3469 said:

The White House and CIA have been considering a package of secret proposals to allow former US intelligence officers to run privatized covert actions, intelligence gathering, and propaganda missions, according to three sources who’ve been briefed on or have direct knowledge of the proposals.

This sounds like a Erik Prince brainchild, by which I mean ogre-child.

Edited by SaintsInDome2006
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

First, why would the writer automatically assume that John would predecease his wife if his condition played no role in the comment?  Second, isn't his wife the one who is worth all the money?

Yeah the second part occurred to me.

McCain is 18 years older than his wife.  If you want to get technical about it there's no reason to necessarily assume he'd die before his children either.  It was just a tweet.

Anyway, even if you think it was off-color, my point was that the party of the man who just yesterday pushed out misleading bigoted propaganda and accused Joe Scarborough of murder on Twitter sounds pretty absurd asking if someone's gonna be fired for that tweet.

Edited by TobiasFunke

4 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

Yeah the second part occurred to me.

McCain is 18 years older than his wife.  If you want to get technical about it there's no reason to necessarily assume he'd die before his children either.  It was just a tweet.

Anyway, even if you think it was off-color, my point was that the party of the man who just yesterday pushed out misleading bigoted propaganda and accused Joe Scarborough of murder on Twitter sounds pretty absurd asking if someone's gonna be fired for that tweet.

And I agree your latter point.  But I can't fathom why you would suggest that the tweet wasn't somehow mocking his condition (or at least referring to it).  You know that he has a 10% chance of surviving five years, right?  (I edited my above post to make the point.)

8 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

And I agree your latter point.  But I can't fathom why you would suggest that the tweet wasn't somehow mocking his condition (or at least referring to it).  You know that he has a 10% chance of surviving five years, right?  (I edited my above post to make the point.)

I didn't know that. I knew the prognosis was bad but hadn't seen numbers.

I would guess she was referring to it, but honestly that doesn't bother me. She didn't seem to be mocking it.  At worst it was glib. There is value in pointing out the self-interest at work here considering the damage the bill will do to so many people who do not enjoy the privilege that McCain's family enjoys. It's an unusual kind of self-interest, but it is self-interest nonetheless and therefore a legitimate topic IMO.

Edited by TobiasFunke

If Tom Cotton becomes CIA Director, we will have an Attorney General who refuses to investigate and the nation's lead foreign spymaster refusing to believe (outwardly) that Russia meddled with U.S. elections. Add in the rumors leaking out of Whitefish and it's been a bad day for my Banana Republic paranoia.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, TobiasFunke said:

They didn't, it was a tweet. I don't think it was tasteless, but you're obviously welcome to disagree.

Let me know the next/first time you criticize Trump for making a tasteless comment.

You’ll be the first to know when Trump makes a brain cancer joke.  

1 hour ago, JuniorNB said:

I guess his conscience must whisper very softly, because he doesn't hear it very often

47 minutes ago, bigbottom said:

First, why would the writer automatically assume that John would predecease his wife if his condition played no role in the comment?  By the way, only about 10% of people with the type of cancer that John McCain has survive more than five years.  Median survival rate is between 14 months and three years.

Second, isn't his wife the one who is worth all the money?  I question whether John McCain's death would trigger the estate tax under current rules depending on how his assets are held.

"Explaining a joke is like dissecting a frog. You understand it better but the frog dies in the process." - E.B. White

• Like 1

Deep state working overtime :thumbup:

NBC 4 Washington, which obtained the hundreds of work orders, reports that there have been a number of requests to deal with vermin in the White House,

30 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Do the Republicans not understand how video work's?  

Of course they do.  New video means the Republican base doesn't care about old video.  That's how it works.

33 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Deep state working overtime :thumbup:

NBC 4 Washington, which obtained the hundreds of work orders, reports that there have been a number of requests to deal with vermin in the White House,

While accurate, it's not really nice to call the President's inner circle that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Of course they do.  New video means the Republican base doesn't care about old video.  That's how it works.

Or is it like the Bible...where some of the old stuff they still like to use when convenient?

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Or is it like the Bible...where some of the old stuff they still like to use when convenient?

Yes.  Just like the video of the Bible.

2 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Imagine unironically supporting Trump? :lmao:

I keep hoping my neighborhood is actually some kind of elaborate performance art piece.

25 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

He's a living caricature, it's unreal. I really have no faith left in this country. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

It's why they want to send us back to the 1850's.

fixed

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SameSongNDance said:

Yeah, but there are real humans who do this.  Granted they are the worst possible humans, but they are still real humans.  I get that some people got fooled a year ago, but I just hung out with several Trump lovers over the Thanksgiving holiday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bucky86 said:

It's why they want to send us back to the 1950's.

People are always most homesick for somewhere they have never been. 

1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

I keep hoping my neighborhood country is actually some kind of elaborate performance art piece.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Koya said:
1 hour ago, Henry Ford said:

I keep hoping my neighborhood country is actually some kind of elaborate performance art piece.

Its one big Spirit Cooking BBQ...

4 hours ago, TobiasFunke said:

Update: look at the two quotes she trapped Fox News into running in order to write a story about her tweet.  Genius.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

He loses in court often.

He lost the attempt at the ACA health care repeal. Also a loser in the polls for a year when it comes to his approval rating. Of late it appears he hardly ever wins.

2 hours ago, Bucky86 said:

It's why they want to send us back to the USSR.

• Like 1

On 11/29/2017 at 2:17 PM, jonessed said:

He’s not getting banned from the UK.

Not yet, but his trip was just cancelled because of this. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, killface said:

He's an awful person.  Just awful as a human being.  I thought it would be bad but it's been much worse by any stretch of the imagination

:yes:

45 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

Not yet, but his trip was just cancelled because of this. 

Just because they won't let him in the country doesn't mean he's banned.

• Like 3