What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So why do you think Trump was silent after Putin put out a video of him nuking Florida?

Poor Putin doesn't even get a nickname!
I believe the Russians thought just like most everybody else, that Trump would get crushed in the election. But what they wanted was a chaotic election and a seriously weakened President Hillary who would be doubted and distrusted by a significant portion of the electorate during her term

Maggie Haberman‏Verified account @maggieNYT

More changes expected include a McMaster departure soon, as NBC recently reported. Among replacements, Tillerson had expressed concerns about working with Bolton.

11:15 AM - 13 Mar 2018
FFS!

Time to get those dual citizenship papers with Canada going...

I believe the Russians thought just like most everybody else, that Trump would get crushed in the election. But what they wanted was a chaotic election and a seriously weakened President Hillary who would be doubted and distrusted by a significant portion of the electorate during her term
Maybe you meant to quote someone else, this doesn't answer my question at all.

Putin recently put out a video of nukes hitting Florida, in a show of military strength.

Why do you think Trump was completely silent about this?

Putin recently put out a video of nukes hitting Florida, in a show of military strength.

Guy who converts all of the intelligence briefings to cartoon form got fired?

Maggie Haberman‏Verified account @maggieNYT

More changes expected include a McMaster departure soon, as NBC recently reported. Among replacements, Tillerson had expressed concerns about working with Bolton.

11:15 AM - 13 Mar 2018
Holy ####.

Bolton as the NSA would be the perfect nexus of the absolute worst the GWB administration had to offer with the Trump Admin. 

Current foreign policy including Russian is shaped by Bill Clinton at the time and also adjusted by Bushes for their needs.
It hasn’t changed a little bit in principle.

scott horsley (@HorsleyScott)

3/13/18, 2:26 PM

As President Trump flew to San Diego today to visit border wall prototypes, in-flight lunch was...taco bowls.

NBCWashington (@nbcwashington)

3/13/18, 11:02 AM

Breaking: A school resource officer accidentally fired his weapon inside an Alexandria, Virginia, middle school this morning. nbc4dc.com/h9UDHgK

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone

Article says the deputy director.  I edited that post to say a little more about her- she certainly wouldn't be my choice, but at least she's an agency lifer and I assume would be less eager to politicize the agency than Pompeo was.

I thought Rex was awful.  He had no idea what he was doing or why the State Department was important. As a former three-term Congressman and now former CIA director, Pompeo at least should have a decent understanding of those things.
I've been thinking about this...why?  I mean he hasn't blown up the CIA, but that's a pretty low bar (granted he's performed better than the DeVos's, Shukin's, and Zinke's of the world, but that's a pretty low bar to cross).  These may be the two worst Sec of State's since the Carter administration.  

I've been thinking about this...why?  I mean he hasn't blown up the CIA, but that's a pretty low bar (granted he's performed better than the DeVos's, Shukin's, and Zinke's of the world, but that's a pretty low bar to cross).  These may be the two worst Sec of State's since the Carter administration.  
Maybe, but it's hard to be much worse than Tillerson and I think some of his problems were due to the fact that had no idea how government is supposed to work. He didn't realize that the public has a right to know what he's been up to and to hold him accountable for his and his agency's work, that his staff would expect regular communications with him, that many on the staff brings an expertise he did not have and thus had significant value despite them being lower on the totem pole, that they serve both the agency and the country rather than having a single master like private sector employees do, and so on. Pompeo at least has that understanding.

NBCWashington (@nbcwashington)

3/13/18, 11:02 AM

Breaking: A school resource officer accidentally fired his weapon inside an Alexandria, Virginia, middle school this morning. nbc4dc.com/h9UDHgK

Download the Twitter app

Sent from my iPhone
I am sure the teachers who carry at school will do better than this. I mean they will be vetted and well trained

I'm listening to conservative talk radio (there really isn't any other kind) and the callers all love the Tillerson firing. Of course they love everything that Trump does. But their reasoning, as best that I can gather, is that Tillerson wasn't "tough enough." Examples:

1. Tillerson tried to sweet talk North Korea. Trump was "tough" with North Korea, and that's brought Kim to the table (cringing in terror of Trump.)

2. Tillerson liked Obama's weak Iran deal. Trump wants to get rid of it. Tillerson tried to stop him. Now with Tillerson gone, Trump won't appease Iran any longer!

3. Trump called most of Africa "####hole" countries. It was rude, but accurate. Tillerson went to Africa to apologize to everyone. That was weak, it was politically correct. Trump doesn't need to apologize; he told it like it was, and the world respects us more as a result.

This is the logic that we're dealing with.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
Oh and when the talk show host (Michael Medved) mildly suggested that perhaps the way Tillerson was fired was “unpresidential”, he was angrily attacked by callers who love Trump’s “bluntness”. 

Maybe, but it's hard to be much worse than Tillerson and I think some of his problems were due to the fact that had no idea how government is supposed to work. He didn't realize that the public has a right to know what he's been up to and to hold him accountable for his and his agency's work, that his staff would expect regular communications with him, that many on the staff brings an expertise he did not have and thus had significant value despite them being lower on the totem pole, that they serve both the agency and the country rather than having a single master like private sector employees do, and so on. Pompeo at least has that understanding.
We'll see, but Pompeo was a House of Rep backbencher/Tea-partier that got to where he did through the Koch's largess.  It's one thing to be an ex-intelligence officer in charge of the CIA, it's another to be Sec of State.  

And I'd also say the dismantling of the State Dept is Trump's doing with Rexy just carrying out the orders.  There's nothing that says Pompeo wants to change what has been done.

I'm listening to conservative talk radio (there really isn't any other kind) and the callers all love the Tillerson firing. Of course they love everything that Trump does. But their reasoning, as best that I can gather, is that Tillerson wasn't "tough enough." Examples:

1. Tillerson tried to sweet talk North Korea. Trump was "tough" with North Korea, and that's brought Kim to the table (cringing in terror of Trump.)

2. Tillerson liked Obama's weak Iran deal. Trump wants to get rid of it. Tillerson tried to stop him. Now with Tillerson gone, Trump won't appease Iran any longer!

3. Trump called most of Africa "####hole" countries. It was rude, but accurate. Tillerson went to Africa to apologize to everyone. That was weak, it was politically correct. Trump doesn't need to apologize; he told it like it was, and the world respects us more as a result.

This is the logic that we're dealing with.
You have a good sized vocabulary, I suggest you work on finding a different word.

The last caller I just listened to on this talk radio show is, I believe, emblematic of what I would call the "desperate loyalty" of the current Trump supporter: she said that she didn't understand the chaos in the White House; it wouldn't work for her personally. But somehow it works for Trump and that we have to trust him. "Just look how awesome everything has turned out so far!" she argued, without any attempt at irony.

We'll see, but Pompeo was a House of Rep backbencher/Tea-partier that got to where he did through the Koch's largess.  It's one thing to be an ex-intelligence officer in charge of the CIA, it's another to be Sec of State.  

And I'd also say the dismantling of the State Dept is Trump's doing with Rexy just carrying out the orders.  There's nothing that says Pompeo wants to change what has been done.
Agree.

The best I would say is that Pompeo isn't the most incompetent and ill-suited person that Trump could have chosen. 

The last caller I just listened to on this talk radio show is, I believe, emblematic of what I would call the "desperate loyalty" of the current Trump supporter: she said that she didn't understand the chaos in the White House; it wouldn't work for her personally. But somehow it works for Trump and that we have to trust him. "Just look how awesome everything has turned out so far!" she argued, without any attempt at irony.
Was her name Hellen Tooupe?

roadkill1292 said:
I am a little worried about this reputation for being a "Rapture" believer, which doesn't indicate a solid base for good judgment to me.
Nor does it indicate a decisive "no" answer to "would you like nuclear armageddon to occur in the near future?"

Kyle Griffin (@kylegriffin1)

3/13/18, 5:26 PM

Trump is considering firing his Secretary of Veterans Affairs David Shulkin and installing Energy Secretary Rick Perry in the post, two people close to the White House tell NYT. nyti.ms/2tJvrXH

The further removed Perry is from our nuclear stockpile, the better

he might be the dumbest guy in the cabinet 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread