What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (13 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t have the time to analyze everything he has ever said without knowing the context.  

Men tell off color jokes in the locker room, playing cards, at fantasy football drafts, at parties etc.   That doesn’t make anyone racist, misogynistic etc. 

It’s ironic that one of Trump’s biggest critics, Senator Frankenstein, melted under the spotlight of the same standards put on Trump.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone delved into every action or statement made by you Trump haters over the past 30 years.  

“judge not, lest ye be judged”
Yes it does.  

I don’t have the time to analyze everything he has ever said without knowing the context.  

Men tell off color jokes in the locker room, playing cards, at fantasy football drafts, at parties etc.   That doesn’t make anyone racist, misogynistic etc. 

It’s ironic that one of Trump’s biggest critics, Senator Frankenstein, melted under the spotlight of the same standards put on Trump.  It would be interesting to see what would happen if someone delved into every action or statement made by you Trump haters over the past 30 years.  

“judge not, lest ye be judged”
How about one thing he's said?  Do you have time to analyze one thing or set of things he's said and put it in context?  I've always wanted to do birtherism, so let's start with this tweet. Who is this source? Why hide his identity? Why hasn't he provided any further evidence of this fraud, or apologized for accusing the president of the United States for perpetrating a fraud on the American people if he is unable to do so?

Not all men tell racist/misogynist jokes in private settings.  But in any event we're not talking about jokes. We're talking about public declarations on the campaign trail, or on television programs, or as the President of the United States.

Behind the scenes conspiracy on a message board is my new favorite complaint.

And Trumonis a victim now?  Holy crap...
Trolls playing the victim card is indeed quite amusing. One person who won't be doing that for awhile is jon_mx who got permanbanned recently after repeatedly complaining he was unfairly suspended for three months while others made similar statements or attacked him without penalty (see Moderation thread in FFA).

Last edited by a moderator:
Trolls playing the victim card is indeed quite amusing. One person who won't be doing that for awhile is jon_mx who got permanbanned recently after repeatedly complaining he was unfairly suspended for three months while made similar statements or attacked him without penalty (see Moderation thread in FFA).
How often do you hit the report button each day?

Remember, I got warned for even mentioning pigeons here because it's offensive to squistion and we can't do anything to upset him. 
Squistion, who is a TROLL by the way, is protected here. He can make the most amazing accusations, spam threads with his twitter feed and just harass posters like myself and nothing happens. Now we know he compulsively reports anything that upsets his sensibilities or doesn’t agree with him so maybe they’re forced into protecting him or maybe it’s something else. I don’t know.

Of course, but it shouldn't have taken that long. His comments about Birtherism from two years before his campaign should have been disqualifying. The fact that he won the nomination continues to be a stain that will never go away from the Republican Party. And these questions that I ask BeaverCleaver, Hell Toupee, Knowledge Dropper, that they refuse to answer- these are questions that they will have to face for the rest of their lives! (Unless of course, they pretend in years to come that they never supported him.)
I'll tell you the situation where I think it really became apparent how it works. Michelle Fields and Breitbart.

Breitbart is good. Breitbart is Real News. Breitbart you can trust. ..... Unless Breitbart has a reporter who claims that she was roughed up by Corey Lewandowski. - Then that Breitbart reporter is a liar. And the Breitbart editors and spokesmen who defend the reporter are liars. Then they must be purged, which they were. - So then you see Corey Lewandowski did nothing wrong. And Trump who supported Lewandowski did nothing wrong. - In fact it never happened.

And so even now when Trump supporter Joy Villa claims Lewandowski played grab-### with her against her will, why we know she's lying too.

It's really very simple. It never happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Funny that you know he is permabanned 
Not funny at all, I can read. Joe Bryant's last word in that thread on the subject to jon_mx:

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/744557-ffa-moderation-thoughts-what-do-you-think/?page=67

After the Lousiana police were shot, you couldn't let the first page of the thread complete before you jumped to "If we only had a black president who could bridge the racial divide with a MLK type leadership.   Not saying Obama bears blame, but the hope he promised seems to have gone the opposite direction. "

I asked you nicely to drop it here. That's way more than most people get. You seem to be unable to do so. I'm sorry but we're out of options. 

racist comments and jokes aren't racist?

I'm not sure I understand where you are coming from.
It’s an act. It’s preventing or denying someone something solely based on the color of their skin (e.g. the right to vote, an open seat on a bus, a job when most qualified, a house you can afford).  

Stuff happens on a moderated board. It has nothing to do with ideology.  I got a two day ban for this two weeks ago.

For what it's worth,I think one way to avoid being treated unfairly is to stick to the issues. Discuss the substance of criticisms of politicians and policies you support or oppose instead of nailing yourself to a cross or spouting meaningless campaign slogans and ignoring legitimate responses to your posts. Give it a try!

Stuff happens on a moderated board. It has nothing to do with ideology.  I got a two day ban for this two weeks ago.

For what it's worth,I think one way to avoid being treated unfairly is to stick to the issues. Discuss the substance of criticisms of politicians and policies you support or oppose instead of nailing yourself to a cross or spouting meaningless campaign slogans and ignoring legitimate responses to your posts. Give it a try!
Ticky tack makeup call imo. I dont even see that as mean spirited , kind of just a fun shot.

This thread is an exact reflection of what’s happening (and what’s wrong) with politics today.  A bunch of people talking at, not to, each other with exactly zero chance of moving the other person off their position. Civil discourse is gone and it’s all about being right whether or not you actually are.  

It’s a shame really, what made this country great was the ability to have discussions,  sometimes contentious, but with the intent of finding the right answer not about being right individually. We are so far beyond that I’m not sure we’re ever going to get back.  

If we can’t find a way to have intelligent discussions on a ####### football message board how are we going to possibly do it when it really matters and people are really listening?

He didn’t answer my question in a manner that was satisfactory to me.  Isn’t that what most of these fishing expeditions of yours about?
 I diubt any answer he gave would have been satisfactory to you.

Fishing expositions?  Oh yeah...yiubare one of those who complain when being asked to back up your claims and assertions.  Yet now get on another poster who actually answered you.

Perfect.

Jon Mx is not a troll. I disagree with him strongly a lot of the time, and find many of his complaints to be ridiculous, but dude showed up to defend himself again and again and engaged in discussion and debate. To me that is the opposite of a troll. I don’t know what got him permabanned but I am skeptical that it should have happened based on his history. He was a positive contributor to these boards and I will miss him. 

squistion is not a troll, either. Again, his contribution is positive. He engages in discussion and debate, and I have always found his posting of tweets to be informative and interesting. squistion is the target of the greatest amount of mistreatment and ridicule of anyone in these boards, including myself, and I’ve never understood that. It’s stupid and cruel, IMO, and serves no good purpose. 

squistion is not a troll, either. Again, his contribution is positive. He engages in discussion and debate, and I have always found his posting of tweets to be informative and interesting. squistion is the target of the greatest amount of mistreatment and ridicule of anyone in these boards, including myself, and I’ve never understood that. It’s stupid and cruel, IMO, and serves no good purpose. 
He brings it all on himself Tim. He isn't innocent. 

Jon Mx is not a troll. I disagree with him strongly a lot of the time, and find many of his complaints to be ridiculous, but dude showed up to defend himself again and again and engaged in discussion and debate. To me that is the opposite of a troll. I don’t know what got him permabanned but I am skeptical that it should have happened based on his history. He was a positive contributor to these boards and I will miss him. 

What purpose does it serve when he trolls HT?

Squistion, who is a TROLL by the way, is protected here. He can make the most amazing accusations, spam threads with his twitter feed and just harass posters like myself and nothing happens. Now we know he compulsively reports anything that upsets his sensibilities or doesn’t agree with him so maybe they’re forced into protecting him or maybe it’s something else. I don’t know.
His posts don’t break the forum rules...why would he be banned for posting tweets that are related to a thread topic?

As for harassment...I think there are several here, including you, who harass him far more than the other way around.  Constantly bringing him up when he isn’t even involved or bringing up pigeons or “who tweeted that”.  Similar to how many of the same people followed (and some still follow) tim around.

Squis May be over the top and annoying at times...but really fits no definition of trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread