What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I now make the rules… (2 Viewers)

3. Cap costs for youth sports (travel teams)
How about get rid of travel ball and limit each sport to 3 or 4 month windows so specializing at a young age is not "forced" on kids?

With no travel ball it will increase competition and skill levels to local area leagues so it isn't so diluted that it has become useless.
Need to keep tipping. What's the incentive for good service? Also wait staff will pay more taxes if you increase the hourly pay as a lot of their earnings is unreported cash tips.
1. It works in other countries
2. Customers shouldn’t be enabling tax evasion
Customers are not enabling tax evasion. It is up to each person to accurately report their income. In other countries, at least in Europe, tip.
I was just in Ireland and they rarely tip according to my local friends.
I have not been to Ireland. I have only been to London, Copenhagen, Paris,Düsseldorf, Cologne, Budapest, Vienna,Saltzburg, Florence, Venice, Rome, Amalfi Coast and Munich. Everyone expected tips. Maybe I shouldn't be tipping :shrug:.

Establish a maximum wage...The highest paid person in any company is capped at 20 times (or 10 or 15) whatever the lowest paid person is making

Amend this to say that workers and CEOs wages are tied together. If the CEO of your company always makes 50 times as much as your worker then it should always be that way.

CEO gets a 5 percent raise so do the workers. Workers get a 10 percent raise so does the CEO.

3. Cap costs for youth sports (travel teams)
How about get rid of travel ball and limit each sport to 3 or 4 month windows so specializing at a young age is not "forced" on kids?

With no travel ball it will increase competition and skill levels to local area leagues so it isn't so diluted that it has become useless.
Need to keep tipping. What's the incentive for good service? Also wait staff will pay more taxes if you increase the hourly pay as a lot of their earnings is unreported cash tips.
1. It works in other countries
2. Customers shouldn’t be enabling tax evasion
Customers are not enabling tax evasion. It is up to each person to accurately report their income. In other countries, at least in Europe, tip.
I was just in Ireland and they rarely tip according to my local friends.
I have not been to Ireland. I have only been to London, Copenhagen, Paris,Düsseldorf, Cologne, Budapest, Vienna,Saltzburg, Florence, Venice, Rome, Amalfi Coast and Munich. Everyone expected tips. Maybe I shouldn't be tipping :shrug:.
Well you definitely have a greater scope of proof than I do. I was surprised because we ate at a pub and I was looking for the tip line on the receipt. I ended up leaving her a $10 bill. Then we went out to eat with our friends and I paid the bill and I brought up the tip and they said it is not expected and the wait staff is compensated without the tip in mind.

Establish a maximum wage...The highest paid person in any company is capped at 20 times (or 10 or 15) whatever the lowest paid person is making
100% but it should be measured by total compensation and benefits, not just cash compensation.
I don't get why this should be capped. Make as much as you can. Why should it be limited?
I would argue this should be the case for any publicly traded company. The argument in favor is that with no private ownership, the public has a vested interest in avoiding a bifurcated economy. This approach would ensure that the wage gap doesn't exceed whatever our legislature deems appropriate. The cap wouldn't limit the highest compensated ee's earning power, as long as everyone's earnings are increasing at the same rate.

No more parental benefit of any kind (tax deductions, maternity leave, etc.). If you choose to have a kid, you figure it all out and pay for it yourself.

SS and Medicare is guaranteed based on what you paid in. Your payout is based on a smaller compounded interest of 5%. Also, you’re allowed to opt out of SS and Medicare and will not have to pay any FICA taxes but will obviously not receive any benefits ever.

GroveDiesel gets my nomination for the Executive Director of Consumer Protection seat in the federal government. Go to it, Grove!

Failure to pass a national budget on time results in every member of congress coming up for re-election in the next month.

No income cap on social security.

Wealth tax on all non-retirement accounts. Starts at $10 million.

IRA contribution cap equals 401k cap.

No income limit on the Roth IRA.

SS and Medicare is guaranteed based on what you paid in. Your payout is based on a smaller compounded interest of 5%. Also, you’re allowed to opt out of SS and Medicare and will not have to pay any FICA taxes but will obviously not receive any benefits ever.
:goodposting: Let me opt out and put that money in my own retirement account. I guarantee I won't screw it up like the government does.

No more parental benefit of any kind (tax deductions, maternity leave, etc.). If you choose to have a kid, you figure it all out and pay for it yourself.

If you want government-backed retirement programs, you need people to have kids.

Hard salary caps for all elections. Including school board members. Tired of elections being bought.

I know some school board candidates that have spent 30-35K to get elected to a position that pays 75 bucks a meeting. Of course they are funded by people who want to push an agenda.

