What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dantdm....on tour? (1 Viewer)

comfortably numb

Footballguy
During a hectic workday day I was in a group text with my wife, sis and BIL.

I didn't read any of the 43 texts but on my way home when I was talking to my wife on the ride home she says so we're all going to see see dantdm in april.

Ok, no problem..wait what?

So we're all taking our kids to this show.

This is the annoying English dude I hear my kids watch all day as he plays video games?

I'm good to go out for anything as long as the company of people is good I'll have fun but what the hell am I going to see?

Is he gonna play video games on stage and talk? How much did this cost me? Is he what they call a  youtueber?

Why didn't i become one of them guys? It looks like they make mad money.

He's entertaining if you're interested the subject. My youngest wants to go see him 
I mean I enjoy Super Mario Bros but I guess hearing his voice so much I just wanna fly kick someone in the chin. 

Any idea what the show actually is?

I gotta ask my wife. I have too many questions. Where the hell am I going?  Is this just a small venue and he signs my kids controllers or is this gonna be like a Woodstock type of event.

200+ for 4 in upper darby pa...seems like its a good time to bust out the flask.

My son is watching him now.

This is gonna be like watching Em on stage posting in the FFA and commenting on his posts isn't it?

I make my kids turn him off when I catch them watching this guy.  He seems safe for kids, buts its trash entertainment.

Let me know what Guava Juice is in town, then i'm totally in!!!  

My kid just started watching him and thanks to technology, we get to enjoy his girl-like screeching on out 65inch den TV now....thanks Samsung! Life was better when he was zoned into his ipod with headphones. 

honestly, WTF is up with this 'entertainment' I mean I know I prob watched some dumb #### as a kid, but this is just brain mush. 

Is he bringing Ellie and Darcy?  I haven't seen Peggy yet.  My daughter who is seven has about 15 pugs because of Dan.  He's a cool guy.

I NEED FOUR TICKETS TO BOSTON if anyone sees anything.  My daughter would be so happy to go.  This would probably get me off the hook for Taylor Swift too 

Anyone else have kids asking to start a youtube channel?  Seems like the worst idea in history to me, but this is a weekly "no" followed by a new list of reasons why I should be ok with it the next week. 

Why are you against this?
Because you don't know who is on the internet.  Youtube can be a vile place.  I don't want my kids to have to deal with issues above their maturity level. 

Plus kids aren't smart about what they post.  It can be an issue of security for the family or something that will follow them throughout life. I just don't have the time to personally quality control everything they release to the world and I'm not comfortable with that.

Because you don't know who is on the internet.  Youtube can be a vile place.  I don't want my kids to have to deal with issues above their maturity level. 

Plus kids aren't smart about what they post.  It can be an issue of security for the family or something that will follow them throughout life. I just don't have the time to personally quality control everything they release to the world and I'm not comfortable with that.
How old are these children?

Anyone else have kids asking to start a youtube channel?  Seems like the worst idea in history to me, but this is a weekly "no" followed by a new list of reasons why I should be ok with it the next week. 

My daughter has...we started one...and as expected she uploaded 1 dumb video and forgot about it a week later. 

yes...you never know who is out there, but there has to be a special type of pervert to ever find my kid's video buried under 2 million uploads a day and with absolutely no click tag, SEO or any other type of search information 

Is this like hagmania doing twitchers or whatever it's called?

world is getting so weird 

Yep my son. It's even gotten to the point where he makes fake videos now. In other words he plays video games and pretends to talk to his followers while narrating everything he does. It truly is bizarre and a little worrisome. 

We have also uploaded a number of videos of him opening or playing with toys because he begs me. Then he gets mad nobody likes his videos. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep my son. It's even gotten to the point where he makes fake videos now. In other words he plays video games and pretends to talk to his followers while narrating everything he does. It truly is bizarre and a little worrisome. 
Don't worry Shady, both my sons do this too. I look at it like this- when I was a kid, I'd practice baseball by throwing a tennis ball against our garage door for hours. I was always talking it up.. " Bottom of the ninth, bases loaded... grounder to short... he makes the play!!" Kinda stuff. That's what my kids do, they just do it while playing video games.

this is the way of the world. as bizarre to us as it must have been for our parents to watch us playing video games all day. and to their parents when their kids wanted to watch tv. and their parents when the kids wanted to play all day instead of getting a job in the coal mines at 4 years old.

We have also uploaded a number of videos of him opening or playing with toys because he begs me. Then he gets mad nobody likes his videos. 
lol, I listen to my daughter and her cousin record their "shows" and hear them say stuff like "Be sure to like and leave a comment below for a prize" and I just chuckle.

They are just parroting what they are hearing on real (and i use 'real' loosely) youtube channels. 

lol, I listen to my daughter and her cousin record their "shows" and hear them say stuff like "Be sure to like and leave a comment below for a prize" and I just chuckle.

They are just parroting what they are hearing on real (and i use 'real' loosely) youtube channels. 
Lol yep he says that too

I have no idea what he can do as a "show" but we are going.  I asked my older daughter (13) this morning if she still watched his videos, and she tried to play it off like she is too cool for that now.  Then I asked if she had any interest in going to see his show, and her eyes lit up with excitement.  My younger daughter will freak out when she finds out we have tickets - she would watch his videos 24/7 if we let her.

I suppose it mildly better than that Stampy Cat character they started out watching...

PIK95 said:
I NEED FOUR TICKETS TO BOSTON if anyone sees anything.  My daughter would be so happy to go.  This would probably get me off the hook for Taylor Swift too 
I can't believe he banged out the Orpheum.  First show I ever saw there was Pearl Jam in 1994.

I ended up grabbing tickets to the Wallingford CT show.  

shadyridr said:

Does he try to "network" and get his video more views?  I'm really on the fence with going down this whole route.  I know it will make the kids happy, but I don't think they or I know what we're getting into. 

Sinn Fein said:
I have no idea what he can do as a "show" but we are going.  I asked my older daughter (13) this morning if she still watched his videos, and she tried to play it off like she is too cool for that now.  Then I asked if she had any interest in going to see his show, and her eyes lit up with excitement.  My younger daughter will freak out when she finds out we have tickets - she would watch his videos 24/7 if we let her.

I suppose it mildly better than that Stampy Cat character they started out watching...
My daughter was sick around christmas and she was laying in the bed with me.  She asked to watch stampy cat on youtube.  Not knowing what I was getting into... yikes.  How can something be so entertaining to one person and so horrendous to another?

Ugh, my kids really like this guy.  I'll admit, we've told them not to watch some of the other "youtubers" but can't complain about this guy, seems pretty pg.

Dan Lambskin said:
Saw it today.  Not much to it but my son liked it a lot so that's all that matters 
Was it like a Q&A, or did you just sit there and watch him play games on a big screen while he narrated, like a live version of his YouTube channel?

Was it like a Q&A, or did you just sit there and watch him play games on a big screen while he narrated, like a live version of his YouTube channel?
I don't want to spoil it but there was a storyline with a bunch of challenges worked in

I don't want to spoil it but there was a storyline with a bunch of challenges worked in
Ok. Maybe I'll just be on the lookout for someone selling decent tickets for cheap, day of, and surprise my 8yo.

Boy, did some of these guys hit the jackpot.  Their only talent is they can keep their mouths moving for 20 straight minutes without taking a breath.  

Anyone in Philly area going to the 2pm Tower Theater show on Saturday? I have an extra meet and greet pass I'm listing on craigslist this afternoon. 

Found a guy with 2 seats and 2 meet and greet passes. He bought 2 meet and greets thinking you need one per ticket, but for the meet and greet it's one adult and one child, per ticket. He was only selling all 4, but I only need the 2 seats and 1 meet and greet. So looking to get back what I paid for the extra meet and greet. 

PM me. 

Users who are viewing this thread