What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (18 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day 1-Press conference making sure that you all know that the small inauguration photos were a result of the media
"framing" in order to make the crowd look small. In fact, this was the largest inauguration turnout ever. No questions,
just believe me. Thanks. We move on.  :wall:

Day 2-KAC goes on Meet the Press and refuses to answer Chuck Todd's question about why the lies in the press
conference, explaining them away as simply "alternate facts" and threatens that they may have to re-evaluate their
relationship with Todd/NBC.

Day 3-Spicer has temper tantrum and begs press only to report positive things about Trump administration.

Day 3 UPDATE!!! -Trump lets us all know that he only lost the popular election because 3-5 million people illegally voted for Hillary! He's winning BIGLY!

Day 4-Trump orders scientists at the EPA and Dept. of Ag to no longer communicate with the public. Mum's the word!
time for an update

Maybe the search feature is broken but I can't seem to find the threads about Obama putting kids in cages, deporting millions of illegals, or the Clintons and Schumer calling for border security and giving Trump's exact same immigration speech.

I am sure those threads are around here somewhere, I'll keep looking.
I looked really hard but all I found was this:

How long does it take for these people to realize that this indictment is the end of the Mueller investigation and that this thread is nothing more than 1500 pages of tinfoil hat wearers bouncing CNN fed propaganda off each other.
:lol:

time for an update
What do you want to know? Trump has had numerous people associated with his campaign indicted, he just put a judge on the Supreme Court that doesn't believe that
sitting presidents can be indicted, and his administration is corrupt, surprising absolutely nobody with a brain. Am I missing something?

I’d focus on “we’re pulling out of a nuclear treaty” but I’m still so focused on “Haley resigned from the UN the day after Khashoggi went missing, allegedly before we knew anything.”

Crazy. Authoritarian who subverts the will of his people. “Strong” 

Dude is bought and paid for.
Internationally Trump praises murderers like Putin, Kim, Duterte, Erdogan and MBS, while criticizing the leaders of western democracies.   Domestically he praises and supports nationalists, white supremacists, child molesters and racist felons, like Steve King, Roy Moore, Corey Stewart and Joe Arpaio.    It's truly amazing that his supporters and the GOP continue to turn a blind eye.   

Internationally Trump praises murderers like Putin, Kim, Duterte, Erdogan and MBS, while criticizing the leaders of western democracies.   Domestically he praises and supports nationalists, white supremacists, child molesters and racist felons, like Steve King, Roy Moore, Corey Stewart and Joe Arpaio.    It's truly amazing that his supporters and the GOP continue to turn a blind eye.   
It's easy to say that Trump praises dictators because he wants to be one. But I think there is another, deeper reason: he praises dictators because he fears them. He's like the kid who got bullied so much in school that he decided that the only way to avoid getting beat up is to be the sycophant sidekick who is constantly complimenting the bully.

Trump’s approval rating now at 47%, highest since he was first elected: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412445-trumps-approval-rating-jumps-higher-than-obamas-ahead-of-midterms%3famp

It stuns me to believe that 47% of Americans...anyhow, it is what it is. Here we are. 
He’ll win again if he’s lucky enough to ride the strong economy he inherited. If Dems take the House, they can slow down the mad dumbness he brings to the table, but the country will still be stuck with the most incompetent, embarrassing executive until 2024 unless something awful happens. 

I honestly cannot get my head around this.
It seems like for the last year, and especially since the Kavanaugh fight, Republicans in general have firmed up their support. I still think that many of them don’t exactly love Trump, but more and more they see him as their guy and any attack on him as an attack on them. That’s my impression anyhow. 

Jackstraw said:

I don't this has anything to do with Trump being "bought and paid for."  Trump is an authoritarian.  He'd support people like the Saudis for free.

• Smile
Reactions: Zow
He's at ~40-42%, (-10% net).  Same as he has been almost all year.
:goodposting: It's higher than usual this week at 538 (42.7%)Sometimes I feel like a broken record. 

- Always look at polling averages

- A lot of Americans don't care about or even know about the horrible things Trump is doing to undermine long-term American interests and values every day. They just know that the economy is in good shape and their kids aren't being sent to die in some pointless new overseas boondoggle.

Another thing I'll add that's true about this particular time frame- if you're a lifelong Republican, these days Trump isn't just the president, he's also the head pep rally leader and fundraiser for candidates you genuinely like and want to see elected.  That alone could account for a bump of a couple of points in his approval rating.

Man Morning Joe was acting this morning like the House is all but lost.  It's pretty obvious they're deliberately playing up the "all is lost angle" to make sure people don't get complacent like in 2016.  Two things are different this year methinks, first a significant portion of non-conservative America loathed Hillary.  Two, Trump has shown to be the unmitigated embarrassment and disaster we all thought he'd be.  Dems won't take the Senate but will take the House I predict.  Now we just need to find a candidate to annihilate Trump in 2020.

Man Morning Joe was acting this morning like the House is all but lost.  It's pretty obvious they're deliberately playing up the "all is lost angle" to make sure people don't get complacent like in 2016.  Two things are different this year methinks, first a significant portion of non-conservative America loathed Hillary.  Two, Trump has shown to be the unmitigated embarrassment and disaster we all thought he'd be.  Dems won't take the Senate but will take the House I predict.  Now we just need to find a candidate to annihilate Trump in 2020.
kind of interesting considering the 538 forecast is as high as its been in a while.  if they're really doing it for the reason you stated and not because they have actual data, that's incredibly irresponsible for a "news" outlet.

Jackstraw said:

I don't this has anything to do with Trump being "bought and paid for."  Trump is an authoritarian.  He'd support people like the Saudis for free.
I don't agree he would do it if he didn't have significant financial interest in it. Though I don't think he is getting money wired to his account.

timschochet said:
Trump’s approval rating now at 47%, highest since he was first elected: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/campaign/412445-trumps-approval-rating-jumps-higher-than-obamas-ahead-of-midterms%3famp

It stuns me to believe that 47% of Americans...anyhow, it is what it is. Here we are. 
His approval rating in this morning's Gallup poll is 44%, same as it was last week. In the Rasmussen poll, his approval index has been at -9 for the last 4 polls after briefly reaching 0 two weeks ago (for the first time since March 2017). 

The president clarified on Monday that the proposed tax cuts would be unveiled before the election but would have to go through Congress afterward.

"We won't have time to do the vote" before the election, Trump told reporters. "We'll do the vote after the election."

*yahoo report

How anyone doesn’t see this pure gamesmanship is mind blowing.  Such a ####### con man, unbelievable.  

in case you missed it.  I'm sure he'll deny saying this later.
I wonder what the paththology is with Trump’s lies and the constant use of two weeks as a timetable.  What Trumatic early life event revolved around a 2 week timespan?  I realize here in this lie the two weeks is convenient due to the voting aspect but it’s not purely a coincidence as it’s a very common timetable he gives. 

The president clarified on Monday that the proposed tax cuts would be unveiled before the election but would have to go through Congress afterward.

"We won't have time to do the vote" before the election, Trump told reporters. "We'll do the vote after the election."

*yahoo report

How anyone doesn’t see this pure gamesmanship is mind blowing.  Such a ####### con man, unbelievable.  
Democrats need to come back and say that since Trump is agreeing to 10% even before he knows how Congress will be seated.....if the Democrats win, they'll work with Trump to the give the MC 20%.

I wonder what the paththology is with Trump’s lies and the constant use of two weeks as a timetable.  What Trumatic early life event revolved around a 2 week timespan?  I realize here in this lie the two weeks is convenient due to the voting aspect but it’s not purely a coincidence as it’s a very common timetable he gives. 
I think that he's figured it out that 2 weeks is long enough that most people will forget the details of the statement so that it gives a big emotional boost but he doesn't actually have to do anything.

The news cycle is fast enough and there's always another crisis or ridiculous statement to criticize between now and then. 

This one is timed for the elections.   Regardless of the outcome, he'll say that he wanted tax cuts for the middle class but the democrats blocked them.

This one is timed for the elections.   Regardless of the outcome, he'll say that he wanted tax cuts for the middle class but the democrats blocked them.
Yeah, first time dems seem to have done something right to establish that the tax cut didn't help anybody but the 1%ers.

*yahoo report

Isn’t this how all his ‘big ideas’ are generated?

100%.  It’s a straight up con job with and easy out, of this there’s no question.   But the 2 weeks thing is still interesting and I wonder why.  

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread