What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (19 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Dodds said:
"At this point, if you're not against him, you're a pile of human garbage"

This is exactly opposite of the kind of post we allow on our boards. An appropriate timeout will be given to the offender. I am posting this here so others can see we are not ever going to tolerate these sweeping generalizations and continued abuses will get offenders permanently banned from our boards.
 I'm standing by my statement.  Ban away if you feel the need to.  

I'm standing by my statement.  Ban away if you feel the need to.  
I think people's statements and beliefs expose them for what they are without any need to spell it out so crudely. 

Just start working on your ignore list. It makes this place significantly better when you can stroll past the trolls and the filth they spread.

The Indestructible said:
Sexism, misogyny, and sexual harassment are serious topics.  I can tell you disagree, but you should try taking them seriously sometime.  
I'll get on that right after lunch!  Rage all afternoon for another dumb, but kind of funny, tweet Trump put out.

Godsbrother said:
News to these two:  Trump isn't offering any apologies and he isn't worried about picking a fight with anyone.   He really doesn't give a crap what anyone thinks.
Do you really think these two don't know that? They're just calling out and raising attention to his disconnected idiocy

Do you really think these two don't know that? They're just calling out and raising attention to his disconnected idiocy
Yup. They're smart enough to know you can't normalize him. But it's imperative to continue to point out the stain he's casting over our country at all times. Don't let up. We can't allow ourselves to become numb to it or accept it and believe that's the way it should be.  

Yup. They're smart enough to know you can't normalize him. But it's imperative to continue to point out the stain he's casting over our country at all times. Don't let up. We can't allow ourselves to become numb to it or accept it and believe that's the way it should be.  
Exactly. You have to keep pressure on a lying conman. Call them out on their BS.

Zow said:
Do you not know what slut-shaming means?

Noone (I would hope) thinks "it's the way it should be". 

Not choosing to complain about it every single day for four yrs doesn't mean one accepts it. 

When I read his tweet I was surprised. When I read hers it raised my eyebrows more than his. Maybe because I didn't expect it from her. Maybe because she used the word slutshaming. 

As I've said, I find it fascinating that a group of people complain all day everyday about the same thing. Never saw anything like it before. 

Maybe I'm envious that Trump is nowhere near the top of the list of things I have to worry about every day

Not choosing to complain about it every single day for four yrs doesn't mean one accepts it. 

When I read his tweet I was surprised. When I read hers it raised my eyebrows more than his. Maybe because I didn't expect it from her. Maybe because she used the word slutshaming. 

As I've said, I find it fascinating that a group of people complain all day everyday about the same thing. Never saw anything like it before. 

Maybe I'm envious that Trump is nowhere near the top of the list of things I have to worry about every day
I don't think people complain about the same thing here every day. Same person? Yes. Same things? I don't believe so.

As far as your second sentence, I'm not sure just how many people recognize this isn't the way things should be. They are accepting it by not opposing it. 

I don't believe these are normal times. The outpouring of posts in this forum reflects that. I think there needs to be a constant awareness of how wrong things have become and how people will not tolerate it and how people want it to change. If that means there's some repetition along the way so be it. 

It's not like people are complaining about WNBA officiating here, this is actually some pretty important stuff.

the action or fact of stigmatizing a woman for engaging in behavior judged to be promiscuous or sexually provocative.
[serious reply]  Actually, that's close, but not quite on the button.  The mere suggestion that a woman being promiscuous is a bad thing is also wrapped up in that term.  So it doesn't really matter if it is factually true or not.  "Little Bo Peep is such a tramp" is a  harmful thing to say (i.e., "slut-shaming") regardless of whether Bo Peep is promiscuous.  Anything that ties together a woman's sexuality with negativity should be avoided.

For what it's worth.  I do think you strive to learn on these boards. 

Trump family tried to vote absentee in the NYC mayoral election:

MELANIA: Didn't follow directions to sign envelope so her vote didn't count

IVANKA: Sent it on election day, too late

JARED: Never sent ballot

DONALD: Got his own b-day wrong by a month

https://t.co/6X0aTfqZV7
I thought this was a joke when you first posted it. Didn't click the link right away.

Good Lord. 

Gee, I wonder if Barack Obama ever got his own birthday wrong on an absentee ballot if it would be the lead story on Hannity and reopen the investigation of the validity of Obama’s birth certificate.

the gang that couldn't shoot straight....it should be funny but it's just sad that this is who is "running" (more like ruining) our country.

the gang that couldn't shoot straight....it should be funny but it's just sad that this is who is "running" (more like ruining) our country.
There will come a time when we're able to really laugh at so much of the things we've seen with Trump.

That time has not yet come.

David Dodds said:
"At this point, if you're not against him, you're a pile of human garbage"

This is exactly opposite of the kind of post we allow on our boards. An appropriate timeout will be given to the offender. I am posting this here so others can see we are not ever going to tolerate these sweeping generalizations and continued abuses will get offenders permanently banned from our boards.
:goodposting:   All the Tanner alias should have been banned years ago.  Horrible troll.

I saw it during the Obama years.  The crazy thing is that those people are still complaining about him and he's not even the President anymore.  Also, the same goes on with Hillary.  Lots of 'Whatabouts' said everyday as well.

One difference is context, ie there aren't over a dozen Romneys who have accused the president of sexually assaulting or harrassing Romneys as part of a clear lifelong pattern of Trump objectifying and demeaning Romneys :shrug:
Romney also wasn't trying to get Trump to resign due to his alleged sexual assaults.  

Jim Acosta‏ @Acosta 3h3 hours ago

Prior to this morment, @presssec issued a warning to me. She said if I asked a question of Trump at the bill signing "I can't promise you will be allowed into a pool spray again." Sorry Sarah.. we won't be intimidated.

Allie Malloy‏ @AlliemalCNN 4h4 hours ago

President Trump ignores question from @Acosta on what the president meant when he tweeted that Sen. Gillibrand would do anything for a campaign contribution.

Last edited by a moderator:
We now live in a country where the Press Secretary routinely answers questions about possibly improper behavior by the President, including today's accusations of sexist behavior.

#MAGA 

Cowboysfan8 said:
I'm not going to type an answer to your last question because it's absurd.

But if this is true..."Does t bother me that anonymous internet people support him or vot d for him?  Not one bit...sorry, but I just don’t care enough about people to care that they voted for someone.  ".... Why do you ask all the time why people won't come here and defend it. 

And I quote "so it's because he's not pc?"

That was my original question. That question has been asked here every other page for 10 months. Why?
Why is it absurd?  Others have even praised it as anti PC 

No opinion on it at all?

My PC comment was in direct reference to a poster excusing his tweet because he just isn’t pc.

Why?  B cause it’s hard to believe any rational person can think like that.

and it’s a message board...whybot question why someone would support them?  Why does questioning that seem to bother you so much?

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboysfan8 said:
See...2 minutes ago you said these people's reasons don't bother you ... you don't care. So now it does bother you? 

Fascinating stuff
Bother?  Questioning things now = actually bothers me?

Your worrying about this is definitely fascinating.

he said the same thing about Mitt Romney
Wait, Trump said about Romney the he "would do anything for a campaign contribution"?

I would like to see a link to that, but assuming he actually said that, you do see that there is a difference if that response is directed to a woman, rather than another man? I don't believe that making an identical statement about Romney would carry the same sexual innuendo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread