What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (16 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whatever you need to do to make yourself feel better.  :thumbup:
You know, you never answered my questions from yesterday. Here they are again: President Trump has made bigoted comments regarding, among others, Latinos, Muslim Americans, undocumented immigrants. He has made sexist comments about women. How do you as a Trump supporter feel about these comments? Why do you continue to support him? 

I honestly would like to know your answers to these questions. And that goes the same for every Trump supporter here: RBM, HellToupee, Knowledge Dropper- all of you are invited to answer. TIA

You know, you never answered my questions from yesterday. Here they are again: President Trump has made bigoted comments regarding, among others, Latinos, Muslim Americans, undocumented immigrants. He has made sexist comments about women. How do you as a Trump supporter feel about these comments? Why do you continue to support him? 

I honestly would like to know your answers to these questions. And that goes the same for every Trump supporter here: RBM, HellToupee, Knowledge Dropper- all of you are invited to answer. TIA
Don't start again Tim. You never proved your terrible accusations against me. What's wrong with you?

Why did you support Hillary with her deplorable track history of shameful comments 

Why are you refusing to answer the questions? 
Why won't you back up and prove your terrible accusations against me yesterday? Because you can't so knock this crap off Tim. I don't need to answer anything to you after the crap you did yesterday. Get that through your thick skull. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you support Hillary with her deplorable track history of shameful comments 
Good question. 

1. Some of what you regard as “shameful comments” I do not. 

2. In the case of Hillary I was willing to overlook certain flaws because I supported her political views pretty closely. I think that’s true of all politicians. If she had said anything close to what Trump has said I would have stopped supporting her. I don’t think your analogy is even close. 

The people who supported Clinton, either enthusiastically or reluctantly, have spent countless hours addressing these questions in a number of threads this forum. The same is true of virtually every other candidate for national office on both sides of the aisle in the past.

The people who support Donald Trump have never responded to the questions Tim poses here, nor to my questions about why they support a man who has been accused of sexual misconduct by over a dozen women.

I know you won't start now of course, but the contrast is still worth pointing out at every opportunity.

Why won't you back up and prove your terrible accusations against me yesterday? Because you can't so knock this crap off Tim. I don't need to answer anything to you after the crap you did yesterday. Get that through your thick skull. 
What I wrote yesterday is that you approved of Trump’s comments about women, undocumented immigrants, and Muslim Americans. It’s interesting to me that as a Trump fan, you regard this as a “terrible accusation.” I asked you to deny it and I wrote that I would accept your denial. You refused to deny it. Therefore I stand by what I wrote. 

What I wrote yesterday is that you approved of Trump’s comments about women, undocumented immigrants, and Muslim Americans. It’s interesting to me that as a Trump fan, you regard this as a “terrible accusation.” I asked you to deny it and I wrote that I would accept your denial. You refused to deny it. Therefore I stand by what I wrote. 
No Tim, that is not even close to what you wrote so stop trying to move the goal posts. Seriously, you need to stop this crap. You make blanket generalizations about people all the time and it's been explained to you over and over that when you do that you are no better than those you want to criticize. I don't need to answer anything to you and your massive ego. If you truly don't see what you did yesterday then there is no hope for you. I'm done with you on this subject because you don't get it and that's sad. 

We already know the answer to these questions. Just check out Hell Toupees posts during the campaign. He did not speak out against Trump's sexist comments regarding women, particularly the Grab em by the ##### quote which he was silent about despite numerous requests. He refused to answer repeated questions as to how he felt about Trump barging in on teenage girls in the Miss Teen USA Pageant.  We know how he truly feels about undocumented Hispanics, as evidenced by his constant pejorative use of bad hombres and bandidos (sic). And of course he enthusiastically backs the travel ban on Muslims.

He and the others have no problem or issue with Trump's bigotry because the bottom line they only care about their pocketbook, as evidenced by the cheering of the tax bill despite its massive increase in the deficit.

I think these questions need to be asked of every Trump supporter, over and over again. I have asked these questions in real life. I live in Orange County and we have plenty of Trump supporters. Here are the types of answers I’ve received: 

“I agree with what he says about illegals and Muslims. Damn right.” 

“I don’t care about that stuff. I don’t pay attention to that.” 

“I don’t believe he said any of that stuff- fake news. Just like those women- they all turned out to be liars.” 

“What about Hillary?” 

“Gorsuch, the tax bill, the economy- that’s what matters. This other crap, I don’t like it, wish he didn’t say it, but on the whole he’s doing a fine job.” 

No Tim, that is not even close to what you wrote so stop trying to move the goal posts. Seriously, you need to stop this crap. You make blanket generalizations about people all the time and it's been explained to you over and over that when you do that you are no better than those you want to criticize. I don't need to answer anything to you and your massive ego. If you truly don't see what you did yesterday then there is no hope for you. I'm done with you on this subject because you don't get it and that's sad. 
Why do you continue to support President Trump, in light of his remarks about women, Latinos, and Muslim Americans? Do you agree with those remarks? 

You don't need to explain anything.  This is true.  But that choice makes it very easy for us to generalize about you based on what we perceive of your online presence.  So yeah, I think you're probably sexist and racist, despite not knowing you.  I'll cop to that.  I imagine a lot of people here do.  Maybe it's because of a herd mentality or some nefarious shenanigans "behind the scenes" with biased moderators.  Or maybe a bunch of people just independently came to that conclusion based on how you come across here.

The only way you can control how people perceive you on this board is what you write.  I'm aware that plenty of people perceive me as an arrogant #######.  I can live with that.  Others perceive me a "liberal cuck."  I can also live with that because it largely comes from people who provided plenty of evidence to me that they are legitimately terrible people.  I'm sure you've concluded the same about me.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  It would disturb me if someone who I thought was awful didn't find me similarly distasteful.  

Why do you continue to support President Trump, in light of his remarks about women, Latinos, and Muslim Americans? Do you agree with those remarks? 
Tim...do you think you will get an answer beyond “link to me supporting Trump” or more of the same?

I agree with you that questions should be asked of people to support their assertions and claims and to back up their positions.

And even as guilty as I am of taking the bait...there are obvious posters that are not worth the time to go back and forth with.  Some that have been chasing you around for years.  

Time to let it go.

Or asks him to back up other claims he made.  That’s just trolling to expect him to do so.
Making an outrageous and nonsensical factual claim is not trolling, but asking to explain it is. Figure that logic out.

And now the excuse for not defending their positions is that Tim was mean to me! :cry: or the laughable Hell Toupee response: "I won't explain my statement that Trump is best President LGBTQ ever had because you referred to them only as LGBT not the PC LGBTQ" (add rolling smiley).

Making an outrageous and nonsensical factual claim is not trolling, but asking to explain it is. Figure that logic out.

And now the excuse for not defending their positions is that Tim was mean to me! :cry: or the laughable Hell Toupee response: "I won't explain my statement that Trump is best President LGBTQ ever had because you referred to them only as LGBT not the PC LGBTQ" (add rolling smiley).
Just ignore him.  I've had that guy in ignore for a long time.  

Tim...do you think you will get an answer beyond “link to me supporting Trump” or more of the same?

I agree with you that questions should be asked of people to support their assertions and claims and to back up their positions.

And even as guilty as I am of taking the bait...there are obvious posters that are not worth the time to go back and forth with.  Some that have been chasing you around for years.  

Time to let it go.
I probably will with BeaverCleaver. The only reason I asked these questions of him now is because he has spent the last couple of days attempting to contribute to this thread.  True, he’s just cutting and pasting articles in support of Trump, but even that is unusual for him. 

I can also live with that because it largely comes from people who provided plenty of evidence to me that they are legitimately terrible people.  I'm sure you've concluded the same about me.  I wouldn't have it any other way.  It would disturb me if someone who I thought was awful didn't find me similarly distasteful.  
No, that's the difference between us. I don't make conclusions and generalizations about people based on political beliefs or find them distasteful. So much hate and anger by many of you just because someone doesn't think like you. It's sad that many of you are ok with calling people racists, bigots, misogynists just because they disagree with you. I've been called a racist, a member of the KKK, a bigot and other things here and there is not one post of mine here that would show me saying anything like that. That's not cool yet many of you love doing that stuff. 

