What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Trump Years- Every day something more shocking than the last! (8 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CPAC has cut the pedobear.
Are we going to hear outcries of silencing free speech?
Breitbart hasn't run a story on the cancellation yet, so no, until they do. Then it'll be something like

"Dangit, they need to dig in against these progressives who want to change what makes America great. They can't turn their backs on MILO. They need to stand up when they're up against the wall.

"You can't jam change down the American people's throat."
-- Dennis Hastert

I did dislike Hillary more.  But find Trump more dangerous with his foreign policy.  Neither one merited my vote.  I am all for legitimate criticism.  Like his pick of Flynn was horrible.  My comment was geared more towards you and your Sargent Schultz defense of Hillary. 
I said numerous times that Hillary was a flawed candidate and I disagreed with her on several positions, but you always ignored that (like Max) and said that I thought Hillary was perfect and could do no wrong. Not true.

I was wondering how the White House staff was going to circumvent record-keeping requirements. Now I know.

Eric Garland Verified account ‏@ericgarland

- Trump White House avoiding Presidential Records Act by using "secure" texting app on *personal* phones that aren't really secure

Nailed it
Dude you can't even defend your positions on Trump. Twice is the last few days you posted links that had nothing to do with what was being discussed or like the Sununu quote about New Hampshire elections, contradicted what you were trying to say. And not even mentioning all the times during the election you would run away or have a hissy fit if someone called out your outrageous and incorrect facts that you couldn't support.

It matters because all we heard about Obama was about the time spent playing golf.  Trump now has spent more time in a month than Obama did in a year, yet those of your ilk are cool with that. Yeah and his travel ban had to be scraped, his NSA choice had to resign, his staff contacted Russian agents during the campaign and the wall appears to be prohibitively expense, yeah that is winning alright. :lol:
No...it doesn't matter.  Just like it didn't matter when they were bringing it up with Obama.  So many things matter and you guys are talking about golf.  Personally, I'd rather have him out golfing than trying to govern.  We've seen how the latter has been going. :lol:  

Last edited by a moderator:
Yet it remains to be seen whether McMaster’s imminent arrival at the White House will settle an ongoing struggle for the future course of national security and foreign policy. At least one other candidate for the job, McMaster’s ally David Petraeus, dropped out of the running after insisting on the independence to select his own staff.
McMaster is expected to select his own NSC staffers. But one of McMaster’s friends, Petraeus’ former executive officer Pete Mansoor, said that as a serving military officer, McMaster was not in a position to attach many preconditions to his service.

“I don’t know if there were any conditions attached or not, but someone serving in uniform obviously has less leverage over a president than a retiree who can say no and get on with his life,” said Mansoor, a retired army colonel who teaches military history at the Ohio State University.

Mansoor also warned that McMaster would face numerous institutional challenges upon his arrival at the White House.

“He will do a fantastic job as national security adviser given the constraints under which he’ll have to operate. There’s obviously an alternative center of foreign-policy and national security decision-making in the White House in the form of Steve Bannon’s Strategic Initiatives Group,” Mansoor said, referring to a new and parallel White House power center that NSC officials are eyeing warily.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/feb/20/trump-appoints-hr-mcmaster-national-security-adviser

I mean I get Trump saw Fox Hannity and then just clumped Swedes in with Germany in terms of 'what happened last night'.... fine let's give the man his usual verbal diarrhea out but let's not try to defend what he said as having some real relevance based on something he didn't actually say.

I said numerous times that Hillary was a flawed candidate and I disagreed with her on several positions, but you always ignored that (like Max) and said that I thought Hillary was perfect and could do no wrong. Not true.
You stated hundreds of times there was nothing to her scandals.  This isn't about some strawman comment about her being perfect.  It is about your endless defense and denying there was any evidence of her wrong doing. 

Dude you can't even defend your positions on Trump. Twice is the last few days you posted links that had nothing to do with what was being discussed or like the Sununu quote about New Hampshire elections, contradicted what you were trying to say. And not even mentioning all the times during the election you would run away or have a hissy fit if someone called out your outrageous and incorrect facts that you couldn't support.
This is outrageous. Outrageous Schultzy, outrageous.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/20/europe/trump-state-visit-uk-parliament-debate/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

US President Donald Trump was accused of behaving "like a petulant child," during a debate in the British parliament about the controversial decision to invite him on a state visit to the UK so early in his term. The comment arose as members of Parliament were discussing a petition calling for the trip to be downgraded because of Trump's "well-documented misogyny and vulgarity."

Opening the largely symbolic debate in Westminster Hall, Labour MP Paul Flynn said: "We all in this room hold in great respect the US presidency, their constitution, their history," and that there was "no question of any disrespect towards that country."

But Flynn -- who described Trump's intellectual capacity as "protozoan" -- argued that to grant the honor of a state visit to a president who had acted "like a petulant child" would send the message that Britain approved of his behavior and comments.

Labour MP David Lammy said it was to be expected that the US President would be invited to the UK, but that offering Trump a full state visit after only seven days in power was not acceptable.

He said that for the country to make such an invitation was to "abandon all its principles," and suggested that the move came because the government was desperate to make trade deals.

"We didn't do this for Kennedy, we didn't do this for Truman, we didn't do this for Reagan, but for this man ... we say, 'Please come and we will lay on everything, because we are so desperate for your company,'" he said. "I think this country is greater than that."

Trump just needs another 300 rounds of golf to pass his predecessor 
Obama played 300 rounds in 8 years?  That's just over once every 10 days.  Trump on track to smash that mark. 

Edit*  Never mind, I see that his has already been pointed out.  I'll take your likes with my solid point and insight however. 

The first casualties of Trump's trade wars are Texas cattle ranchers

Sinking the Trans-Pacific Partnership may have been popular with Trump's supporters, but it was not popular with cattle ranchers. They have been building herds for years and anticipated shipping beef products -- some of which are not exactly popular among American consumers -- to Japan as tariffs fell from 38.5 percent to just over 9 percent. Now that opportunity is gone. Instead, other cattle-producing nations like Australia will try to seize the Japanese market on a bilateral basis.

Last week, Texas ranchers shipped 1,430 cattle to Mexico, most to slaughter and to market. On an annual basis that's 74,000 head, part of a brisk two-way business that sees hundreds of thousands of Mexican cattle coming north to be fattened in Midwestern feed lots. But in the event of a trade war, all bets are off. A tariff here means retaliation by the Mexican government there, and the last time that happened, it was the United States that surrendered. In phasing in NAFTA in the early 2000s, Congress abruptly interrupted the movement of Mexican trucks north. The Mexicans retaliated with a crippling tariff on American tomato growers. The Republican Congress caved and today, Mexican trucks head north freely.

You stated hundreds of times there was nothing to her scandals.  This isn't about some strawman comment about her being perfect.  It is about your endless defense and denying there was any evidence of her wrong doing. 
And I was right, the emails didn't lead to any charges being filed, did they? As I said, there was no there, there.

No...it doesn't matter.  Just like it didn't matter when they were bringing it up with Obama.  So many things matter and you guys are talking about golf.  Personally, I'd rather have him out golfing than trying to govern.  We've seen how the latter has been going. :lol:  
But the point is the never-ending hypocrisy of these blessed folks. Then again, I long since passed the point of trying to actually communicate with any of these halfwits, because it is painfully obvious that none of them care about intellectual honesty or any other than this imaginary "winning" they think they are experiencing. :lmao:

Btw, Melania reading the Lord's Prayer the other night was comedy gold.

And I was right, the emails didn't lead to any charges being filed, did they? As I said, there was no there, there.
Just because she escaped Levonworth does not mean there weren't serious ethical violations.  Violation which at a minimum would have resulted in anyone else being fired. 

Just because she escaped Levonworth does not mean there weren't serious ethical violations.  Violation which at a minimum would have resulted in anyone else being fired. 
Levonworth? Was that named after the Elton John song, or the drummer of The Band? 

John Schindler ‏@20committee 5h5 hours ago

McMaster is a smart guy, but not as smart as his cult thinks he is. Still, he's infinitely preferable to Flynn, Bolton, Petraeus, et al.
John Schindler ‏@20committee 5h5 hours ago

As long as Bannon's SIG operates as an alternate NSC with close access to POTUS, McMaster will have a supremely difficult job.

Obama played 300 rounds in 8 years?  That's just over once every 10 days.  Trump on track to smash that mark. 

Edit*  Never mind, I see that his has already been pointed out.  I'll take your likes with my solid point and insight however. 
I doubt he was really golfing all that time  ;)  because no one can suck so much after 300 rounds.

It was in Texas' best interests economically to support Hillary Clinton- Texas will be one of the two states (my home of California being the other) that will suffer the most if Trump gets his way. (Not that anybody will benefit.) 
By sinking the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the new administration cut off long-sought access to the Japanese market. 

I'm sure Trump could work out a bilateral deal now that he is so tight with Japan.  We didn't need the TPP, and are much better without it. 

Jake Turx is a newly minted White House correspondent for a publication that has never before had a seat in the White House press corps: Ami Magazine, an Orthodox Jewish weekly based in Brooklyn. ...

When President Trump called on him at a news conference on Thursday, saying he was looking for a “friendly reporter,” Mr. Turx was prepared. He had spent an hour crafting a question about a recent surge of anti-Semitism, with a preamble that he hoped would convey his supportive disposition toward Mr. Trump. ...  His editor, Rabbi Yitzchok Frankfurter, watched aghast from the magazine’s offices as his young correspondent received a tongue-lashing from the president: “It was a very disheartening moment for us, to watch him being berated.”

... The exchange began with Mr. Turx standing up from his third-row seat and gesturing slightly toward his fellow reporters:

"Despite what some of my colleagues may have been reporting, I haven’t seen anybody in my community accuse either yourself or anyone on your staff of being anti-Semitic. We understand that you have Jewish grandchildren. You are their zayde,” which is Yiddish for “grandfather” and often a word of great affection. However, what we are concerned about and what we haven’t really heard being addressed is an uptick in anti-Semitism and how the government is planning to take care of it. There’s been a report out that 48 bomb threats have been made against Jewish centers all across the country in the last couple of weeks. There are people committing anti-Semitic acts or threatening to ..."

TRUMP:...he said he was gonna ask a very simple, easy question. And it’s not, its not, not — not a simple question, not a fair question. OK sit down, I understand the rest of your question.

So here’s the story, folks. Number one, I am the least anti-Semitic person that you’ve ever seen in your entire life. Number two, racism, the least racist person. In fact, we did very well relative to other people running as a Republican — quiet, quiet, quiet.

See, he lied about — he was gonna get up and ask a very straight, simple question, so you know, welcome to the world of the media. But let me just tell you something, that I hate the charge, I find it repulsive.

I hate even the question because people that know me and you heard the prime minister, you heard Ben Netanyahu (ph) yesterday, did you hear him, Bibi? He said, I’ve known Donald Trump for a long time and then he said, forget it.

So you should take that instead of having to get up and ask a very insulting question like that.
^ Actual President of the United States.

By sinking the Trans-Pacific Partnership, the new administration cut off long-sought access to the Japanese market. 

I'm sure Trump could work out a bilateral deal now that he is so tight with Japan.  We didn't need the TPP, and are much better without it. 
The cattle don't go from the US to Japan, if you read the article. They go from the US, to Mexico, to Japan. And some go from Mexico, to the US, to Mexico, to Japan. So it's going to take a deal with Mexico also. The "border tax" will really help that.

What makes you think he is tight with Japan? 

What makes you think he is tight with Japan? 
He shook the Japanese leader's hand and threw him into the turnbuckle. Gotta be tight to do that.

Trump has been shown to lie more than your average politician.  His outside business dealings, and his refusal to divorce himself from them after taking public office, show he's more corrupt than your average politician.

He promised to "drain the swamp" but it's apparent he represents the worst of the worst in terms of what most people think of when they get behind that rhetoric.

Odd.

But the point is the never-ending hypocrisy of these blessed folks. Then again, I long since passed the point of trying to actually communicate with any of these halfwits, because it is painfully obvious that none of them care about intellectual honesty or any other than this imaginary "winning" they think they are experiencing. :lmao:

Btw, Melania reading the Lord's Prayer the other night was comedy gold.
We need not pretend that the hypocrisy isn't running rampant in Washington DC.  It is, was and always will and neither party is immune to it, so I see exactly zero benefit in pointing it out.  It's the "water is wet" argument of politics.  The only thing that's changed amongst the :hophead:  is who'd providing the argument.  I have Max in these threads using the "let's wait until he's indicted" argument that Tim ans squis used with Hillary and I have the "boy who cried wolf" syndrome  bubbling up from the left.  It's really remarkable.  

I mean I get Trump saw Fox Hannity and then just clumped Swedes in with Germany in terms of 'what happened last night'.... fine let's give the man his usual verbal diarrhea out but let's not try to defend what he said as having some real relevance based on something he didn't actually say.

Conway says "Bowling Green massacre/attack" at least 3 times.

Spicer mentions "Atlanta" 2-3 times.

Trump says something happened in Sweden.

Either these goons are just stupid or they know they can say anything and the folks from Dumb####istan won't care.

We need not pretend that the hypocrisy isn't running rampant in Washington DC.  It is, was and always will and neither party is immune to it, so I see exactly zero benefit in pointing it out.  It's the "water is wet" argument of politics.  The only thing that's changed amongst the :hophead:  is who'd providing the argument.  I have Max in these threads using the "let's wait until he's indicted" argument that Tim ans squis used with Hillary and I have the "boy who cried wolf" syndrome  bubbling up from the left.  It's really remarkable.  
The volume we are talking about here is beyond anything we have ever seen. At least without the use of a history book. Just a torrent of bull####. Comparing this to the Benghazi and email witch hunts and the response from political blah blah blahs is absurd.

About Milo Hanrahan Wagner Yiannopoulos:  Breitbart has 4 links promoting him right now.

Still not convinced.

Conway says "Bowling Green massacre/attack" at least 3 times.

Spicer mentions "Atlanta" 2-3 times.

Trump says something happened in Sweden.

Either these goons are just stupid or they know they can say anything and the folks from Dumb####istan won't care.
This is going to be very interesting to learn once they all write their books. That is the $1M question.

The cattle don't go from the US to Japan, if you read the article. They go from the US, to Mexico, to Japan. And some go from Mexico, to the US, to Mexico, to Japan. So it's going to take a deal with Mexico also. The "border tax" will really help that.
There's a lot of interdependencies between countries.  Any change in the bilateral deal with one country can have lots of triggle effects.  The haggling will boggle the mind with Brexit and Trump going on at the same time.  Many counties, like Australia cattle ranchers, will be ready to pick up the table scrapes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread