What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (14 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm. Looks like there's no minimum donation required to get one of those sweet free shirts.

I just donated $0.01 and requested a shirt with "LIAR" on the back. I look forward to wearing this shirt at the next rally.
:lmao: "ADULTERER". would believe good too.

Who am I kidding, there's about 50 funny things that are true to put on there. 

Huh.

Not found, error 404

The page you are looking for no longer exists. Perhaps you can return back to the homepage and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it by using the search form below.
:lmao: Republicans that hitch their wagon to Trump remind me of the racist that looks all over before dropping an N bomb because they are most certainly racist but they aren't so sure they want anyone to know and certainly realize it's wrong to be that way.

Huh.

Not found, error 404

The page you are looking for no longer exists. Perhaps you can return back to the homepage and see if you can find what you are looking for. Or, you can try finding it by using the search form below.
🤣 I can't remember if I posted it here but when I was at the AZ Dem reorganization (when state parties elect officials,  etc.) the crowd erupted when we learned the AZ GOP elected Kelli Ward as chair. This is why. 

Kyle Griffin‏Verified account @kylegriffin1 28m28 minutes ago

Reminder: Today is the revised deadline that House Ways and Means Chairman Richard Neal set for the IRS to provide six years of Trump's tax returns to the Committee.

:popcorn:

:lmao:    :lmao:   :lmao:

Listening to Mike Lee on CBS This Morning. Amazing. The Mueller report is “unflattering”. But the process worked as designed, Trump was surrounded by good people who pushed back against his “bad ideas”. All presidents have “bad ideas” and are talked out of them by their advisors. All presidents engage in bad behavior. Just remember the “tea party” where we rebelled against the very same system that existed pre-Trump. (This last statement was in support of Trump’s policies reducing the size of government).

He quotes a Rasmussen poll showing minimal changes in Trump’s approval rating post Mueller report. When the host pushed back by referencing a Politico poll showing a significant drop in approval following the report, Lee mumbles something like (paraphrasing) “Well, yeah, short term, that’s to be expected. The American people don’t really care”.

Minimizing and excuses.

The politico poll shows a huge drop. It also shows that most Americans don’t want impeachment. 

The message is: most Americans know what they have in Trump and they don’t like it. Give them the opportunity to vote him out. 

The politico poll shows a huge drop. It also shows that most Americans don’t want impeachment. 

The message is: most Americans know what they have in Trump and they don’t like it. Give them the opportunity to vote him out. 
Reuters/Ipsos poll yday (the first with only polling after report was published) showed a drop from 40 to 37% approval. It also shwed virtual dead heat between for and against impeachment (40 resp 42%). 42% is not a majority (nor is 40)

Reuters/Ipsos poll yday (the first with only polling after report was published) showed a drop from 40 to 37% approval. It also shwed virtual dead heat between for and against impeachment (40 resp 42%). 42% is not a majority (nor is 40)
MSNBC says 34% for impeachment. 

But that number could go up after hearings. 

Listening to Mike Lee on CBS This Morning. Amazing. The Mueller report is “unflattering”. But the process worked as designed, Trump was surrounded by good people who pushed back against his “bad ideas”. All presidents have “bad ideas” and are talked out of them by their advisors. All presidents engage in bad behavior. Just remember the “tea party” where we rebelled against the very same system that existed pre-Trump. (This last statement was in support of Trump’s policies reducing the size of government).

He quotes a Rasmussen poll showing minimal changes in Trump’s approval rating post Mueller report. When the host pushed back by referencing a Politico poll showing a significant drop in approval following the report, Lee mumbles something like (paraphrasing) “Well, yeah, short term, that’s to be expected. The American people don’t really care”.

Minimizing and excuses.
Well the bolded seems pretty odd...first the tea party rebelling against what?  And Trump has reduced the size of government?

Well the bolded seems pretty odd...first the tea party rebelling against what?  And Trump has reduced the size of government?
Big government, government intrusion,  :shrug: . I guess the “reducing the size of government” means not staffing, defunding? Effectively hamstringing? Dunno. 

Big government, government intrusion,  :shrug: . I guess the “reducing the size of government” means not staffing, defunding? Effectively hamstringing? Dunno. 
Yeah...not sure how anyone can try to honestly claim he reduced the size of government given the deficit.

Exactly. A vote to impeach, simply to be laughed at by the senate, would just be something Trump and his base can claim as a victory. Mueller could have discovered dismembered bodies in Trump's freezer and the Republican senate isn't going to vote for removal from office.  In four years of virtually zero victories, why hand him one? We have this cool thing called an election. "Impeach" him there.

Exactly. A vote to impeach, simply to be laughed at by the senate, would just be something Trump and his base can claim as a victory. Mueller could have discovered dismembered bodies in Trump's freezer and the Republican senate isn't going to vote for removal from office.  In four years of virtually zero victories, why hand him one? We have this cool thing called an election. "Impeach" him there.
Careful. @Ditkaless Wonders Is going to start comparing  you to Pilate and Neville Chamberlain. 

Yeah. we should definitely allow the President to break the law as much as he wants as long as his party holds the Senate.

Sounds like a good precedent to set.

Donald J. Trump

@realDonaldTrump

The Radical Left Democrats, together with their leaders in the Fake News Media, have gone totally insane! I guess that means that the Republican agenda is working. Stay tuned for more!
Sure I could put that in the tweets thread...this one is funny though...in the middle of a 12 tweet barage this morning...he claims that the Republican agenda must be working because the left has gone insane.  :lmao:

Careful. @Ditkaless Wonders Is going to start comparing  you to Pilate and Neville Chamberlain. 
He can compare me to anyone he wants. Getting him out of office in 2020 should be everyone's goal. Not some lame going-through-the-motions dog and pony impeachment that has zero percent chance of accomplishing his removal. Bill Clinton got a huge popularity bump after his failed impeachment hearings and left office with a 60% approval. Trump is at 37%. No need to help him.

Yeah. we should definitely allow the President to break the law as much as he wants as long as his party holds the Senate.

And how does impeaching him punish him for breaking the law? When there is exactly a zero point zero chance of him being removed from office?

Tim, I think you've always taken the investigation from the POV of it as a political matter, which is that the point is to drag down Trump and push him from office. It just so happens that is the Trumpite view as well. - If you take that approach then IMO it creates its own end result, such things are never justified. But if you act from principle then you do what is necessary and appropriate under the constitution. 

I'll give you the flipside - say the poll said that 60% favored beginning impeachment. I personally would not consider that sufficient grounds for starting impeachment. People might be banging drums outside Congress demanding it and it still would not be sufficient. What matters is Congress defending its constitutional prerogatives and ensuring that the presidency is kept within the bounds that the founders intended.

And strictly politically speaking, 34/48 isn't that strong. Here are the crosstabs to that poll.

- Among liberals it is 60% in favor. With mods it's 37/44/19. It's conservatives at 10/80/10 who are dragging that number down.

- Among those who approve of Trump's job performance the number is 3% yes (!), 88% no, 8% unsure.

- Among those who disapprove of Trump the number is 57/23/20.

I think Congress is there to do its job and follow their oaths, not cater to that 3%.

Last edited by a moderator:

And how does impeaching him punish him for breaking the law? When there is exactly a zero point zero chance of him being removed from office?
I think this is a good discussion to take. 

Clinton was seemingly not hurt by his impeachment coming in his second term (and was not removed by the democrat controlled senate). He did spend a lot of energy and time on it though and IIRC didn't accomplish much even after. Gore didn't seem to benefit, though

The sample size is too small to determine if Clinton's ordeal has made "lying under oath about BJs in the Oval Office" less likely to occur.

Is Trump's situation really the same? He's in his first term, so re-election is going to be on the menu. His impeachment would seem to be for a weightier matter than extra marital sex acts (that potentially are/were considered legal vis a vis consenting adults etc). OTOH Bill Clinton's character has since taken a bit of a hit with the change in attitude if not legal precedent on his behaviour - this may be a tangent. Would the damage done to Trump during/resulting from the hearings in Congress be mitigated by the "vindication" of not being removed by a pliant Senate? Would four more years of Trump (if that was the result) be worth it to potentially prevent future Presidents with both House and Senate on opposition hands from obstructing justice?

Tim, I think you've always taken the investigation from the POV of it as a political matter
While this is the truth, it’s not the whole truth. I don’t come to this POV in a vacuum. 

There are 3 modern scandals before this one  which people at the time believed rose to the level of impeachment: Watergate, Iran-Contra, and Lewinskygate. In each of those the President’s political party was generally opposed but at least some were open to the idea of following the investigation wherever it went. Not in this case. From the beginning, Republicans in Congress have expressed their utter contempt and total opposition to any investigation. They have actively aided Trump in his obstruction. They have made it impossible for the congress to fulfill its constitutional duties. 

In other words, it is Republicans who have turned this into a wholly political matter. I simply accept things as they are. 

Every Democrat who comes out against impeachment is handing Trump (and senate Republicans) a gratuitous victory.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread