What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (15 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do the right thing Nancy, not the political thing - that would bring more people to "your side" than it will add additional voters to Trump's.

Do the right thing Nancy, not the political thing - that would bring more people to "your side" than it will add additional voters to Trump's.
:no:

Pelosi has the right approach here, that is the right thing under the circumstances.

The Senate as it currently stands will never vote to impeach Trump, and if the House moved to impeach that would the entire focus of the 2020 election, not the issues, not Trump's policies - nothing else would be discussed on a daily basis, which is exactly what Trump wants.

:no:

Pelosi has the right approach here, that is the right thing under the circumstances.

The Senate as it currently stands will never vote to impeach Trump, and if the House moved to impeach that would the entire focus of the 2020 election, not the issues, not Trump's policies - nothing else would be discussed on a daily basis, which is exactly what Trump wants.
country over politics

country over politics
Which is what she is doing. If Trump were to be reelected as a result of an impeachment distraction, then it would be ultimately would be politics over country as another 4 years of Trump would not be in the best interests of this country, which Pelosi well knows.

zoonation said:
Do you think Trump will appoint a secretary of defense before the election?  Bananas how that isn’t even really news.  

I think its pretty clear that Trump likes to have "Acting" Secretaries. And thus avoid Senate confirmation. And, of course, the GOP is totally fine with this. They have completely abdicated their oversight to Trump. So stupid and so shortsighted. 

Which is what she is doing. If Trump were to be reelected as a result of an impeachment distraction, then it would be ultimately would be politics over country as another 4 years of Trump would not be in the best interests of this country, which Pelosi well knows.
incorrect.  same bogus rationalization the GOP uses to deny Merrick Garland a hearing.  it was bunk then and its bunk now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m with squistion on this one..for now. I do see the other side. 

Here’s the thing. Let’s get Mueller on TV and see what happens. Then let’s revisit this. 

I’m with squistion on this one..for now. I do see the other side. 

Here’s the thing. Let’s get Mueller on TV and see what happens. Then let’s revisit this. 
I'm not sure if it would be appropriate for Mueller's testimony to influence the fate of impeachment decisions. Mueller wants the document to stand on its own. It's not up to Mueller to interpret what his report means -- that's Congress' job.

Now, Mueller may testify about shady maneuvers by Barr or Sessions, but that's a separate issue and shouldn't affect the decision on whether to impeach Trump.

If I were smart enough on the macro subject, I’d start a thread of its own, but this one seems to be a decent catch all:

What’s up with the stock market today?  Just a natural, albeit sizable, correction or is there some story out there causing reactions?

If I were smart enough on the macro subject, I’d start a thread of its own, but this one seems to be a decent catch all:

What’s up with the stock market today?  Just a natural, albeit sizable, correction or is there some story out there causing reactions?
It's in the Trade War thread....he's screwing around talking smack about China again.  Tariffs are supposed to be imposed on more goods by week's end.

It's in the Trade War thread....he's screwing around talking smack about China again.  Tariffs are supposed to be imposed on more goods by week's end.
Not just "goods" but basically everything that comes out of China.

Trump’s tariffs would hit household staples in almost every aisle of the local Walmart. Think leather goods and handbags, soaps and shampoos, and plates and cups

So I guess this goes here. 

Recording (via Tom Arnold again) of Cohen talking about some of the stuff he did for Falwell. 

Months before evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr.’s game-changing presidential endorsement of Donald Trump in 2016, Falwell asked Trump fixer Michael Cohen for a personal favor, Cohen said in a recorded conversation reviewed by Reuters.

Falwell, president of Liberty University, one of the world’s largest Christian universities, said someone had come into possession of what Cohen described as racy “personal” photographs — the sort that would typically be kept “between husband and wife,” Cohen said in the taped conversation.

Why wouldn’t it be?  It is factual.   What would you call Trump Univeristy?

i didn’t coin that nickname.  He’s had it for years.  
It’s all about being excellent. But it’s very apparent the double standard here is ridiculous.
Actually, the slogan is "Be excellent to each other."

P and S the very next sentence is "And please don't whine."

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/05/07/us/politics/donald-trump-taxes.html

New tax details from the NYT appear to confirm what many people suspected during the election—Trump’s supposed qualifications as a businessman are all a lie.
What is funny is that focus groups of Trump voters in 2016 thought that the fact he was a hugely successful businessman would make him a successful president - but it was all a fraud, nothing but bluster and lies on his part as he was a huge loser in business.

I think it really just shows how easy it is to con a certain percentage of the population.  
What's completely insane is that not only did so many people buy in before the election, but that virtually everything he's done since winning makes it more and more painfully obvious, and people still don't see it. Not only have I completely lost faith in our government but also in 40% of the population. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread