Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Bobcat10

PGA Golf DFS

387 posts in this topic

Was winning $44.40 to start Sun but all my low owned guys shot 1-4 over and Uihlein quit . Cashed $16.20/$20.

Had $22 in play and cashed $26.80.  Thought I'd lose money for sure as I didn't have any lineups with more than 5 guys make the cut. All 5 50/50s cashed but tied in 1 so only got .90.

Had a lineup with 1 golfer making the cut lol.

Lost 1.90 on the weekend.  One lineup put up 439 with only 5 golfers making the cut, the other two lineups stunk.

This is fun and keeps the tournament exciting, but it's also pretty difficult.

3 hours ago, Bobcat10 said:

Had a lineup with 1 golfer making the cut lol.

Lost 1.90 on the weekend.  One lineup put up 439 with only 5 golfers making the cut, the other two lineups stunk.

This is fun and keeps the tournament exciting, but it's also pretty difficult.

my main lineup that cashed in 5 50/50s only had 4 guys make the cut but they were ,koepka,thomas, leishman and xander. scored 379.9 My freeroll lineup scored 533 but unfortunatly I didnt play it anywhere else  so it won me nothing.

I think I like the old FD system better- tough to pick the right 2-3 under 6k guys to make the cut.

Going to try just 2 lineups this week each in a gpp and 2 50/50s.

Speith snedeker Thomas streelman lingmerth Stanley Harman Xander

Thomas leishman Steele Grillo Stanley tway Xander mullinax

1 lineup had 7/8 make the cut, cashed 3 50/50s and 8th in a 100man contest(568pts). other lineup had 6/8 make the cut and didnt cash anything(462.9pts)

Had a 3rd lineup that scored535.1 and would likely have cashed for $15 had Lingmerth and/or DeLaet stayed in the top 25

$22 in $18.80 out

For such a big slate there aren't many options at P with good match ups once you get past Scherzer. Straily, Paxton and Severino about the only guys I'd feel good about using

my lineups for this week

delaet stanley kokrak chappell xander lingmerth fowler hass

delaet kokrak steele reed xander lingmerth leishman streelman

2nd losing week in a row(-3.40) time to turn it around

6 $2 50/50  reed kisner ch3 lingmerth streelman xander kokrak wagner

$2 gpp kisner ch3 haas cink english xander o'hair power

$1 gpp  bradley henley watney cink kokrak woodland bubba lee

I like what you're doing allocation wise as I've seen the 5050 / double ups as pretty beatable most weeks.  I've been playing even less money wise and win/lose a few bucks every week.  Just don't have the time these days.  Got messed up this week after a week and a half vacation...only got these in:

$1 gpp - MKim, Taylor, Streelman, Reed, DLee, Bradley, Lingmerth, Simpson

$1 gpp and $2 double - Hoge, Putnam, Schauffele, Reed, Finau, Mickelboob, Kang, Schniederjans

First lineup had a great day 1 and is falling a little back today, hoping to go 8/8 but need MKim to hang on.  Second lineup is doing better today but not cashing anything, and will have at least 1 miss the cut.

My cash lineup doing terrible and going to lose 3 guys. Last lineup min cashing. Looking like my worst  week so far.

Didn't cash at all last week, 1st truly horrible PGA weekend. Need to win this week or will have to reload for first time since 2015.

3 50/50

Hoffman,  Lovemark, Harman, Na, Summerhayes, Bryan, Hearn, Taylor

$2 gpp

Berger, Harman, Stricker, Martin, Kraft, Streelman, Taylor, Stroud

$1 100 man

Johnson, Kinser, Na, Stanley, Bryan, Campbell, Kim, Wagner

Free roll

Kisner, Berger, Lee, Brown, Tway, Luck, Schneiderjans, Brehm

Somehow won 14.80 on my $10 in despite my cash lineups only having 5 guys after the cut. Also cashed the $2 hpp for $4.

wow is pricing soft on both sites this week- cink,bryan and ch3 all 5.5k or less on FD.

3 $2 50/50  and a $2 5 man

speith fowler mickelson fleetwood stricker ch3 harmon z johnson

$2 gpp

speith koepka casey kisner fleetwood stanley  z johnson poulter

$1 gpp

rahm snedeker kuchar koepka perez lovemark molinari rose

So close to a big win on DK. Started Sunday in 7/5882 14pts off the lead with all my golfers. Speith choked away the lead and my other 5 (Chappell, Kuchar, Bradley, Finau,Werensky) shot a combined 22 over dropping me all the way down to 65th:rant:

With NFL about over figured it was a good time to resurrect this thread. Plus had a decent week, $5 in $9.40 out.

If you haven't played in the last 2 weeks FD lineups same as DK now with 6 golfers.

Guys I like this week. 

Bud Cauley-
Webb Simpson
Charles Howell
Ryan Armour
Wesley Bryan
Austin Cook
Jason Dufner
Kevin Kisner

I'm off of Rahm this week, he struggled here last year and I think he gets agitated by the Pro Am aspect of this tournament (just speculation). 

Haven't looked at it too closely yet but probably sticking with a couple guys who have been good for me lately like Kizzrie, Cook, Hoge and Harman.

I'd like to see weekly talk about the best cheaper options because that's usually my achilles heel.  You can't build a lineup, for example, with Devin's list above. 

Is there a weekly table anywhere that shows the field and their cuts made/missed at the coming event?

Also, what sites are you guys playing on this year?  I haven't played much yet....but FD, DK and FantasyDraft (they had some cheap/free cross sport contests that I joined to get a feel for their pricing) are what I've been looking at.

Playing mostly FD but have done ok at DK too.

Yeah my 1 or 2 cheap guys usually decide my fate. This past week I hit on Hoge who almost got the win so will ride him for a bit. Tway, Silverman and Werensky are other cheap guys I'll play.

I preferred when FD had 8 golfers, haven't gotten a handle on the new pricing yet.

Haven't found a free site that does DFS PGA so get most of my info at PGA.com it just takes alot of time to go thru the players. PGA channel on Sirius usually has a weekly fantasy segment that I try and catch.

Right now I slotted in Harkins and Knost at lower prices for my FantasyDraft lineup.  That nets me Cook, Bryan, Harman, Kisner and Kizzire with my other slots.  Werenski and Silverman are a little cheaper than Harkins, but it doesn't really buy me anything.

Anything to think about with these mostly unknown names?  Jaeger, Conners, VanAswegen, Diaz

Also some veteran cheapos: VTaylor, Villegas, Campbell, Mahan

I used VanAswegen a few times early last year when I first started playing PGA and he had some good weeks but seemed to tank on Sundays and started to to miss more cuts so I stopped using him.

And FYI I'm still a PGA noob and have only been playing since it was added on FD last year. I had some beginner s luck to start and got hooked on it, even started watching some golf for the first time in 10+ years.

Here are my lineups so far

3man contest

Harman, Simpson, Kizzrie, Glover, List Knox

$1 SE gpp

Harman Simpson Kizzire Dufner Hoge Hossler

6 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Playing mostly FD but have done ok at DK too.

Yeah my 1 or 2 cheap guys usually decide my fate. This past week I hit on Hoge who almost got the win so will ride him for a bit. Tway, Silverman and Werensky are other cheap guys I'll play.

I preferred when FD had 8 golfers, haven't gotten a handle on the new pricing yet.

Haven't found a free site that does DFS PGA so get most of my info at PGA.com it just takes alot of time to go thru the players. PGA channel on Sirius usually has a weekly fantasy segment that I try and catch.

@Raging weasel - rotogrinders has free content for the main sports.  They have a free LU builder, the "first look" page has a breakdown of the top 5 stats to look for as well as their winning odds vs salary and past finishes on that course, and they also have other general stats to sift through too on the sport page.  .  

3 people like this

Found a couple cheap guys with upside while going over course history.  Ryan Palmer (8.5k FD) has 3 top 10 finishes here in the last 5 years, best of anyone in the field over that time.

Matt Jones (7.8k FD) has made the cut here his last 4 tries with 2 top 25s.

Also found out that the cut on this event comes after round 3 so Im going a little more stars and scrubs in gpp than usual.

Changed my $1 SE gpp to this

Harman Simpson Kizzire Reavie Palmer Streelman

and 3 .60 gpp

rahm cauley kirk mickelson reavie jones

dufner snedeker haas hadwin palmer cook

mickelson simpson hahn spaun list steele

Noob question - what are considered the cheap/punt guys - under 9K?

1 hour ago, KarmaPolice said:

Noob question - what are considered the cheap/punt guys - under 9K?

Seems about right, still getting used to the new FD pricing with 2 less golfers. Was under 7k with 8 needed

more like 8.5k on FD and 7.5k on DK

Edited by Raging weasel

Lineups for DK

$1 SE gpp

harman mickelson bryan wise piercy martin

$3 double up

simpson knox reavie howell list garrigus

$2  10x

simpson reavie cauley howell spaun palmer

and added 2 more at FD for .60 each

rahm mickelson howell johnson wise garrigus

rohm harman johnson lingmerth jones harkins

good luck all!!

Edited by Raging weasel

You guys sucked me in ;), so I tried 4 of those 60cent entries.  I think it's only the 3rd or 4th time that I have tried PGA.  

I went 100% on Rahm, and my cheap guys (under 9K) were Wise, J.Peterson, Hadley, and List.  

I think 2 were studs and scrubs LUs like :  Rahm, Simpson, Harmon, Reavie, Peterson, Wise.  

Good Luck all!!  

1 person likes this

Wow some really good scores yesterday and mostly by guys I don't have. Never been so disappointed that all my guys are 3 or 4 under par for the first round. Hopefully switching courses can get my guys some better scores and cool down the guys at the top.

RW jinxed me.  I was up $10 yesterday, now only one of my 4 is barely above the cash line. ;)

Looks like I’m throwing money away this week. Thought I had some good lineups too. I did fade Rahm, who is 45% in Gpp. If I knew that I’d have played him in half and taken my chances with the other 5 golfers.

15 hours ago, KarmaPolice said:

RW jinxed me.  I was up $10 yesterday, now only one of my 4 is barely above the cash line. ;)

Sorry about that but it worked for me somewhat. Got above the cash line with 4 lineups but 3 of those still look like they will lose at least 1 golfer. Up to 38th(412+pts) in the .60 gpp but List will miss the cut there.

2 hours ago, Raging weasel said:

Sorry about that but it worked for me somewhat. Got above the cash line with 4 lineups but 3 of those still look like they will lose at least 1 golfer. Up to 38th(412+pts) in the .60 gpp but List will miss the cut there.

What is the cut usually? (# of golfers?)

My best is only about 380, but it's very top and bottom heavy.  I have 3 guys in the top 10 and 3 guys in the 60s.  My second best is just a little lower, but only has 1 guy in the 60s. 

Can't find it now but think the cut is 78

1 person likes this

Just heard the projected cut is 7 under. Wind will also be a factor today at 20-40mph. Most of the leaders are on the Stadium course which they say will be hard to play under par in that wind.

3 minutes ago, Raging weasel said:

Just heard the projected cut is 7 under. Wind will also be a factor today at 20-40mph. Most of the leaders are on the Stadium course which they say will be hard to play under par in that wind.

Just took a peek and all the guys that I have that have started the round are + on the day or even.  Like you said, that wind might make it interesting today.

Sound's like 8 under will be the cut, not good for me

Do all your players typically  have to make the cut if you want to cash? One of mine just missed it and I'm sitting at 545 going into Sunday. I play fanduel.

Edited by Cabby