What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

National Parks employees' alternate Twitter feed (1 Viewer)

I don't get it 
The National Parks Service has an official twitter feed.  Last week it pissed off Trump by retweeting a side-by-side shot of the crowds at his and Obama's inauguration.  Apparently the official feed is now locked down.

This twitter feed claims to be an unauthorized one by employees of the National Parks Service.  There's at least some reason to believe that the people running the feed aren't who they claim to be.

I don't get it 
The National Parks Service has an official twitter feed.  Last week it pissed off Trump by retweeting a side-by-side shot of the crowds at his and Obama's inauguration.  Apparently the official feed is now locked down.

This twitter feed claims to be an unauthorized one by employees of the National Parks Service.  There's at least some reason to believe that the people running the feed aren't who they claim to be.
It is kind of important. The NPS uses Twitter as a way of getting important, sometimes time-sensitive information out to the public. (i.e. Road and park closures due to weather and other events) Things like this can be a big deal and the WH is not thinking things thru by eliminating that source of information for the public.

It is kind of important. The NPS uses Twitter as a way of getting important, sometimes time-sensitive information out to the public. (i.e. Road and park closures due to weather and other events) Things like this can be a big deal and the WH is not thinking things thru by eliminating that source of information for the public.
probably best to assume going forward that nothing coming out of the WH is being thought through.  

exactlyTrump tells the Park Service that they actually have to work when on the job,they in turn whine and cry...
are you suggesting people using twitter aren't actually doing their job? That they should focus on their actual job instead of tweeting?

exactlyTrump tells the Park Service that they actually have to work when on the job,they in turn whine and cry...
Dam straight skippy! From now on, Trump is the only Federal employee that gets to spend all his time whining and crying instead of working.

Last edited by a moderator:
are you suggesting people using twitter aren't actually doing their job? That they should focus on their actual job instead of tweeting?
do what I say not as I do. when you are in the top seat of any company or position the rules do not apply, you know that.

do what I say not as I do. when you are in the top seat of any company or position the rules do not apply, you know that.
I know that that's a complete lack of leadership and accountability. Not really something to strive for there.

Who cares
Nobody did.  If the National Parks Service tweeted something last week it was like a tree falling in the forest.  The new administration's overreach on trying to control communications of all national agencies made this a much bigger issue.

A college friend of mine worked at Grand Teton for 8 years when he decided to head west after school..he tells this story all the time when drinking. To this day said it was his most fun job ever.  Checked in  and then headed out to do his thing..be it hiking, skiing, golfing or back home to bed . Thursday were happy hour Thursdays where they would start drinking at 1-2pm and trying to get somebody to do something after noon on Fridays forget it.....put in a total of 8-12 hours a week of what he was supposed to be doing.  Nobody ever checked up on anyone.  Said at one meeting one of his supervisors said come on "At least put a half day in" but then he was never anywhere to be found. Unless there was a bear attack or a tourist was injured nobody really cared.

What?  Really?  If only you had said something like this when Obamacare was passed. :doh:

Wait till Trump visits Yellowstone and one of the rangers sets up a bear mauling. He better tread lightly. Maybe a slip at the Grand Canyon.

What if you're only copying/pasting from Twitter all day?  Does that mean you aren't doing your job either?

Exactly why was anyone with the Parks Service sending/forwarding tweets not related the park system/programing/news?  It's a violation of the Municipalities communications policy, what exactly does the inauguration photos have to do with their Park System

Nobody did.  If the National Parks Service tweeted something last week it was like a tree falling in the forest.  The new administration's overreach on trying to control communications of all national agencies made this a much bigger issue.
:goodposting:

The Alt NPS account has 3x as many followers as the real NPS account had already.

This is a microcosm of the problems going on in current politics. Put simply...BOTH sides are to blame and do nothing but piss, moan and pour gas on the fire rather than try and work together.

The NPS shouldn't be using that twitter feed as a political vehicle to show side by side shots of inaugurations and Trump shouldn't react in thin skinned, petty fashion by shutting the feed down. Rinse and repeat.

Ge used to it America.

How is that political?
Oh come on. :rolleyes:  It's a twitter feed designed to disseminate useful information about the parks to the public. It shouldn't be used for any other purpose. Posting pictures of Trump's inauguration isn't useful for the purpose of the account and can only be viewed as a mean to fan flames.

Oh come on. :rolleyes:  It's a twitter feed designed to disseminate useful information about the parks to the public. It shouldn't be used for any other purpose. Posting pictures of Trump's inauguration isn't useful for the purpose of the account and can only be viewed as a mean to fan flames.
This is probably true but silencing government websites, social media feeds, and the employees themselves is what dictators do and I can provide hundreds of examples.  The first dissidents you silence are those within your own walls, then you work your way out. 

This is probably true but silencing government websites, social media feeds, and the employees themselves is what dictators do and I can provide hundreds of examples.  The first dissidents you silence are those within your own walls, then you work your way out. 
Agreed. I mentioned in my post that I believe both parties are to blame. I wasn't interested in assessing who was more wrong but I'll go farther and say Trump's reaction is worse than the NPS's misguided use of using the twitter account.

That isn't useful information?  

Users who are viewing this thread