You use these people as  pawns in your social justice twitter boy frenzy and refuse to refer to them correctly. You’ve showed who you are. I help this cause in the real world and you mock me for it. SMH. Disgusting 

No, that's the difference between us. I don't make conclusions and generalizations about people based on political beliefs or find them distasteful. So much hate and anger by many of you just because someone doesn't think like you. It's sad that many of you are ok with calling people racists, bigots, misogynists just because they disagree with you. I've been called a racist, a member of the KKK, a bigot and other things here and there is not one post of mine here that would show me saying anything like that. That's not cool yet many of you love doing that stuff. 
It's not because they disagree with us. It's because they support a president who is a bigot and a misogynist (and who has been accused of sexual misconduct by over a dozen women) and they steadfastly refuse to address their continued support for the president in light of those facts.

I personally don't call supporters of the president by those names, I think it's a little unfair. But I do think it's fair to say that people on this board who support Trump don't have a problem with a president who is a bigot and a misogynist and who is alleged to have sexually assaulted and harassed women on many occasions.  And I can't really blame people for drawing conclusions about supporters of the president who refuse to acknowledge those facts and reconcile their support.

I've been thinking more and more about my argument with BeaverCleaver and HellToupee this morning. I think the root of the argument, and so many of the arguments that I have with conservatives who defend Donald Trump, comes down to this: Trump supporters want us to accept Trump as part of the normal state of affairs. They want us to accept him as just another conservative President in the age old struggle of conservatives vs. liberals, and all discussions regarding Trump are partisan in nature, with each side having their justifiable point of view: conservatives support Trump, liberals don't. It's all politics, it's all regular routine. And therefore if you attack conservatives who support Trump, if you suggest that they're supporting bigoted behavior, then YOU'RE the one being rude, YOU'RE the one being offensive. Because all they're doing is supporting conservatism the way they always do.

I refuse to accept that. I hold that Donald Trump is a bigot and outside of our traditional conservative-liberal dichotomy. And that forces me to make certain assumptions about people who support President Trump which goes well beyond how I would normally regard a conservative person. If that gets me in trouble here, if some people find that offensive, then I apologize, but I don't know how to see it any other way.
Bump.

Just a typical day for @squistion 
I don't agree but unlike you, I willing to defend statements made in quotes, tweets and article links or my own thoughts. You run away or refuse to answer when confronted to actually defend your positions, see Trump sexist remarks, NH voter fraud, or in the transgender military thread, where you keep asserting that Trump is the best friend the LGBTQ community has ever had, yet refuse to provide one link or explanation as to how he shown by his words or actions to be better than Obama.

For those keeping count:

Trump starts his day at Mar-a-Lago in Palm Beach, Florida.

This is his 113th day at a Trump property as president.

Meh.  He ran like a scalded dog when I asked him why he was only posted once in the Mesa police shooting thread but 500+ times in the Kaepernick thread.  
No, I didn't. I responded that I had posted immediately on the first page while it was still breaking news and quoted Shaun King that it was the worst video of a police shooting of someone unarmed he had ever seen. Another poster verified that and noted that I had given likes to four postings in the thread, including two by Joe Bryant. I am not sure what more you want, I said my piece and to continue to post the same sentiment would be beating the proverbial dead horse.

Plus the Kaep kneeling protest is not just about police shootings, a point that has been raised numerous times but you always seem to overlook. Kaep also was protesting to the broader issue of oppression of all racial minorities. Plus we have the alleged blackballing issue, claims of disrespect to the military and flag, and Trump jumping into the fray with public statements, Kaep's being a finalist for Time's Person of the Year Award, his SI Mohammed Ali Legacy Award, etc. A lot of things to discuss besides the LEOs shooting of unarmed black men in that thread.

No, I didn't. I responded that I had posted immediately on the first page while it was still breaking news and quoted Shaun King that it was the worst video of a police shooting of someone unarmed he had ever seen. Another poster verified that and noted that I had given likes to four postings in the thread, including two by Joe Bryant. I am not sure what more you want, I said my piece and to continue to post the same sentiment would be beating the proverbial dead horse.

Plus the Kaep kneeling protest is not just about police shootings, a point that has been raised numerous times but you always seem to overlook. Kaep also was protesting to the broader issue of oppression of all racial minorities. Plus we have the alleged blackballing issue, claims of disrespect to the military and flag, but Trump jumping into the fray with public statements, Kaeps being a finalist for Time's Person of the Year Award, his SI Mohammed Ali Legacy Award, etc. A lot of things to discuss besides the LEOs shooting of unarmed black men in that thread.
Ok cool so you just moved on to  :deadhorse: x 100 in the Kap thread.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread