What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
timschochet said:
I wonder if part of the reason for the rise in his approval ratings are the tariffs. I don’t know how much polling has gone into this, but tariffs tend to be very popular with the general public. 
Until they realize the price of their dryer just went up.  All under the guise  of protecting 300 jobs..

Until they realize the price of their dryer just went up.  All under the guise  of protecting 300 jobs..
Except for they won’t because the tariffs are so watered down now they aren’t really tariffing anymore, but we made a good deal somehow because China is going to buy more US semiconductors, even though they already were because demand is at an all time high, but we might increase tariffs if we don’t like the deal, even though we do like the deal because it’s great, and we gotta NAFTA deal, and I’m confused.    :confused:

15 months ago, I was guaranteed by Republicans: a wall, a travel ban, a transgender ban, mass deportations, the repeal of Obamacare, a soaring stock market, 4% GDP, a 15% corporate tax rate, a 35% middle class tax cut, Hillary in jail, $500 billion of infrastructure spending, the termination of DACA, the end of Common Core, a ban on foreign lobbyists, a 5-year lobbying ban for White House staffers, congressional term limits, reduction in college costs, defunding Planned Parenthood, defunding sanctuary cities, federal child care programs, federal child care tax deductions, a simplified tax system, China labeled a "currency manipulator", and probably a hundred other things not currently on the tip of my tongue, of which exactly none of which have materialized.
Yeah, imminent doompr0n end of the world talk...totally on the same level as anything you just listed  :rolleyes:

I was guaranteed WWIII 15 months ago by all the lefties. I WANT SOME NUKE ACTION DAMMIT!!
Living in Los Angeles, I didn't guarantee it. If I had I would be residing in North Dakota right now (I doubt Bismark is on the NK nuclear hit list).

Last edited by a moderator:
An interesting note from the Axios report was that Trump complains about the “sweetheart deal” that Amazon gets from the USPS but that aids have briefed him on it repeatedly but he doesn’t seem to understand that the USPS apparently does very well on the Amazon deal and that they added sundaybservice specifically because they are making money on it. 

But even after Trump is briefed he immediately goes back to the sweetheart deal.  It’s as if this guy isn’t the brightest bulb 

I was guaranteed WWIII 15 months ago by all the lefties. I WANT SOME NUKE ACTION DAMMIT!!
This is how people justify everything as a success from Trump? Market in the tank, allies hate us, tariffs, housing market bubble, and because some guy thinks "all the lefties guaranteed WWIII 15 months ago", any negative outcome that happens short of that is considered "winning"? That's a joke.

Do these same people have 401k plans for retirement? Is that winning? Trump rides Obama's coattails into office, and then when Trump makes a few decisions himself, now we've had 3 of the worst days in the stock market of all time since the first of the year. News flash Trump fans, the stock market isn't just for rich people anymore. Our generation doesn't get pensions by-and-large. We get 401ks. This is how we have to retire. So I take the nothing to lose attitude to mean they must not really have anything at stake here. Sure, in that case laugh away. Serious people with something to lose aren't laughing I assure you.

This is how people justify everything as a success from Trump? Market in the tank, allies hate us, tariffs, housing market bubble, and because some guy thinks "all the lefties guaranteed WWIII 15 months ago", any negative outcome that happens short of that is considered "winning"? That's a joke.

Do these same people have 401k plans for retirement? Is that winning? Trump rides Obama's coattails into office, and then when Trump makes a few decisions himself, now we've had 3 of the worst days in the stock market of all time since the first of the year. News flash Trump fans, the stock market isn't just for rich people anymore. Our generation doesn't get pensions by-and-large. We get 401ks. This is how we have to retire. So I take the nothing to lose attitude to mean they must not really have anything at stake here. Sure, in that case laugh away. Serious people with something to lose aren't laughing I assure you.
But Trump will bring back coal jobs and rust belt manufacturing jobs through sheer will.  Don’t forget he’s a master negotiator.

There is no 401k for somebody whose job has been taken over by a Mexican or Chinese person.  Don’t forget that Trump loves the uneducated and under educated and they love him.  These guys don’t have nearly as much in their 401Ks

But Trump will bring back coal jobs and rust belt manufacturing jobs through sheer will.  Don’t forget he’s a master negotiator.

There is no 401k for somebody whose job has been taken over by a Mexican or Chinese person.  Don’t forget that Trump loves the uneducated and under educated and they love him.  These guys don’t have nearly as much in their 401Ks
He should stick to self hitting. He can become a master batter.

If you went to a Trump rally and answered Trump when he shouted out "who is going to pay for the wall" ,  with an answer ”Mexico”, you might  be a Redneck

If you are fine with the US taxpayer getting stuck with footing the bill for the wall despite the Donald guaranteeing Mexico would pay for it, you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with Fox News host sharply criticizing Obama for agreeing to meet with dictators without preconditions and now like how Fox News hosts think President Trump may win the Nobel peace prize for agreeing to meet with Kim Jong Un without preconditions and still watch Fox News , you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with Trump fabricating the fact he met Putin while filming 60 minutes and got along great only to have him later admit to O’Reilly he made it all up, you might be a Redneck

If you think some of President Trump’s tweets don’t indicate he is mentally deranged, you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with Trump criticizing President Obama for golfing too much and still love President Trump who has golfed much more, you might be a redneck

If you think the President’s White House isn’t in turmoil with record breaking turnover and think change is good while he criticized President Obama for "3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: and said Part of the reason why @ Barack Obama can't manage to pass his agenda," you might be a Redneck

If you were fine with President Trump saying he set records for legislation passed in his first year when he actually had the least amount of legislation passed by any President in the last 70 years in it’s first year, you might be a Redneck

If you still think President Trump is a very stable genius but spells Marine “Corps” Marine “Core”, you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with the Donald  avoiding serving in Vietnam with bone spurs on his feet over 50 years ago (and now suddenly one of the healthiest people his doctor have ever seen for his age) and think we should spend 30 million for a military parade basically honoring our commander in chief, you might be a Redneck

If you went to a Trump rally and answered Trump when he shouted out "who is going to pay for the wall" ,  with an answer ”Mexico”, you might  be a Redneck

If you are fine with the US taxpayer getting stuck with footing the bill for the wall despite the Donald guaranteeing Mexico would pay for it, you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with Fox News host sharply criticizing Obama for agreeing to meet with dictators without preconditions and now like how Fox News hosts now think President Trump may win the Nobel peace prize for agreeing to meet with Kim Jong Un without preconditions and still watch Fox News , you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with Trump fabricating the fact he met Putin while filming 60 minutes and got along great only to have him later admit to O’Reilly he made it all up, you might be a Redneck

If you think some of President Trump’s tweets don’t indicate he is mentally deranged, you might be a Redneck

If you are fine with Trump criticizing President Obama for golfing too much and still love President Trump who has golfed much more, you might be a redneck

If you think the President’s White House isn’t in turmoil with record breaking turnover and think change is good while he criticized President Obama for "3 Chief of Staffs in less than 3 years of being President: and said Part of the reason why @ Barack Obama can't manage to pass his agenda," you might be a Redneck

If you were fine with President Trump saying he set records for legislation passed in his first year when he actually had the least amount of legislation passed by any President in the last 70 years in it’s first year, you might be a Redneck

If you still think President Trump is a very stable genius but spells Marine “Corps” Marine “Core”, you might be a Redneck

If you our fine with the Donald  avoiding serving in Vietnam with bone spurs on his feet over 50 years ago (and now suddenly one of the healthiest people his doctor have ever seen for his age) and think we should spend 30 million for a military parade basically honoring our commander in chief, you might be a Redneck
Maybe we can change “you might be a Redneck” to “you might have economic anxiety”

SCOOP -- HOUSE REPUBLICANS will take up a balanced-budget amendment when they return from recess, several sources tell us. This follows on the heels of their $1.3-trillion budget bill and their massive tax bill. 

From a political standpoint this would be a shrewd move by the GOP - first, they can run on fiscal responsibility, which is tough right now given their massive spending in the face of lower revenues.  But, second, the GOP knows their time to govern is extremely limited - a balanced budget requirement would hamstring the Dems going forward.

SCOOP -- HOUSE REPUBLICANS will take up a balanced-budget amendment when they return from recess, several sources tell us. This follows on the heels of their $1.3-trillion budget bill and their massive tax bill. 

From a political standpoint this would be a shrewd move by the GOP - first, they can run on fiscal responsibility, which is tough right now given their massive spending in the face of lower revenues.  But, second, the GOP knows their time to govern is extremely limited - a balanced budget requirement would hamstring the Dems going forward.
did the idiots not think adding another trillion on the debt was a big deal?  that's on top on $1.5 trillion for the tax giveaway?  they are scrambling for something to run on.

Tax bill 

Trump

budget bill

wall

muslim ban

family values

white nationalism

I remember the days in the FFA where thinking that "Starve the Beast"  (either version) was a real policy goal of the right would result in ridicule.   Then CATO started writing about how the more benign version "if you cut the government"s allowance it will be less extravagant" had proven a failure - changes in spending and taxation seem to be inversely correlated.  Ops!  Now we are seeing daily the "bankrupt the government so it can't fund the programs we cannot eliminate legislatively" version.   Those laughable hyperpartisan liberals and their crazy ideas about conservative policy goals!

Maybe it has been that Stormy weather in DC the last three days...

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

Trump has no public events today. This is his third day in a row without any public events.

Maybe it has been that Stormy weather in DC the last three days...

Kyle Griffin‏ @kylegriffin1 2h2 hours ago

Trump has no public events today. This is his third day in a row without any public events.
that would get in the way of his television time.

Can you help me connect the dots between your 2017 taxes and Trump?  TIA.
Not to speak for Herb, and he made the specific distinction, but lots of people out there do not follow politics as closely as we do here at FBGs. For lots of Americans, bigger tax refund simply equals "Trump good."

This thought process's first cousin is FavreCo and his like braying "all I know is that my retirement accounts are doing better than ever!"

Can you help me connect the dots between your 2017 taxes and Trump?  TIA.
Not to speak for Herb, and he made the specific distinction, but lots of people out there do not follow politics as closely as we do here at FBGs. For lots of Americans, bigger tax refund simply equals "Trump good."

This thought process's first cousin is FavreCo and his like braying "all I know is that my retirement accounts are doing better than ever!"
oh  :mellow:  

They've already announced that they're going to try to tie this to making individual tax cuts permanent, force the democrats to vote against it, and then run on "the democrats hate you and want to tax you"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread