What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (11 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://news.gallup.com/poll/236420/record-low-extremely-proud-americans.aspx

”WASHINGTON, D.C. -- This Fourth of July marks a low point in U.S. patriotism. For the first time in Gallup's 18-year history asking U.S. adults how proud they are to be Americans, fewer than a majority say they are "extremely proud." Currently, 47% describe themselves this way, down from 51% in 2017 and well below the peak of 70% in 2003.”

I blame the NFL 

”WASHINGTON, D.C. -- This Fourth of July marks a low point in U.S. patriotism. For the first time in Gallup's 18-year history asking U.S. adults how proud they are to be Americans, fewer than a majority say they are "extremely proud." Currently, 47% describe themselves this way, down from 51% in 2017 and well below the peak of 70% in 2003.”

I blame the NFL 
Very easy to believe. I am no longer proud to be an American. I'm embarrassed. Only thing I'm proud of is that I've never fallen for Trump's lies, his divisiveness, his racism, and his hatred. But I am definitely embarrassed at how the rest of the world looks at us now.. I only pray that they understand that only about 40% of our country likes this idiot in charge, and that he in no way represents the majority of us.

JuniorNB said:
Very easy to believe. I am no longer proud to be an American. I'm embarrassed. Only thing I'm proud of is that I've never fallen for Trump's lies, his divisiveness, his racism, and his hatred. But I am definitely embarrassed at how the rest of the world looks at us now.. I only pray that they understand that only about 40% of our country likes this idiot in charge, and that he in no way represents the majority of us.
We know.  

But we are worried the 60% of you that get this guy is a danger to the rest of the world can’t get your #### together to do anything about it.  

November will be the true test.  

drummer said:

I blame the NFL 
Just wait, there will be a Trump Tweet about Kaepernick or the players kneeling.

drummer said:

I blame the NFL 
Sorry, folks. 4th of July is cancelled. The gay frog out front should have told you.

squistion said:
Poor baby...

John Harwood‏ @JohnJHarwood 58m58 minutes ago

Trump defender Alan Dershowitz complains he's been victimized by social profiling:

"I have experienced this firsthand on Martha’s Vineyard. Old friends are shunning me and trying to ban me from their social life."
"Liberal Elite Snowflakes shunning man who tells it like it is"

/Goppers

Someone in Matt Gaetz’s district has to explain how the hell his drunk Jonah Ryan ### got into Congress. 

I figure his daddy helped there

squistion said:
Poor baby...

Trump defender Alan Dershowitz complains he's been victimized by social profiling:

"I have experienced this firsthand on Martha’s Vineyard. Old friends are shunning me and trying to ban me from their social life."
Hang in there, Alan. I heard that Joseph Goebbels had the same problem, but eventually he got a whole new set of friends. 

squistion said:
Poor baby...

“I just don’t understand why defending a racist and probable traitor to our country means they won’t invite me over for brunch anymore.”

Hang in there, Alan. I heard that Joseph Goebbels had the same problem, but eventually he got a whole new set of friends. 
One of the few things I'm proud of these days in this country is that people are still being shunned for being racist. God help us when it's accepted

squistion said:
Poor baby...

"What, I can't ruin the country and then go to nice parties on Martha's Vineyard?"

Ted Lieu‏ @tedlieu 10h10 hours ago

Dear Alan Dershowitz:

You seem bothered your friends in Martha's Vineyard no longer invite you to nice dinners.

I note the @POTUS you defend has ripped away babies & kids from parents. Over 2,000 kids have not been reunited & some may never be.

Have a nice July 4th @AlanDersh.

Ted Lieu‏ @tedlieu 10h10 hours ago

Dear Alan Dershowitz:

You seem bothered your friends in Martha's Vineyard no longer invite you to nice dinners.

I note the @POTUS you defend has ripped away babies & kids from parents. Over 2,000 kids have not been reunited & some may never be.

Have a nice July 4th @AlanDersh.
Lieu is a rock star. 

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago

Wow! The NSA has deleted 685 million phone calls and text messages. Privacy violations? They blame technical irregularities. Such a disgrace. The Witch Hunt continues!

Nothing to see here. Just the ramblings of a guy who is completely innocent.

Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 22m22 minutes ago

Now that Harley-Davidson is moving part of its operation out of the U.S., my Administration is working with other Motor Cycle companies who want to move into the U.S. Harley customers are not happy with their move - sales are down 7% in 2017. The U.S. is where the Action is!

I really can't wait until we have a President who writes better than a 3rd grader again.

Now that Harley-Davidson is moving part of its operation out of the U.S., my Administration is working with other Motor Cycle companies who want to move into the U.S. Harley customers are not happy with their move - sales are down 7% in 2017. The U.S. is where the Action is!

I really can't wait until we have a President who writes better than a 3rd grader again.
This tweet is amazing. There are so many things to diagnose.

Christopher Ingraham‏Verified account @_cingraham

FollowFollow @_cingraham

More

Christopher Ingraham Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Harley customers' anger is so intense it has warped the fabric of space time, causing sales to fall a year before the announcement was made.

Christopher Ingraham added,
???. My God, Trump continues to outdo himself daily. He's actually getting dumber. 

Christopher Ingraham‏Verified account @_cingraham

FollowFollow @_cingraham

More

Christopher Ingraham Retweeted Donald J. Trump

Harley customers' anger is so intense it has warped the fabric of space time, causing sales to fall a year before the announcement was made.

Christopher Ingraham added,
Someday basic facts will again become a priority.

Someday. 

It's like a wacky 60's Beach Party movie is going to break out on the WH front lawn

We know.  

But we are worried the 60% of you that get this guy is a danger to the rest of the world can’t get your #### together to do anything about it.  

November will be the true test.  
I've been saying it anecdotally for awhile - most of my clients live outside the US, and it's amazing how their opinions of America have changed over the past two years.  It went from being mildly amused, to incredulous, to absolute pity.  People apologize to me because I (choose to) live here.

I've been saying it anecdotally for awhile - most of my clients live outside the US, and it's amazing how their opinions of America have changed over the past two years.  It went from being mildly amused, to incredulous, to absolute pity.  People apologize to me because I (choose to) live here.
Based on this poll, people in the country aren't feelin all that chipper about things either:

https://www.nbcnews.com/card/poll-record-low-47-percent-u-s-say-they-re-n888376

Because F you Obama

Washington Post‏Verified account @washingtonpost 55s56 seconds ago

The Trump administration is moving to rescind Obama-era guidance on the use of race in college admission decisions, official says

Last edited by a moderator:
No white supremacy to see here....please move along.

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2018/07/trump-judicial-pick-who-blogged-favorably-about-the-kkk-had-to-withdraw-now-hes-at-the-justice-department/

Trump nominated this guy to a federal judgeship. It came out that he’d blogged favorably about the KKK. He had to withdraw. So he went back to working at the Justice Department, where he was—wait for it—in charge of vetting judicial nominees.
Just no way to see a racist putting other racists in the administration.

We all got blindsided here.

Donald Trump likes this tweet.

Michael Carpenter‏Verified account @mikercarpenter

FollowFollow @mikercarpenter

More

Michael Carpenter Retweeted Newstracker.ru

Russian authorities didn't like the fact that a local paper was writing about the government's plans to raise the pension age. So they simply confiscated the entire print run. This is how dictatorships work.
Yep. Dictators want to be able to determine what the public gets to know. 

49% of the country now believes that Trump is racist, while 47% of the country is apparently also racist.

https://poll.qu.edu/national/release-detail?ReleaseID=2554

American voters disapprove 58 - 39 percent of the way President Donald Trump is handling immigration. 

President Trump is racist, 49 percent of voters say, while 47 percent say he is not racist. But 50 percent of voters say the main motive for Trump's immigration policies is "a sincere interest in controlling our borders," while 44 percent say the main motive is "racist beliefs." 

Democrats in Congress are more interested in "exploiting the nation's immigration issue for political gain," 60 percent of voters say, while 34 percent say they are more interested in "resolving the nation's immigration issue." 

"The words are G-rated, but a punch to the gut of President Donald Trump's immigration policy," said Tim Malloy, assistant director of the Quinnipiac University Poll. 

"When it comes to the separation of immigrant kids from their parents, American voters are clearly appalled." 

Separating children from their parents was a violation of human rights, American voters say 60 - 36 percent. The Trump Administration has a responsibility to unite these children with their parents, voters say 83 - 12 percent. Undocumented immigrants are not more likely than American citizens to commit crimes, American voters say 69 - 25 percent. 

President Trump's Approval, Character Traits 

American voters disapprove 55 - 40 percent of the job President Trump is doing, compared to a 52 - 43 percent disapproval rating in a June 20 Quinnipiac University National Poll and reversing a trend which showed Trump's net approval inching up. 

The president gets negative grades on most character traits:

58 - 38 percent say he is not honest;

55 - 43 percent say he does not have good leadership skills;

55 - 43 percent say he does not care about average Americans;

62 - 34 percent say he is not level-headed;

63 - 32 percent say he is a strong person;

57 - 39 say he is intelligent;

60 - 37 percent say he does not share their values;

62 - 36 percent say he does not provide the U.S. with moral leadership.
Check how Democrats are blowing it, though:

Democrats in Congress are more interested in "exploiting the nation's immigration issue for political gain," 60 percent of voters say, while 34 percent say they are more interested in "resolving the nation's immigration issue." 
Even with this amount of outrage, just as many people think that Democrats are just grandstanding.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

7/3/18, 5:19 PM

After having written many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, it should be noted that the Fake News constantly likes to pour over my tweets looking for a mistake. I capitalize certain words only for emphasis, not b/c they should be capitalized!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

After having written many best selling books, and somewhat priding myself on my ability to write, it should be noted that the Fake News constantly likes to pour over my tweets looking for a mistake. I capitalize certain words only for emphasis, not b/c they should be capitalized!

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

·

Five minutes earlier

7/3/18, 5:16 PM

The Washington Post is constantly quoting “anonymous sources” that do not exist. Rarely do they use the name of anyone because there is no one to give them the kind of negative quote that they are looking for. They are a discgrace to journalism but then again, so are many others!

7/3/18, 5:19 PM

I'm not dumb,  I just play dumb in real life.

Five minutes earlier

7/3/18, 5:16 PM

The Washington Post is constantly quoting “anonymous sources” that do not exist. Rarely do they use the name of anyone because there is no one to give them the kind of negative quote that they are looking for. They are a discgrace to journalism but then again, so are many others!
He knows better than this but he also knows that a lot of people who voted for him don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread