What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Good Place (1 Viewer)

Ok, so everyone in the good place kept up with modern times until the four got there with the new system. After that, no matter how many Jeremy Bearimys had passed, everything was still like early 21st century Earth. Will flying cars never be a thing!?

Got a little dusty at our house watching the final episode, a bittersweet but poignant end. Lots of cameos and callbacks. Ending reminded me a lot of the end of the Golden Compass books, a very similar philosophical side of the aisle that things are defined by mortality and have no meaning without a finite end. I like to think I prefer the route that Tahani took over the others and dedicating her afterlife to helping and bettering others as opposed to walking gentle into that good night so to speak. I only hope I am as at peace when it’s my time to go as the characters that I have grown to enjoy these last few years were at their end.

Got a little dusty at our house watching the final episode, a bittersweet but poignant end. Lots of cameos and callbacks. Ending reminded me a lot of the end of the Golden Compass books, a very similar philosophical side of the aisle that things are defined by mortality and have no meaning without a finite end. I like to think I prefer the route that Tahani took over the others and dedicating her afterlife to helping and bettering others as opposed to walking gentle into that good night so to speak. I only hope I am as at peace when it’s my time to go as the characters that I have grown to enjoy these last few years were at their end.
Basically the Good Place was living on earth, but only with good people and unlimited resources, and the door to leave was you being able to die whenever you choose. It made the afterlife into more of a second life and the real afterlife was whatever unknown waited beyond that door. Going through, therefore, is suicide. But in the Good Place, suicide is accepted as being normal and good. 

Wow, that was pretty emotional.  It made me sad but it was really well done.

And then they made the cast toast each other  :X

I guess I completely missed the boat when this series was on air.  I just finished watching on Netflix.  I really enjoyed it.  I thought the writing was great, a little quirky at times, but it was very entertaining.  Loved the characters and find myself wanting more Jason...

I guess I completely missed the boat when this series was on air.  I just finished watching on Netflix.  I really enjoyed it.  I thought the writing was great, a little quirky at times, but it was very entertaining.  Loved the characters and find myself wanting more Jason...
Agreed.  Great show that could have easily gone off the rails at any time but somehow managed to keep firm footing.  Excellent show. 

Good Place creator Michael Schur is publishing a book about a lot of the themes from the show. You can get a personalized copy here. Got one for my 13-yo who is a huge Office, Good Place, Parks & Rec, and B99 fan and asked for Schur to inscribe it (before they put a 10 word limit) with, "Noid Jr: love like Michael Scott, dream like Leslie, do the right thing like Chidi, be goofy like Jake, and don't run like Mose." 

Users who are viewing this thread