What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 24 Legacy Thread *** (1 Viewer)

While not fair to the new show, after 24: Live Another Day, I was pretty well tapped out of the series. A decade was long enough for me. 

Not a big fan so far... Giving it a chance, but they are forcing it.

New Jack seems too eager to break the law to get the results he needs..  Break into a police station and steal 4 million dollars? OK! 

The gay angle with the tough guy and the computer nerd? Stupid

It's on a short leash with me..

I'm in.  Hard to believe they are relying on finding an actual thumb drive to retrieve critical data, though... there would be copies somewhere on the dark net, or something... but it's fun so far.  Eric Carter is no Jack Bauer, but he's ok.  I'll stick around to see how it ends.  

Not a big fan so far... Giving it a chance, but they are forcing it.

New Jack seems too eager to break the law to get the results he needs..  Break into a police station and steal 4 million dollars? OK! 

The gay angle with the tough guy and the computer nerd? Stupid

It's on a short leash with me..
I thought it was funny when the cops and SWAT just stood down when CTU called to vouch.  And on top of that, they just let him walk with the $2M from evidence..  :lol:

And yes, the gay angle with the tough guy was a "wait, wat?" moment.  Why?  pretty dumb.  

With the Super bowl F'n up the premiere I waited for the re-runs of Hour 1 & 2 over the weekend and so far enjoying it.. Not as much as Jack's 24, but not horrible.. Looking forward to watching Hour 3 later today. :popcorn:

With the Super bowl F'n up the premiere I waited for the re-runs of Hour 1 & 2 over the weekend and so far enjoying it.. Not as much as Jack's 24, but not horrible.. Looking forward to watching Hour 3 later today. :popcorn:
Hour 3 was a slight disappointment for me.  I thought the first two hours were better.  Hopefully it picks back up.  

I thought it was funny when the cops and SWAT just stood down when CTU called to vouch.  And on top of that, they just let him walk with the $2M from evidence..  :lol:

And yes, the gay angle with the tough guy was a "wait, wat?" moment.  Why?  pretty dumb.  
Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching and giving it a chance.. but way too many different angles at the same time...  You've got Victor Sifuentes "Major Dad" as the leak, Carter's brother, Draymond Green and his drama.. The nerdy school teacher banging his student and killing kids, the Nina Myers look alike who's just a scapegoat now instead of the real mole, the tough guy/computer nerd gay love affair, etc etc...

Don't get me wrong, I'm still watching and giving it a chance.. but way too many different angles at the same time...  You've got Victor Sifuentes "Major Dad" as the leak, Carter's brother, Draymond Green and his drama.. The nerdy school teacher banging his student and killing kids, the Nina Myers look alike who's just a scapegoat now instead of the real mole, the tough guy/computer nerd gay love affair, etc etc...
WHAT'S NOT TO LIKE!@?#?!#?!@

lol

Yeah, it seems they are trying to force a little too much into a single hour episode.  I miss Nina Myers.. loved her.  And that's another thing.  She was the perfect twist being a mole.  Since Nina, they've had other moles but after awhile you come to expect the unexpected so the payoff isn't the same.  

Anyone on that CTU floor turning out to be a mole would be  :yawn:  at this point.  After this one it will/should be time to shut down the franchise.  The twists don't have the same effect as they did in the original series.  Major Dad could be a stone cold killer and I wouldn't raise an eyebrow.  

Just watched the first hour last night. Good enough to get me to watch the second hour. I really want to like this but am guessing this could go either way...

Watched 1st 2 as a doubleheader and was "no more". Had a half hour @ 8 til Celts came on and checked in again. Had no trouble switchin over once the game was on. It's silly, it was always silly but there was something about Jack Bauer's hyperventilating heroism that carried it along. Dunno who this kid is and why somebody thought he had it but he dont. And they really shoulda done China or NKorea or even Indonesia. Chechnya aint different enough. Bauer-u Akbar!!

Hour 3 was a slight disappointment for me.  I thought the first two hours were better.  Hopefully it picks back up.
Hey.. a teacher and his student are behind the bleachers no biggie .. Oh and there is a kid laying there knocked out with blood.. no biggie, must just be a coincidence that the teacher and student were watching practice and just happened to see a kid behind the bleachers...  :whistle:   UGGGHHH

We have the Train stop surrounded.. well, OK, just the bottom area and no drones or helicopters to watch the top.. Oh and when I, Carter,  am chasing the suspects, I won't try to contact CTU while I'm chasing them because, well I am THAT dam good.. 

Oh and let's make

Daddy be the one behind all the damage to get his son elected.
. I guess getting a bunch of Rangers killed is just "collateral damage" as long as the ends justify the means.. :wall:

I'll continue to DVR it, but if they continue down this path it will slip down the list to "Well, I have nothing else on the DVR to watch let's see what kind of crap they pulled this week"..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I'm in. 

@snogger you gonna keep the body count again?
We at 10 presently? through the firs 2 episodes 
tough on the counts.. Looking over some other sites to remind myself so here we go..
At the beginning we had a LOT killed in the drone bombing.. going to go with "Collateral Damage" and just count Sheik Bin-Khalid(1)

Hour 1...  we had the 4 Rangers that we know are dead, plus "some" family members.. One Ranger was killed on screen and we saw his wife's body and have to assume daughter was killed also..
No idea how many other rangers had families members who were killed so will have to go with just the 4 Rangers, plus the one wife & daughter (6) .. Total 7

3 tried to take Carter and his wife, who they kill so up to 10... minimum..

Ben gets call from Sister, sister is then killed along with Ben's mother(2) .. At least 12 at the end of Hour one..

Hour 2... hmmmm, I don't think anyone was killed in this one :oldunsure:

Hour 3 ... 2 terrorists that were tracking Ben are killed, but no one else that I recall.. (2)

So, should we go with 14 "confirmed", with many others unconfirmed and go from there??

tough on the counts.. Looking over some other sites to remind myself so here we go..
At the beginning we had a LOT killed in the drone bombing.. going to go with "Collateral Damage" and just count Sheik Bin-Khalid(1)

Hour 1...  we had the 4 Rangers that we know are dead, plus "some" family members.. One Ranger was killed on screen and we saw his wife's body and have to assume daughter was killed also..
No idea how many other rangers had families members who were killed so will have to go with just the 4 Rangers, plus the one wife & daughter (6) .. Total 7

Ben gets call from Sister, sister is then killed along with Ben's mother(2) .. At least 12 at the end of Hour one..

Hour 3 ... 2 terrorists that were tracking Ben are killed, but no one else that I recall.. (2)

So, should we go with 14 "confirmed", with many others unconfirmed and go from there??
Hour 2 -- The other 3 that went after carter - giant pipe scene

:doh:

OK...... 17??

belljr said:
Giant pipe scene was actually end of hour one.  

Watched hour 2 last night and nobody died.  

I agree with your count in hour 3.  Seem like we're setting up for a decent body count next week...  

The male hs student, Carter's brother (maybe some Dominicans), Carter's wife?

Ugh, if hour three was worse than the first two this will be tough to get through. That ##### of a teacher beating up that kid who looked a lot stronger was meh. That teacher looked like someone who has never beat anyone up (has been beaten up) in his life, but he killed the kid. I haven't watched hour 3, so I probably should assume he's on life support and will wake up at the right point later in the show.

I think the point that pissed me off the most was the, let me put my phone with the thumb drive down over here near my unstable friend instead of just putting it in my pocket. Or heck, even though the pipe drop gave me plenty of time to escape (pretty sure the workers had a few trucks) with what might be the most valuable intel for saving American lives, I'll decide to go after three guys just so the "story" can continue. I know it's a show and his buddy had to get the thumb drive, but damn, how about his buddy knocking him out for a minute or two or holding him at gun point to get it. Just something other than making our hero put down his phone and thumb drive instead of an easy escape.

It's too bad there's just not enough people in Hollywood who can look at a script and find holes like that and suggest some alternate scenario that makes more sense.

Ugh, if hour three was worse than the first two this will be tough to get through. That ##### of a teacher beating up that kid who looked a lot stronger was meh. That teacher looked like someone who has never beat anyone up (has been beaten up) in his life, but he killed the kid. I haven't watched hour 3, so I probably should assume he's on life support and will wake up at the right point later in the show.

I think the point that pissed me off the most was the, let me put my phone with the thumb drive down over here near my unstable friend instead of just putting it in my pocket. Or heck, even though the pipe drop gave me plenty of time to escape (pretty sure the workers had a few trucks) with what might be the most valuable intel for saving American lives, I'll decide to go after three guys just so the "story" can continue. I know it's a show and his buddy had to get the thumb drive, but damn, how about his buddy knocking him out for a minute or two or holding him at gun point to get it. Just something other than making our hero put down his phone and thumb drive instead of an easy escape.

It's too bad there's just not enough people in Hollywood who can look at a script and find holes like that and suggest some alternate scenario that makes more sense.
New to the 24 series are you?? ;)

Nope, but did they have to do that so damn early? I know 24 and the need to do stupid stuff so the show isn't called 8, but you have intel that could save thousands, maybe more, and you just put it on the ground next to unstable buddy and you don't bolt when you have created your easy escape? It was only made worse by the bad guy who had to get rolled over. I mean we all knew at least one would. It was like watching that squirrel you hit with your car when it has any number of options to escape and plenty of time, but no, just darts back and forth until you steamroll it.

Nope, but did they have to do that so damn early? I know 24 and the need to do stupid stuff so the show isn't called 8, but you have intel that could save thousands, maybe more, and you just put it on the ground next to unstable buddy and you don't bolt when you have created your easy escape? It was only made worse by the bad guy who had to get rolled over. I mean we all knew at least one would. It was like watching that squirrel you hit with your car when it has any number of options to escape and plenty of time, but no, just darts back and forth until you steamroll it.
As a refresher.. Season 1 Amnesia.. Season 2 Mountain lion..

Must I go on ;)

I don't mind off the wall plots BUT the  BLEACHERS WERE ONE TINY BLEACHER   - like no on on the field saw this kid stumble out of the woods :lmao:

I don't mind off the wall plots BUT the  BLEACHERS WERE ONE TINY BLEACHER   - like no on on the field saw this kid stumble out of the woods :lmao:
Was truly the "Mountain Lion" so far..
He stumbles out of the woods, in clear sight, then waves a few times, at 20 to 30 people and not one person saw him before he fell down.. nor saw the teacher and student come out of the woods together...  :lol:

Okay.. this show sucks.  I wanted to like it and the first two hours were fine.  It's gone down hill ever since.  Jimmy Smits is terrible.  The girl trying to kill her boyfriend in the hospital was probably worse than the soccer field fiasco.  He's on vitals monitors that go nuts when he's under duress and there are no nurses remaining in the hospital that hear it and/or come to check on him.  His mother, I guess, went on to the house.  

The brother gang member and everyone surrounding that side story are incredibly awful.  The girl thug Foxxy Cleopatra is beyond silly.  

The hero has a bleeding cut on his head walking into CTU and on the phone with his gangster brother.  Then he meets/greets the female hero in CTU and it's a faint scar that is barely noticeable.  Then the next scene is in the interrogation room and his cut is bleeding again.  Could have bumped his head I guess.  

The young female analyst in CTU, keeping an eye on the gay analyst for the new CTU director, is probably going to be a mole.. or at least they will want us to believe that.. since she looks middle eastern.  

And Jimmy Smits..  "Gee, dad, I don't want to be President this way."  "Talk to me, daddy..  what have you done?"  Daddy?  Daddy!!!!  

Okay.. this show sucks.  I wanted to like it and the first two hours were fine.  It's gone down hill ever since.  Jimmy Smits is terrible.  The girl trying to kill her boyfriend in the hospital was probably worse than the soccer field fiasco.  He's on vitals monitors that go nuts when he's under duress and there are no nurses remaining in the hospital that hear it and/or come to check on him.  His mother, I guess, went on to the house.  

The brother gang member and everyone surrounding that side story are incredibly awful.  The girl thug Foxxy Cleopatra is beyond silly.  

The hero has a bleeding cut on his head walking into CTU and on the phone with his gangster brother.  Then he meets/greets the female hero in CTU and it's a faint scar that is barely noticeable.  Then the next scene is in the interrogation room and his cut is bleeding again.  Could have bumped his head I guess.  

The young female analyst in CTU, keeping an eye on the gay analyst for the new CTU director, is probably going to be a mole.. or at least they will want us to believe that.. since she looks middle eastern.  

And Jimmy Smits..  "Gee, dad, I don't want to be President this way."  "Talk to me, daddy..  what have you done?"  Daddy?  Daddy!!!!  
I think they are trying to combine all the ridiculous parts of the previous 24 series into this new "Legacy".  It's like amnesia, mountain lion, mole, mole, mole, incompetent CTU leader, mole, etc all wrapped up into one show... 

All that is wrong with the show right now is nicely typed above :thumbup:  

Every week when I think we've had our "Mountain lion" for this season, they go and pull the hospital scene to top themselves :lol:

kid is Dead so we are 18 confirmed kills so far...

All of these plot holes and I'm still enjoying the show.  Also, the NSA could figure out that the ATM footage was fake but the CTU couldn't?  

It's a carbon copy of the original which I liked so it works for me. Dre is no Jack but he's better than I thought he might be. I wonder if he'll ever make another appearance on TWD?

Did you guys see the emblem of the CTU when Dre went in the first time?  'Counter Terrorist Unit', not terrorism, terrorist.  Made me laugh.

I've tried but the acting in this is pretty horrible. I want it to be good as the biggest 24 fan but it's been disappointing. Homeland is a much better option. 

I was trying to count bodies last night but the final scene made it hard to count.  Only one before the very end of the show.  Then maybe a dozen?

I was trying to count bodies last night but the final scene made it hard to count.  Only one before the very end of the show.  Then maybe a dozen?
I counted 14.. Some were shot and down in that last scene so decided to just call the flat line on them...

I've got us at 32...  give or take 20 ;)

I liked last nights episode.. well, all except the Brother/Sister part.. although if things work out their story line will be gone soon.

Users who are viewing this thread