You’re not allowed to be President if over 70 years old of age.
Extend this to all occupations. Abolishing mandatory retirement was a mistake.

make it older then. My boss is in her mid 70s and is remarkably able. 70 isn’t old for most professions.

It has a little to do with performance and your boss is the exception not the rule. In my opinion it is more about getting out of the way for the new generations. At that age you had your time to leave your mark on the world, make your money and be the center of the universe. Now go enjoy the golden years and let the next generation have their turn.

I get the retirement age idea but don't support it. With that, we don't get Killers of the Flower Moon or The Irishman. Think of all the great work Anthony Hopkins, Clint Eastwood, Judi Dench, Meryl Streep, etc. have done post age 70. Bob Dylan still has some great songs in him. Though I suppose different careers have different legths where one can be successful. I've seen a couple teachers push into their 70s and it was always kind of sad at the end- just shells of their former selves, unable to keep up with the pace of the job.

make it older then. My boss is in her mid 70s and is remarkably able. 70 isn’t old for most professions.

It has a little to do with performance and your boss is the exception not the rule. In my opinion it is more about getting out of the way for the new generations. At that age you had your time to leave your mark on the world, make your money and be the center of the universe. Now go enjoy the golden years and let the next generation have their turn.
Totally disagree. I might be misinterpreting here but it seems like you’re saying the older workers don’t benefit the younger generation, the workplace or society. Which I vehemently disagree.
Easier to prove competency standards would probably be a benefit.

I get the retirement age idea but don't support it. With that, we don't get Killers of the Flower Moon or The Irishman. Think of all the great work Anthony Hopkins, Clint Eastwood, Judi Dench, Meryl Streep, etc. have done post age 70. Bob Dylan still has some great songs in him. Though I suppose different careers have different legths where one can be successful. I've seen a couple teachers push into their 70s and it was always kind of sad at the end- just shells of their former selves, unable to keep up with the pace of the job.

There are always exceptions to the rule and pros and cons to everything. I want to clear up my stance on this matter. I am not advocating for putting anyone over 70 on ice flos and wishing them good luck. I am not evening saying they can't work anymore. They don't need to be in high level jobs. It is time to pass the baton and let the new generations learn and take over. In my opinion it causes more long term harm when people hold on to high level jobs too long. The new generations generally need the money more and spend more which is good for everyone. They need the training and experience at these jobs to continue the growth and prosperity.

Totally disagree. I might be misinterpreting here but it seems like you’re saying the older workers don’t benefit the younger generation, the workplace or society. Which I vehemently disagree.

They do to a point and then they aren't. As a general rule 70 is probably around that point.

I am sorry, but you will never convince me that a 70 year old CEO, teacher, politician etc is going to do a better job than the 40 or 50 year old person that has been waiting and training for that job. Will it happen occasionally? Sure, but if you had this situation 100 times well over half would benefit from having the younger person in there.

They do to a point and then they aren't. As a general rule 70 is probably around that point.

I am sorry, but you will never convince me that a 70 year old CEO, teacher, politician etc is going to do a better job than the 40 or 50 year old person that has been waiting and training for that job. Will it happen occasionally? Sure, but if you had this situation 100 times well over half would benefit from having the younger person in there.
Ok. Just seems like a rule that automatically forces a good portion of the organizations affected to be harmed would make bad policy.
I’m completely on board with some professions - high stress, highly physical, requiring fast reactions, etc. but I’ll never be convinced that our law office isn’t benefited by some of our attorneys over 70.

Credit card MAX interest rate or maybe 5-6%. This 29 percent crap is ridiculous.
How are they gonna fund the rewards programs we love so much?
With the transaction fees they charge retailers. I’m contemplating including the capping of CC interest rates.
If you think that's enough. My rewards better not be touched or I'm voting you out of office. Was also thinking if you're someone with bad credit which obviously doesn't apply to us, good luck getting a credit card. And without a credit card, its gonna be a lot harder to improve that credit. I have no problem with the way it is now.
How bout you have the option of a 5% interest rate card with no rewards......or a 30% interest rate card with rewards.

Credit card MAX interest rate or maybe 5-6%. This 29 percent crap is ridiculous.
With the transaction fees they charge retailers. I’m contemplating including the capping of CC interest rates.
If you think that's enough. My rewards better not be touched or I'm voting you out of office. Was also thinking if you're someone with bad credit which obviously doesn't apply to us, good luck getting a credit card. And without a credit card, its gonna be a lot harder to improve that credit. I have no problem with the way it is now.
How bout you have the option of a 5% interest rate card with no rewards......or a 30% interest rate card with rewards.
Easy choice for most of us.
5% doesn’t even beat bonds right now. You’d be putting credit card companies out of business.
29% might be ridiculous but a compromise around 18% seems prudent.

That's fine as long as my rewards stay unchanged. You can charge me whatever rate you want. Are you just looking to carry a balance at a low rate?

Easy choice for most of us.
5% doesn’t even beat bonds right now. You’d be putting credit card companies out of business.
29% might be ridiculous but a compromise around 18% seems prudent.
I pay even more 18% currently with my cap one card. I never realized it was so high, but I haven't carried a balance in years.

If you want government-backed retirement programs, you need people to have kids.
Point taken, but I’m pretty sure tax breaks are low on the list of reasons why people have kids.

That’s funny, I was thinking mandatory retirement even earlier. Operating a motor vehicle should have an age ceiling as well.

That’s funny, I was thinking mandatory retirement even earlier. Operating a motor vehicle should have an age ceiling as well.
Make it harder to pass the drivers test and easier to lose your license. The old people here drive slow but at least they stop on red.

Point taken, but I’m pretty sure tax breaks are low on the list of reasons why people have kids.
Costs are a major reason people wait to have kids. Which isn’t a bad thing but for those actually planning families, money is a factor.

Fumbles into the endzone get spotted at the closest 20 with the recovering team in possession. No reset of downs if the offense recovered it.

Out of the endzone goes to the offense.

What’s the incentive for good service in all the other industries that we don’t tip?

There are plenty of places around here that have adopted a no tipping policy and the service is spectacular

Last edited:

I never bought into the either or. It seems to make things too difficult and it usually costs more to have more options.

Could you imagine the **** show it would be if you could opt in or out of social security? We have it and we deal with the issues or we don't have it and deal with those issues.

Make it harder to pass the drivers test and easier to lose your license. The old people here drive slow but at least they stop on red.

I think from 16 until 26 you should have to go every other year and retake your road test, the same after 65.

I used to be strongly in favor of letting people opt out of SS, because I figured I could do better saving for retirement on my own and so can everybody else. I was right about the first part, but the fact is that if you let people opt out, you're going to have a whole bunch of people suddenly realize that they're too old to work anymore and they don't have any way to sustain themselves in old age.

It sucks, but we have to make allowances for lazy, short-sighted, and unlucky people, and those allowances might come at the expense of people who are more responsible. (This could be the unofficial motto of Gen X).

I used to be strongly in favor of letting people opt out of SS, because I figured I could do better saving for retirement on my own and so can everybody else. I was right about the first part, but the fact is that if you let people opt out, you're going to have a whole bunch of people suddenly realize that they're too old to work anymore and they don't have any way to sustain themselves in old age.

It sucks, but we have to make allowances for lazy, short-sighted, and unlucky people, and those allowances might come at the expense of people who are more responsible. (This could be the unofficial motto of Gen X).
SS is basically welfare for the elderly. Except currently not means tested.

*Littering offense carries 100 hours of community service cleaning-up neighborhoods...if it is a cigarette it is 200 hours

*Anyone caught doing graffiti gets 500 hours

*Not maintaining your property results in fines

*Abuse of any government services results in disqualification from the service and your name should be on some type of public web-site

*Bicyclists that don't adhere to laws should have their bike confiscated

*Anyone who tries to go thru the express lane at a Super-Market with more items than they are allowed have to sit in the corner in silence of the Super Market for an hour

*If you eat the food at the Super Market before you pay for it you get a $100 surcharge

*The combination of speeding and changing lanes without your blinker carries an immediate license suspension of 1 year

*Motorcyclists that weave in and out of lanes/create their own lane during traffic lose their license for a year
I opened an Orange Juice in the middle of Publix today
I had just gotten off the Tennis Courts and was trying to pick up some groceries for Chili recipe and the football game today.
I drank about half the pint and just paid for it on the way out with the rest of my stuff.
I don't usually open any food items, occaisionally on the ride home I'll rip open the Popcorners bag

You’d be amazed. My wife‘s friend had a 4th kid with the benefits in mind. It wasn’t the factor. But is was a factor. Mother doesn’t work. Father is a tax evader(paid under the table) The 4th dependent put them over some sort of magic threshold for free benefits that we pay for.

We have a minimum age, so yes, why not a maximum? It's sensible to have a minimum to ensure sufficient experience/life experience ...implied in this is a basic sense of competency. Yes? So why not put a cap on the other end as well, again based on a general protection of competency. On one end, we might be excluding someone young who is wise and talented beyond their years. On the other end, we might be excluding someone who is still fully capable of performing the job. But on both ends, we're protecting against a risk of incompetence, I'd say.

Users who are viewing this thread